LMS with standards-based learning tools for K-12 educators

61 Software options

Jennifer M.

Insight Financials

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

I love the ease of use and the customer service is outstanding. I love that all updates are done automatically.

Cons

Not able to print screen unless it's a report

Jeanne S.

Excellent Standards-Based Grading System

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

They are typically very responsive when we need support and have included many updates we have asked for over the years.

Pros

This is one of a few grading programs that actually allow standards-based grading to be entered into the system in a logical and meaningful way.

Cons

Some of the coding needs to be updated. There are very outdated systems still in place within the program.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for your feedback on our industry-leading standards-based learning tools. We take great pride in going the extra mile building capabilities based on the research while listening to user input on workflow usability. To that end, we do have the classic tech company challenge of adding new code. It is never-ending to keep up with the latest. Fortunately, as a cloud provider, we provide updates every week to the product based on feedback from our clients. If you haven't yet, feel free to provide feedback from the menu at Help > Feedback for your requests. Alternatively, you can reach out to customer support at [email protected] Thanks again!!!

Jennifer K.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

We have used TeacherEase for many years. As I stated, we do enjoy using the features that work for our school district, but navigating around needs to be simplified, there is just way to much clicking around. I have also noticed that customer service used to be hands down the fastest and best service, but lately they have been far from. We have waited anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes to speak to support. The people that we have spoke to continue to be very knowledgeable and understanding but one representative in particular may need to put his "advance knowledge" behind him and try to actually listen to the customer first without belittling our questions and cutting us off when we are trying to explain our needs. We have high hopes for the upcoming year, and hope that the wait times for support, (in time) get better. Thank you for all that you do to help our school district and other school districts.

Pros

We do enjoy using the features that work for our school district.

Cons

Having a lot of options is great, but navigating around should be simplified.

Tiffany L.

Teacherease

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Overall, things have been great, very smooth transition and the updates are wonderful!

Pros

Once setup, the software is very user friendly. I have been using this software for about 14 years and I like many of the features. They try to keep updating things that are needed for reporting etc. The custom reports feature comes in very handy depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

Cons

I think the on-line registration could be improved and the fee portion when you have fees that rollover from the previous year.

Connor K.

Best grade book and teaching system

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Pros

I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making!

Cons

Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field.

Bonnie K.

SchoolInsight Financial Software

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Good. We were assigned one support representative. The conversion went fairly well. The product is fairly new and needed some improvements, however, our support representative & development team have been very patient & responsive to suggestions for improvements. With their continued support and improvements, I am confident the financial software will measure up to our high standards.

Pros

Web-based software. SchoolInsight personnel perform all updates.

Cons

New software that needed several updates.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for being a valuable trailblazing user and partner of our new SchoolInsight Financials system. I am glad you are happy with the level of support you are receiving. We appreciate your feedback and collaboration in making our system better. Feel free to continue to provide us your feedback at [email protected]

Jennifer D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Not user friendly

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

It’s been a horrible experience. Makes me want to give up and is so frustrating that it breaks you.

Incredibly hard to explain to parents what they are looking at in gradebook. You end up just showing them your own spreadsheet with students grades and progress. Very overwhelming. Does not interface with google classroom easily at all.

Pros

The graphics are visually appealing, does offer a lot of different things you should be able to use but not easy to get to.

Cons

It isn’t user friendly-you can’t duplicate assignments. The layout of the Gradebook is complicated to understand and explain to parents. You have to put each assignment in individually instead of being able to copy across all classes and schools. Takes way too many clicks to find anything or be able to do anything. Needs a complete interface, coding, and layout overhaul. Good luck trying to find anything easily and settings constantly reset so you have to start over often.

Does not interface with google classroom easily.

Susan B.

DePUe Schools

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Ok- would like features of Skyward.

Pros

Ease of use for teachers, admin, parents, and students.

Cons

Inability to customize reports & do student self-reporting. Also would like to be able to have editable forms included for registration.

Response from Common Goal Systems

I'm glad to read that TeacherEase is easy to use for staff, parents, and students. Please email us your reporting and registration feedback. Our development plans include an upgrade to the Online Registration and we would love to read your feedback at [email protected]

Shannon R.

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

TeacherEase is a very easy to use program

Pros

Very user friendly and just all around quick to figure out how to navigate!

Cons

Sometimes things will just manually default and you have to go back in and change certain things.

Janette S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Standards-based Grading Platform

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Overall, customer service is excellent and responsive to the needs of the customer. Training videos are included for all of the components of the program.

Pros

Ease of managing platform at the school level; user friendly for teachers; easy access to the information for parents

Cons

When we transitioned to standards-based grading, the services were not quite as developed as the traditional grading scale

Michelle V.

Teacherease use in a school

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.

Pros

Teacherease is easy to use. It has many great features and is always updating to meet the school's needs as it pertains to state reports and requirements. They did a great job of adapting when COVID hit and completely changed the daily functions and operations of the school setting. Another strong feature is the communication ease with families.

Cons

There are some limitations with reports. Users are the best input for what could be helpful and our input is always accepted. However, sometimes they change things and it isn't always for the better.

Kris G.

TeacherEase User

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

I find it relatively easy to use. I would love an assignment view. Currently the only view is from the standpoint of competencies.

Pros

It is easy to navigate through assignments, students, and competencies.

