Adobe Photoshop

374 Software options

Adriano E.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Considering getting into Photoshop? Please read my review to see if it is worthy it your $.

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Whether I am creating ads or editing images for our website, or social media, Photoshop is an invaluable tool. Personally, I have used Photoshop to edit photos of my two children since they were born - memorializing beautifully those special moments of their lives. I also use Photoshop extensively for editing outdoor photography. As a resident of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I am 30 minutes away from beautiful lakes and mountains. Photoshop has not disappointed me in 20 years since my college days!

Pros

Photoshop is powerful. I can't think of something photo-editing-wise that you can not do with Photoshop. Having said that, what I like most is that if I don't know how to get something done, there are Adobe pro tips available everywhere. The knowledge base library is extensive and whether you are a beginner or a veteran user of the app, you never few stuck or unable to get to that next level.

Cons

The cost of using the product is prohibitive for most people. I guess adobe has a specific demographic in mind for Adobe Photoshop...

Anthony F.
  • Industry: Automotive

Photoshop in a Professional Setting

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

I utilize Photoshop daily in the work that I do whether that be actual graphic design or photo editing for my job. As an experienced user (from CS to present day CC) I understand where Creative Cloud is going in terms of making certain workflows and processes simple and more effective. However, in regards to that, it also seems like it leaves certain experienced individuals running around trying to figure out where some of the tools they've utilized have mysteriously disappeared to. Also with constantly updating it also breaks some of its functionality until another patch is released. Overall Photoshop is a workhorse when it comes with image manipulation and photo editing. Whereas there are a lot of third party resources out there (and for much cheaper than a CC subscription) it really boils down to what features you want vs. what are you willing to give up.

Pros

The features I admire the most about Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite line is that the shortcuts (once you know them) tend to transpire throughout the other programs - and if some differ, they don't differ by much. I also like how streamline Photoshop works with the other programs within Adobe Creative Suite because you can import and/or drag and drop files within one another.

Cons

The thing to be noted with Photoshop if you're truly a beginner is that there is a steep learning curve. With the new updates for Creative Cloud (from what I've witnessed personally) I understand where Adobe was going with making things more simple to do, but in retrospect for someone with more experience certain functions are either hidden within panels and/are omitted completely. This can be a headache with new updates when a good handful of tools you're used to working with suddenly disappear. Adobe could fix this with having a legacy tool interface for those who are more experienced to the program to utilize.

Mack B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Something for Everybody

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Overall, the experience has been positive, as Photoshop is my main go-to for any type of illustrative work. From posters to concept pitch decks, I'm very happy with what Photoshop is able to help me accomplish. What I know from the Adobe Suite is that I will typically get quality in whatever I do; Photoshop has a great reputation and is an asset in the field for this reason, so I feel like I've always been in good hands with Adobe's products.

Furthermore, despite its setbacks, Photoshop is user-friendly and the interface is fairly approachable. I don't feel daunted when I start a new project or continue a tedious one. Truly, the program has something for everyone, and with a bit of elbow grease, it can be the thing that elevates your project to new dimensions.

Pros

Photoshop has a plethora of useful tools ranging from simple color correction to advanced cutting, pasting, and masking. It's a very dynamic program with a variety of ways of completing a task. Photoshop also feels like a tool for everybody--a beginner coming from very simple editing on Preview, for instance, would feel right at home just as a highly skilled professional in the world of illustration would.

What's more, Photoshop also grants you the freedom to play around and explore. It really feels like an artist's canvas, and the only limit is your imagination. At the same time, it also supports a more business-oriented approach and workflow, while still maintaining a creative energy. The app is a chameleon, and really bends to the limits of its user.

Cons

There's a lot of minutiae involved with Photoshop, as every step matters, and every tiny detail cannot be overlooked. This sometimes feels overwhelming at times, especially in the middle of a long process. Masking, for instance, can be confusing as it relates to layers, and Smart Objects I don't find particularly useful unless the program is telling me I need to rasterize or otherwise change a layer into a Smart Object. I'm never given an explanation why, or why I cannot bypass it, so I have to take these tiny moments at face value.

