CleanMyMac X Reviews

CleanMyMac X

Write a Review!
Maintenance and antivirus software for Macs.

4.5/5
4.7/5
4.8/5
4.6/5

Steve
Steve

Keep you Mac updated and clean threats

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

I usually run the program daily to check for updates and remove unwanted applications and weekly to perform deep scans, clear caches/bins/etc and run maintenance scripts.

Pros

It allows you to update software, remove old and unused files and programs, clean caches, speeds mail and checks for infections and other malware.

Cons

Sometimes to offers program updates that have already been updated

Charles
Charles

Run it Once and You will keep it Forever

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

This one program salvaged a 2015 Macbook Pro which was clogged, cluttered, poorly indexed, with multiple memory leaks. I've since installed it on all my Mac's (personal and business).

Pros

The simple complexity is perfect for my environment. I can quickly flush cache, file compare, update, uninstall, and run scans from a slick interface. Eliminate multiple scripts, terminal commands, time, and effort.

Cons

Some of the pesky notifications I wish was more customizable. However, for most users, I predict will leave all notifications on or turn off completely.

Adam
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Slows Down Your Mac

Reviewed on 13/06/2023

CleanMyMac X is much better than MacCleaner but still slows your mac way down. I have removed it from start up privileges in Ventura and also from LaunchDaemons in the System Library folder. My mac is faster. I think that PathFinder also slows down the Finder as well but I until Apple finally figures things out and improves merging folders in the Finder like Windows has had at least since Windows 98 I will depend on this. I will also run CleanMyMac X to update apps. I purchased it because it seemed to be the only app that could find and remove 32 bit applications. Go64 is free and can help you find apps quickly and more specifically that are not 64 bit or Intell etc and would be the route I would go if you are looking for that. I forgot I had that app already.

Pros

Finds 32 bit appsUpdates out-of-date softwareMany other features

Cons

- Slows your Mac down similar to Norton's monitor did back in the day. - Some out-of-date software it lists is inaccurate and doesn't check if the update is the best for your computer (Intel-based or Apple Silicon).-Know what things

John
John
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best solution for keeping my MAC in good shape.

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

Usefull features for me are ability to free up memory, clean up after apps after uninstall. smart scan to tune up your computer and real time malware protection.

If you have a problem cusotmer support are really proactive insolving issues.

Cons

Can't really think of any downsides and if I've had issues cusotmer support has helped me out very quickly,

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Graphic Design

CleanMyMac X is one of my staples

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I've used CleanMyMac on my Macs for several years now. I can not imagine working with them without it.

Pros

I love how it cleans old junk out of my Mac, and gives me more space to work with.

Cons

To be honest, I really can not think of any cons with CleanMyMac X. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Jodi
Jodi
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A great way to manage your Mac

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

I've kept my Mac clean, optimized, and well maintained using CleanMyMac X. This is an app I never want to be without.

Pros

In addition to virus and threats, this product also helps you optimize and maintain your entire system—from clean uninstalls of programs you no longer use, to automatically updating apps, managing browser extensions, and so much more.

Cons

Honestly I don't think there is anything not to like.

Christian
Christian

CleanMyMac X - Best Mac CMMS

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

It has saved me from having to spend much money going to fix issues arising from over filled storage space. the tips too for saving space has been very useful

Pros

The notification aspect of it, especially when it has to do with critical storage or memory space. This has saved me a lot of headache.

Cons

I would want the deep scan to be even deeper. especially reaching system files, and sorting what is useful and what is not.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe

The best software to keep your mac clean and fast

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Pros

Excellent app, it offers a series of tools that allow you to clean up unnecessary files, uninstall apps and scan for malware.

Cons

Maybe the price could be a bit lower, but otherwise it's great.

Eliffio
Eliffio

The best optimizing tool for my mac.

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

We manage big files everyday and we need to optimize our disk space and memory regularly. That's the feature we love and use the most about CleanMyMac. For us, it's simply the best tool out there.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use CleanMyMac. It has a clean and intuitive user interface and great optimizing tools that just work. I don't need to do any manual/repetitive tasks to optimize memory, clean my disk or have a precise view of what's taking space in my computer. I just make a couple clicks and it's all done. Also, I don't need additional apps for different tasks. CleanMyMac does it all!

Cons

Nothing not to like. I had only one issue with my antivirus, but it was solved in a couple minutes just checking CleanMyMac's website and updating it.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Does what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I use CleanMyMac for my personal computer systems, it gives me confidence in the system integrity, and the ability to fine-tune settings. I like to tinker, so having backup support from CleanMyMac in case something goes wrong is excellent.

Pros

CleanMyMac is an essential part of my personal computer maintenance and management armoury. It's easy to use, intuitive and has loads of features that make my life easier.

Cons

I have not had any issues with CleanMyMac, the CPU overhead is minimal, and the features far outweigh any negatives.

Danielle
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Light and breezy

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

I use a combo of this and Gemini II to keep my Mac running in tip-top performance.
CleamMyMac is...

CleamMyMac is often used for hard disk space retrieval on the go, malware detection in real-time and speed optimisation. I utilise the RAM freeing-up tool daily and that allows me to just keep the Mac running virtually all the time between macOS updates. Well, mainly that and a few other apps like amphetamine.

Pros

It sits in an inconspicuous place and just does its thang. I hardly notice until I think "oh wait, I want to clear some memory" and go ahead and click its menubar icon and jolly well do so. From this quick access point, there are other processes that are vital and on hand like freeing up hard-disk space and seeing what other resources are being used.
It has never failed. It has so much more to it when I open the dashboard and start flicking through the options that I could spend all day fine-tuning and sometimes I have spent quite a long time getting even more space back and clearing apps that are redundant.

