Procreate

Graphic designing software for digital illustrations

4.7/5
4.7/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Pedro
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Cheap, efficient and good drawing program

Reviewed on 17/07/2021

overall i am happy to have purchased this application, i use every day for different activities because you can do whatever you what, from graphic design, fashion design, take notas, to architectural drawings, in conclution i love it.

Pros

Procreate is one of the best drawing aplications available for IOS devices, it's a very intuitive applications that you can learn by practicing a few hours. It has a lot of Brushes, working with layers, and an export facility in any format.

Cons

The only bad thing is that you need to buy an Apple Pencil or any alternative, because without that it's very hard to use.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

One of the best mobile apps for illustration and painting

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

It's a pretty smooth experience for illustrators.
If you are used to softwares like Photoshop, you might notice the lack of some functionalities.

Pros

Wide variety of brushes, tools and functionalities. Easy to learn and intuitive for artists.

Cons

It could have more image editing functions, like filters and adjustment layers.

Anil

Drawing with Procreate

Reviewed on 26/06/2022

I used Procreate over 6 months to create designs and logo.

Pros

Drawing is most important feature for Procreate, you can create and edit your images or logos with your brush or other kind of features.

Cons

Procreate has impressive library, but they can improve other kind of features to.

Naja

Procreate, and artist’s (or not) digital playground for art exploration!

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Overall my experience with procreate is a positive one. I Love the fact that I’m able to utilize my stylus pencil to create things in essence with an unlimited amount of tools and features right on my iPad. While some of the features that are included within the app are difficult for new Artist or designers to use, despite those few difficult tools there is a wide consortium of picking a level and easy to navigate tools and features for even the newest designer to figure out.

Pros

In general there is a lot to like about the software. You purchase at one time and then you are able to utilize it from there on out you don’t necessarily have to subscribe to anything which is nice. In addition there is a broad range of functionality embedded within the app. So whether you are a beginner artist or mediocre designer, you are sort of able to play around with the app and figure out some basic or simple tools that you are able to use. In comparison to a seasoned artist or designer who has full range and functionality to create true masterpieces simply on the app.

Cons

In terms of things that I liked least about the software, I would just mention that while some of the tools are user-friendly and you are able to figure out how to use some of the basic features. It would be nice for some of the more intricate or designer friendly tools to be easily accessible for new users or new designers. I found that when I was trying to utilize some of the more seasoned tools, I had a little bit of a more difficult time navigating the app or specifically how to use those tools, and found myself having to outsource data and go to another source to watch a video or read on how to specifically use that one feature on the app. And that’s a lot to do to figure out how do use one small feature of the app

Miguel

Intuitive Drawing Software, Easy To Use And Full Of Features

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Pros

Easy to use software, it has many kinds of brushes that you can use or even make your own!

Cons

Could have better and more easy-to-use animation features.

José

best drawing app

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

A great experience. I allways use it.

Pros

It is super easy to use, the interface helped me a lot to handle the app. I have been able to use it very well without problems.

Cons

I don't like the limitation of layers for when designing, drawing, animating. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Damla
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Provides the most satisfying experience overall

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

very satisfying. Most drawing apps seem like complex mathematical equations after using this app.

Pros

Ease of use, simple and easy to remember hand gesture shortcuts makes it memorable, it also allows you to personalize your setup by allowing you to buy brushes and tools and modify them if you want.

Cons

Updates do not work with earlier versions of Ipad Pro, which is a shame because tablet works as fine as the first day.

I love procreate

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

It's my main tool of work and I tried others. This one is by far the best

Pros

It’s easy to use. The brushes have an analog sensation and it's fun to use.

Cons

Since I don’t have the last iPad some features are not available

Jordan
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Procreate - Content at your fingertips!

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

It's been great to learn and create custom content for my business.

Pros

I love all the different options to customize the content you create.

Cons

It could definitely use a training wizard or something to walk you through how to use certain features.