I am also not a fan of the magnetic lasso tool for how restrictive it is. It doesn't conform all that well to certain angles and shapes, and I will often need to zoom in to the pixel level in order to painstakingly and manually wrap around each pixel if I want a precision job.

I also dislike the lack of presets--there should be presets that make approaching a project a lot easier and reduce the strain of manual work. It'd not only save a lot of time, but it'd help an amateur project look and feel a lot more professional.

Luba L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Photoshop runs our business

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

We have been using Photoshop to design and illustrate merchandise for almost 15 years. It is tough to learn but luckily, there are many resources online.

Pros

After a steep learning curve, (really steep) you come to the conclusion that there is literally nothing you cannot do with Photoshop when it comes to image editing, drawing, design... Recent upgrades include excellent tutorials - which is a huge plus.

Cons

It is extremely expensive for small firms like ours. Photoshop comes either alone (for a year) or as part of a huge bundle that costs a fortune. There is no way to individually select several applications and pay a reasonable fee.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) and CorelDRAW

Its seamless integration with InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator
Moises S.

The most complete image editing software.

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

Photoshop has totally improved the quality of our designs, we have gone from using platforms like Canva to using Photoshop, the change has been very big. Our clients always demand original and professional designs, with Photoshop we have those designs.

Pros

We use this tool every day in the agency, the image editing results are 100% professional, I can add all the text fonts you need and make thousands of variations to sizes, shapes, colors. Without a doubt it is one of the best platforms we use.

Cons

I think it is a difficult software to use, it is extremely complete but you must learn how to use it first, it has so many functions that it is difficult to know how to use them all.

Glen W.

Adobe Photoshop is a must for business

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

I have been using Adobe Photoshop for well over 20 years. When I first starting using it, you had to purchase a one time license for it. This was quite expensive for the time. For the last several years they have been using a subscription model that comes with a free trial. I also like the fact that they have package options which bundle several Adobe products together so you can get everything you need in one stop. That being said, Adobe Photoshop is the best program of it's kind out there, but some of Adobe's other programs are still behind industry leaders. I also use Gimp from time to time and Blender. Gimp's interface is not good to say the least and although Blender is a very good program, you have to be an expert to use it.

Pros

* Works seamlessly with all Adobe Cloud programs
* Is the industry standard
* Has a free trial
* Has a monthly subscription which keeps costs down

Cons

* Can be a bit overwhelming for beginners
* Poor customer service in regards to billing issues

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop has a much better interface. Everything is in one place instead of having to go from screen to screen.
Diego V.

analysis software

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

It is the most used platform in our agency, the quality of images that we achieve, the graphic pieces and all the components and tools are very interesting when developing a job

Pros

For belonging to the Adobe house, recommendation and after the excellent trial period

Cons

In some cases the compatibility of imported files. It would be interesting to have a bank of free predesigned images, if they have it, I have not seen it in configurations

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Due to its wide variety of tools, the quality of its work, the variety of formats and the well-known parent company in advertising agencies, Adobe
Antone H.
  • Industry: Photography

Photoshop needed on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

Overall Photoshop is a mandatory standard for my business. My business would fail if it wasn't for photoshop. Love this app.

Pros

I love this app. I use this app for my photography and graphic designs. Once you learn this app I couldn't imagine using anything. There's too many features to name. All I can say if you are a visual creative this app is a must have.

Cons

One con is that this app can be intimidating at first. It looks more different to use then it is. Other than that an amazing app.

Luis M.
  • Industry: Design

The best software to the creativity

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

I have not had any problems with the program.

Access and synchronizing custom brushes, gradients and patterns on any computer is so beautiful.

