IPVanish

Software to establish and manage virtual private network

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.1/5

Stacey B.

IP Vanish helps you protect your privacy online.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Prevents tracking based on IP/location for services that may limit connectivity from some locations. Ironically, since it allows you to pick where you appear to connect from, you can also use it for testing Geolocation limited features of services. Game or other servers that need to limit access to a country for legal reasons can be tested from a long list of location nodes in the IPVanish network.

Pros

IP Vanish software just works. Simple yet powerful interface. Supports Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Linux, and more. You can even install it on your router. Since IPVanish is at core a service, you can configure your system to use the service without using their software. Provides automatic or manual selection of best VPN connection point all over the US and in many countries. IP Vanish allows you to protect your privacy from trackers and Geolocation services providing you with greater peace of mind while you use the internet.

Cons

While you can configure it to pass local LAN traffic it doesn't always seem to work with new connections. If I am connected to a LAN service/server before starting the VPN, then it works, but occasionally doesn't seem to work right if I haven't already established a connection. My local LAN can consist of private IP's and public IPs so that may be where the issue lies.

Dennis N.

Been using it while working in a software development company

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

I like that its pretty fast to use and it has a large range of countries and cities to connect to and use their IP address, second i like that it has a design that looks nerdy with cool green and black colors, makes you feel like you are doing something complicated but really you are just clicking two buttons.

Cons

I don't like that lately the servers started dropping and its not availlable most of the time to connect to some countries, but this is only occuring for the last 10 days so i wouldn't say its a problem, it can happen to any software.

• Industry: Banking

Excellent laptop VPN

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

Simplified user interface allows you to select your geographic connection point. Connects fairly quickly and when using the mobile client lets you know when you're on unsecured networks.

Cons

Occasionally on disconnect the software keeps the dns settings and I have had to manually remove the settings in my network configuration

Don W.

IP Vanish - Excellent VPN Software

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

I used this as my 'go to' software for VPN functionality on my cell phone and my PC until I bought Norton 360 which comes with a good, free, vpn included. That's the only reason I stopped using IPVanish.

Pros

It does an excellent job of masking my IP address and spoofing my location at places all over the world. It is intuitive, easy to use, and reasonably priced.

Cons

If you set your presumptive location to a country in which English is not a primary language, you will frequently get directed to foreign-language web pages. I suppose in a way this is a testament to the effectiveness of IPVanish.

William C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great VPN Service few flaws

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Pros

There are about 1300 servers worldwide and it has a good search feature to find one. Overall it proc=vides a fast connection even though it is a VPN which tends to slow things down.

Cons

The user interface is a bit cluttered and sometimes I do have problems with it disconnecting mid browsing which defeats the purpose. However it does have a kill switch you can set up to prevent connection to the internet unless the VPN is connected.

Tonya K.

Keep you location secret

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Pros

That people can't tell were I am streaming from and track me.

Cons

It sometimes slows down the stream of videos.

IP Vanish does just what you think it does

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

This helps a ton when you are trying to access different sites from different countries and allows you to research when needed from anywhere

Pros

I like IP Vanish because it's fairly simple to use and it gives you multiple options and locations to use for your IP from within the country to international as well

Cons

I can't say any cons- there are a lot of IP hiding services out there, but this one does the job as intended.

Godwin O.

VPN with Comfort

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Pros

it's one of my best VPN that I have used so far without any issues.

Cons

the software is a expensive, apart from that I haven't seen any other fault or problems with it.

Murad T.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

VPN for everyone

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

It has lots of servers, you can connect to the servers in seconds.

Pros

Very easy to use, quick and effective. Just click and enjoy the internet.

Cons

In my country, the internet was blocked. So I searched for a good VPN, this VPN was very good, but sometimes it stopped working, I used to reload it.

Jay A.

Very easy to set up

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

I needed to get a VPN and know very little about them. IPVanish was recommended by an associate and it works quite well. I was able to set it up in minutes. It was very intuitive.

Pros

I was always thought that it was difficult to set up a VPN. I found IP vanish to be very easy to get up and running.

Cons

There really was nothing that I could find fault with. The only issue was that I am never sure when it disconnects and need to check that each time I log in to my computer.

• Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

VPN is as VPN does.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

I liked how it was a one click vpn solution, it saved me a lot of time in establishing a connection.

Cons

I did not like how throttled my speeds were, maybe there was an issue with the server I had selected but I had to bounce to different servers.

Ridhima C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great value

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Pros

IPVanish is very cheap when you break it down to daily use . There are servers in a lot of regions ( I think about 70 ) and you can switch as needed . Can use it on as many devices as you want with your account .

Cons

Some of the IPs load and run very slowly .Fortunately you can always change it to a quicker one .

William S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

IPVANISH Rocks

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Amazing service, fast, reliable, and very cheap! It works great for the price you pay and you can browse the internet securely without your ISP monitoring your activity!

Pros

Fast, reliable, easy to use, and the price is amazing! I use it on my phones, pcs, and amazon firesticks! It just simply works. Price compared to other VPN services is hands down the best. I paid $39.99 for a year of service. There are servers all over the world available for use. The speed from being connected is minimally impacted. The service also keeps no record of logs which is what you need when using a VPN service. I highly recommend their service if you're not using it!

Cons

Limited to only so many devices per subscription. That's the only con with the software. But, most competitors are the same way.

Eduardo T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Affordable, reliable choice for consumer VPN needs

Reviewed on 06/06/2021

Overall, it's a decent choice. The servers are not the fastest, but offers decent speeds for cloud-based workloads.

Pros

It is by far one of the most affordable choices of the longest running VPN providers. The app is easy to install and easy to use. It is quick to deploy to individual users.

Cons

Downside was it did not have a server local to my location. The app also caused issues with the internet connection on one computer, but that may be because we have a custom DNS setup.

