Really Simple Systems CRM

4.4/5
4.6/5

314 Software options

George A.

Its a Really Simple System, it really is!!

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Great!! I love it! does exactly what i need and I am only using the tip of the iceberg as far as its far reaching functionality. I couldnt manage my business without it.

Pros

I use this software everyday. I love the customisable customer data fields and search functions, which allow me to record customer information with an immediate snapshot of their current holdings, needs and contacts

Cons

I have no issues with RSS at all, I have only scratched the surface of what the product can do and need to invest some time into more of the automated services, like marketing and email campaigns etc. But with everything it is getting the time to delve into to these powerful tools!!

Frank L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Small start up business

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

Pros

The best features was the ease of use, value for money and customer support.

Cons

Could do with a more segmented costing to allow a small start up business quickly move up the features.

BigChange

Reasons for Switching to Really Simple Systems CRM

Easily explained and understood, free ctart up package.
Dominic W.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

RSS Review

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We are tracking opportunities and following engagement. Unfortunately, I am still having to use an excel spread sheet because I can't quite get the CRM to duplicate the spread sheet but this is a lack of skill using the system on my part and not a take on the RSS system.

Pros

Its very easy to use, quite intuitive in set up and implementation.

Cons

*After using other CRM software, the lack of ability to move opportunities between accounts when the main holder is no longer the main account. I don't think this is possible without some programming by RSS team. *Having the freedom to manipulate the set up like in Salesforce, where an internal programmer will set up exactly what I require. Do RSS's team do this?
*The display dashboard could be better, to have the ability to adjust the widgets to show what I want instead of a standardised return.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Really Simple Systems CRM

Different companies use different products.

Dynamics 365

It wasn't my decision!
Joy R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software is useful

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Overall experience has been very good and the customer service has been exceptional.

Pros

Ease of use, tracking and document storage

Cons

The overall face sheet for reporting needs some improvement.

Paul S.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The Best CRM System Out There!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Excellent!

Pros

Ease of use is very important to our organisation and RSS CRM scores very high in this regard. The system is also very intuitive to setup and edit on an as neede basis. The marketing and sales funnel tools are really helpful to the entire team.

Cons

Maybe the email integration could have been designed a little better and easier to use.

Debbie B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

RSS support is first class

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

The outstanding feature of RRS is their support team, who offer an absolutely excellent service. As a team, we are not particularly tech savvy, so having a support team who you can explain any issues or problems to and who just get on and fix things is such a bonus. No long wait times and things get fixed without any drama. I can't imagine any other provider offering such a great personal service.

Pros

The account pages are a simple set up and really easy to use and easy to customise with information relevant to your individual organisation. No trendy MS type chat boxes, just simple and easy to use records. We have found the customisable fields very useful. Automated email actvity tracking is a good feature, as is the integrated marketing module.

Cons

We were not able to integrate our phone system into the CRM too easily and unable to API AdobeSign into the system.

Troy M.

Really Simple is really simple. Which is really ideal!

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

As the owner, the manager, the sales rep, the customer service rep, in charge of returns, customer issues, I am the definition of jack of all trades. My business is just starting, but I realized it doesn't mean its not worthy of using quality software to help me save a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I was hesitant at first to go with any software because I kept saying to myself who needs management software when you are the only employee! But after getting some serial numbers mixed up with customers names one time... That was it! I needed help running my online business. I tried several different products. Started out using Team Viewer but then about fell out of my chair at the price. Used a Live Chat program for a while. But I cant always be at a desk waiting for that customer to hit the chat button. Then other CRM's were so bloated with stuff that just didn't make sense to my business. Then I spotted Really Simple Systems. The name is what got my foot in the door. I figured heck lets give it a try. So glad I did!

Pros

Has just enough information that its not redundant. I love the pay as you go approach. Instead of bogging us down with several hundred dollars worth of software we may never use, or even worse free versions that don't cover enough services to make you want to start using their products at all! I wanted a product that tells me what happened, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then continue to bug me if I haven't done it yet.