Currently include information and tutorials to help new users. I would recommend this software because it works for illustrators, photographers and designers.

Pros

Now Adobe Photoshop is the best software to create beautiful graphics and photographys. It's perfect because you can make advanced picture adjustments, manipulate color, and fix perspectives.

In the latest versions, the "Neural Filters" option offers enhanced photos and increased creativity.

The best option is the easy sky replacement, i love this tool.

Cons

The high resource consumption of a computer makes it necessary to have a device that has the minimum requirements for it to work perfectly.

Saurabh S.

Best Photo Manipulation Software and More

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I really enjoy using Photoshop. My whole carrier is based on this software. I can't imagine my work without this software.

Pros

The versatility of this software is unmatched. Due to this very reason every professional prefer this tool as their main tool for designing graphics.

Cons

The features can be overwhelming for a new user. This software is packed to the gills with features.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is more widely used and Adobe is a company dedicated to its customers.
Leonardo D.
  • Industry: Design

Impressive with each version.

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

I have been using photoshop for over 12 years solving needs and problems of visual communication for different market segments. It is fundamental in the development of creative and effective solutions.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop surprises us with each new version. The latest version is very intuitive, fast, and easy to assimilate. One of the new features allows you to invite others to edit, which greatly streamlines the process of making changes to projects. It is difficult to choose just one resource, as there are several that do real miracles, such as "neural filters" that allow you to modify facial expressions through the software's advanced artificial intelligence. It is the best tool to use in the creative process and bring graphic pieces to life with excellence.

Cons

The software is so complete and allows us to give life to projects so cool that it is really difficult to find any defect.

Davide B.
  • Industry: Animation

Photoshop : the best in the industry, but it might be the tastiest.

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Personally, whether it's cropping backgrounds, coloring, or making photos for my videos, I've learned everything I need to know about professional photo editing here. It's also suitable for Pixel Art. In short, you get a little bit of everything with this program; all you have to do is study and work, and you'll be rewarded.

Pros

I still have a lot to learn from Photoshop in order to fully realize the full potential of this programm.
I am astonished at how little I need to know in order to create something that appears to be highly professional. One very positive point is that there are a lot of youtubers from whom you can learn and be inspired by watching tutorials. You can also learn by actually messing around and getting results naturally.

Cons

There are other software wich are both free and easy to use. You won't find as much content as you can in Photoshop, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing if you don't need to use an editing software on a daily basis for professional reasons.

Samir A.

Why i Choose Adobe Photoshop

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

When I first became interested in photo editing, I experimented with a variety of software that performs its own editing through filters. But none of them satisfied me as much as Photoshop did after I discovered it.
I used Photoshop cs6 as a novice, and I still use it. I'm not sure why I have a particular fondness for that version, maybe it's because it was the first version I used, and I've been using it for more than two years.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop is a technology that everybody uses, even those who have never heard of it! It's not about fixing mirror selfies for talented photographers who use Adobe Photoshop; it's about making beautiful photographs with subtle changes. This tool has enabled photographers to push the boundaries of photography and broaden their horizons.

Cons

Images (or parts of them) can't be scaled indefinitely, so you're stuck with pixels, it has to deal with rough and tough selections and files can be very large.
but with powerful pc u will not have any probleme with file size.

Ian L.

My Best tool for graphics related projects

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

I'm really satisfied with Photoshop, I really like using Photoshop with my work. It is the #1 tool in my workstation. It is very flexible since the PSD file is supported in other Adobe Software apps.

Pros

Photoshop is very powerful since you can edit graphics and make digital drawings as well. I also love the fact that you can convert you videos to GIF in photoshop. Also it's 3D mode setting is also good although it is not the smoothest experience I ever encounter. Adobe is making Photoshop better and better in each iteration per year. Like this year's Photoshop version we have an image enhancing integrated which is kinda cool since you don't need to use 3rd party software anymore to enhance the quality of the image.

