Adobe Photoshop Reviews

4.3/5

Md Fateh Ali
Md Fateh Ali
  • Industry: Design

"In Photoshop, Sky is the limit."

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

Adobe Photoshop is still unbeatable photo editing software. Photoshop is one of the best creations of Adobe Company. It's the favorite image editing software for every professional designer. Easy to use for any new bee and you can create anything using your imagination. In Photoshop, Sky is the only limit.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has been the most used photo editing software for the longest time in the design field. It has plenty of pros that I can describe. The UI of Photoshop is absolutely incredible, and it has a wide variety of features and plugins. Edit photos and graphics it's easy and convenient. In image manipulation, Photoshop will introduce thousands of doors to the creative world. Selecting a subject and removing background from any image is 1 click away from getting a significant result. It has some crazy features like neuro filter, camera raw filter, sky replacement filter, and so on.

Cons

Definitely, Photoshop has some cons like its extreme resource hunter. If your PC configuration is up to date, then it's ok with you. Otherwise, it will take a while to open it, and if the file size is bigger, it will lag.

Also, the subscription to this software will be costly but comes out with significant results.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Adobe is more reliable, convenient, and resource full design software compared to others.
Nkululeko
Nkululeko
  • Industry: Graphic Design

It's Probably "Photoshopped" is What It Is. Why Choose Adobe Photoshop.

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

I designed my company logo, Shop Layout, Company Branding, Social Media Ads with Photoshop. I have used the software for 10 years now and it keep on getting better and better. Photoshop is the main design software my company uses for all clients' design jobs.

Pros

You can edit any image in each and every possible way. There is a huge tool menu that contains over 50+ tools and presets available for use. The 3D feature in Photoshop makes it easy to create 3D layers within the software. You can also create animations with Photoshop.

Cons

I cannot think of any offsets about this software.

Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I could not reach the desired results with any other software I had previously tried.

DrawPad and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is truly all-in-one photo manipulation and graphic design software by far. There's a popular saying that is "It's Photoshopped", meaning the way the image looks it must have been edited on photoshop based on the realistic editing and manipulation capabilities.
luis
  • Industry: Photography

Crash bandicoot

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

I've been using this software since it's very first steps. Overall is a pretty good tool for my job.

Cons

Photoshop 22.1.1 been crashing while opening heif / heic files on my macOS Mojave 10.14.6I, for months now - and after sending the so call "Report", it has NOT been fixed.
Its overpriced for all the bugs it's been having for the past 3 years.
I feel attached to Adobe after so many years of being a user, but now I'm considering other options.

Titiloye Boluwatife
Titiloye Boluwatife
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Adobe Photoshop - The Ultimate Creative Powerhouse!

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Pros

Adobe Photoshop is nothing short of a masterpiece in the world of digital creativity. If you're a professional designer, photographer, or anyone who demands the absolute best for image editing and design, Photoshop is the undisputed champion.

I've been using Photoshop for years, and it never ceases to amaze me with its capabilities. Whether you're retouching photos to perfection, creating stunning digital art, or designing eye-catching graphics, Photoshop provides the tools and features to make your vision a reality.

Cons

The user interface is highly intuitive, which makes it accessible for both beginners and seasoned professionals. The vast array of tools, filters, and effects is like having a limitless artistic palette at your fingertips. The layering system is pure genius, allowing for intricate and non-destructive editing.

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The most advanced Image editing tool ever used

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Photoshop helps to facilitate my web design profession as I can bring to life any idea. The fact that it's available in many languages makes it the perfect tool for graphic design or image editing. I strongly recommend Photoshop.

Pros

As a web designer, I've always been passionate about crafting designs that attract & captivate. Working with templates designed by others has always been unsatisfying as I often find missing qualities in these designs. I tested several image manipulation tools in the past and overall, Photoshop is my bestie.One of the paramount reasons Why I prefer Photoshop over other tools is its ease of use, versatility, and affordability. It's a great tool for both absolute beginners and advanced users. It can be used to accomplish almost any task (image manipulation).Since I started using Photoshop to make my own designs - I've experienced dramatic changes and satisfaction.Photoshop is the best image manipulation tool that I know. It enables me to work smoothly and gives a fine touch to my work. Additionally, It also enables me to work with multiple layers that support independent element manipulation.Furthermore, Advanced selection tools like the magic wand, quick selection, and pen tools help to accelerate my design work process through precise and intricate element selections. It's time-saving.Features like advanced retouching tools, camera raw, advanced color correction, smart filters, and others also help me to enhance design quality which makes me go crazy for fun.