Cons

Would like to see more third party integrations. Now days it seems like almost every app, software, smart phone, computer, tablet, printer, etc connect to each other somehow.

Rod W.

Essential Software

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Overall we've had a reall good experience over 7 years and don't regret for a minute going with RSS. The few occasions we've used the support it's been good and the issues were resolved, and we tend not to think too much about RSS, but maybe that's the sign of a good system, it does what we need and is just there when we need it.

Pros

We have all our client and contact details together, we use the integrated email so it stores all incoming and outgoing mails providing a full record of conversations and data. Overall, this is a realtively inexpensive but critical part of the mangement of our business.

Cons

Sometimes the customisation seems a bit clunky, and whern adding in new clients and contacts there are lots of fields that we don't use. We probably could take those out but haven't because the customisation we don't find simple.

John M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Lives up to the label!

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

We've used this product for 9 years with minimal drama. It's the lynch pin of our business. The support team in Aus & the UK have been great to work with.

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive, minimal training required for new users, good support when required (not often!).
Easy access to your data, can be downloaded in seconds and analysed in excel/MS Access if the excellent report writer doesn't cover your query. Easy to create and distribute/manage EDM's. Far more flexible than Mailchimp.

Cons

I would like more control over screen layout.

Peter W.

Their software is great for my small business

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

Pros

I dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who was very helpful in the initial setup phase.

I have used it to adapt the paretto 80/20 theory across my client data base and also as a
time management saver and priority task planner.

Also use for billing follow ups and rating of clients according to my paretto rating theory!

Really Simple Systems was the last package i came across as all others i viewed did not have
the user friendly style of RSS.

Need to improve on how i use the reporting section but hope that comes with ongoing use of
the site.

With out doubt one of the best software packages i have ever used and also very cost effective
to implement . It has made my business more efficient and profitable too.

Cons

Nothing to note during my initial setup.

Steve R.

Perfectly suited to us as a small business

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

We use really simple sytems CRM for managing our client accounts and tracking opportunities for new sales. It works excellently and our team are very pleased with it

Pros

Really Simple Systems CRM works brilliantly for our business as it's quite to use and setup, but still has all the features we need. On the rare occasions when we've had to the use the support service the team have been very respoonsive

Cons

The ability to merge duplicate organisations would be very useful; instead you have to delete one and update the other

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Price and simplicity
Gemma D.
  • Industry: Maritime

Flexible system which is always evolving, with outstanding support

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

RSS helps up keep on top of our sales pipeline, we print reports for our weekly meetings. We also use the marketing module to communicate news with prospects and clients. Plus, our after sales team use the Tasks to monitor outstanding issues.

Pros

The system is customisable, integrates with our email and accounting software, and the support is outstanding.

Cons

It would be great if the email templates were a bit jazzier, like mailchimp.

Sophie P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

The Name Sums It Up

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

Fantastic. Easy to use and helpful support from RSS to resolve any requirements.

Pros

intuitive software that can be customised as a user level.

Cons

we do not have the resource to optimise all the functions - eg quoting from RSS.

Scott T.

CRM System that just works

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Really Simple Systems can be accessed by relevant team members. We can quickly find customer contact details and keep track of our interactions with them using the notes section.

Pros

Really Simple Systems loads quickly and is easy to use. Logging on is a quick process and customer information is easy to find. Having the master company account for each organisation we deal with and then the contacts for each organisation is ideal and easy to use. I would highly recommend Really Simple Systems as a great CRM.

Cons

Overall the software is very easy to use.

Melanie W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Does what it says on the tin!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

We have used this system for many years now, and I am very happy with it. All employees find it easy to use, it is very straightforward. From my point of view as administrator - it is easy to add employees as the company grows, it is very easy to train the employees and it is very easy to monitor.

Pros

Very simple but very effective. It is simple to add employees as the business grows. Very little training is required - which is important to me.

Cons

I am finding it hard to think of a negative - maybe could be slightly cheaper!

