Apptivo

CRM for managing customer accounts

4.4 /5 (555 reviews) Write a Review!

Sean C.

Decided to switch to something else

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Their software is decent, but they really seem to loathe their Starter Plan customers. The way they hack out features that they don't want available is sloppy, and makes it necessary to come up with ways to work around their intentional stumbling blocks.

Apptivo - If you don't want to offer a free product, don't. I got the hint, and I'm setting up PayPal Invoicing tonight.

Pros

I've been using their "Starter Plan" since 2012. It is good enough to get by, and it is free. I mostly use the invoicing module.

Cons

Certain settings in the starter plan don't make sense. For example, the e-mail template includes a link to paying online, but online payments aren't supported in the starter plan. Modifying the e-mail template to take that link out is also not supported in the starter plan. I could deal with all that, but now, after a year of using the recurring invoices feature, they suddenly stop working. The tech support person says I have to upgrade my plan to use that. But the settings pages all work, and my invoices are all just sitting there waiting.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Sean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We're glad that you enjoyed using Apptivo as a customer for many years. The Starter Plan is generally very limited compared to the other plans. We also upgraded versions since you first created an account with us. This might have caused some unexpected changes. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and will take your feedback to the appropriate teams to help improve our user experience. Thank you again for your feedback!

Daniel W.

Feature Rich

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Custom Training has been a journey taking us through implementation to make it most successful.

Pros

so versatile and easy to customize... we can change/update everything by ourselves.

Cons

I have not yet found something I do not like!

Michael A.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

General

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

Slow. Very pleased with how things work, but it took a little while to get used to the interface. Now that we have been using it for 3 months or so, it has everything we need all in one place.

Pros

The variety of features that cover Sales to Finance. The value of the apps that are offered fits perfectly into our organization.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find things. I think this will diminish as I use the product more. The biggest frustration is the integration with other products especially O365. I think I have the email down, but calendar is harder than it should be. Using OneDrive only connects to my personal account and I would like to be able to connect it to our O365 sharepoint folders instead.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with the value the apps bring to your company. We will collect this feedback on getting familiarized with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly to improve the process. Thank you, again!

Marcel O.

Very useful CRM, accessible from anywhere, good value for money

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Pros

The CRM functionality is intuitive to use. Not much setup is needed but still a lot of customization is possible. It can easily grow with the company and is accessible from anywhere. As a cloud based service you do not need to care about hardware, accessibility etc. Remarkable: There is an exceptionally responsive customer support. Overall very recommended for flexible startup companies.

Cons

While the CRM functionality is quite good the rest of the apps (like order management, invoicing, inventory etc.) are a bit limited in possibilities and use. As long as one is dealing within a single country this should be fine. As an international business with export to many countries there will be many compromises or workarounds. Especially regarding interaction with the customers (quotes, invoices etc.) the customization possibilities are very limited. From time to time new releases or features are deployed that can change appearance and functionality to the better or worse. While the response time of the customer support is better than anything else I have ever seen, the help with more sophisticated questions is often limited and needs long explanations. Fixing of bugs can take very long. Overall the software feels a bit slow.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Bryan M.

Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Replaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.

Pros

Apptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.

Cons

Additional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.

Marisela E.

Customer Support is very Responsive

Reviewed on 28/11/2016

Our business started Apptivo when we were quite small, and there were several issues with the program when we first began using them. The support at Apptivo is awesome, every time that we have a difficulty using any of the programs feature, they have gotten back to us within hours or sometimes days. The recent issue with using their Ledger App took a bit longer to resolve but we enthusiastically appreciate their dedication to resolving the issues, and how thoroughly they did resolve it.

The features we use most often include: Emailing Invoices and Estimates, keeping track of our Finances with their Ledger App, and keeping track of correspondence with Clients. There are some many other features to the program including tracking Inventory, tracking Accounts with Suppliers, and creating Projects with clients/collaborations with other professionals just to name a few.

I will continue to use and support the Apptivo program. They continue to grow and offer more features, clearer and efficient options for tracking the growth of our business as it continues to grow!

Pros

Easy to use features - Sending out invoices - Receiving payments and notifications - Receving Emails and Client feedback - Tracking client info - Reviewing, Updating, and tracking Inventory and Accounts Payables. There are many other features but these we use in general.

Cons

Some errors with Invoices through paypal that require the client to input the info more than once, especially when there is Updates to the program. This has happened on some occasions, but is no longer an issue that we experience.

Tara M.

Great way to track projects. A lot of features that can be customized for your specific...

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Being able to see any project at any given status at any time.

Pros

Being able to put numerous fields to retain all project information in several different formats. Ease of reporting by exporting data to excel and going from there. You only have to use what you need. Disabling certain apps prevents you and users with too much information. Great selection of apps to customize for each business. Really enjoy the product!

