Tribal Habits

Australian cloud-based learning management system

5.0/5
4.7/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

Amy
  • Industry: Government Relations

Thanks for making our eLearning lives so much easier!

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are a delight to work with. They are extremely personable and timely in their responses and are constantly looking at ways to improve the platform to suit our ever changing needs. We have used the platform to host existing modules and to create new modules for our clients. Keep up the good work Tribal Habits!

Pros

This platform allows us to have as much or as little input as we like. I particularly like the fact that we can go in and edit our own modules ourselves - this allows us to respond to client feedback and/or change content at a fast pace without having to rely on the TH team to do this for us.
It is also very refreshing how the TH team respond to any feedback we receive about the functionality of the platform. The team are always looking at ways to improve functionality and add new features to suit our varied needs and sometimes obscure requests.

Cons

I would like the reporting elements to be a little easier to navigate so potentially some extra filter options so that we can just pull the data we want from the platform rather than having to export to excel and then do further filters.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the review Amy! We think our ability to easily edit the training you've created is something that sets us apart from our competition, so it's great to see that you feel the same way. Client support is a big point of pride for us as well. We're happy to hear that you've felt supported through your journey. In terms of our reporting, watch this space as we've got some big developments coming soon.

Max
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

eLearning With Ease

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Tribal Habits is a fantastic company to work with. They put a high priority on customer service and client satisfaction which is clearly evidenced in all interactions I have with them. They offer an excellent product at a great value and I highly recommend them.

Pros

Tribal Habits is an extremely intuitive product to use and administer. It makes building new course topics and deploying them to your business a breeze. No knowledge of course design software is required to build highly interactive topics, and courses can be updated and maintained into the future with ease. From a technical perspective, it integrates extremely well with other systems and has a very straightforward administrator interface. The course technology itself is also reliable, and I can't recall a time where we've had any amount of platform downtime. Finally, the customer experience provided by Tribal Habits is truly second to none. Support is lightning fast, and the team are always working to include new features. I'm very impressed with what has been achieved since I began using this product.

Cons

As a platform designed to make it easy for anyone to build and administer a course, there are some understandable restrictions to the amount of customisation possible and occasionally I have to think outside the box to work around these limits. To the team's credit, they have worked to expand these since the product launch, and are very responsive and open-minded when considering change requests. Even if the answer is 'no', you'll be provided with a thorough explanation behind the reason.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you Max, that's an amazing review! We're really happy you're enjoying the platform and it's helping you achieve your learning and development objectives.

Corinna
  • Industry: Veterinary

A highly accessible, engaging platform with excellent support.

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

We feel the product is a great fit for our needs and we feel extremely well supported. Tribal Habits allowed us to take huge steps forward in our product development at very reasonable cost. The user feedback so far has been very positive. The LMS itself is essentially 'invisible' (ie the user can engage with the content without distraction by the platform) which is a very high form of praise!

Pros

The training provided by Tribal Habits was great, creator tools are highly intuitive, the development team is responsive (new features come through regularly), the user interface/experience is intuitive and engaging, admin/enrolment/analytics are powerful, technical support is fast and super helpful, video hosting is helpful, personalised topic review is great. Basically, it's a pleasure for creators and explorers to use. The pricing structure is very helpful for limited budgets as the low up front cost, based on active users, facilitates extensive testing and assists with budgeting.

Cons

There are some high end functionalities that would be nice to have, but I feel comfortable to keep asking for what I want/need because the development team is so open to suggestions. The admins and analytics take some getting used to, as would be the case for any new platform.

Brooke

Great training platform

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

The overall experience with Tribal Habits has been great. It has been easy to use and implement with staff, offers a great selection of topics in the library and has the option to create/customise training.

Pros

The ease of entering new staff into the system and the rollout of training topics.

