BEE Pro

The fastest, no-code email & landing page design suite.

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.9/5
4.7/5

87 Software options

Ian W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Easy, efficient, and robust. My favorite place to build emails

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

BEE Pro was a no brainer for us. It let us implement email in platform agnostic way with an editor that was on par or better than the native email builders (MailChimp, CC, SharpSpring, etc) we were using. The collaboration tools made working with my design team efficient and faster than before.

Most importantly the emails work in garbage email clients like Outlook without spending hours troubleshooting, which is a huge time saver.

Pros

Being able to save brand colors and fonts is invaluable when I’m hopping between clients. Little things like that make all the difference when selecting an email design platform.

Cons

When I first started using Bee the editor felt about one generation behind others like Mailchimp, however with the recent updates Bee meets and surpasses MC with its editors flexibility and ease of use.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the kind words, Ian. Great to hear that the brand-level settings have been helpful: that's an area that we definitely want to keep improving, so if there are other ways that we can make it more efficient for you to switch between clients and save time, please let us know. Thanks again for your feedback!

Sarah T.

Amazing product I’ve been using for years!

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

AMAZING! The detail and thoroughness of my work has been highly revered at work as well as my personal portfolio projects.

Pros

It’s front-end based, plus true constant updates to functions makes this software easier to use each time.

Cons

Only the background image is full width. I wish that an update could include for in-line image blocks to do the same.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for the kind words and for having been a customer for many years. In your review you indicated that the support you received wasn't stellar. If you have feedback for us there, please let us know. Thanks again!

Sergey C.

Handy template editor with flexible options for creating beautiful emails

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

My overall impression of BeePro is that it's a useful and really powerful tool for working with all types of email templates and a handy editor that greatly speeds up template creation and reduces the number of possible errors when creating templates.

I often coordinate the created templates with my clients, and BeePro helps me make changes to the templates quickly, according to the client's needs.

The ability to preview templates and reuse custom blocks created has greatly improved my work with templates and accelerated their creation.

BeePro lacks some speed and sometimes you may encounter Javascript errors in the editor, but they are promptly fixed by support.

Pros

The main advantages of BeePro, in my opinion:
1. It's easy to manage different types of templates for different types of clients.
2. Functional template editor with different content blocks, which are easy enough to adapt to customer requirements.
2.1 The editor is so flexible and visual that even a not entirely experienced user can work with it. I work mostly alone, but sometimes I pass the control of my account to a less experienced colleague, and he easily figured out the editor.
3. It is possible to save and reuse created custom blocks when creating other new templates.
3.1 You can look separately in the "Library" section of all my saved custom blocks and change any of them if necessary.
4. Flexible management of rows and sections - you can increase or decrease them directly in the editor, the function is relatively new, but it is very helpful in the work.
5. Quick preview of the template. You can see how the template will look on different devices - for me this is very critical.
6. Ability to send a test email of the created template without leaving the editor.
7. Very useful function of a quick view of the template structure

Cons

There are some things in BeePro that annoy me a bit:
1. The interface sometimes lags or freezes, especially when you work with a template for a long time.
1.1. The service needs to improve its speed. Currently the speed is average, possibly due to the effects of transition between pages and fairly heavy Javascript functions.
2. Sometimes, along with new features that appear in the editor, errors occur that reflect on previous features. I have had this happen 2 times. True support service quickly corrected the errors.
3. I noticed that autosave template in Firefox is not always correct, so I often manually save any changes just in case. I would also like that autosave mode could be configured independently.

Response from MailUp

Hey Sergey, thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review, highlighting both things that work well for you, and areas where we could do better. Rest assured that we have already passed your feedback to the product team, who will review it closely (and may follow up for more details, if you have time). Thanks again!!

Chad O.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Bee Pro is a game-changer.

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

AMAZING. Very easy, intuitive, and a total game-changer.

Pros

I use Bee multiple times every day Monday through Friday to make marketing emails for the art school that I work for as digital manager and it has become an invaluable tool for us, at this point. Bee integrates with Mailchimp seamlessly and the level of control and the number of options that Bee opened up for us after using just the Mailchimp email builder for years has changed the way we think about making emails entirely. It has really handy options and layouts that Mailchimp is missing. It is also priced very low, in my opinion, for the quality that you get. GREAT control over the mobile version of the emails that you are building. I cannot comment on customer service because I've never had to reach out to them for help. I've never had anything not work as it should.