Cons

Of course it's drawback sometimes especially if you have a low ram is it is laggy. 16GB and more RAM is really a recommended although 8GB is good from my experience but just don't expect smooth everytime experience.

Hendriek T.

Review Photoshop

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

i have been using adobe photoshop for about 3 years now, it helps me with many things with my job. i started using it from where i need to buy one time license and now in subscription mode which i think a bit pricey, but i would make the best of it anyway. i still think that photoshop is the best image manipulation software and i will keep using it.

Pros

This software could do almost anything and our imaginations are the limits.
I could make so many media for my job to promote healths, from banners, posters, flyers, book covers, to instagram posts.
Photoshop tools are amazing, from the simplest things like adding texts up to changing the image entirely.
The updates are amazing, i remember when we really have to master the use of pen tools to choose the things that we want to choose , but with the current updates, i could do that with only a click to select the subject.

Cons

The subscription mode now is a bit pricier.
it's often bundled with other apps that you might not need.
it doesn't do much if you want to do vector images, but i think that's adobe illustrator is for.
can be a little bit hard for begginer because they don't know where to start.

Cheikh omar N.

The most used image editing software i know

Reviewed on 08/08/2021

This software is just great as image editing software.
I was able to achieve a lot thanks to the infinite possibilities, and also allows the user to evolve quickly.
Photoshop has no limit when it comes to creation except your imagination.

Pros

The editing capabilities are endless, the color grading is present, the filters are professionally generated, the presence of the essential raw camera, an interface that can be customized at will, import and export options for several formats, possibilities to modify certain file types, has an interface for animation, the presence of 3d, the cloud library, in short, no limits with Photoshop.

Cons

Lifetime pro license not present, the possibilities in 3d are limited, sometimes eats too much ram.

Adnan H.
  • Industry: Banking

The best and Professional Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 09/05/2021

My overall experience with Adobe Photoshop is really professional, because I have edited a lot of images using the Adobe Photoshop. I really like the Sky Replacement feature in the latest version of the software. I really like the selection tools, pen tool and all other tools.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to design brochures, flyers, business cards and a lot of more things. You can edit your images from scratch to the advanced level. You can apply brightness, contrast, saturation and a lot of more adjustment layers. You can easily remove the background in your images.

Cons

I am honestly speaking, I never found any issues and cons during the use of this software. The software offers you so many incredible graphic features without cons and issues.

Chanaka A.
  • Industry: Design

Best raster graphic editing software

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Working as a Graphic designer / Editor I fell in love with photoshop and was able to be a better designer/ editor with this. Would recommend to anybody from beginner to advanced.

Pros

I love the customer support and updates given by Adobe. With each update I get more cool features. Such as select object, enhanced refine edge, new warp, and also content-aware fill.
Saves me lot of time and money from new features like this.
Also being able to import files from Illustrator is quite good.
And Adobe fonts and stock templates are great features I fell in love with.

Cons

The support to draw with pen tool is somewhat lacking and I would be happy if gradient tool is updated too. Also sometimes the files are too large when saved.

Vladimir azariel M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Photoshop is the best alternative if you're professional.

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

One of my two jobs is very close to image editing, so my boss gave me the photoshop license to work. In the beginning I had to read on many blogs and watch quite a few tutorials. After a lot of practice I began to see it as a friendlier software, you can achieve incredible results but investing hours in whatever you are editing.

Pros

Photoshop has it all because it was the pioneer in the image editing industry. Literally, you can do anything you can imagine within this software, it has excellent functions that other software began to replicate, such as the "Clone Plug" or the "Magic Eraser", things that were totally innovative in the past. Nowadays other software can offer similar functions for a lower price, but Photoshop gives you a professional interface, it gives you new options every day that cannot be replicated, it brings you closer to a community of editors, it gives you exclusivity!

