SchoolCues

All-in-one school management system for small schools

4.9/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.9/5

44 Software options

Melodie S.

I LOVE Schoolcues!

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

Our school opened our doors three weeks before school started. For those in school administration, you know that is a nightmare!

SchoolCues was easy to learn and implement. We had it up and running, accepting new students within just a few days. I am not an admin person. I find myself easily overwhelmed when learning new systems and processes like this. I was able to jump in, get it set up and fully functioning without a hitch! Their staff was super helpful and stayed with me until we were set up and accepting students.

I like that the system just makes sense. It is very intuitive and I can find my way from step 1 to step 2 without second guessing if I am going in the right direction.

Pros

As a very small Academy, we needed something intuitive and simple. This is our first year to open and we do not have an admin staff, so we needed something easy to learn and implement for the staff that would be using it. We found just what we needed in SchoolCues!

SchoolCues is intuitive and just makes sense. It does everything we need and then some. It is a full admissions package from inquiry to enrollment as well as a full communications system for staff and parents. We can charge and accept payments and they are adding new features all the time.

I am not a techie person and I use this system the most. If I find that I need help, their support staff is very helpful. They have built in training modules as well as being able to schedule a personal training at anytime.

We love SchoolCues!

Cons

At this time, there is no LMS option within the system. I asked about this feature and they said they are planning to add this feature but it is not an option at this time.

At this time, the admissions and payment are not connected, so we have to manually input charges.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Melodie, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time out to give us your helpful feedback, and we will definitely take your suggestions into consideration :)

Martha T.

Communication with Parents is Vital

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

I have been using School Cues for YEARS. I am constantly impressed by their efforts to update and add to their platform. The Covid-19 pre-screen that they added prior to the start of school in September 2020 was a true game changer. Our program had been asking questions at the car and taking children's temperatures at drop off. Now the parents answer the questions prior to arrival and we simply scan a QR Code.

Also, registering for Parent Teacher Conferences eliminated any negotiations by our parents on 'what might work better for them'. This used to take up a lot of our time.

We send out a daily classroom email to identify highlights of our day so our parents check their app each day.

The calendar is wonderful as it sends reminders to our families - but we choose when and how often they are notified.

Overall our experience has been extremely positive and supported our efforts of building a culture that embraces communication and respect.

Pros

School Cues decreased the demand of my Administrative time by at least 30%. It set a standard for parent communication and offered our parents a resource of information on their phone and at their fingertips.

I also love the professionalism that it presents to our users.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints or concerns with this software. Any blip we have experienced was dealt with immediately by the staff of School Cues on the same day.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you so much Martha for your kind words. We are glad our system has helped your school :)

Aaron H.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

This is a wonderfully affordable solution to small schools. It gives us a central hub for our information and tracking.

Pros

The two best aspects of SchoolCues are: 1) Customer service. I have, on more than one occasion, spoken with the founder and lead engineer on a private Zoom call. They are very fast with responses and gracious with ignorant staff. 2) The software is very user friendly and easily navigable.

Cons

As with all software, the desire for more customization comes into play. The development team is always working on this, so I truly believe many changes will be coming. I would enjoy the newsletter to be developed to be comparative to software like MailerLite etc.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and suggestions. We are glad to hear that you like our system :)

Jessica S.

Feedback from Early Childhood School

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

Pros

I like having the data and contact details I need at my fingertips whether I'm here in my office, at home after hours or on my phone away from both.

Cons

About half way through the year we are working to create new classrooms for the upcoming year, and it's clunky to create these "behind the scenes". Increased functionality here would be a great improvement.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback. We are releasing an array of new features that will help further ease functionality, and will take your specific suggestion into consideration.

Zayra C.

Excellent App!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

The health screenign aspect has made our lives much more efficient at school for both of our staff and students.

Pros

The easiness of using the app. Very user friendly instructions and excellent customer service and training.

Cons

If the QR codes could be printed out so we can scan prior to school starting would be beneficial and time saving.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your kind words, Zayra. The QR code suggestion should not be hard to implement, so we will definitely look into it :)

Kathleen D.

Schoolcues is very user friendly, and is a great way to communicate with our school community.

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

The benefits are everything we need is on SchoolCues. We use all the features - admissions, communications, calendars and much more.

Pros

The communication aspect and also the student modules where parents can enter all the perinent information for their child.

Cons

As of now, we really don't have any concerns.

Response from Vidalinks

Thank you for your kind feedback Kathleen. By the way, we are revamping our communications module to make it even more convenient for schools and families!

Jessica C.

Good program

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

Easy to access
User-friendly
Simple to navigate

Cons

- need more access to help parents who are unable to signup for events. Unable to do "backend" signups.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you like our system, and we will definitely take your suggestion into consideration.

Raihanna S.

