Canvas X Draw

Graphic design software for editors

4.5/5

• Industry: Defense & Space

Solid drawing package for Mac

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Overall the product fills a niche need between a Powerpoint and an Autocad in a very elegant and simple way, without the complexity of an Illustrator, which is why I have used it for so long.

Pros

I am a longtime user for Canvas for Mac dating to the 1990's. It has long been for me the best option for engineering drawings and annotations. I use Canvas for generating block diagrams, patent illustrations, and generally drawings that don't require a full CAD package like Autocad, but beyond what a Powerpoint can do. I also use it for imaging editing. It is still the best option on the Mac even after these years. It's important to me to have a standalone product on my Mac rather than a web based product like a SmartDraw for sensitive drawings I don't feel comfortable with in a web based environment. For many of my drawings I need precision and Canvas has always done a great job with that.

This latest version of Canvas X Draw for Mac is still super fast, still easy to use, excellent quality. I use it all of the time, important part of the overall tools I use to generate customer product. I also appreciate that they do offer a non-subscription version of the product. So far the customer service has also been excellent and very responsive.

Cons

Canvas has gone through many owners (Deneba, ACD, now Canvas GFX). One of the things lost since the Deneba days were the excellent tutorial products. The current owners are trying to rebuild the tutorials through some very good videos, but they have a ways to go given the tremendous number of detailed tools that Canvas possesses. Sometimes there is a particular look I'm trying to achieve and historically these tutorials have been super valuable in helping me figure out how to achieve that look.

RANDALL
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Critique of Canvas X Draw

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

I love Canvas and have been an active user since the mid-1990's! I am a MAC user and was EXTREMELY happy when Canvas for Mac was reestablished a few years ago!

Pros

This software compares very favorably with CorelDraw but is less expensive and in my opinion much easier to use!

Cons

In my business I do graphics or applique's for athletic and travel bags requiring multiple layers. I find the "Offset Path" function sadly lacking. "Offset Path" can only be used for what I consider very simple polygons and not more complex figures such as lettering or anything that has multiple edges/rounded curves, and punchouts. As a result, I also need to use CorelDraw to apply their "Contour" function. Also I find the "Extrude" function in Canvas X Draw unwieldy! In my bag design I like to create a 3-D effect to show clients what their end product looks like! Unless the operator has a good feel for 3-D coordinates this is problematic. I like the "Extrude" function from CANVAS in the '90's where not only could you apply a 3-D effect, but the individual panels could be ungrouped, color applied, and then reassembled into a finished product. Also there is a typo in the "Arrowhead" attributes editor under "Full". It says "Buttom" rather than "Bottom".

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

Canvas is an easier program to use and very straight forward! Functions are aptly named and from that you can guess their use! CorelDRAW does have functions that I need so I have to use it in conjunction with Canvas. My main drawings are done in Canvas X Draw, saved in a common format, and then transferred to CorelDRAW for completion; mostly for application of the Contour function. Also ... Canvas X Draw is not compatible with either my embroidery machine software [PULSE for Tajima] or my IOLINE 300 cutter!
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Awesome design software

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

I like Canvas X Draw and it's more professional and precise than previous products that we had used.
We were able to create beautiful high quality designs for our business and our events.
There are occasionally some technical issues however they don't impact it in an extreme way.
I would recommend it!

Pros

The best thing is that it has a lot of capabilities but is still simple to use. We were able to create our own designs instead of paying someone else to do it.
Learning tools are offered and are very helpful if you're beginner to intermediate level.
The vector is strong and allows for precision which is vital.
We actually used this software to make our logo and it turned out great.

Cons

The only con is that there are some malfunctions. The toolbox jumps all over the screen and sometimes I can't use it at all.
Sometimes when trying to import a PDF it fails or takes a long time.

Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

The prices were affordable with Canvas and we loved the demo
robert

OK, But Still Not What It Once Was....

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

it provides a wonderful way to say something nasty to Adobe

Pros

compatibility; swiss-army knife capability; easy to use

Cons

no parity with the windoze version, which remains ironic, since it was macOS first

Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Canvas X Draw

their bloatware and insane business model

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

more mature, more useful, more capable, easier and more intuitive to use
Zachary
  • Industry: Higher Education

Hate Aggravator, but Love Canvas!