Cons

Invoicing is very basic. Not able to use it if you bill hourly. Not enough 1:1 support for highly complex project system setups. Need more reps to have access to custom care. Had pitfalls in reporting, but were addressed fairly quickly, but set us back as a company. Needing to double check items saved in the project you just updated, some data doesn't get saved on the first try. Not being made aware of when enhancements are made and what new features now exist. Reporting on specific users projects - needs ability to set priority is assigned roles and see those rankings constantly.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Olivier V.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great experience

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

We are a small & medium company located in Europe with subsidiaries in US and Asia. We were looking for a provider which could (1) allow each subsidiary to view each other's customers (to increase the lead generation); (2) enable us to standardize our data (previously we were entering data into Excel without proper format); (3) facilitate data analysis and (4) enable us to streamline and automatize as much as possible the process from price offer to invoicing.
After extensive research, we selected Apptivo for our CRM solution. Having to deal with lots of lists of companies from different countries, dealing with multiple currencies, it was not easy to find a CRM which is easy to use, affordable and yet can meet our demand. We have been using Apptivo for one year now and we are very happy with our choice. It was a necessary step to professionalize our business process.
There is probably much more we can do with the application which we haven't explore yet. We are now using CRM, HR, Suppliers, items and Invoicing app within Apptivo.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, great value for money, great support (very friendly and quick), easy to import/export your data back into Excel.

Cons

We found a few small glitches (no space between "Mr." and "Name" when exporting the fields; or one functionality in invoicing did not work), but the support team was very quick in fixing those.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Olivier!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to [email protected]
Thanks again!

Brett W.

If you need something customized to your business it doesn't get better!

Reviewed on 17/01/2021

This company is fantastic and a complete joy to work with. Very courteous and fast to correct issues as they arrive. Communication was fantastic.

Pros

The company does everything in their power to personalize your experience for your needs instead of trying to force your needs into their locked system. Very customizable and if they can't do what you need they will do what they can to implement it later.

Cons

A bit slow on page changes, updates, and downloads. They need a more robust system and servers.

Maha I.

New World Precious Metals

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

I believe Apptivo is an excellent software mainly because of it's capable, supportive and friendly customer service team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was truly professional in providing support and went above and beyond to be available (especially with the time zone difference of over 12 hours). We really appreciate his help and professionalism.
As well, another team member at Apptivo designed a background to go with our emails to clients that was very impressive and visually appealing. We appreciate her effort and her excellent work.

Pros

As a small financial business, New World PM primary objective was to obtain a CRM that allows client info management, ease of follow up on potential leads, and ease of use for the entire team.
At the time of writing this review, approximately one month of using Apptivo, we have managed to achieve the first two objectives successfully with a lot of help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Apptivo. Although Apptivo has a user-friendly interface, some of our team members have found some challenges accessing and/or modifying information. However, I am impressed with the master layout and how I can easily add or remove information fields as a super user.

Cons

However, the fact is that not all of my team members feel comfortable using the software is a bit discouraging. For example, not all brokers could access the full list of clients.

Personally, some items that I wish were different:
- Changing email templates.
- Changing the default overview of the Clients page. I attempted that, but the changes revert back to what the page looks like normally.
- As a super user, I changed permissions for brokers to be able to see all clients, but the changes did not take effect it seems.

Mary H.

Amazingly Flexible Small Business Solution with HIPAA Support

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

Apptivo is a powerful solution for my client. We were able to replace a legacy system of claims processing to include membership management, a secure membership portal and attach membership documents. Prior to Apptivo only our claims processes were automated. Everything else was done manually or stored on Google Docs.

What impressed me the most, was their ability to program new apps, implement HIPAA compliance programing features and other processes needed for my client.

The Services Project Manager and his team are incredible! They are very professional, learned our business needs, identified solutions, were highly flexible as we navigated through COVID-19, and are extremely patient. Always willing to educate the client to be more resourceful.

Pros

Functionality, flexibility, working with the Apptivo team to set up the software, ease of use for our portal members and pricing.

Cons

Most of our recommendations were supported by Apptivo. There is a bit of a cumbersome process in generating our member payments. However, this is partially due by our decision to not re-enter our claims for generating payments.

Brett L.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Perfect for any business

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

I have only used a handful of the features so far, however, I am happy with what I have, I was looking for a solution like this as I grow but don't have the resources to generate a custom solution. This was the perfect fit, it hosts all the information of expense reports, projects, invoicing, licensing, provider payments, staffing, etc. in one place to review so things don't get lost through the cracks.

Pros

You can find many CRM softwares, other project management softwares, and yet other accounting software. Apptivo brings all these features and more into one platform. While maybe not the easiest to use, it is due to the vast capabilities and customization features of the software. I don't have an IT staff and am an individual business owner but I was able to get everything set up for my professional services related business. I am extremely satisfied with the fast assistance by email, phone, and chat with the support staff, I couldn't have done it without them.