Cons

I have not one quibble. Its overhead seems tiny, I hardly notice it is there and yet when I need its full suite of tools they are immediately on hand.

Dunnecia
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Computer Storage Saver

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Pros

Since getting this application my computer usage has been in optimal mode. I'm able to clear things that slow down my working process and storage immediately without putting in to much effort and that for me within itself is a win.

Cons

Although it's able to monitor my computer processor and help save me the trouble of clearing space, it doesn't get rid of every single thing making your computer slow. It's a pity cause if it did that would make it one of the best working apps ever.

Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A must have for Mac owners!

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

It's been great for all these years I've used it - around 7 years maybe. Customer support is absolutely great and fast, the app is updated all the time and it has a beautiful Mac like interface and easy to use.
I don't use any Mac here in the company without it!

Pros

CleanMyMac X does an incredible job on scanning your Mac to make sure it's running at its best and rid of malware or files/apps that shouldn't be there. It also scans and cleans up junk weekly, in addition to providing a great bar top menu giving you a lot of info regarding your connection, ram memory available, CPU load and storage available. It's pretty complete.

Cons

It's hard to say because I really love it and I believe it's essential to have.
They're always updating it and I feel like I'm being taken care of. So there's nothing I don't like about it.

Mitchel

A Must Have

clean user interface
excellent product

clean user interface
excellent product

Pros

After years of trying to keep our work stations up to speed, this product solved all our issues. Installed on every employee and also personal units.

Cons

some features are unclear when or why to run

Scott

CEO

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

LOVE IT - TRUST IT! It's the first program I add when I upgrade equipment, and the last program I'd ever do without. Brilliant product!

Pros

My trust level is very high in CMMX. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what's crept onto my drive; this program keeps it clean, healthy and protected.

Cons

It's got everything I can think of, and it keeps getting better!

Ari

Essential for every Mac

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I've been a Clean My Mac user for years now and it's the first app your Mac will need since it keeps it running at its fullest potential.

Pros

The top menu is very, very handy, I can access a lot of information there such as my HD storage, internet speed, etc.
I like it how it sweeps all the junk off my Mac. It does a pretty good job.

Cons

I'd say the price, I'd like to pay a little less but it's worth it for what it provides.

phil
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The great and good, and one irksome trait

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Overall I've been pleased with how CMMX cleans up my Mac such that I can do my work in a more timely fashion. I've recommended CMMX to at least a dozen people.

Pros

I frequently use this software to clear my Mac of unnecessary memory eating junk, disable apps I seldom use, eliminate duplicate files, and generally smooth out how my Mac operates. CMMX is generally not clunky like other maintenance programs I've used, and its definitely faster than other products.

Cons

The one irksome trait that I've experienced with CMMX is that is generally very slow to open, and seems to bog my computer down to such a snail pace when opening. This might be because I am using an other MacOS, but it has always been slow to open.

Andrew
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent product

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

As an individual user, I find CleanMyMac very useful, effective, and easy to use. For me the most important features are freeing up RAM, clearing out system junk, checking for malware, and uninstalling unneeded or obsolete software. CleanMyMac does all those things very well.

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Craig
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Super Reliable - Easy To Use

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

The way operations are set out very simply and clearly so that even the most tech-phobic might get their head around it. I use this at home on two separate MAC devices and will always run it before I start doing any work so I can be assured that the device is running to it's best capacity always.

Cons

Only a slight issue I have is with redeploying one licence over two separate devices. Obviously ideally I understand you would like people to buy another licence to use on a second/third/fourth device and that would resolve this issue but it's really the only least thing I like about the software which is still a pretty good piece of kit anyway.

marta
  • Industry: Automotive

cleaning and optimization tool for Mac

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

quickly scan your system and identify files and applications that are taking up unnecessary space.

Pros

a comprehensive cleaning and optimization tool for Mac computers that can help boost performance, free up storage space, and keep your Mac running smoothly.

Cons

I haven't found anything majorly wrong with this software, other than occasional pop-ups informing you about its usage, but it's a great security tool overall.

Jens

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

CleanMyMac has been essential for my daily workflow without interruptions. Everything runs fast and smooth. This is the only software I use to maintain my Mac in top shape with full confidence.

Pros

I love how easy it is and quick to use.

Cons

It would be nice if it has Dark Mode feature.

Andrew
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Solid app, good for everyone

Have had a good experience, will likely reup subscription

Have had a good experience, will likely reup subscription

Pros

Ease of use and variety of services it provides.

Cons

Obviously paying for it is a negative but other than that, it's worth it.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool to keep my MAC working well

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

Pros

My MAC is old - 2012 - so it needs a bit more TLC to keep tiperforming. Clean My MAc makes that pretty effortless for me.

Cons

I would love to have a more detailed file explorer to help remove large files / free up space. Finding duplicates, reorganising files when space becomes critical is a real pain in the neck!

Billy

Best password organizer

Used for years as the best and easiest product out there

Used for years as the best and easiest product out there

Pros

Browser integration is clean and available as an extension on the three I use

Cons

Doesn’t always load a login page but goes to a home page

Przemysław

Keeps your Mac fresh

Reviewed on 04/03/2023

Pros

Easy to use, a lot of settings, keeps your Mac fresh. Automatic removal of files from trash.

Cons

It's expensive, sometimes there are too many popups.