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Been using Canvas for many years to make publishable figures and graphics for scientific presentations. All editions of canvas have been super easy and intuitive to use, this latest version being no exception. Importing graphs from other programs also go in clean and easy. I've used other programs and everything gets scrambled and you need to be a high level graphic artist to use these. Canvas is good for novices on up. Edits are quick and easy in canvas. You can make beautiful elaborate figures or keep it simple. Export is clean too. Save as a PDF or other file and everything you see in the canvas document is conserved. Aggravator doesn't ever work this well.

Pros

Ease of use is number 1. The way the program is laid out is very intuitive. Lines draw the first time and when you click on something it actually selects it. Layers work too! Competitors software (aka Adobe Aggravator) need years of training to draw a simple line. Canvas just works the first time. I very much appreciate that new versions work like the old ones. You've added features but kept the old ones in place and they work the same. No hunting, no "where did they put that" or "it used to be able to".

Cons

I do wish there were more fill options for shapes. Also I typically have to convert the canvas files to another file type to print especially if they are being printed on a large format plotter. Older versions had trouble "talking" to HP plotters, but will have to see how the latest version works. It also has some trouble reading really old canvas files.

Kenneth
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Affordable dimensioning drawing with full functionality

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

I prepared numerous PowerPoint presentations and found that Canvas was so superior to the drawing tools in PPT. It helped me design our new home and even our cabinetmaker was impressed with the detail and accuracy of Canvas. Now I mostly use it for woodwork projects.
Very impressed with how they keep up with the MAC software changes. Other companies (like MYOB) just gave up.

Pros

It’s intuitive and has an excellent instruction manual with a very helpful start for first time users.
One of the few affordable MAC drawing programs with accurate dimensions for technical drawings or even for planning the next woodwork project.
Multiple layers are a breeze. If you want to extend your drawing capability, Canvas has the capacity to go all the conceptions.

Cons

I have used this product through my whole working life as an educator in Radiology. Each version was incrementally better. There is nothing about it I don’t like.

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

Simple interface with extensive options and tools. Accurate dimensioning capability Affordable. Best in Class software backup from the Canvas Support team
Gerard
  • Industry: Entertainment

Better than it was, still not great

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

It works for what I do, mostly technical drawings. I had been looking for another app when it looked like Deneba was going to drop support for Canvas and Mac. I am glad they stuck with it and came up with a good upgrade

Pros

The drawing/drafting portion is very good, and has gotten much better through all the iterations from Canvas X onward. It mostly all just works, drawing, importing, exporting. It is pretty intuitive, especially if you have used other drawing apps. It is now at a place i wish it had been several years ago. The team seems to finally thrown their support behind this version for the Mac and I hope it continues. I don't use the page layout part very much, but it seems to be ok.

Cons

The photo editing part is terrible, not much changed over the years. It is usable for very simple tasks. Not anywhere close to Photoshop, which I usually fall back to if I need to do anything involved. It could use a lot of work to improve it.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

I have been using Canvas for years and have tons of drawings that I needed to be able to convert. Staying with Draw was the logical choice, if it had been any good.
Kent
  • Industry: Medical Practice

All-in-one that works

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

I have been a Canvas user for a very ling time, beginning in the 90s. The software grew well, but then dropped off the stage for a while until resurrected. I was very happy to see it return. I have the full suite of Adobe products at my disposal, but I like Canvas for its combined capabilities in one software package. I hope it continues to grow.

Pros

It is very helpful for me, using a mixed bag of design elements, to stay within one package for graphic design elements, text, and images with a full suite of effects and capabilities. The results look professional and well-executed by the software, with a good selection of tools for my projects.

Cons

The Mac version has lagged a bit over the years, but is improving now that its base has been re-established. Minor software bugs appear, but the updates are reasonably spaced to keep it working well.

LuminarAI

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

The all-in-one workflow is expedient for me, and the results are just what I needed.
Aleksandar
  • Industry: Media Production

Interesting merge of vector and CAD ilustration tool

Reviewed on 09/04/2022

In our magazine we use Canvas X Draw for chart ilustration making. It works perfectly and charts/graphs are very nice and with precise interpretation of data. For us, it is very important.

