Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

Bitdefender GravityZone

Write a Review!
Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

4.5/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Andrigo
Andrigo

Strongest anti virus available on market

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

My overall experience with bitdefender is very good, it's a reliable protection solution.

Pros

Bitdefender always proved me to be a very reliable solution for endpoint protection. It is simple to implement, easy to configure and there's no need of dedicated server for managing your policies and things like that. Also, you can configure various different types of policies and apply each one on a group of machines. So, you can adjust the configurations to match the needs of your environment. Currently, all of our customers run Bitdefender as they primary protection solution.

Cons

Bitdefender try to block everything they think it's malicious, and sometimes it causes trouble by blocking false-positives. I don't really know if this is a downside, but annoys frequently

Matthew

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Pros

I like that it's never let a threat overcome any endpoint.

Cons

The management of the software, protection profiles and other settings is somewhat confusing. The terms used in the dashboard area are sometimes confusing and could use some better explanation in the help area.

ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Webroot SecureAnywhere would literally not uninstall. It was a nightmare to jump through all the troubleshooting hoops to get the software off of workstations.

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

ESET was too aggressive so it generated false positives and required a lot of "maintenance time" to whitelist known good apps.
aseal

One of the greatest antivirus

Reviewed on 17/04/2023

Actually, it was a great experience working with Bitdefender and I were always sure that my PC will be safe, but we didn't use Bitdefender for a long time because we could find better offers from local vendors of other antivirus applications

Pros

We have used Bitdefender in our company as endpoint security and network protection. I like the antivirus and malware protection on the PC it works very effectively, and it is one of the oldest antivirus applications in the world.

Cons

This software is a little bit expansive compared to same antivirus applications.

Response from bitdefender

Dear Aseal,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review! We're thrilled to hear that our product provided great endpoint security and malware protection for your company, and that you found it to be one of the greatest antivirus applications.

Your comments are important to us, and we will take them into consideration as we continue to improve our offerings. We also appreciate your mention of local vendors and are glad that you were able to find a suitable alternative for your company. However, if there is anything we can do to win back your business in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us @ [email protected].

It would be great if we could expand on the topics you mentioned. We take all customer feedback seriously, and we investigate each thoroughly to ensure that we can provide the best possible product and customer experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future again!

Best regards,
The Bitdefender Team

Ibrahim
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bitdefender a good choice that is becoming great

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

It was good to very-good experience. the application did its part and role efficiently. The service compared to the price was fair. A bit heavy on the computer's resources. I might consider subscribing again.

Pros

- I liked the ease of the installation process
- The great graphics and user interface
- The quality of service and the detection rate

Cons

- You are bound to buy at least 5 users although you might not have 5 devices
- The settings can be categorized in a better way as they might look scattered and a bit overwhelming
- Too much advertisement
- Was a bit heavy on the computer resources

Norton AntiVirus and Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

- I got an advice on switching the security software every period and not sticking to the same one for more than 1-2 years - The top reviews for Bitdefender online

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

- The top reviews over the internet
Barış

Protection against attacks

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

We used this application to protect the computers in the company against external attacks and we used it so that users do not get viruses from downloading files.

Pros

The application successfully detects threats. Easy to use. The interface is user friendly. It can definitely turn your computer into a safe environment.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the application, but in general, antivirus software slows down your computer.

Mike

Lightweight AV

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Overall very happy with this product, especially for the price. Would recommend 9/10.

Pros

Software is easy to deploy, administer, and upgrade. We have tried a few AV's on the market and gravity zone was one of the best ones we could find with a cloud console that did not severely limit the functionality of the product.

Cons

support can be a little slow at times, and the software could afford to be a little more customizable.

Steve
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very good product

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Pros

We primarily use the product to prevent viruses and malware through email. The Email Security does a great job with our Google Workspace

Cons

Some features and hard to setup and requires a good deal of technical knowledge.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best digital security for any organization

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Pros

Bitdefender GravityZone protect all my digital appearance and all my device like my computer and tablet. It has a cloud storage that i can linked on all my device, and create a safe passage if i am transferring files from one device to other.

Cons

It work so well on my computer, but i have found several issues when trying to install it to my tablet. It keep showing error and asking me to contacting the customer support. It has solved since then, but a simple operation like installing a software should be simple enough.

Lawrent
Lawrent

Bitdefender GravityZone is a good cloud-based antivirus solution for medium and large...

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Bitdefender GravityZone has a user interface that makes it simple for anyone who doesn't have much experience with computers or antivirus programs in general.