Cons

There are ONLY two cons that I can think of for Bee and these may be something that a higher plan includes, I don't know. 1: Not an immense amount of font choices. (Still a decent selection but I would like to have more to play around with.) 2: Occasionally, an email I build in Bee will display differently in Mailchimp after it is exported. Very subtle, non-catastrophic differences like the text will be slightly wider and a word will drop to the next line when I don't intend for it. This is easily fixed by adjusting it in the Bee template though.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use, even for beginners

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It really helped us creating our email templates quickly and easily.
We tried the results in many different mail clients and they are always picture perfect.
We use it for every kind of communication: newsletters (internal and external), DEMs, various communications (e.g. invitations to events, feedback after events, etc.).

Pros

BEE Pro doesn't require programming skills, knowledge of html coding or similar.
It is based on drag'n drop and is easily learnable by someone with little or no skills (I taught it to one colleague who had absolutely no experience in managing or authoring content on the web/for the web).
I like the variety of templates and of layout/grid options.
Configuring every block is easy and has become even easier along the way, because the company added more and features to make the tool more flexible and customizable, while keeping it simple.

Cons

There should be ways to choose a template and bulk change some configurations (e.g. font sizes/styles, template palette) instead of having to work on every single block.
There should be more options for editing text, with regard to line spacing and letter spacing.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the suggestions on how to improve the product in terms of bulk changes & more control on text editing. We'll definitely pass those to the product team, but please reach out if you have more specific feedback on those areas. Thanks again!

Josh B.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Have had a really positive experience - it has saved us time and headache in creating great emails without worrying about them not displaying in 3rd party systems. The only time I needed to reach out to support, they immediately helped us, and solved the issue.

Pros

Two things: first, the ease of use - the software provides the ability to design some really amazing custom emails. Secondly, the code is always clean and never interferes with 3rd party email management systems. We have used it on a number of email sending systems and the designs we create in BEE Pro are always pixel perfect.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but it would be great to have some additional builder elements and customization options, but it really hasn't impacted or limited what we have designed to date.

Response from MailUp

Hey Josh, thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yes, we are totally committed to saving time and headaches. You will see more and more features come out this year in that direction. Like turning an email into a landing page with a click, or vice versa. If there are areas where you feel we're not true to that promise, please let us know. We want to hear about it. Thanks again!

Scott M.
  • Industry: Banking

You are so close

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Overall great. Again, with some small updates, you guys would own this space.

Pros

Ease of coding is great. Right now our TchStack is HubSpot, Instapage, Email on Acid etc. If you guys could warp a "good version" of the others, you would kill it.

Cons

Small stuff like if I chose 3 cols. I cannot put a divider in between 2 & 3 pf 2 PX. Small stuff but drives me NUTS.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for your support, Scott. We agree that there is big potential here :-) And thanks for sharing the fact that there are things that still drive you nuts. Apart from the one you already shared, if you have more, please reach out: that is exactly the feedback that we want to hear. Thanks again!

Michelle D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Game Changer

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

BeePro has been a complete game-changer for me. It is so easy to build and edit emails with BeePro. Hands down my favorite program.

Pros

Bee Pro is the easiest software to learn. Within minutes you are creating beautiful responsive emails.

Cons

Every issue that I've had with the software has been addressed in updates.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle! Very happy to hear not only that BEE Pro met your needs, but also that the frequent updates gradually addressed the issues that you were having with it. If there are things that still give you a headache, do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again!

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing Drag and Drop Builder

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

This software is amazing, you can create great emails in minutes (maybe a little more time at the beginning). You have a great library of templates to start with and they are amazing.

Pros

It is really easy to use, has the standard+ features you need to create a great email. I have been using this software for the past 2 years to create emails and it is a great solution. It is always improving, I have seen some many changes in the past years.

Cons

As a front end developer there are some things that can’t be done in the editor, but you can always export and modify the code afterwards.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the positive feedback, Daniel. Great to hear you liked the improvements we shipped this year!

Genevieve B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

My Favorite Tool

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

BeePro has made my job so much easier. I was worried that I would be overwhelmed by tasks that include editing HTML and CSS coding.

Pros

I do not know how to write HTML or CSS. With BeePro, I have been able to piece together how to edit our system's email template - raising our email quality drastically. It is my go-to for all emails' designs!

Cons

It's not their fault...but I cannot get the background images to load on outlook at all. If that could be fixed, then BeePro would be perfect

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Genevieve, great to hear that BEE Pro's no-code approach has helped you! And you can rest assured that we will continue to invest in better & better Outlook compatibility.

Steve M.
  • Industry: Design

Great for designers with little coding knowledge

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

I'm cutting the cost of paying a developer to code the email.