Pros

CAD file import and postediting in Canvas X Draw document is the most "welcome" in vector illustrating tools market. Canvas open numerous different CAD formats, and you can easily integrate that illustrations in you design.

Cons

Canvas X Draw did not support UNICODE ... and it is the greatest problem with all standalone versions till now.

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

For chart making, with good pdf export in PDF 1.7 format, Corel X Draw is the best.
Laura
  • Industry: Cosmetics

I love this app. I use it daily

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

It helps me do my daily posts and promo

Pros

It helps me to make my own posts and visual boards

Cons

I would love to have more design templates

Richard

The Good and the Bad

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Was able to present scientific data in ways that incorporated enhanced information, and easily printed out for documentation. Also, for producing patterns and special effects beyond most expectations for hobbies. Only pulled out a few hand-fulls of sparsely remaining hair due to new bugs.

Pros

Professionally, I used Canvas (Mac) for making slides used for many technical presentations, ranging from small groups to international symposia. Using Canvas enabled me to do many things that Pages, for example, cannot do to enhance the scientific content.
For personal use, Canvas is really a great way to produce patterns and templates for one of my hobbies, wood carving. The ability to adjust transparency, to excise portions of photographs, and test different color schemes is a great advantage in all aspects. Customizing various insignia, for example, is a great advantage in carving walking sticks for military veterans.

Cons

There has always been a completely new set of bugs in every updated version. For example, in the current version, switching from pages often also triggers unwanted magnification changes. I was touching up a pattern I had drawn using the spray paint tool and the screen immediately changed to a chaotic patchwork! Cmd-z reversed this, and a second attempt worked just fine. Also, the use of the MySymbols folder has to be added after updates, this should be part of the installation process.
Replies of questions for support problems don't work, as I found out very recently, leaving me to have to stop work and find an alternative fix.
Some of the tools, such as Effects-> Extrude are not well explained, and require much experimentation to use successfully .
I suppose it is futile to bemoan the absence of obtaining a printed manual of how to use the various features, as opposed to trying to navigate the net Help index. Even formatting your Help pages to enable easy printing would be a benefit.
I cannot help but conclude that new versions are poorly tested.

Frank
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Canvas on the Mac is Back to Excellence

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I have been using Canvas since 1989. It has been a great companion for all my illustrations in presentations and publications. I highly recommend Canvas X Draw To students, particularly in science and engineering. I am very pleased that Canvas GFXis reaching out to customers and making great efforts to further improve it. Already at this point, it is very clear that Canvas is not only back on the Mac, but much better than any version we ever had on the Mac before.

Pros

Canvas X Draw is easy to use, but it can also do very sophisticated things that you will explore as you need them, e.g. sprite effects, replication with transformation, advanced selections in pixel graphics, intersections of objects, etc etc. One great strength of Canvas X Draw is the ability to draw with high precision, enabled by inspectors that display and accept numerical input for object shapes. Another great strength of Canvas X Draw is the easy combination of vector graphics with pixel graphics and text. Further, the organization of documents into layers and pages enables great functionality.

Cons

My biggest dislike is that there is still no shortkey like OS X's "Cmd-~" to quickly switch between different tabs/windows. Generally, it would do Canvas X Draw good to allow more functions to be accessed through user-defined shortkeys and let users choose between "original" and more "modern-Mac-OS-X-like" key functionality. In modern OS X, for example, you can add to a selection by holding down the Command Key, while Canvas X Draw still uses the historic shift key for that purpose. A great addition would be to improve the current pixel map so that is fast enough for handwriting and drawing, e.g. similar to what Sketchbook can do. Then we could use Canvas X Draw in online meetings to quickly sketch or write. Currently, we can generate pixel maps and write on them with a pen, but this is too slow and the pen is not very versatile. Finally, I dislike that it is so difficult and time consuming to transfer an existing subscription between different computers. If this is "salesmanship" intended to urge users to buy several subscriptions at the same time, then additional subscriptions should at least be generously discounted. Adobe does a much better job in this regard with their Creative Cloud subscriptions.