NordVPN

Reasons for Choosing IPVanish

Price

Reasons for Switching to IPVanish

There was a good deal for pricing at the time.
Jenn W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

IPVanish a good buy

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

Great VPN in general and works as it suppose to function.

Pros

What I like most about IpVanish VPN is the fact that you have close to 20 US cities you are able to connect to immediately. I also love the kill switch option, which means if for some reason you become disconnected with the VPN you immediately will not have internet access. That option can be useful in many scenarios for a user.

Cons

The only con I have is when you start the software, it always asks you for permission to launch on your system. I believe that's an unnecessary step for a user to have to go through.

ExpressVPN

Reasons for Switching to IPVanish

They were recommended by someone I trusted.
Theodore P.

VPN Me Not

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

No problems were solved. A benefits is that it operates at high speeds. It is easy to install and manage.
Offers a protective environment keeps nosey nibs from seeing where you are going and what you like to see on the internet.

Pros

We have our own in house product that we use, however we always like to have alternatives. We chose IPVanish product because it offers quick results. The setup is straight forward and the administration follows the ABCD format. We also like the user interface were as the options are listed in a pane on the left side of the screen and depending on what option you select there, a screen contents of that option appears on the right:

__|_______
__| *
__| * * *
|X |

Cons

The only thing that we saw as a hangup was streaming. Keep in mind of a VPN service it seems to clip along at a decent to fairly fast speed, but for actually streaming like for Netflix, seems to get frozen and take a while to load back up.

Han A.

Great but limits your Connection Speed

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Amazing, close to 0 issues I'm relatively picky so that's not very easily managed but its overall operation and functionality are outstanding. Excellent.

Pros

Love this software usually run it to get access to web pages I'd normally not have access to and use different server world wide. Easy to use, reliable, and the value for money is overall great. You can modify the location and select precisely where you'd like to set up the VPN connection. The only reason I didn't give it 9+ stars is that the quality VPN is not seamless so goggle sometimes thinks your a bot and impeeds certain actions.

Cons

Easily one of the top VPN's out there its great only problems are the internet speed gets reduced to a quarter while using it, it's not seamless so certain applications detect it making it useless and finally some servers are not optimal which may be problematic if you want to connect to a certain server. Overall for its price, it's still quite amazing. The overall interface could use a design touch-up.

Y'nita J.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Love!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

At the beginning not a lot of issues. I would still recommend this to other users!

Pros

I stream a lot on my fire stick. This system keeps me from having to change streaming channels due to the site being shut down!

Cons

I feel that it may need a little work because I’m having to change sites more then usually. Maybe some adjustments need to be made.

Silvio B.

A good VPN option

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

I'm satisfied and I will definitely keep using it.

Pros

What I really like of this software is the fact that it almost has a version for every platform. I got it installed on both mac, pc and android which is nice!

Cons

It would be cool to have the possibility to install it on some of the most common routers to avoid having it on each device

Nicholas S.

Fast & reliable. Doesn't work in China.

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Overall, this VPN does exactly what I need to here in the USA and it keeps me up at high speeds while browsing the internet, but it doesn't work in China.

Pros

This VPN is fast when you're connected to it. Doesn't seem like you're even on a VPN. It is good at hiding your IP address when using the internet and protecting your personal information. There are lots of server locations to connect to, so if one is slow you can easily swap to another one.

Cons

This VPN did not work in the Chinese mainland. It is completely blocked. I had to buy a competitor service in order to access the internet when I was in China.

Corey S.

Great VPN for the money

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Privacy with an easy-to-use interface

Pros

IP Vanish VPN is easy to use and has applications for multiple platforms: Apple, Android, PC, Roku, etc., and IP Vanish has numerous servers around the world.

Cons

IP Vanish VPN's customer service is not the best. In addition, IP Vanish is slower than some VPN services.

IPVanish protects your privacy, however it tends to drop connections often

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

IT is a solid VPN services, but there are some bugs in their system that made to experience less appealing

Pros

IPVanish has a lot of servers all around the world and the connections were fast. They do not keep logs for the connections, protecting your privacy.

Cons

The connections seemed to drop quite often, they have a kill switch that would block all internet access until you reconnected. It was quite annoying.

Argie P.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

IPVanish Review

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Well, it helps a lot with our network infrastructure to connect to our main hub.

Pros

I like the most is the plenty of location it has. All the software are easy to install and use for everyday task. It helps a lot for our networking infrastructure.

Cons

I don't see any cons so far. Even though we are using this software for more than a year. Hoping to add more server and IP's

Fast, secure browsing (with caveats!)

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

Easy to use with no noticeable loss of speed. Fast enough to stream video without a problem (though obviously, certain streaming websites will not allow you access with VPN enabled). Quick to setup and get going.

Cons

(1) Level of troubleshooting required at times: if you exit the program abruptly, it can be difficult to re-login. There is a Fix DNS button that is often needed but this is not obvious to the user and it is difficult to locate. Some broadband companies restrict the use of VPNs unless you call and request that they change your settings.
(2) Limited access to some websites: many financial websites do not allow you to log-in with the VPN enabled. So if you wanted to check your bank or trading accounts from public wifi, you may not be able to do so with VPN protection.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

A highly functional VPN with software that does the hard work for you.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

I love IPVanish VPN and it's included software. The software make is easy to get up and running and get you connected to the internet through your new VPN. The software takes care of all the hard work and all you have to do it click connect and it will automatically find the best servers to use and connect you.

Cons

Sometimes, depending on what server you are connected to, some website features are not available. Also, although you can set up the software to be completely automatic, there are a bunch of features that are not easy to understand and you will need to seek some guidance from online if you want to get full use out of the software and your VPN.