Cons

Price is the first thing one starts to analyze when someone is going to buy a product, mainly when it is only an annual subscription, and for Photoshop it is quite expensive. I recommend this software only if you work as an editor, if you earn money from it, in this case it is worth it. If you are just starting out or are a hobbyist, this is not for you.

Mohammed S.

An amazing software with limitless offerings

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Photoshop is one of the few software that have made the successful overlap between my professional and personal lives. Using it either for fun with family projects or professionally to edit work related photos, has never disappointed. A top notch software by all standards.

Pros

The content aware fill feature has been my absolute favorite function with Photoshop. Within our line of work, consent is very critical. And sometimes, we get amazing pictures of our work in vulnerable communities that contain un-sharable imagery or people whose consent haven't been acquired. The content aware fill function allows us to beautifully remove all such elements without distorting the overall beauty or significantly distorting the entire image.

Cons

Working on texts in Photoshop are much less fun than working on images. I have always had to do the image work in Photoshop and then export to other programs to do proper text overlays easily. Also, I feel like there is a whole lot I still don't know even though I have been using it consistently over some time. Don't know if that's a minus for the program though.

Md. R.
  • Industry: Tobacco

The Amazing Graphic Optimizer

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

I have been using Adobe photoshop for many years and jave found this application very helpful.
I use this application primarily for photo editing and the best part is that Adobe photoshop regularly updates it.
Most importantly it’s easy to use and the best way to photographic optimization. I am totally satisfied with the features.

Pros

1. User-friendly and easy importing and exporting of different formats.
2. Efficient and vivid image editing.
3. Spectrum of different colors for background amd foreground.
4. Logo design, banner design etc for e-marketing.
5. Images with transparent background and availability of lots of fonts.

Cons

1. Takes a lot of RAM to run and requires more space when someone runs it.
2. Tools labelling can be better.

Abdelaali S.

Adobe Photoshopp

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

Great

Pros

It's good for Editing Picture and to create Logos, Flyers, Banners ... .
It does not need the Internet

Cons

It's not free you need pay for it .
it's a little bit difficult for beginner user

David E.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

My opinion on Adobe Photoshop

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

I have been using this software for over 30 years for all my graphic designs. This tool is adaptable to any type of project, I can modify everything and have end-to-end control over the client's needs. For professional use it remains the basic tool and preferably despite the competition.

Pros

By associating Photoshop with online platforms, I broadened my skill level in order to bring my clients original designs. I have never encountered borders with Photoshop which allowed me to let go of all my creativity.

Cons

This software is difficult to access for beginners, you have to spend time to be comfortable with the management of layers but after having "bypassed" this Photoshop introduction is complete.

Chineke D.

The Best Professional Editing Software

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Learning Photoshop was not an easy deal. I remember starting with CS4, practising every day.
But anyone who gives time to it will not have any regrets as it has a lot of similarities with other Adobe products. 3D, Photo editing, GIF, graphic designs.... name them, Photoshop give you to reproduce anything you can conceive in your mind, it relies on your creativity. All that is needed is to master the tools, and you are good to go.

Pros

Photoshop just has it all. Is it design, photo-editing, what do you want.
The latest versions of photoshop give you a variety of template size to choose from and start with.
Photoshop also integrates well with other Adobe products that I use, so its a plus for me all the way.

Cons

To say it isn't easy for beginners to learn to use Photoshop wouldn't be a con, what would you expect of highly professional software. Learning Photoshop takes a lot of time and practice. The price is the major con, if only they could give some features for free. It's not software one will buy for just quick edits or design, except you need it professionally.

Caleb H.

An invaluable tool

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Faster production of digital assets.

Pros

An invaluable tool for anyone who needs to digitally manipulate photographs or create simple marketing collateral. Relatively easy to use for basic needs, but with a great deal of depth to the programs capabilities, there's a lot to learn but it's the industry standard for a reason.

Cons

Price and subscription model, alongside sometimes inconsistent performance on mid-tier hardware.