Tom
  • Industry: Design

Last update wouldn't work under Mac OS Big Sur 11.1 but this has since been fixed.

Reviewed on 02/02/2021

As I said, I've been using canvas since version 2.2 and have many of my life-projects built on it. With each new versions I typically don't find the improvements all that important, but I understand that you have to keep offering new versions to make a profit. Perhaps it just that my needs are fairly simple and the further refinements are not that critical.

Pros

I love Canvas as a program. I've used in since version 2.2...like from the beginning, but since I upgraded top Canvas X with an update earlier in the year, Canvas X wouldn't work at all on my machine. Fortunately I still had Canvas Draw 6 installed on my machine and it would open all my Canvas document irrespective of what version they were originally created in...I especially like this universal compatability among versions...unlike, say MS Word, Xcel and other programs that essentially orphan projects as they move to new versions of their software

Cons

Obviously I didn't like it when Canvas X failed to function for me but you seemed to have fixed the problem.
I do often have problems with page set-up issues. It seems like to have the select paper size, orientation, scale etc in numerous menus for it to print properly. Mostly I guess an interface problem on my part.
It would be nice if the fill patterns would scale with the rest of the drawing...like you use one of the diagonal; brick patterns but depending on what view of magnification you have open, the pattern does not stay consistent with the reality you are trying to display.

Paul
  • Industry: Research

Canvas X Draw

See above

Pros

In a prior life, I used Canvas for about 10 years when it ran on a MAC and PC. Then for whatever reason they stopped marketing the MAC version of the software. Myself and my coworkers were disappointed because for the most part we were a MAC shop. I retired from the position and in retirement I started working part time for one of my former graduate students. About the same time, the world recognized that MACs could run Windows, therefore I got the windows version of Canvas X. My application was to convert our spectral data into figures which, in turn, could then be published. My experience was a was a bit unsatisfactory. Not with Canvas X, but the weird (to me) intricacies of Windows.

I took an enormous sigh of relief when I discovered Canvas X Draw. I use this program almost daily. It is virtually the same as the PC program but with secure, easy to use, and reliable interface. I am not an engineer, rather I am a PhD chemist, and I don’t use all of the complex capabilities of Canvas X Draw. One critical aspect of Canvas X Draw is its stability. Without that facet, I would not use the software. So far, I have gone through two updates and nothing was broken … the updated program worked flawlessly.

In summary, I have used Canvas software for many years, and to me, I find the Canvas X Draw version to be the best. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

So far I have no issues in the software that I would describe unsatisfactory.

Response from Canvas GFX

Thank you Paul!!!

-Canvas Team

Frank
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Canvas for technical illustration

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Too bad this format doesn't allow me to share my work product. A picture would be worth a thousand words.

Pros

I began using Canvas in the early 1980's when it was only available only on the Mac. Eventually they created a version of Windows, and it was just in time, because our firm was switching from Macs to PC's in order to gain access to AutoCAD. I never learned to use CAD, but I continued to use Canvas almost daily in my work as a project manager. I also used it at home on my Mac for creating every kind of graphics design from business cards to business logos to birthday cards to architectural sketches and many others. For a while, they stopped selling Canvas for the Mac, but the company continued to support my copy and even sent me upgrades for free. Now they're back on the Mac with Canvas X Draw, and I'm still a loyal user.

Cons

I was very sad to see them abandon the Mac, but grateful for their continued support. I've seen tools for distorting raster images (by pulling at the corners) in other packages, even in simple software aps on my iPhone, so I know it's possible, but it is not available in Canvas. It's their glaring gap. Otherwise, for technical illustration, Canvas is just about perfect.

Scott
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Long time user

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

I have owned Canvas since version 1.02, published in about 1986 (ran on 1-2 400k floppies on a 512k Mac Plus). I’ve always liked the ability to integrate vector and raster objects seamlessly in the same document. As a scientist, I’ve used it for experimental apparatus design (medium-scale cryogenic gas phase photochemical apparatus) as well as personal projects such as workshop and garden design. As soon as it came out, I dropped MacDraw and (eventually) MacDraft. I even had a PC emulator installed on my Mac so I could use the PC version after support for the Mac was dropped in the 2000’s.