Cons

I wish the person completing the trial demonstration could also have done a very advanced customization demonstration or I could have schedueld that for the future. I attempted multiple times to customize apps myself and ended up duplicating features and the original feature was better than what I did in the first place.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Brett!
Thanks again!

Dean P.
  • Industry: Sports

Apptivo - plenty of features for sensible outlay

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

I have had a few issues but cannot fault the 24/7 chat support and they have always helped solve the issues I have encountered.

Pros

I wanted a CRM system that was able to do quotes and invoices. Apptivo ticks this box - other competitors can offer this but much more expensive and way out of budget for small company like mine.

Cons

Setting up templates for each app.
Only links to Office 365 and not MS Office 2019

Bill S.

Review of Support on 30 May 2019

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Apptivo is very powerful and better than most that I have seen

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were fantastic today. Very patient and helpful in helping me understand Apprivo and correct some issues that I had.

Cons

It is a little complicated. But, I will learn it.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review in your experience with two of our support team members. Thank you again!

Cole R.

I like using Apptivo better than my previous software salesforce, it is more intuitive.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I like that we can convert from estimates to invoices, it saves dual entry which for a salesperson is key. I am able to create these estimates very quickly and turnaround time is crucial for my customers.

Cons

I think it would be nice is apptivo made updates and releases/improvements to the software regularly and informed the users of this via a monthly email or newsletter. It is easy to get stuck in a rut of doing the same things in the system and I may not be getting all the functionality that the software has to offer.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We have started sending out newsletters as you requested and we hope you like it. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Kenneth N.

Exceptional Quality

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

This is the best fully customizable CRM solution we've used that integrates seamlessly with Outlook. The value for the money is exceptional.

Pros

For the price, I haven't found anything like this out there. It is EXTREMELY customizable and the variety of apps, many of which are part of the base service package, is unbelievable.

Cons

Every now and then, there are some quirky glitches but on the positive side, client services is always available via chat and they are extremely helpful.

Louis J.

Excellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Excellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update

Pros

Apptivo has so much included for a very fair price - Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Item Tracking, Customer Portal and so much more. The support is a live chat from within the CRM so it's so easy to raise an issue. It's generally reliable and easy to customise.

Cons

Sometimes can run slow during peak periods (US time) so can be slightly annoying. The GUI is good, but could use with updating.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Louis!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We are glad that you're happy with our support team and find Apptivo easy to customize. We are continuously trying to improve Apptivo and will collect this feedback to notify our teams. Again, thank you so much!

Kaleena F.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best Bang for Your Buck!

Reviewed on 18/01/2020

So far so good! I love the chat service that helps me with my questions immediately and how they send screenshots to direct you.

Pros

The best feature of Apptivo is that you can add many apps (within limits of the plan you selected) to have a customized feel to what you really need and not the excess features that you will not use and that clog up your dashboard.

Cons

Not enough standard/written documentation on what the features do, don't do, what they mean. Some are self-explanatory but others are not.

Bill C.

Apptivo Review

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Project manager for the migration from ACT was outstanding

Pros

Functionality

Cons

Email integration with Outlook - improvements are on the way

Tony S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great alternative to the big boys

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

We are able to standardize processes and share data easily.

Pros

The ability to setup some of the parameters myself in a method that is intuitive and make changes without having to pay someone to customize .

Cons

Some of the fields functions are vague, but the customer support is right there to explain quickly.

Rainer L.

Great experience so far. For my type of Business ideal

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

CRM System is very useful to Support a systematice sales process.

Pros

Possibility to tailor it to a specific Business, the functionality, Ease to Use, Layout, various search functions, etc.

Cons

- Opportunities section could be enhanced by beding able to create reports for a specific product. for example:
-Performance Report, Pipeline by Stage, Sales Funnel, 12 months Pipeline etc. not only for "All opportunies, but also for specified and pre-defined products

Elizabeth R.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

My experience with Apptivo is that it has allowed me and my team to become much more efficient in terms of quoting, tracking opportunities and leads and converting them into projects that we can support and manage. It allows us to collaborate without having to spend time together in person.

Pros

The technical support is fantastic! Having the chat option is critical and has been very helpful to me on many occasions!

Cons

We are a small business and don't find it to have limitations for our particular needs.

Mike C.

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

I can adapt it to my needs.

I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes.

We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live.

The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Mike,

The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes.

For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting.

We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible.

Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Chris L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

First time CRM user-great customer service

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

We purchased Apptivo to help with CRM and Project management. Once I get through with the initial set up (which has been no easy feat) I believe it will be a great asset.

Pros

Customer support / MS office integration/Price

Cons

MS office integration needs to be more robust

Gijs M.

Good software with excellent support

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Pros

Easy to use software. Highly customable.

Cons

A lot of possible options so some learning curve.