Cons

The main features in Photoshop that need either improvements or adjustments are:- system requirement and memory usage. Since the release of the Creative Clouds versions, Photoshop system requirements have insanely increased. While this is normal, however, some users might find it hard to upgrade especially if their devices do not meet these requirements.Consequently, Adobe should consider minimizing or compressing resources that power up the programming technologies behind its software which will enable it to run smoothly on devices with standard memory capacities. I know it's achievable- highly cluttered user interface. Even though elements are well annotated in the UI however, some can be difficult to locate. For example, performing simple editing tasks in Photoshop like image cropping or resizing can be very challenging as these features aren't visible.

Annie Guo
Annie Guo
  • Industry: Media Production

Photoshop is still the best out there

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

I love it! I've been able to design flyers and ads, edit closed eyes, and resize photos for print. What I love is that you can find tutorials to help you do almost anything to a photo! Other users are happy to share their knowledge and experience. The software can feel intimidating but like everything else, you get better (and faster) with practice!

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has a gazillion useful tools/features if you learn how to use the software. Some of this takes time and getting better with each use. For example, one photo you might want to brighten the background and another photo you might want to crop around hair. With each photo edit, you can learn different tools. Photoshop is still the best photo editing software I've been able to find! I use it for work (editing a magazine) to personal use (editing photos of my family). Even simply making photos brighter is a huge difference!

Cons

I think editing photos and adding filters has gotten a little out of hand. For example "photoshopping" is its own verb/phrase now! Large media companies and celebrities are setting these trends of overediting. It's amazing and scary at the same time that Photoshop has so many tools to completely manipulate a photo.

Sketch, Magic Pixel and Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

It's the BEST and most well known product! It's also what most people in the design industry use.
Cushi
Cushi

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Adobe Photoshop Elements, Canva and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I have over a decade of experience using Photoshop, so when the opportunity came to reconsider my design solution, it was an easy choice. I prefer the interface over Affinity and with the technical limitations of Canva, it was clear that Photoshop would be the best bet for me going forward (although I do LOVE the idea of only paying for Affinity once... I might give that another shot...).
Alexander
  • Industry: Animation

Photoshop Most Amazing Photo & Graphics editing tool

Reviewed on 24/07/2023

Pros

Photoshop has countless awesome tools to make photo editing and graphics & design easy

Cons

Photoshop has alot of article fixes for most bugs I have no issues with this tool

Ilies

Adobe Photoshop ! Your photgraphy & design pal

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

it was perfectly awsome it's definitely my fav photography and design app

it was perfectly awsome it's definitely my fav photography and design app

Pros

the easy functions and features, m a big fan of the pen tool cuz i use it a lot and the fact that they made it very easy to use is definitely a plus for adobe

Cons

the price is pretty high for me as a graphic designer from africa

Amidou

My experience with Photoshop

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

It's been a good experience all through, the good sides are definitely more than the negative feedback

Pros

It's multiple functions to customise content as compared to other very limited softwares

Cons

At some point I had issues with text tool. Anytime I use it it converts all text to cursive regardless of the font type I use..it was quite annoying

Van McLean

Still the topnotch image editing software for graphic artists

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

You can basically do anything and everything with Photoshop. This is what I primarily use for marketing flyer creations from scratch.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to create your image from scratch and lets your imagination translate into an actual product/layout. It has the most comprehensive feature and shortcut keys are easy to remember for ease of working. Depends on the laptop that youre using as well, it loads faster and edits faster as it's very easy to switch from one function to another - and the toolbar on the left is also very accessible. On the recent Photoshop versions, you can create and save your own workspace which will allow you to choose only the most used icons and functions.