Pros

The upgrade to 7.02 was available almost as soon as macOS 11.1 (Big Sur) was issued. This dealt with the problem that I observed opening new or previously-created files under Canvas Draw X 7.01

Cons

I think there are two improvements that would help me, personally, out. First, I miss the object info tool (command-i) that tells you the kind of object (group, rectangle), dimensions, area, etc. This hasn’t been available since probably Canvas 7 or so. Second, I’m now trying to design a house, and a tool that would make walls (and allow wall joins and insert windows, doors, etc.) would be great, although I realize that it’s a complicated tool, and may cause some issues in pricing and marketing.

John
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

The All-Purpose Graphics Package for Design Professionals

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Background: architect for 45 years. I have used Canvas since ver. 1.0 and frankly was lost when the Mac platform was dropped some years ago. Very glad to have it back! Things I have successfully used it for include: Years ago, my company website - exports near-perfect html; original artwork, large scale prints for my client's completed buildings; design and technical drawings; asbuilt surveys of existing buildings (importing a cad or pdf and overlaying scaled information); an on and on. To my knowledge, there is really no other package that offers the same range of functionally. Is it a substitute for Autocad or Revit? Of course not but it also doesn't cost $$$$ and require weeks of training.

Pros

In addition to producing occasional technical exhibits, artwork layouts and other documents, X Draw is great for non-CAD users who occasionally need to produce or edit scaled technical drawings. One of the best features is the ability to import a pdf of an architectural drawing as a background for new shop drawings or technical bidding documents. Drawing layers are preserved and can be manipulated, and scale can be set to match the original document. Area and quantity take-offs are a breeze. Add photos or other illustrations? Not a problem.

Cons

It is cumbersome to create new pdf files necessary for final use. For example, if there are 30 files of drawing sheets, I have not found a way to batch process the conversion. Each file has to be saved as a pdf. It would be much more efficient to be able to "print to pdf" directly from the Canvas file, which is the defacto standard for virtually every other productivity app.

David
  • Industry: Machinery

Versatile does what i need

Good.
I use Canvas at work for: Machine drawings, Electrical Schematics, Hydraulic Schematics and some Maps. And at home: Project car parts design, Household projects like Christmas cards and Training myself how to use Canvas.

Pros

I have been using Canvas for MAC since 1993 version 3.5. With the latest update Canvas X Draw ( Version: 7.0.2 Build: 7069 ) runs smoothly and has many powerful features. I think i have purchased every possible version of canvas for Mac since 1993.

Cons

The thing that most upsets me is it appears i can no longer have a copy on my work computer and one on my home computer. I get this message at home: This computer has been deactivated from your membership. This is a problem because at home is where i am able to play with Canvas and figure out how it works. Occasionally drawing project car parts or just learning.
At work i can go months without opening Canvas. When i need to use it I shouldn't be messing around trying to figure out how to update a machine drawing or an electrical schematic. Often with someone hovering behind me waiting for me to produce a drawing.

A feature i used often in the past appears to now be completely gone "Duplicate to a line" It was great in Version 3.5. Later versions didn't allow as many duplications and now it appears to be gone completely.

It is difficult for me to TILE print a large 1 to 1 scale drawing. I would print it on separate pages and then tape the pages together to create a full scale template. I used to do this occasionally to make templates to be used by the welders when constructing a machine. I know the feature is still in there but it is hard for me to find it every year or two when i need it.

By the way I keep a 15 year old Mac running OS 9 in my office to access all of my old Legacy early Canvas drawings that the newer versions of Canvas can't open.

Douglas
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Best combo raster-vector software for Mac OS

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Pros

The title of this review states the best feature for my use - combination of raster and vector. I typically use Canvas X Draw to develop figures for environmental science/engineering reports. Many figures have a raster base (airphoto, topobase, etc) that I place vector objects and text upon. Sometimes I'll use output from a data graphing program as a vector base, placing vector and text as an overlay. I also benefit from having used the "Canvas product" on the Mac OS for more than 20 years and my familiarity with the user interface.