SchoolCues for your Program

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Pros

SchoolCues is very easy for Parents to use and offers many options for Student data information

Cons

SchoolCues is not always intuitive, and it would be more helpful if each module came with written instruction on use.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Raihanna,

Thank you for your kind review. You can always access our help guides on the portal for our modules as well as training videos. Additionally, we hold live training sessions every weekday! Please contact us if you need more info :)

Mardee W.

SchoolCues

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Parents and staff adapted to this new system fairly quickly and have been very happy with how it has simplified both paperwork and communications.

Pros

Communication with our entire school community electronically, and especially from a mobile device, was key for us. Also moving our student files to electronic format has been a great for staff and parents alike.

Cons

Not everything is intuitive and it takes a bit of time to familiarize with navigation.

Response from SchoolCues

We are glad that our electronic solution has helped increase communication in your school and helped you go mobile. We are continuously working on improving our features for easier navigation, and would love to hear specific feedback from you. We often implement customer suggestions!

Julie F.

Great software for small Montessori schools!

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Our experience has been so positive with SchoolCues! Everyone is very helpful and kind, and support issues are generally resolved in a timely manner. We appreciate that SchoolCues helps us maintain connectivity between our classrooms and our families.

Pros

We love that this product offers everything we need and nothing we don't. We appreciate that we can add functionality as our school grows. The software was relatively easy to implement and has been easy to learn and navigate.

Cons

Sometimes class updates are difficult to save or format. Our teachers who are less comfortable with technology struggle a bit, but do so with all technology applications. We wish there was more functionality through the Admin/Teacher app.

Reasons for Choosing SchoolCues

RenWeb was way more than we needed, very difficult to navigate and manage, and cost significantly more.

Reasons for Switching to SchoolCues

Functionality, ease of use, and price.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your very kind feedback Julie! We will take your feedback into consideration :)

Candace H.

Highly recommended for your school

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I have been very happy with my experience, the professionals I have come into contact for tech support (and the problem was operator error), and new modules coming on line due to need. I have recommended this to programs I know.

Pros

SchoolCues has forms that allow you to customize as well as import your own so it fits your needs regardless of what they are. The program responded to the COVID need when they saw it and the tech support is always there if I need it.

Cons

Coming from a system I have used for many years it took me some time to learn the payment section but all others were easy and it mostly likely was operator, not program issues.

Response from Vidalinks

Hi Candace, we really appreciate your review and are glad that you like our system. :)

Heather H.

SchoolCues as an All-inclusive Platform

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Our experience with SchoolCues has been nothing but positive overall. The communication and support from the company is outstanding. The product is constantly evolving to solve for customer needs.

Pros

We have been using SchoolCues for several years as the communication platform between our families and our school. It is easy to use and easy to implement. Their program is flexible so you can use as many or as few of the modules to fit your needs. The company is continually making enhancements to support the various schools that use the software.

Cons

We have very few issues with SchoolCues. They are very receptive to our suggestions and often implement them in future software releases.

Response from Vidalinks

We are glad that you like our platform, Heather. Feel free to contact us with any other suggestions you have in the future :)

Brittany I.

Island Montessori SchoolCues

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

SchoolCues has an amazing support team that can answer all questions or concerns. They are quick to respond and offer great trainings for admin and staff. The program itself is easy to set up and navigate. They are always making improvements to the system and communicate those changes frequently.

Pros

We love the text feature and that it automatically sends an email along with the text. Living in a town known for hurricanes, it makes communication with our families quick and easy during emergencies. They are constantly updating the program which is great. If there is an issue, they are quick to respond and very helpful with resolving issues.

Cons

Our biggest issue doesn't necessarily fault the program itself, but we do have issues with parents not receiving emails sent through SchoolCues. It sometimes comes through as Spam since it is an automated process. It's more of an issue on the receiving email side, it just makes it hard to tell if parents are receiving our communications or not.

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Brittany, thank you for your feedback! We are glad you like our texting feature. Also, we will see if there is something we can do about the email situation, if it is in our control.

Phyllis N.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Pros

SchoolCues is very user friendly and the staff is always supportive and helpful when we have a question. They have helped our school run more smoothly and efficiently. I appreciate that we save time and paper!

Cons

Even though the response is good, it would be nice if we could directly call support.

Gradelink

Response from SchoolCues

We appreciate your feedback Phyllis, and we will take your suggestion into consideration.

Sarah S.

1st Year with School Cues

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

School Cues is very responsive to questions and troubleshooting everyone I have spoken to are personable and knowledgeable and overall am very happy with it

Pros

We really appreciate having the functions of the school under one umbrella. It is very intuitive and has certainly eased communication gaps internally and and parent facing it replaces many CRM's into one hub

Cons

the platform and format has been very well thought out. We have noticed many updates upgrades in functionality and believe more to come I would like to see more ease of use ie notes for students not just inquiry ability to move through different modalities and not default automatically
I look forward to mobile app being able to have more capabilities especially for parents that currently does

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you Sarah, we are glad to hear that you and your school are happy with our platform overall :)

Heather G.