Cons

It has the tendency to eat up a lot of memory depend on your artwork. Photoshop would also require high computer requirements in order for the software to function well. These are very technical observations as the software itself is very great

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop gives you the flexibility to be creative and pick up whatever is in your mind. This is very user-friendly from the graphic artist's perspective. The Adobe Suite might be a bit expensive in general, but definitely worth it for the company.
Eero
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Top tool for image creation and editing

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I chose Photoshop because it has the best functionalities for photo editing. However, I still use Corel Painter for digital painting and sometimes Clip Studio too. GIMP was too weak when it comes to functionality and speed so I ditched it, hoping it will evolve in the future. CorelDraw didn't offer what Photoshop did. For vectors I ended up using Adobe Illustrator.
Sean
  • Industry: Design

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

Himanshu
Himanshu
  • Industry: Printing

Its my Daily Professional Friend who does everything which I command it.. Thank you

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

I can't say bad, but it's best as I said earlier few issues are there.. but they can solve it

Pros

It's the best photoshop editing software from 10 years in which I am contacted with Photoshop.. and let me tell you its second-best software that I love from Adobe.. first is Illustrator.

Cons

GIF which It exports comes Blurry and transparent edges are showing loot of unprofessional look..

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Illustrator can't work as best as Photoshop when it comes to Photo editing..

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop provided good support along with large community support.. they give updates every 3 months..
Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best in the field but also the most expensive

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

I have been using Photoshop since I was in my early teens and have learned all I know about design and photo manipulation in Photoshop. It is the best at what it does and it rarely, if ever, has any errors that would disturb the workflow. With that in mind, I can recommend it to industry professionals and hobbyists who can afford the pricy subscription.

Pros

Photoshop is the best photo manipulation software and the industry standard. The updates are frequent and introduce new functionality that improves the software.

Cons

Photoshop works on a subscription model and the subscription is on the pricier side. It is, though, bundled with other apps, but if you just want to use one, you can't.

Adriano
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Considering getting into Photoshop? Please read my review to see if it is worthy it your $.

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Whether I am creating ads or editing images for our website, or social media, Photoshop is an invaluable tool. Personally, I have used Photoshop to edit photos of my two children since they were born - memorializing beautifully those special moments of their lives. I also use Photoshop extensively for editing outdoor photography. As a resident of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I am 30 minutes away from beautiful lakes and mountains. Photoshop has not disappointed me in 20 years since my college days!

Pros

Photoshop is powerful. I can't think of something photo-editing-wise that you can not do with Photoshop. Having said that, what I like most is that if I don't know how to get something done, there are Adobe pro tips available everywhere. The knowledge base library is extensive and whether you are a beginner or a veteran user of the app, you never few stuck or unable to get to that next level.

Cons

The cost of using the product is prohibitive for most people. I guess adobe has a specific demographic in mind for Adobe Photoshop...

giselle
  • Industry: Design

must have software for editors!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

This software is very useful for me because I use it for graphic design, photography editions and digital draws so it helps in all the areas that my company works with.

Pros

theres so much information about how to use this software and the interface is very instinctive to use. Has a lot of compatibility with all the presets and templates in other platforms. The amount of tools that have is huge and is very useful for our company.

Cons

requires to know how to use the software because there is some specific functions that are not so easy no do but nothing that on internet can't solve.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

beacuse there's so much more free information on the internet about how to use this software so for my company is very convenient because saves time and money on personal training.
Meheli
  • Industry: Photography

Adobe Photoshop Review

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop?

That depends. Assuming you are searching for...

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop?

That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop.

It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too.

Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS

Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout.

Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort.

Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe Programs: Photoshop works agreeably with the other Adobe applications, incredible for makers who need to hop between programs.
For instance, a film editorial manager working in Premiere might have to alter a photograph still from a film. They could then leap to Photoshop, modifying, and completing the photograph. Every Adobe application dominates in its picked medium, making the full Creative Cloud suite a tool compartment available to you.

Fantastic Range of Features: You can do nearly anything in this application, from activity, 3D plan, photograph correcting, to considerably more. Photoshop has improved enormously and extended many devices to the forces to be reckoned with they are today.

Cons

Cons

Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework.

Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly for novices learning the application. While the component list is mind boggling, there will frequently be sets of instruments that creatives never contact, contingent upon their specialty.

Troublesome Learning Curve: Bouncing off the most recent point, Photoshop is a monster to learn. Indeed, even veterans should keep watching instructional exercises to stay aware of the new updates and get familiar with the new elements. The steady condition of learning can be a lot for certain clients.

Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ?

Reviewed on 06/03/2022

When I put the title ( Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ? ) , I'm not lying to you about it, from the experience of 7 years of using it, I put it to you in these sentences and words that are not enough to express the contents of Adobe Photoshop that have much more features.