Cons

The reporting process is quite manual in terms of sorting functionality. I would love to be able to just run a report on staff that have training topics outstanding.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks so much for spending the time to leave us a great review Brooke! The report you mention is quite easy to run, we've sent you an email on how to do that. If you get stuck with anything you can always reach out to the live support chat :)

Geoff
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A Game Changer

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

I have successfully converted face-to-face training into blended online programs, including using the system to provide digital workbooks during virtual workshops (e.g. Zoom). During this time the level of support has been outstanding. Positive feedback from clients and participants confirms the move to Tribal Habits was a wise decision. I am a fan!

Pros

As a newcomer to online training I was blown away by how easy it is to convert face-to-face training into blended online programs. There are many excellent features that enabled this transition, but the following made a huge difference: Sage (the AI assistant that guides your instructional design), a very comprehensive set of tools for creating interactive learning, access to a large image library, and the cost based on active users. Another excellent feature is the automated notification of stakeholders regarding learner progress.

Cons

There are a few features that are not in the platform, but I have been told they are in the queue, so I won't mention them. Ironically, this highlights another positive, which is rapid innovation of the system during the time that I have been using it.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for such great feedback, Geoff! We're a big fan of Sage too. Keep the feature suggestions coming, we've got a lot of great new things releasing in the coming months!

Melissa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Innovative tool to tap into the Experts

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Pros

I love that we can draw on the expertise of others so easily and that they can record content themselves - we've created templates which allow others to contribute in a way that aligns with L&D principles. In a digital (and now remote) environment, this has been critical. L&D colleagues can now transfer ownership of content back to SME's and focus instead on supporting the business with their own expertise, and understanding of the design process - rather than trying to become experts at each and every topic.
The tool is quick and easy to use, publish and report on. It has no limitations and the team at Tribal Habits are not only innovative, but they are willing to hear your feedback and develop enhancements that solve for the problems you have as a learning organisation. Thanks so much.

Cons

I'd like an evaluation feature, apart from that I cannot think of anything else! I am very happy with this product.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the review Melissa. We agree that sharing the knowledge and insights of your staff across the entire organisation is a massive game-changer. Your suggestion of an evaluation feature is duly noted.

Lamey
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Huge help in our digitalisation!

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Overall satisfied! Personally had some hesitations in changing from the classroom type to electronic, thought it might interfere with our trainees' learning. Very happy that we are now producing more capable graduates with the combination of our content and Tribal Habits. This platform has been a huge part of our Training Team. Also made sure we had a practical subscription suitable to our needs. Plus, I cannot stress enough how great their customer and technical support is. In this day and age of high technology, human connection still wins and Tribal Habits is leading.

Pros

It's truly effortless to use! Our transition from pure traditional training to digital was smoother than expected - one factor would be the exemplary customer service of Tribal Habits. Rep. team are awesome. I especially love how welcoming they are in receiving feedback and suggestions.

Cons

Like any product, it does have areas to improve and functions that need to be explored. So far, the assessment zone is where I see they can invest more time in. We currently have an accreditation in place and it would be super awesome to have more types of examinations, especially on task simulations.

Response from Tribal Habits

It's great to hear we were able to help you successfully roll out digital training across your organisation and that your graduates are getting up to speed in record time. We've got a lot planned in the area of assessments of the coming months, so watch this space!

Michelle

Great LMS

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Right from the start, Tribal Habits have always been available to help with the implementation of this program. The information offered during the initial trial is most helpful and makes you feel you are in the hands of professionals who know their product. I really love what the product can do and I think it will make our transition to online professional learning seamless.

Pros

Tribal Habits is fantastic, the content offering and the ability to edit their content to make it your own is a big plus in a LMS. I love that you can allocate other staff to be co-creators of any content. Also the option of using the platform to deliver training to those outside of your organisation is a big win for us.
The online chat option is wonderful, allowing you to keep moving rather than waiting days for a response from a helpdesk.

Cons

There are always improvements that can be made but Tribal Habits is happy to receive feedback and consider these for the next product release.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for such a lovely review Michelle! Being able to personalise content to make it more relevant is one of the best ways to keep learners engaged. We're so glad you're finding great uses for the platform, especially with those outside your organisation!