Pros

I love having full control of designing a HTML email and then building it with ease in BeePro knowing that it will look and perform how I want it to. Usually I rely on a developer to undertake the coding process but now I can deliver the job from start to finish.

Cons

None! I've only benefited greatly from using this software.

Erik S.

Everything we need

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

We do a lot of work in the email space and needed something that allowed us to quickly craft and send HTML emails and allow for responsive/mobile customization. This checked every box for us plus some. Each new iteration that comes out continues to improve upon what Bee can do. All in all, this has been a very good experience for us.

Pros

Bee is super easy to use and has saved us countless hours of work. The ability to craft both a desktop and responsive/mobile version of our emails is crucial. And it just keeps getting better and better. Super impressed.

Cons

I honestly have nothing to share here. 🤷‍♂️

Response from MailUp

Hey Erik, great to hear that recent product improvements were well received! You will continue to see improved functionality come out this year, both for emails and for landing pages. If there's any area where we're not helping you get the job done, don't hesitate to let us know!

Kim G.

Just what we needed for email design

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Pros

Very easy to start using and great for sharing templates across multiple email designers.

Cons

Sometimes the drag and drop functionality can switch too quickly or menus will cover up areas of the email you need to edit.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kim. With regard to the menu that at times covers up areas of the email (or landing page), you are probably referring to the text editor's toolbar, and is indeed a pain in the neck. Fortunately, help is on the way: there is an update coming out very soon (mid-May) to address that, as part of overall improvements to the text editor. We hope that it will address the issue for you. Never hesitate to contact us if you have more product feedback. Thanks again!!

Derek K.

Automation needs at an agency

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

We love the program and will continue to use and suggest it.

Pros

We love how easy it is to export the HTML code.

Cons

Preview mode and test send sometimes show block backgrounds bleeding out of their container. However, we have only had this issue in preview and test occasionally, and not in actual sends. A disclaimer shows at the top in the test send that mentions some display differences in tests, however, this can side track a client.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Derek, thanks for the kind words! And thanks for your feedback on how backgrounds behave in the preview & test send. We'll pass that on to the Product team.

Ankita S.

A consistent user and happy with the tool

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Overall, BEE PRO has helped in delivering newsletters, offer related emailers, illustrations, e-greetings and many more such things with complete ease. The TAT to do these things has drastically come down with the Bee PRO tool. Really thankful

Pros

The built in templates - it saves a lot of UI/UX time and helps to deliver emails really fast.

Cons

The limitation to make folders and organise the stuff. Also the subjectline is not part of the design.

Cordell C.
  • Industry: Insurance

LOVE BeePro -- It's the easiest way to create Emails

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Pros

Honestly, I was so tired of using crappy design software for emails. I couldn't customize things without knowing HTML which wasted so much time and money for our developers to help us out with. It is a no-brainer if you want to design fully customizable Emails without knowing code.

Cons

I only wish it would integrate within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. If this was a feature, then it would hands down save us more time. But to be honest, it isn't too hard to manually pull into salesforce -- the copy HTML function really makes it easy to understand.

Figma and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

It was exactly what we needed for custom email designing.
Alex M.

Best email design product I've used to date.

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

It allows the most basic of member of my team to create emails with ease.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and export emails.

Cons

Wish they had a direct integration with Marketo but exporting and copying into Marketo isn't difficult.

Response from MailUp Group

Hey Alex, thanks so much for the kind words! As for Marketo, we do get a lot of requests, so it might be something to look more into in 2021. Please reach out if you have specific suggestions or requirements on that front. Thanks again!

Xavier F.

Great Job ! really

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

Great experience, I've contacted the support only once and the answer was clear and simple and I had no other reason to complain, great editor

Pros

Easy to use, constent improvement. It allows me to make really nice Emails with drag and drop and it's almost perfect on every web client (only Outlook is not always working)

Cons

Honnestly, I don't see a think to say here, it's way cheaper than other editor such as Dartagnan but have only a few less features

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Price

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Better rendering

Response from MailUp Group

Hey Xavier, great to hear that you like BEE Pro, and that you've also had a good experience with our support team. They'll love to hear that!

Scott P.

Vetted many similar products and this was the one.

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

BeePro helps me be more productive, working faster and better. Really happy with my choice to go with BeePro over other products.

Pros

Great interface, easy to use. I am able to use it to create emails how I want them, with features I didn't find in other editors. I am able to work more quickly with the Bee editor. I import my emails into Constant Contact, because their editor was too limiting and too slow.

Cons

Would like easy access to the code so I could customize right there in the editor if needed, such as changing the default vertical-align:top to bottom.