Pros

Every time the new version dazzles us with features that the mind can not think of from imagination , because through the old versions, we didn't see the AI in the program as strong these days which saved us a lot of time as users .
It is necessary to point out that it is very easy to handle the program and learn quickly with little effort .
The fonts provided by Adobe Photoshop are very cool, I have not seen better than them in other programs in terms of types of fonts, so your design becomes much better than using other programs.
Proofing down to the smallest detail is one of the things I love about Adobe Photoshop, because you can change, delete, and add in a way the other party wouldn't believe without knowing that the images had changed.
I have to mention that 3D has become one of the most powerful features in Adobe Photoshop, you can not only use it in fonts, you also use it in images, which makes it stronger and more powerful.
The program made it easier for myself many problems that I encountered and I will face in the future, and I am sure that in the new versions there will be surprises that I will not be able to believe.

Cons

The only thing that distinguishes Adobe Lightroom from Adobe Photoshop is copy-and-paste to adjust colors with one button and groups of images at once
I wish Photoshop had this feature like Lightroom, because at that time the program would be complete and flawless.

Tina

Adobe Photoshop Rules in Photo Editing

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Adobe Photoshop is the top professional photo editing program on the market. There are lesser equipped free image editors such as GIMP for beginners. Adobe has also created smaller versions such as Photoshop Elements and Lightroom that are less expensive. There are thousands of plugins, brushes, and filters on the market that you may purchase to enhance the software. It is also a potential money maker once you learn it enough to teach or create plugins, brushes, and filters for it. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop’s initial release was in 1990. I have been using it for a couple of decades. The last ten years I have used it almost every day. The tools in Photoshop allows you to retouch photos, alter tints or colors, resize, reposition, mask, remove backgrounds, replace backgrounds, remove blemishes, as well as countless other projects. Adobe Photoshop easily integrates with other Adobe programs such as Premiere Pro and After Effects. There is a filter gallery that allows image manipulation using artistic, texture, sketch, distort and other filters. I often create extruded 3D graphics by using the blending options. There are infinite options.

Cons

Adobe Photoshop is more expensive than other programs, but it is more equipped. It can freeze your computer if you are working on too many images at one time. I’ve had ten photos open on my laptop and have had to limit it to three. Depending on your video card and RAM, an issue may develop until you close images or other programs. At some point you will have to upgrade your computer to keep up with the improvements that require more RAM and GBs to run.

Temitope

Adobe Photoshop: The Undeniable Leader in Photo Editing

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

I use Adobe Photoshop for photo editing at all times as it gives me the best result so far. It is easy to integrate with other business platforms I use for design works. I gladly recommend it to anyone aiming to achieve the best photo editing experience as long as he/she is ready to learn.

Pros

There is no rivalry with Adobe Photoshop by any other photo editing software. I have been working with and studying the tools in Photoshop for more than a decade and still getting to discover their various functionalities, even, more are still being introduced with each update. I especially like the innovations brought in in the aspect of artificial intelligence, intelligent object detection and sky replacement feature. Photoshop gives me room to express my creativity as much as I can, I can even change my pictures into a painting or merge different images together. I can also work across different systems remotely while also getting real-time support from colleagues when a variety of ideas are required on a project. The mobile app is another beautiful addition.

Cons

Photoshop can be overwhelming for those who are just starting out in photo editing and designs generally. The multilayer approach to the workspace can be more simplified and put together on the same workspace like CorelDraw. Photoshop files can also take a lot of space which makes file sharing a little clumsy. The developers should also work on the payment options as there is no room for a one-time license option.

Lina

Industry standard that is still a leader in the field

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

This program have been with me from the very begging of my career and is an absolute industry standard. I have learn so many ways to use Photoshop, and am fully proficient in it. But at the same time, it is funny to think that there are a lot of options I don't use or haven't learnt yet simply because my line of work does not require that. This program is so broad and versatile. It encourages creativity and problem solving, because there are so many different ways to get to the same result. Everyone has a different work style and Photoshop allows you to experiment and develop your own unique approach.

Pros

This is the first software from Adobe suit that I have learnt to use. I was a child when I decided to learn it, and all these years later I use it in my daily work life. My favourite features are how versatile this program is and the users range from amateur photographers to professional creative directors. It also works seamlessly with other Adobe programs like InDesign and Illustrator. I honestly cannot imagine my everyday work without Photoshop.