Michelle
  • Industry: Law Practice

Tribal Habits e-learning platform

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Tribal Habits has been great to encourage self-learning for our users, especially in this new environment of blended working, ie remote working as well as in office working.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and support if you do have any queries is so fast and efficient I am never waiting for an answer. As an administrator being able to upload people via a csv file was important as well as then being able to filter those categories to assign knowledge by rules. The reporting process is also simple to use and great that users can monitor their own progress as well as managers and any other stakeholder required.

Cons

There are no aspects difficult to use at all - overall extremely happy with the product

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you so much for your review Michelle! We're glad you find it easy to use - that was one of our main goals, making it easy for anyone to create their own training.

Kate

Great value hitting all our needs and more!

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Pros

- The extensive library of compliance and competency training
- The ability to create our own pathways and build our own training for specific job roles
- The easy to read analytics which help drive future training initiatives
- We only pay as we use the system, reducing our overall costs

Cons

Honestly - nothing. It's a huge part of increasing our employee experience, building our teams capability and lowering our risk as an organisation

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review, Kate! We're thrilled you've been able to make use of the editable library and create your own pathways.

James
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Game changer for eLearning

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Excellent experience. Like many companies our size there is always a focus on improving leadership, business development and project management capability. Through Tribal Habits our own subject matter experts have developed over 40 courses with specific Cardno language and fibre running through them.

Pros

Tribal Habits enables subject matter experts to develop eLearning courses with ease. Graphic design skills, instructional design skills and the ability to use authoring software is no longer required - Tribal Habits does it for you. Tribal Habits is a dynamic platform where content can be changed on the fly without the need of a publishing tool or complicated uploading procedures. Tribal Habits hosts videos better than any authoring tool I've used. Support is amazing. The team are extremely responsive and always strive to provide solutions to business problems. The APIs are very cutting edge and work great for integration.

Cons

The ability to customise the overall look and feel of the platform in line with company brand standards.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the kind words James. It's been amazing to witness everything Cardno has achieved through the Tribal Habits platform. We're proud to be part of your success.

Heidi
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

A dream come true

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

Customer service is always very quick.

Pros

I've been working for not for profits for years and develop custom training for volunteers and this product is a dream come true for me, I really couldn't believe that it was so affordable and thought it must be too good to be true but it's really easy and quick to design relevant training for my volunteers. The thing I like best is how quick it is to enrol new users and check their responses. Has made my job so much easier and prepares our volunteers to support participants with disabilities with respect, empathy, an awareness of ableism and knowledge of our organisation and its policies and procedures.

Cons

I don't really like the way there are questions embedded in every training that I can't remove e.g. how much do you know about this topic etc. I mean I understand the purpose but I'm trying to cram a lot of info in and our users are volunteers so doing this training and the work for our organisation for free so I'd like to minimise the time they have to spend, but it's not a biggie.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for the amazing review Heidi! We're proud to be assisting a lot of great Aussie not-for-profits like yours. You can actually remove the embedded questions from your topics, I'll write to you privately to let you know how.

Jamie
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent product and amazing support

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

I've used Tribal Habits to solve a range of needs from induction content, to technical training, to soft-skill development. I would highly recommend them to others.

Pros

This platform is really unique in that it allows subject matter experts to rapidly create and share content. It's really easy to use and feature rich. It handles videos well and has a wide range of interaction tools. The ability to log in and instantly deploy a change to text or content is really helpful. The support team are extremely helpful and responsive which greatly minimised implementation risk. It's great value for money.

Cons

There isn't anything about he product I don't like. It's amazing.

Response from Tribal Habits

What a great review! We're really happy to hear the platform is having such a positive impact. Getting subject matter experts to share their knowledge through simple training creation is one of the big differentiators of Tribal Habits.

