GoTo Meeting

4.5 (9,850)
Online meeting software with HD video conferencing

(9,850)

Mansi
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

About GoTo meeting

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Overall experience is much good
through it currently they have shifted infinite chat to limited chat option
The connectivity of audio and video is excellent
some users may face problem as I faced with my older laptop which was 7 years old
so yes, I think hardware configuration also affects

Pros

The most I like is quality and no delay in video and audio while the meeting
real time screen sharing with flexibility of what to share adds on it
Recording can also be done very smoothly
The interface is also very easy to learn and interact with

Cons

There is nothing as such to dislike about the GoTo software as of now
Yes, one thing to dislike on minority is to have stable connection
you cant roam around and have the meeting smoothly
some delays in downloading is okay but not while meetings
Another thing if I point is some features to be enabled are allowed only for premium accounts

Kinna Darlene
  • Industry: Automotive

Useful and reliable!

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

All of my staff loved using gotomeeting and it helped us tremendously after we started working from home.
If you're looking for reliable video conferencing with many features and options this is the product for you, but be prepared to pay for it.

Pros

For this class of software it's top of the line. There are a lot of controls and settings, custom options as well.
Gotomeeting always functions as expected and I have not experienced any issues. It is easier to host large meetings with this than with its competitors, its also easier to set ul once youre accustomed to using it.

Cons

I did not like the cost of the premium features and at first it was difficult to use. I had to really sit down and explore the product and practice using it.
I would've liked a better walk through or introduction.

TeamViewer, Microsoft Teams and Adobe Connect

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

Zoom was difficult to use from a mobile device and certian PCs. Not reliable and very time consuming.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

I was assured by my friends and colleagues that this was the best available product
  • Industry: Legal Services

Virtual Meetings during COVID

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Pros

I like the scheduling capabilities and the ability to lock meetings in progress. Also like that you can automatically save the chat as a download upon closing.

Cons

The software has been buggy. Teams having issues with audio and video not connecting or receiving notifications of the built-in devices failing in the platform. Not as reliable in functionality as other virtual meeting options.

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My favorite online meeting platform!

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

I enjoy using this GoTo Meeting! Easy to use, reliable, high quality. Overall it's a good product and the customer service is nice. We have increased our productivity by meeting whenever and whenever we would like with GoTo Meeting.
If you need to have meetings that are 40+ minutes you'll need to start over or use the paid version.

Pros

I love the clear audio and HD video! The reliability is great and that's such an important component. GoTo Meeting offers a free trial and has good customer support. I really enjoy using the mobile version now, it is quick and easy to set up.
GoTo Meeting can support a high number of attendees or participants so it's great for small and large businesses.
The screen sharing and browser sharing are excellent and so convenient to have! Your calender can be applied to the product as well.
The security level is high and I feel safe using GoTo Meeting. I feel that my privacy is valued and protected.

Cons

The con that stood out to me was the lack of customization in some areas, mainly the meetings themselves. I did not like that the free version has a 40 minute time limit for meetings.
The browser sharing features malfunctioned twice but after resetting it has not happened again.

TeamViewer, Microsoft Teams and GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

We were not happy with the video quality and reliability of previous products

Webex, Zoho Meeting and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

GoTo Meeting had a free version and a great reputation for video quality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An essential communication tool for remote and team work

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

The overall experience with GoToMeeting is very good. This software allows me to work with complete peace of mind. I often recommend it to some friends during virtual meetings.

Pros

GoTO Meeting is a great tool that I use frequently. It is a great easy to use tool for meetings, setting up a conference call, chatting with my colleagues or my work team. It also has a great interface and screen sharing features, which I find very useful

Cons

I haven't found a major flaw with this software yet, but I would like to point out that sometimes during the same meeting it freezes. Fortunately, this happens very rarely.

Adobe Connect

Skype

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

Frankly, I chose GoToMeeting because it makes it much easier to communicate at work no matter where you are. It contains the ability to host large groups and the ability to record meetings." It also remains for me a very easy to use tool. Thanks to the creator of this software
Brian

GoTo Meeting still gets the job done.

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

GoToMeeting gave us a solid introduction to the world of video conferencing. Over the years, we moved on to custom solutions, but I would still recommend this software as a simple 'first video conferencing app' for those just dipping their toes into the market.

Pros

Overall, GoTo Meeting still gets the job done. It's been one of the longest-running companies in this field of business so they know what they are doing. It's simple enough to set up for even the most non-techie person. With the tray icon offering easy access to the service when needed.

Cons

The main issue is that this software is starting to price itself out of the market. It's feature set for it's monthly price does not compare well to its competitors. Many of them offering the same services for free.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

We actually ended up using both GoToMeeting and Webex for different purposes.
Alli
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Overall the experience with the software has been positive

Pros

Gotomeeting is easy to use, easy to setup, and most users will need little to no training to use

Cons

Mobile needs work and where to go to for support could use an overhaul

Microsoft Teams and Skype

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

The product had the best price point and was easiest yo use
Obakeng
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A simple, robust, and cost-effective communication solution for remote and team work

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Excellent, still using it and cant wait for Add-ons

Pros

It is quite simple to start a conversation with anyone inside or outside of a company.
It offers a fantastic user interface and handy screen-sharing options, in my opinion.
Compared to other rival applications, it appears to be secure.
Brilliant support

Cons

Although I haven't yet discovered a serious bug with GoTo Meeting, occasionally during the same meeting it freezes because of network problems. Perhaps there is a better technique that would allow quality to be less reliant on internet speed.