Cons

Minor complaints - (1) page setup (sizing, magnification, etc) could be more user friendly/explicit, (2) the latest version of Canvas X Draw (version 7) keeps asking me for my license key, (3) the Auto Trace function is cumbersome and often doesn't allow me to make editable objects from raster images, (4) the latest version of Canvas X Draw (version 7) does not open some previous "Canvas" formats, (5) conversion from AutoDesk (CAD) formats is quirky.

ken
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Happy Canvas User Since 1995

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Pros

Canvas is still what [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] once called the 'Swiss Army Knife' of graphics programs.

When I was first using the Mac in 1995 I was shocked that between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop it was impossible to actually send a client a fax using either program. I needed to be able to send sketches with accompanying text. Illustrator wouldn't allow me to enter pixel based images, and when it eventually did I couldn't edit them, and working with type in Photoshop was, and still is, an unintuitive nightmare. Canvas solved that problem brilliantly, allowing me to both edit pixel images and work with blocks of editable text.

Here's a more recent example: clients often send me as a PDF complete designed layouts of packages that need me to add an illustration. If I attempt to open them in Illustrator I'm told I can't because I don't have the fonts. But the default in Canvas has always been to ask if I'd like the fonts converted to outlines, which I immediately do, allowing me to place pixel images that I can still edit in Canvas in the layout and email it back exactly how it will look printed.

Canvas has saved my skin in many other ways as well with its willingness to open and edit such a big variety of files.

Cons

The vector tools aren't quite as useful as those in Adobe Illustrator.

Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Canvas firever

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

As a Mac user of Canvas since version 1 in the 1980s it was a relief that a new Mac version came along and saved me from using a virtual windows machine. It’s great for providing documentation and build instructions fir our electronics. I use it to bring all sorts of information together into one document.
Much slicker than other programs that can do the same.

Pros

Handles lots of file types, although sadly can’t export cvx. Mixes images and vector objects really well. Struggles with character position when opening pdfs.
Lots of new features that have helped with 2D design.

Cons

Still crashes occasionally. Still some bugs that have been around for decades.
Imported files don’t use the default units.
Can no longer set up the keys for particular operations. Can be done through the OS but it’s not as slick.
Could do with zoom on mouse wheel.

Jamal
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Good Functionality

a

Pros

I like that the software allows the user to change fine details in figures and images.

Cons

There is no software that is compatible with both Mac and PC, so I had to purchase two copies, one for work and one for home/laptop. Also, one of the best features is the functionality, but it also comes across as a little confusing in accessing some "hidden" features.

Reasons for Switching to Canvas X Draw

Because it is used by my boss and co-workers.
Steven
  • Industry: Biotechnology

CanvasXDraw is the best there is for scientific drawings

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

I use LibreOffice, and CXD's ability to output SVG files is extremely important.

Pros

I use CXD for making scientific/optical drawings for books that I write and for classes that I teach. It does exactly what I want in that it's easy to use, precise, and has the features that I need for my technical drawings. I've tried the other drawing packages, and CXD is by far the easiest. It is intuitive, unlike all others that I've tried. I've used versions of Canvas on my Mac for decades, and I am extremely happy with it, even after all these years.

Cons

I have a difficult time coming up with something that I don't like about it. If anything I'd like custom Arrows to be easier to make.

fayez
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Finally a good Canvas for MAC

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I am happy with it since now I can use my MAC for everyday work and to open Canvas instead of keeping one windows machine only for Canvas (that is what I have in my office since I just hate working in windows machine that do not support Emacs interface).

Pros

The interface looks almost exactly as the windows version. I happen to have used windows version more often because there was no acceptable version for MAC till this version.

Cons

What I don't like:
1. The font size for the interface is very small and hard to read.
2. Can not save in eps format

Needing to save in .cvd not .cvx so now I have two versions of my graphics. One for windows machines and one for MAC machines. I happen to use both but would halve preferred to use one Canvas file format for both (like MS Word, Power Point, Excel, etc). Is this too much to ask or even dream about?

Gary
  • Industry: Environmental Services

The Best Draw Program for the Mac

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Very positive. It works great with the Mac and has excellent customer support.

And it is easy to use, especially for new users.

Pros

Very intuitive tools, nice presenation

And the user base was easy to access and to deauthorize/authorize.

Cons

Deinstalling older versions was not easy to do.