Pros

The GravityZone interface is easy to use and cloud based. It's real time, so you can see what’s happening with your system at any moment of the day. The firewall administration tool is also simple to navigate and user friendly, which makes it easy to set up new rules or change existing ones.GravityZone is a cloud-based solution, which means it can be used with any internet connection. It doesn't require installation on your devices or computers, but instead just needs to be downloaded and installed on the router you want to protect. While this may sound like an inconvenience, it's actually quite convenient because it protects all devices connected to your network--even those that lack features like antivirus software or malware protection built into their operating systems.GravityZone is also a real-time malware protection solution. This means it will actively monitor all traffic coming through your ISP and block anything that looks suspicious before its able to affect your device or computer. You'll still need anti-virus software installed for more serious threats (like viruses), but GravityZone will keep hackers out of the way so they don't have time to do any damage!

Cons

Overall, GravityZone is a good product. It's easy to use, and the cloud-based technology helps keep your computer safe. The only downside is that it is very expensive for a small business.

Margaret
Margaret

Our IT Developers said we needed to change over to this...

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Fewer spams and no more virus threats!

Fewer spams and no more virus threats!

Pros

When our IT gurus said we should change our malware/anti-virus software AGAIN, they said this should be the last change, hopefully . They told us that with the sophistication of viruses and malware out there, our current software wasn't adequate enough to keep us protected. They also told us that Bitdefender has one of the highest rankings when it comes to providing the best protection against ransomware and hackers.

From my POV, I can honestly vouch for the fact that the number of junk, spam and unsolicited email have been greatly reduced...and that makes me very happy. I don't have time to read the legit emails let alone take the time to clean out my mailbox...especially the spams!

Cons

Backup services or mobile protection are not included with Bitdefender Internet Security. However, both of these features are available with Bitdefender Total Security at a higher price.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Well protected

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

Pros

the GravityZone antivirus solution from bitdefender is currently one of the best solutions on the market. updating to the latest incidents / exploits is very timely and provides reliable virus detection. The suite also brings numerous features (application control, firewall, USB device management, web threat detection, and more). In our experience, the bitdefender solution works quickly and reliably. Furthermore, the very competent support can be mentioned.

Cons

for the work with the management console some training or better a briefing/training on the part of bitdefnder is recommended. the structure and the functionality is not self-explanatory in some places

Bill
  • Industry: Import & Export

Good product, MSP integration could use some work

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

I have it as part of my MSP stack. Every Windows box gets it installed. Has never caused any problems, and have not had any malware outbreaks while using it. The GravityZone package allows multi-tenant management, but the reports aren't usable for customer-facing presentation.

Pros

One of the top tier security apps. Good performance. Unobtrusive. Can be deployed with policies or RMM tools. Reasonable cost.

Cons

For MSPs, the reporting is poor. Alerting on problems is very bad, there is no instant notification of discovered malware, just a daily report.

Intercept X Endpoint
Abdihamid
Abdihamid
  • Industry: Dairy

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reviewed on 07/05/2023

We are using it to protect our network and users PCs from internal and external threats. We have specified the Applications to be allowed in our network

Pros

Application control was the most impactful. The product is easy to use. Integrating it to our business was seamless.

Cons

It has all features that you are looking for to protect your network and users PCs, Laptops and phones, No feature is difficult to use, integrating it to our business process was easy.

DANIEL
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Solid antivirus for your MSP business

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Overall, this is a great product that is compatible with everything we throw on it, including Macs. It's fairly easy to deploy, although the automatic removal of old AV doesn't always work.

Pros

Bit Defender is easy to set up and deploy. You can create a couple of baseline policies, then clone them to customize them for other clients. If you change something in the original policy, it updates all of them so it's easy to manage your exceptions client-wide.

It also has great features such as internet blocking by category, blacklist or whitelist, as well as many modules such as an antiransomware "vaccine" which I have not seen anywhere else.

Cons

The hardest part of using this is the reporting. We haven't been able to integrate it with Autotask/Datto, so you need to actually log into the dashboard daily.

Marcin

Great Software

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Pros

Advanced local and cloud machine learning, behavioral analytics technologies, integrated SandBox, and device hardening

Cons

I cant find nothing so far. For last two years i didnt have any problems

Comodo

Bitdefender was more affordable
Michael
Michael

Bitdefender. Set it and forget it.

Reviewed on 27/01/2023

As an IT Admin, I am responsible for keeping 5 servers, 50 computers and 40 iOS devices, and everyone's software running. We use Salesforce, and administering that is a full time job in itself. While I am doing my part saving the world, Bitdefender has my back, protecting my MacBookPro. I'm Captain Steve Rogers, Bitdefender is my vibranium shield.

Pros

Bitdefender constantly runs in the background. I set it up and just let it run. If something iffy happens, it lets me know. The best part is the confidence that I don't have to babysit protecting my data.

Cons

Monthly billing. Annual is probably available. I need to change to that if possible. The cost is minimal, so a longer billing interval would be painless for the one license I currently need.