Cons

I like how they keep implementing updates and trying to improve the program, but a lot of times these updates change the old feature or replace it with something new. For example, recently "Export As" options were changed and the user can no longer manually adjust the percentage of quality to choose from. Now they included only a couple of options that go from "poor to excellent" quality. I think this is a step back as instead of having the options to choose from literally a hundred, it is now about 7.

Joe
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Love and Frustration: My Experience with Adobe Photoshop

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

Despite these drawbacks, I still believe that Photoshop is an essential tool for any photographer or graphic designer. Its range of features, flexibility, and seamless integration with other Adobe products make it a powerful asset for anyone working in the creative industries. I highly recommend Adobe Photoshop to anyone looking for a comprehensive, powerful image editing software program. Its user-friendly interface, flexibility, and seamless integration with other Adobe products make it a top choice for photographers, graphic designers, and other creative professionals.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Photoshop is its user-friendly interface. Despite the program's complexity, Adobe has done an excellent job of organizing the various tools and options in a way that makes sense and is easy to navigate. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced user, you can find the tools you need quickly and easily. Another feature I appreciate about Photoshop is its incredible flexibility. The program supports a wide range of file formats, including RAW files, and offers a wide range of customization options. Whether you're adjusting the color balance, exposure, or sharpness of an image, Photoshop gives you the power to create the exact look and feel you want. Finally, I love how easy it is to integrate Photoshop with other Adobe products, such as Lightroom and Illustrator. This seamless integration allows me to work efficiently and effectively across all my design projects.

Cons

Sure, here's a review of Adobe Photoshop based on your feedback:While I think Adobe Photoshop is an excellent image editing software program, there are a few things that I find frustrating about the program.One of the biggest drawbacks of Photoshop is its price. As a professional photographer and graphic designer, I need access to the full suite of Adobe products, including Photoshop. However, the cost of a Creative Cloud subscription can be a significant financial burden, especially for small businesses or individuals just starting. Another issue I've encountered with Photoshop is its complexity. While the program's user interface is generally easy to navigate, it can take a long time to learn all of the various tools and features available. Even after using the software for several years, I still discover new features that I was previously unaware of. Finally, while Photoshop does offer a wide range of customization options, the program can be slow and cumbersome when working with large files. Editing high-resolution images or large batches of files can be time-consuming and frustrating, even on a high-performance computer.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

The tool most used by every photographer.

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

Little to say: it's Photoshop.
the historical program with all its pros, its infinite functions,...

Little to say: it's Photoshop.
the historical program with all its pros, its infinite functions, its infinite bugs and that air that is always reassuring for those who have used it for decades.
Honestly, however, I do not think it is the best software for those who are looking out now.

Pros

Objectively, the most advanced software ever for photo editing. It is effective and precise in all its functions and updates, in recent years, no longer create problems in updates. Useful and interesting cloud integration and, above all, Adobe Fonts.

Cons

It's a hell of a tool. If you are a beginner it will take years to find and understand how all the functions work, it has an absurd cost when compared to competitors who still have good quality. Not to mention when it shuts down randomly due to bugs.

Affinity Photo

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

More used in photographic world
Sarah

One of my favorite software programs

Reviewed on 23/10/2021

Overall, Photoshop is one of my favorite programs to use and for a reason. The program has so many features that its competitors simply don't have from changing your text to watercolor to applying just the right action to an image and more.

Really, some of the only downsides to PS is one the price: the Adobe Suite can get pretty pricey and I personally miss the day when you could just buy the program outright without paying a monthly payment. Two: the ease of use. Photoshop isn't as user-friendly as some of the other design programs out there.

Pros

My favorite thing about Photoshop is that it handles complex tasks that other digital design software programs can't handle. You can apply a gradient just the way you like it, textures while masking off a subject, adding in styles and patterns for fun text and design effects, specific brushes for about every project you can think of, and PS actions...I only use those about every time I open the program!

I also like that Photoshop has updated their program to try to become more user-friendly by adding in short tutorials with words and with videos as well as adding in new features like sky replacement which is a huge time saver compared to your typical methods.

Cons

The customer support is still not the best. They're simply not as helpful as other software programs I use regularly.

Also, even though I appreciate PS adding in tutorials, I still find most Youtube tutorials to be better than the ones provided by PS. I love the direction they're going into to take a program that's considered to be more intermediate to advanced and breaking it down, but I feel like they could get better with this.