RMS Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very helpful. Whenever I have questions he goes out of his way to help!

Pros

Communication with staff and parents is very easy. I also like how all of the students information is in one place.

Cons

Report settings. It can be cumbersome to run reports and can't always run the ones I need.

Response from SchoolCues

We are glad to hear that your school communications has been simplified with our system. We will take your reporting feedback into consideration.

Miguel G.

Great Product for Small Schools

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Pros

SchoolCues is a great product for small schools and organizations. It offers all of the essential tools that a school might need with none of the flash or fancy that move expensive companies have.

Cons

It is clear that SchoolCues is a smaller company that is working to keep costs down. It does appear that way, but as far as functionality it has everything we need.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you Miguel. Please feel free to communicate with us on what features and improvements you would like to see. We have implemented so many suggested features in the past from our customers.

Chiara M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

SchoolCues Amazing System

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Extremely friendly and functional.

Pros

SchoolCues is an essential system for our school. The tools are straightforward which makes it functional for staff and our families. SchoolCues has made my job even more streamlined with easy to use modules.

Cons

Honestly I love all its functionalities and if I need something added or changed SchoolCues is always up to the challenge.

Response from Vidalinks

Hi Chiara, we are very happy to hear that you like the functionality of our platform, and we hope to further exceed your expectations with our upcoming features.

Sallie A.

School management

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Our experience has been excellent.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Well thought out and easy to set up.
The Support Team is amazing. They are always ready to help.
Our Parent Response has been excellent. They appreciate the platform.

Cons

So far we have nog found anything that we don’t like.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your feedback Sallie!

Raquel R.

Best software for a small to midsize school!

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

A gift in one the most stressful times! An affordable way to have all the school information centralized, organized, accessible.

Pros

I love how easily I can access students' information and the different kind of useful reports/lists I can pull in barely 3 clicks. Also their customer service is great!

Cons

Sometimes some processes are not as intuitive as they could be. I am also missing the possibility of posting photos for parents through the app... but I know it's on its way. They are constantly improving and introducing updates and new features!

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your kind review Raquel. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know :)

Jen T.

SchoolCues is the easy to use the best value for school online platforms.

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

SchoolCues has been the one-stop-shop for all of our admin needs. It is easy to use once you complete the training. We recommend this product.

Pros

SchoolCues is great because it is an easy-to-use database for schools that allows us to set up tuition and one-time payments. The notifications allow us to have parents sign up for events and stay up to date with the school calendar and newsletters.

Cons

There have been some glitches in the system which their software team has been working to resolve. They usually respond the same day.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you Jen for your kind review :)

Heather B.

Excellent Value for Money!

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

In over a year, this software has made incredible strides. At the rate it has changed, it will be one of the best in the business for the cost of one of the least!

Pros

It is easy to use and customer service is incredible!

Cons

Still some bugs to work out; however, the team was very responsive to issues.

Reasons for Choosing SchoolCues

The options available in SchoolCues were better suited to our needs.

Better value for money

Response from SchoolCues

Hi Heather, thank you so much for your kind review. We really appreciate your feedback!

Darlene D.

SchoolCues Review

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

My overall experience has been exceptional. They care about our experiences, are always ready to help when needed and there are no questions, ideas or suggestions off limits. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best!

Pros

I like that it's simple to use and easy to manage any changes. There have been wonderful upgrades lately that are very timely like the urgent messaging and text alert feature that can accompany the email notices if needed.

Cons

I think the least thing is that I cannot call customer service and I have to wait for a response via email. However, they answer usually on the same day (depending on the time difference) but sometimes I need an immediate answer.

Gradelink

Reasons for Switching to SchoolCues

The ease of using the system and the customer service attention we received by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your feedback Darlene! We will take your suggestion into consideration.

Melisa S.

SchoolCues Review

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

The biggest benefit is having all our school needs in one place. Parent and staff communications, taking attendance even keeping track of student records!

Pros

Easy to use and all information is in one place and helped us go paperless.

Cons

Other options to print reports besides exporting to excel. The ability to choose report criteria and filters.

Response from Vidalinks

Hi Melisa, thank you for your feedback. We do have the ability to download reports by filters and categories. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

Amita S.

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Our experience has been great. The product is great. The people are wonderful and extremely smart. They want to help and no matter what challenge you throw at them, they figure it out.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Has a lot of functionality that can be customized. Data can easily be exported into many different formats (excel, pdf, etc...). The communication component is very good. Best of all the company provides great customer service.

Cons

We haven't found anything we don't like about it yet.

Response from SchoolCues

Thank you for your generous review, Amita. We are glad that you like our free trial and overall system. :)