Cons

Our use is slightly different than others. It has been a bit of challenge to get the product set up the way we want it. This is mostly in grade calculation.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for your review. We love your unique use of TeacherEase since you are a CBE school. We strive to be the leader in CBE and standards-based learning. Your calculation methods are not your typical recommended SBL/CBE mathematical models such as Power Law, Decaying Weight, Mode/Median/Average of Recent Scores and more that are out-of-the-box with TeacherEase. To address your complex needs (and others with very specific calculation requirements), we enhanced our standards-based grading with logic-rules and more grade calculation options - https://www.teacherease.com/app/news/article/Logic-Rules-for-Grade-Calculation-in-Competency-based-Education-CBE

As for the assignment view, you can see it by going to Gradebook > Assignments. Feel free to contact support at [email protected] to help you with that feature.

Thanks again!

Laura M.

I like TeacherEase!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I've used it exclusively through my school setting so I'm not sure how it would work outside of the education realm. I do feel it works well in a school and would recommend it to others to use.

Pros

Once I learned the ins and outs of the program it became very easy to use. I like that you can have the icons right on the main screen for quick access. I also like how the gradebook automatically calculates the child's overall scores for their report card. This is especially nice since we are using Standard Based Grades. In our previous program, we had to do it ourselves. Overall, I feel like the program is user friendly and with a little training easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there was a way of tracking whether a parent is seeing our emails. I wish there was a time or date stamp to see when the parent looked at the email we sent. It would also be nice to be able to delay a message being sent for the future. Being a teacher using this, sometimes I forget to send an email when I need to and it would be nice to write it up when I am thinking about it and set it to send out later.

Jason T.

Teacherease Pro & Con

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Great experience and cost effective for all users

Pros

Superior customer support and help desk with topics to be researched without calling a representative, seamless student information management that has evolved as user needs evolve

Cons

Inability to use certain features across all devices

Stella W.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

TeacherEase has been great for our district. The company consistently has webinars and also has a knowledge base to help. I have truly made TeacherEase my skill set.

Pros

This software is easy to use and is parent/student friendly. I also like the fact that when there is a problem, talking to customer support is amazing. TeacherEase backs its product.

Cons

Updates are not always noticeable until you get an error message for completely something one way and it has been changed.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for relying on our products and our support to aid your TeacherEase experience. Feel free to email question or report any issues to [email protected]

Jackie G.

Using TeacherEase

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Overall I have been pleased.

Pros

I like having the gradebook, report cards, lesson plans all in one place.

Cons

I do not like how when I'm inputting lessons plans if I leave it times out and I loose my lesson plan and have to start over.

Response from Common Goal Systems

I am so glad you like the grade book tools in one place. As for time out, you can change the default timeout time of 65 minutes to wait before automatically logging out by go to Account > My Account and edit in the general settings. For any other questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Laura M.

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

I would say it has mostly been a positive experience. Support is great!

Pros

It is fairly simple to navigate. We use it for many things such as: attendance, student demographics, registration, report cards, etc. Really nice that all of these things are on one site.

Cons

Not always clear how to edit certain sections.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for your positive feedback of SchoolInsight. Feel free to email us any questions and training needs at [email protected]

Amanda B.

Teacher Ease great SIS for small schools

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It was easy for our admin, tech, and teachers to use. Who can say that?

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, very similar to some larger companies but at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives at this time.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Thank you for your positive feedback about TeacherEase and how easy it is to use. Feel free to email any questions to [email protected]

Gina M.

TeacherEase review

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It is serving our needs well at this time. We are standard based in our school and it works well for that.

Pros

It meshes with Infinite Campus easily. Grading initially is easy to do.

Cons

That it does not update the rosters and personal data if a change is made in Infinite Campus. You have to manually remove old contacts from the students list if they change.
When an assignment is updated (with a grade either manually or thru Google Classroom) the missing tag has to be manually removed.

Matt B.

Excellent SIS system

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Our Diocese has adopted this program

Pros

It is very easy to use by parents. Keeping parents informed is a major plus. We now send no paper report cards home. All are available when a parent logs in.

Cons

You can only send an email to groups. You can not send to one person through the system. Texting would also be a great addition

Rachel P.

Good

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

This is a great program and allows for tracking records as well as easy up uploading information to the state.

Pros

The help desk is always available. It is pretty user friendly.

Cons

We are a small school and could use some features that are not available.

Response from Common Goal Systems

I am glad to read about your positive support and software experiences. Feel free to email your feature requests to [email protected] Many features we built in TeacherEase come from requests reported by our customers, and we would love to study your feedback.

Lisa C.

Fantastic

Pros

So easy to navigate throughout the entire program for cafeteria use.

Cons

There isn’t anything negative that comes to mind.

Response from Common Goal Systems

I'm glad the TeacherEase Lunch module works so well for your school's cafeteria.
Feel free to email us any questions at [email protected]

Shelly M.

Good and Bad

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

I find this system fairly simple to use/staightforward.

Cons

We REALLY need to be able to click on a parent's email and be able to go immediately to writing an email. It takes a long time going back and forth between TE and email.

Brett F.

TeacherEase for a Small School

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

The product is easy to use, and it is very user friendly. Teachers are able to easily enter assignments and grades in addition to attendance. The parent portal is great for the families as well.

Cons

There are a lot of back end reports that we need for the state of CT that we cannot run. Additionally, TeacherEase does not support exporting data to Excel.

Nicole P.

Bookkeeper review

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

From my standpoint, it seems to work good for what we need it for.

Pros

I don't use the software much, but we did recently set it up to accept credit card payments and that was very simple and is really easy to use.

Cons

I have trouble getting the reports that I need, but it's probably only because I don't do it a lot and I've never actually been shown (or have never asked to be shown) how to use it to get reports.

Response from Common Goal Systems

I'm glad you like how easy it is to setup of Online Payments in TeacherEase. Feel free to email us any questions about reconciling bank statements with online payments at [email protected]