Thea

Best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Pros

I have tried many antivirus software, both free and paid apps. So far, Bitdefender is the best one that I've used. I like their cloud-based control center, and how you could easily navigate into the admin panel, if you're using the software for a company. It has a lot of reporting tools, customization options and software deployment options. I also like that the pricing is reasonable. The other thing that I really like about it is it's very silent. It does its work in the background, doesn't disturb the regular user, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. I recommend this, and even the free Bitdefender.

Cons

I didn't find anything that I don't like about the software.

Excellence software for anti-viruses

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Pros

Bit defender is a virus guard which helps to protect the computers from number of viruses that attacks the computers. It protects the computer not only from viruses but it also protects the computers from spyware and phishing scams too.

One of the main advantages of bit defender is while the defender is running it does not make the computer slow. Bit defender runs as a background process so it does not affect the cpu or the memory. That’s why running bit defender does not cause slowness in computer .

Bit defender has the capability of scanning all the web sites and emails that a user may use. It reduces the chance of virus attacks.

It is easy to install bit defender .All you have to do is just follow the instructions given. Users does not need expertise to do all these.

It supports most of the platforms like Linux, mac and windows.

Cons

One of the main disadvantages of bit defender is sometimes it does not work well in long terms.

• Industry: Higher Education

Best Security Solution for the Computers

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Overall when you need a reliable solution for your computer Bitdefender come in first place.

Pros

When it comes to security Bitdefender offers good virus protection to your computer. It has built in firewall, web protection, email protection, ransom ware protection and etc. All these services are getting updates daily. So you can keep your trust on BitDefender without any doubt. Its has very nice user interface which can be easily understand.

Cons

Therr isn't much cons to say anyway some times it uses more resources of running the software. However all that is for maintaining the system security.

Armando
Armando
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Complete security suite

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

In General I feel safe as an administrator and user. In the event of any attack, I am certain that it will be identified by Bitdefender and blocked.

Pros

With Bitdefender I can manage all the computers on my network and provide the necessary security. Comply with the policies of access to company resources and ensure the information as well as foresee the loss of data. Forense Inspection its a very usefull module.

Cons

Sometimes the maintenance of the equipment is usually tedious, the browser becomes slow and I have to generate custom reports continuously.

Daniel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Reviews but Not Wonderful

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

I would not buy Bitdefender GravityZone. While it has a reputation as the best, I find it to be limiting and a little invasive

Pros

My husband swears by Bitdefender and uses it always; he is in IT. It will keep your computer airtight in regards to viruses and spyware -- It creates a very secure computer

Cons

The security is extreme and interferes with my computer use. I am a photographer and when I share the computer with my husband, I have multiple problems with photo transfers and uploads. Bitdefender tries to protect me from myself! At least someone is, I suppose.

Richard
Richard

The Best Antivirus for windows and mac

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Pros

I have this software on both my mac and my windows computer. While Macs don't get viruses, they do get tons of malware if you travel to illegitimate websites. I noticed that when normally browsing sometimes my windows computer will redirect to malicious websites or sometimes I simply land on websites that have been compromised. Bitdefender does an amazing job of monitoring my web activity and blocking malicious websites. You can see in the log just how much malware it prevents. That is why i'm very happy with this software. For my Mac computer, I run it once a week to make sure I don't have any issues. On my windows its on 24/7

Cons

It's not very lightweight when scanning the computer. My computer lags like crazy when I run a full system scan. Once it's done, it's back to normal.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Disappointing Customer Service

Reviewed on 18/01/2020

Great product, poor customer service.

Great product, poor customer service.

Pros

It protects my machine from all kinds of viruses.

Cons

I was overcharged and when I reached out to customer service they were less than helpful. The charge was on a old, closed account. I could not access it and to prove I had been overcharged I had to contact the bank and go through an entire process which was very frustrating. Customer service at Bitdefender was frustrating to deal with and less than accommodating.

Chanika

A High-Level Anti-virus

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Gravity Zone is an impressive antivirus that offers high-level protection against computer viruses, spam, email threats, and web threats.

Pros

Gravity Zone enjoys a free trial that new customers find helpful and it’s compatible with Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS. The platform is also easy to use and enjoys 24/7 live support.

Cons

Gravity Zone lacks capabilities for vulnerability scanning, even tracking, and intrusion detection. This might be a concern for most users, especially beginners.

Jorge

Cheap and keeps you virus free

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Pros

I loved that you can always get a good deal for a one-year subscription to get three computers safe and sound. I like that it is not constantly bugging you with a million reminders and notifications.

Cons

I wish it was more thorough at explaining all of its functions. Once it is installed, it runs well. However, I wish I understood better how the VPN secure or Safepay actually works. The notifications pop-up, but I dont feel safe enabling something right as you are making a payment or joining a network. So, a simple walkthrough would make a big difference