Ryan
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Exceptional iPad painting app

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Pros

Has great 3D painting tools
Quite extensive number of photo editing tools
Simple user interface

Cons

It's only available for iPad
A bit costly
Latency between brush strokes and digital rendering

Michelle

Good Drawing App For the Price

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Procreate allows me the autonomy to create graphics for logos and collaterals by hand. These features are available with my adobe products, but I use this on my iPad with a pen and often times, on the go. It's just a simple little tool I can use when I'm not in front of a desktop or computer and I just like being able to pop into it and do my work and be done.

Pros

As a designer who tends to need software to draw out certain logos and images by hand (with an iPad and pen), I did like the fact that the software gave a wide range of brushes and even allowed you to create your own brushes. For the price, it has some good exporting features like animated gifs and downloadable replays of the image you were drawing as you were drawing it, which I thought was cool. Layers are easy to use, similar to Photoshop and Illustrator.

Cons

I did find that there was a bit of a learning curve with this software. There is a Procreate handbook but since I am familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator I figured I could skip the handbook and go straight to creating. I struggled with just a couple of things so you may need to take the time to reference the handbook, particularly if you're a novice.

Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Procreate

I use Procreate on my iPad in addition to these products.
Guadalupe
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Procreate, create what you imagine

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I'm pretty happy with Procreate. It is very simple to use it, can experiment and explore a lot of techniques and even outside of my job I enjoy drawing and sketching just for fun and relaxing time

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it s to use it. The functions are intuitive and while playing with the app you can understand how it works. Has limited tools and it has helped me with my work image in an easier way than other image editing apps

Cons

The only aspect I don't totally enjoy is that you have to get familiarized with some terminology related to imaging and design in other to better understand the way procreate works, hence is not totally rookies friendly

Camille

Procreate - Simplicity and efficiency

Reviewed on 20/02/2022

Procreate has an option called Time-lapse video which records every step of your work then speeds it up to get a short video and you can export it! Which is super convenient to share it on Instagram for example.

Pros

Procreate is easy to use and the menu is not overloaded with a varied set of unfamiliar icons. The most interesting thing is that everything is customizable. You can modify all the brushes to have the same effect as a drawing on paper. Another handy trick is that you can choose these brushes to erase, so you can just smudge the color of certain areas instead of erasing everything.

Cons

The higher the size and quality of the canvas, the less you can add layers.
Another problem is that it is only available on IPhone or IPad.

Denisse
  • Industry: Research

Procreate, the expression tool

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

I really like procreate. I found what once was tedious fun, I have loved how intuitive it is, the colour pallets and the capacity to import my old pallets and brushes. It is extremely useful when it comes to easy details and creating illustrations for presentations. Every day I learn more about it and find applications for all the tools. Now I enjoy working with all my images and creating schemes to communicate my ideas

Pros

I enjoy the creative process, it adapts to my hand pressure easily which can be translated into a great drawing process. While editing the work photos I have never had problems manipulating the planes, it is easy to add more information and make focus on what is relevant. While creating a presentation I love how easy is to adjust my image to certain frames. I have a lot of freedom and can play with all the tools. It is easy to import brushes from photoshop and move all my creation processes easily to my tablet

Cons

It says is for everyone but it is necessary to learn the basics when it comes to design and drawing in order to understand the full potential of procreating. Once you get used to it, you'll love it

Katana
  • Industry: Design

Amazing program with an easy price point. Gorgeous and Intuitive.

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

I've used it for commission work and teaching projects both, and it's never let me down.

Pros

The amount of features, ease of creating new brushes and overall gorgeous UI really make it shine.

Cons

Could be a little bit beefier with more filters and manipulation. Would love to see vector features.

So easy with iPad and Pencil

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

It allows me to easily express myself creatively when inspiration strikes. For that alone it’s worth the money.

Pros

It’s intuitive to use, and has a big community of illustrators and graphic designers that share lots of helpful tips and tricks about Procreate.

Cons

Not much, it does what it says it will do. I guess if it had better image editing capabilities? But not a biggie. I’d prefer seperate tools that are superior at what they set out to be.