Scott
  • Industry: Insurance

Helping us achieve better outcomes for our staff and ultimately our customers

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

We've had an excellent experience both with the platform, and also dealing with the Tribal Habits team. The team has always been responsive to any of our queries and have been open to our feature requests. The communications from the Tribal Habits team is excellent with constant updates on whats new and how best to use the platform.

Pros

The biggest plus for me is how the solution is designed around the notion of allowing the 'tribe' (our staff) teach the best 'habits' to one another - helping to ensure quality and consistency in the services that we deliver. We now have a professional induction process that allows new staff members to come up to speed rapidly and understand the 'MOQ Way'. The solution has some great features to easily create the learning modules, as well as allowing for assessments to ensure content is understood. The updated reporting is a big plus in helping track the learning pathways of individuals, while the content library allows us to quickly source a learning module for a needed topic - with the ability to modify if needed to tailor for our business i.e. terminology etc

Cons

Having used the solution for over 2 years, I've seen a myriad of regular updates to enhance the features and usability - so the platform now provides the majority of features that we were looking for in a LMS .

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks Scott, we feel that sharing best practices is a massive lost opportunity for a lot of organisations, so it's great to see MOQdigital on the front foot in this space.

Hailey
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Learning and Development Saviour!!

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

From the first time we spoke, we could see that Tribal Habits were offering something different, something that would fit a business of our size. The support we received in implementing the software has been phenomenal and our staff love the software and have provided lots of positive feedback. The ability to use the existing libraries and to then go on and create your own training has changed the way that we share knowledge within our business. Thank you Tribal Habits!

Pros

Tribal Habits has been a game changer for us in ensuring that we can provide our team members with role-specific training and professional development at the same time. The ready-made libraries are a fantastic jumping off point and have made the creation of our own modules so much easier. The AI Guide, Sage, is a wonderful function in helping create a training module as well as letting us know if the training was too long, too short, where we could leverage videos or images and lots of other tips and techniques. Our experience with Tribal Habits has been great. The task for us now is to get the training to more people more regularly.

Cons

All in all there hasn't been much that I don't like about this software, its easy to use and navigate; as both a user and administrator. We have only had one hiccup with our email integration but the Tribal Habits team did an amazing job helping us through that.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for the amazing review Hailey. We're really happy that you are getting such value from Tribal Habits. It's comments like these that motivate us to keep working harder and building on the platform.

Darren

Out of the box learning in a breeze!

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Pros

One of the best features of this product is that it is so easy to use! In a day and age where the user interface is so important for people purchasing software, this was a big key for our organisation. The support that is provided by Tribal Habits is also second to none! Having a live chat capability and someone there within a few minutes is fantastic, especially when there are adhoc queries you just need a bit of advice on.

Cons

So far nothing stands out to me which is great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been really transparent about the product and everything has been as delivered.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks Darren, what a great review. We're glad you're finding the platform easy to use. Creating amazing online training doesn't need to be difficult!

David
  • Industry: Wholesale

Training platform development made easy

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

The overall experience with Tribal Habits has been excellent. From the original set up and the ongoing communication regards new features or just confirming how we do something has been second to none. I would gladly recommend Tribal Habits as a superior supplier in the on line learning platform market

Pros

The ease of setting up our training with the different options available on Tribal Habits has help make the training more interactive with the learner. It is also very to edit and change information and images to suit all types of viewing devices. The ease we are able to set up learners on the platform or by sending a scorm file to our customers to put on their LMS for their own inhouse training is very simple and not time consuming.

Cons

The limit on characters in some areas means we have had to abbreviate or leave out some information on our products. This can be sorted if a feature & benefit is on all products in that area by putting the information in the text or image section.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review David! Really appreciate your support and input. We really strive to make it easy to train staff on any device. We'll keep the new features coming!

Chris
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Versatile and powerful

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Very positive. The developers understand the usage scenarios of the end user and the functionality is friction-less and clever.