Response from MailUp Group

Hey Scott, thanks for sharing your thoughts on using BEE Pro with Constant Contact. Great to hear that overall the experience has been a good one, and thanks for the feedback on vertical alignment. We don't have plans to provide access to the code (we're sticking to a no-code editing environment in BEE Pro), but providing more control on vertical alignment is something that we will likely look into as it's been asked already many times. Thanks again!

Natalia D.

The tool that makes email marketing easy

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

My general impression of BEE is positive as it cuts my designing time and helps me stay creative. It has its small issues (like the one with autosave), but it's the most convenient and affordable tool that I used so far

Pros

The tool is easy to use due to the user-friendly interface. I love the ability to organize and keep my email designs in separate projects (as I create a lot of different campaigns and BEE helps me keep it clean).

Moreover, they have looots of templates where I get my inspiration (and sometimes save some elements from the templates to use in my designs - it saves my time as I don't try to imitate but use the ready-made element). All you have to do is to enter the words like "newsletter" or "welcome" and you get numerous options to choose from.

Cons

I really need the round corner functionality (to make the corners of the blocks smoother, I need to go to Figma, create a top and the bottom with the round corners, and then insert it as images - but it works badly for devices with dark modes (if the user uses dark mode - he/she gets email where the block changes the color accordingly but the top and the bottom images with round corners don't and it looks pretty bad).

One more thing that sometimes annoys me is the Autosave functionality (I always save any changes I make, but when I get back to the edited email, it offers me to restore autosaved version (which may be the older version), so you really need to be careful with that as autosaved is not always the freshest version so you may lose the changes you've made and saved (!). I haven't found the function where I can see the editing history, and in case of trouble with autosave, that'd be good just to open the history and roll back to the version you need.

Eric C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The easiest email editor compatible with everything

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of use with BeePro. They eliminate the time it takes to learn the software by making it intuitive and user-friendly. The .zip and .html files are accurate and transfer to other email softwares quickly. Would recommend BeePro for any single user or team.

Cons

I have no current complaints about this product. I've used it for a year and love it. Maybe they can eventually turn into a software that deploys campaigns as well.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the kind words, Eric! No immediate plans to allow you to send an email campaign directly from BEE Pro, but we will continue to invest in making the integration with sending systems as seamless as possible. Thanks again!

Milton C.

The little email editor that could

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Pros

The amount of features and the ease of use for non-technical users is what sold me on the platform.

Cons

The code is still a bit too large and I've hit the 102kb limit on Gmail and have had some messages cut off because of it.

Response from MailUp

Hey Milton, thanks for the positive feedback on the design features, and for pointing out the Gmail clipping issue. You are absolutely right that the overall size of the HTML can be too large at times, and we are very hard at work on that. In early tests, the results are very, very encouraging (substantial reduction in the HTML output, sometimes even 50% lighter). We're testing heavily due to the critical nature of that update, but hope to release it in the early part of the summer. Thanks again for your feedback on this!

Daniel C.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

SGO review of Bee Pro

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

wonderful

Pros

Ease of use. feature flexibility. design tool (drag / drop) makes it super easy to creat emails quickly!

Cons

Have you thought about offering a website design tool as well? Could be just like the email design tool, except for website layout and content. When you hit "save" and "export HTML" you can have a file that then can be uploaded to our server as a finished web page -- without all the hassle of HTML coding. I would definitely go for something like that!

Response from MailUp Group

Hey Daniel, thanks for the positive feedback. With regard to website design, BEE Pro is indeed becoming a landing page editor too. You can sign up for the BETA program right now (https://mailupgroup.typeform.com/to/Xo6tj6tB), and we'll go out of BETA in 2021. It'll be great to have your thoughts on that once you've kicked the tires. Check it out!

Chukwuemeka A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An amazing template builder

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

Pros

its one of the most simplest software in the market. love the adaptive feel of our newsletters on mobile. dev support is really good.

Cons

Not being able to integrate it to my current email marketing application

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Less coding, more design
Matthew G.

Best I have used

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Fantastic. I do not see my moving away from Bee any time soon as I haven't see anything comparable.

Pros

Simply put, it does exactly what you need with a great interface and feature set. It makes the complexity of proper email design simple and efficient. Constantly improving and getting even better!

Cons

My only gripe would be the test email feature that requires me to manually enter my email every time.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for positive feedback, Matthew! With regard to the Send a Test feature, it should indeed remember the last email you used for testing. Could you please open a support request, so that we can look more into the specific OS/browser combination that you are using? Thank you!!