Mariana

Must have for artists

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

I can accomplish art projects much faster than then when with paper, digitalizing, photoshoping...!

Pros

Easy to use, it's possible to export to pdf, psd, png... makes a hand lettering art project much more easy ans is a time saver.

Cons

It requeries a lot from the batery, I need to recharge several times or keep recharging when working in a bigger project.

Sarah

I’m addicted! Invaluable to any artist of any medium!

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

I’m able to do all our lettering, create custom art for our emails and newsletter, as well as instantly edit any image. Love it!

Pros

I love how intuitive it is, how fast and easy the learning curve is, how many brush options are available, as well as tutorials on the web

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is the lack of an Undo option after you switch pages or projects. And it would be great to have some in-app textures already available. But no complaints.

Carl
  • Used for 2+ years

Must-Have Drawing Software for the iPad

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

I love using Procreate, and recommend it to anyone interested in doing art on the iPad; especially beginners who might be wary of investing in more expensive software. Though I primarily use Clip Studio Paint these days, I still have my copy of Procreate and will occasionally bust it out for simpler drawings.

Pros

One of the best drawing apps available for the iPad, and unbeatable for the price. Has great functionality, and they are constantly adding new features.

Cons

It's not especially intuitive, and does lack some features that more robust drawing programs have. Moving files from your desktop to iPad and back again as you work on them can be a bit tedious.

Kayla
  • Industry: Design

Easy to use, endless possibilities

Reviewed on 27/06/2021

Overall, I am highly satisfied with my purchase of procreate. The more I use the software, the more I have enjoyed it. I have learned so much and grown as an artist with procreate.

Pros

Procreate is very easy to use and has endless possibilities to explore. Everything is extremely customizable and makes designing easier than I’ve ever experienced before.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to all of the features on procreate so it may take a little while to understand all the features it has to offer.

Patrick
  • Industry: Cosmetics

For the tattoo industry this program is essential

Reviewed on 08/05/2022

Flawless

Pros

The ease of use i have tried some free apps I’ve tried paid but this one is by far the easiest to use.

Cons

I would love if they implemented a way to organize the files in an alphabetical order

Janice
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Best drawing software for iPad

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Pros

It's relatively easy to use if you're already familiar with traditional design software. Versatile, and has the best brush algorithms of any iPad software.

Cons

I think it has room to grow and become more complex. Some of the tools feel a little clumsy.

Abdullah

Procreate

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Procreate is really smooth and easy to start with. talk about jump in and start drawing, no tutorials needed. that is procreate

Pros

Procreate is really great for iPad users. the interface is very simple and the tools are at the edge giving enough screen real estate for artists to draw on. you don't need a digital pencil to draw but it's very recommended.
it has features like palm rejection and gestures. it makes working easier and faster.

Cons

not detrimental but, it consumes more battery power than expected. due to it's palm rejection features coupled with my screen protector, it doesn't respond to finger gestures sometimes.

Giselle
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A really wonder for beginners

Reviewed on 29/08/2021

Im not surprised that is been considered the best art app by many users. I have been really happy using it.

Pros

As a beginner, and doing some drawing just for fun it has been a really enjoyable experience, the app is easy to use and have a lot of features that allows you to explore different styles and possibilities while drawing, have a lot of brushes to play and colors, and even options for adding palettes from a picture, layers, its just amazing.
Also, Procreate have some tutorial videos on youtube for you to learn more about how to use the app.

Cons

Since it can be considered an app for professionals, an amateur maybe cannot seize all the features that the app have without knowing some art related concepts.

Marius

Wife wanted drawing program on her iPad purchased without even thinking

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Pros

It's full featured drawing program for iPad, have tried on both iPad and iPad pro and it's spectacular. Brushes, masks, layers, good canvas size, capability to export in multiple formats.

Cons

one needs to be aware that there is still canvas size limitations depending on the device. Also depending on canvas size procreate starts to limit the amount of layers.