Pros

Journal feature is a powerful tool for retaining continuity across modules

Cons

Mobile screen formatting continues to be a problem. Our preferred usage situation involves this software being used in a blended setting along side in-person delivery or in concert with other software. The mobile screen formatting is unfortunately lagging behind the full browser feature set.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for such a great review, Chris! We really appreciate your support and feedback. We've been enhancing our mobile device features all year and have plenty more to come in 2022. Its great to see their creative use of Tribal Habits in a classroom environment being used by all types of devices.

Megan
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Quick implementation time

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Pros

Tribal Habit was a breeze to implement for our organisation, within 1 hour the portal was customised to our company. I was able to upload all initial users to the portal, and when new hires commence, or there are changes to the management team this is done efficiently through the uploads. The pathway feature for learning is great, i can group like topics and easily enrol learners. With the auto re-enrol feature, it is now set and forget for existing users.

Cons

I am not able to sort the data by all data points, but I can download these reports and complete the sorting in excel.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the amazing review Megan. We are proud to be able to support the growth of Playgroup Queensland. Watch this space, we've got some reporting updates coming soon!

Sally
  • Industry: Law Practice

Learning and Development Made Easy

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

I have had fantastic using Tribal Habits as our online learning platform - it makes setting up and growing a learning and development program from scratch simple to do, with a great user interface and terrific learning modules off the shelf or bespoke.

Pros

The ease of use and fantastic support. As well as the fact that there were off the shelf products that were high quality which could be tailored.

Cons

Nothing; it's a great training product that I recommend.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the review Sally. It was great to see you and the team start delivering results so quickly with our platform.

Tracy

Tribal Habits - the way to go

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

The Customer Support is fantastic - response time to problems is basically immediate.

Pros

Easy to use. Can make changes at any time

Cons

You cannot do a search - if you need to make a change you have to scroll through all the contents to find what needs to be changed

Michael
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Corporate memory made easy

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Amazing product, we are using TH to document key processes, sure beats the old procedures manual! I love how quickly a topic can be put together and the support from the TH team to help our authors get the most out of the software is awesome.

Pros

Tribal Habits allows our subject matter experts to capture their knowledge and share with ease, without out having any experience in writing training materials. The extensive library of ready made topics is great to supplement team members training plans allowing us to get the team involved with TH straight away.

Cons

Nothing, the TH team roll out improvements faster than I could come up anything.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks Michael, that's an incredibly flattering review. We are really happy to see you are getting as much value from the platform as you are!

charlie
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great product - fabulous support

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

We are very pleased with this product - it does everything we need it to do

Pros

Ease of use. Responsive personal support and ongoing development (much more active than competitive products).
We really appreciate only paying for active users, every organisation has lots of inactive users and it doesn't make sense to pay for them not to use the product.

Cons

There is not much - whenever we identify something (sensible) it gets done!

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for such a great review Charlie! We like our active user payment model too! Only charging clients for the number of people actively using the system each month regardless of how many users are stored in the system means we sleep well at night :D

Keep your feature suggestions coming too!

Damien

Seamless integration of courseware from a variety of sources

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Excellent response to support questions, often within minutes. The pricing plans are simple to understand.

Pros

Easy to create courses and adopt or adapt pre-existing material (supplied by Tribal Habits)

Cons

Nothing, really. It just works well. The admin user interface is a bit dated, but still works well.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thanks for the review Damien, it's great that you've been able to easily create online training in Tribal Habits. That's exactly why we built it! The ability to edit our ready-made content libraries is a real asset too.

Peter

Fantastic solution for training authoring, deployment and management

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

Could not have been better

Pros

Easy of use. Speed to an outcome. Exceptional backup support.

Cons

Nothing. We initially thought the design side has some limitations around fonts and font size but this was upgraded in the next development upgrade of the platform.

Response from Tribal Habits

Thank you for such a great review, Peter! We really appreciate your support, and are thrilled you're getting benefit out of the platform. Feedback for new features to continually improve the platform is always really helpful.