Phil M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Tiger Coatings

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

The ability to store all data in one place & to be able to run specific reports by market sector

Pros

Easy to use & gives all the detailed reports we require for our business & to be able to manipulate data.

Cons

The pdf reports I run are not sequential & have gaps on the various pages. ie a general report I run should only take up 4 or 5 pages, but actually runs over 10 pages with lots of gaps. I cannot see anywhere or how to adjust this in the setting

Linda B.

So nice, I'm using it twice

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

My previous job used Really Simple Systems, which was my first experience with using a CRM. I realized how much easier the CRM made my job. Sure, it takes time to enter information, but once it's there - I can access it from any device. I don't have to wonder what the receptionist's name is at the appointment I'm about to walk into. I just look it up. I like the way the tasks are presented each day. It organizes my time and my bits of information. At my current job, the company doesn't provide a CRM. I signed up for Sales Force, because I didn't think Really Simple Systems had plans for single users. After a few months of Sales Force, which I found cumbersome and just "too cute" - the whole thing is built around a camping theme - I went to the Really Simple Systems website and saw that YES, I could sign up as a solo user. It was a happy day. I immediately signed up and I'm so glad to be back.

Pros

It is so simple to use. I truly feel like the system was designed by people who do my job and know how to structure a CRM that flows naturally with my business.

Cons

The save button on CONTACTS seems misplaced to me. It's the only button of its kind on the accounts and I often forget to hit save before I exit that item.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Thanks for the great review! Let us know if you have any extra feedback. :)

Chris T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent Software for SME

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Loved it

Pros

The ability to enter and create data is simple and efficient.

Cons

The mobile version isn't particularly friendly.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Really Simple Systems CRM

More cost effective for what we needed
Marc C.

RSS- best value

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

We looked at other CRM systems but chose RSS because it appeared to be a simpler, easier way to start up and expand to additional features and far less expensive. We have not been disappointed. The system is more than enough for our needs. I would recommend anyone looking to install CRM look carefully at RSS.

Pros

Easy start up. Other systems recommend consulting services to install. Not needed with RSS
Easy to add features

Easy, simple and functions great.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Day to day planning of tasks, opportunity management, pipeline clarity.

Pros

I really like the ease of use, it has simple clear functionality and can be easily customised. Top class product and great value for money.

Cons

Mobile version could be better - a dedicated app would be good with quick updates available when out in the field.

• Industry: Human Resources

Good all round CRM software

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Good customer service. Good product. We don't use it to nearly anywhere it maximum capacity as still learning how to use different functions.

Pros

Logical, easy to use the account information and great at linking to Xero

Cons

If you don't use the marketing aspects every day, setting up mailshots sometimes needs refresher training

Debra S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent way of keeping our database up to date

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

Pros

We have remote workers who can update at any time. Next time I contact a customer I can clearly see who last spoke or emailed and what was said. Useful for the way we operate in our company.

Cons

Would like the software to be more sensitive when searching for accounts - similar to google. For example if I type in a company name -Really Simple and Systems - and I have it listed as Really Simple & Systems, the account cannot be located. Also when in an account then go back to the accounts listing you are taken back to beginning - it would be preferable to return to the account listing you were working on. Would like a little further advice on pulling off reports - did have a problem listing addresses on Excel for a mailmerge and the whole Excel had to be adjusted due to a 'quirk' in the software.

Helen C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Review of RSS

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Pros

This software is easy to use whether just as a database or to manage your sales and new business funnel.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind in terms of what I don't like; not least that I would have continued to use it for as long as I do!

Julian D.

Decent System - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Pros

Ability to configure the options available
Use online so easy to access
Reporting functions which can be customised

Cons

I use a scaled-back version of this and it does what I need. Nothing not to like

Leonard K.

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

We needed a CRM that was easy to use & didn't need £1,000's spent on consultancy before we could use it

Pros

It's simple, therefore the team use it.
Support is excellent

Cons

Nothing, it just works.
I have to type some more to fill in this box