David
  • Industry: Warehousing

A great way to communicate with the team!

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Overall great experience for video/audio chatting with customers/employees around the world.

Pros

Great service that had many features for a virtual meeting between members working all over the city/country/world. I love the feature of different numbers to call in where ever you are located so they can either be in front of a computer or on a mobile phone with our internet.

Cons

Lack a new UI for easier use similar to Zoom or Teams. Additionally need to add larger packages for more attendances but hard to have a 1 time meeting quickly for a large amount of people.

Eunice
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My experience with the Most Palatial, Luscious and Authentic Tool For Web Conferencing.

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

It is the best as it has never been unavailable to us and it is so easy to join the meetings as it is accessible anywhere as long as we have a good internet connection.

Pros

Offers instant screen sharing.
It offers the best video qualities and clear audios making communication more easy and effective.
Gives the most secure meetings as they are end to end encrypted.

Cons

I have not expected any dislikes while working with the software.

Liza
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

The best system to enhance the value of virtual meetings

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

GoTo Meeting has made organizing meetings remotely, as well as sharing and collaborating with colleagues remotely by carrying out tasks, a very fun and simple thing. To make sure of the information and events discussed during it at any time.

Pros

I love the fact that GoTo Meeting enables us to organize high-quality virtual meetings, as it is characterized by the speed of sending invitations and sharing easily, regardless of the type of device and different operating systems. I like the ease of creating a recurring meeting room, so that we can benefit from it when hosting meetings that complement the first meeting, without the need for special settings or sending new invitations, as it is sufficient to send alerts on the date of the new meeting. GoTo Meeting has a lot of features, which include but not limited to, the quality of sound and images, the speed of sharing and live broadcasting, strong noise and noise isolation, file sharing and presentation sharing, chat messages, screen sharing, easy to set up contact lists, and also meeting recording And many other unique technologies.

Cons

I don't think there are any dislikes with GoTo Meeting, and I only found the good things that suit our needs, in terms of the simple appearance of the user interface, ease of subscription at nominal prices, as well as the ease of sending links to invitees / as well as accepting invitations and sharing easily even without having an account, and all that One of the things that organizes the holding of meetings and also working remotely efficiently and makes you happy.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Improving communication to achieve the best results and follow-ups through remote work

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

The GoTo Meeting feature provides high-quality remote communication for individuals and groups, and it helped us effectively during the Corona pandemic, as well as after the end of the pandemic, it became part of the main applications that we rely on daily to manage our business. It has enabled us to stay in constant contact and exchange all the documents and data we need, which has increased our capabilities and enabled us to complete tasks remotely and organize meetings with ease and flexibility.

Pros

GoTo Meeting is one of the best applications that has allowed millions of people around the world to talk remotely by voice and video and with high quality technologies. To keep in touch with superiors, colleagues, and clients, as well as organize meetings and track the progress of projects and tasks, GoTo Meeting was to organize it all with efficiency. GoTo Meeting is easy to use and has a simple user interface and offers push notification system as well as schedule reminders for upcoming meetings or interviews. In addition, there is no delay in broadcasting, which enables the attendees to interact more between all those invited to the meeting and achieve their goals of the meeting. The program also allows you to send files, images, text messages, share presentations and other items in a very simple way, which enhances its use for the sustainability of remote work. From the main menu, you can plan when you want to receive calls and check the connection status. It can also stop unwanted people from contacting you again. I also like how to import contacts and also send invite links to those lists, which shortens a lot of procedures and makes it easier for us to invite more colleagues to participate.

Cons

There are not many negatives about GoTo Meeting, which seems perfect to me, as it provides a very simple user interface which makes it very practical to use.

Varatharajalu
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

GoTo Meeting -- Your GoTo Online Webinar/Conferencing One-Stop Centre (OSC)

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I faithfully use this platform for my Web Seminars (Webinars), which normally extend to 1 1/2 hrs or even 2, to nearly 3 hours, of 'dragging it out' presentations conducted by some 'repeat and repeat and repeat' presenters.
Once the Webinar is on, it is smooth and there are no interruptions at all -- unless of course due to a blunder made by the unept but eager-beaver presenters themselves -- the presenters' laptops were having internet issues -- they apologize as soon as they get it sorted out but this platform s not the culprit -- it is smooth-sailing as far as I am concerned, at GMT+8 'faraway land'.

A humble suggestion:
Is there any way we can be notified by presenters that yes, there will be Encores, if they are offering such?
Many a time, they FOMO us and keep us wide awake until the wee hrs of the morning and even at dawn when other family members are already waking up fr their new day -- while all the while we are bleary-eyed and thinking when this particular Webinar will 'ever' come to an end -- we wait and wait and wait b'coz they say that only those who wait till the very end of their Webinar will get this e-Book of this pdf or this Report, or AWESOME BONUS...it goes on and on...their baitings, that is...so very sad indeed.
It is absolutely not good for our health, especially so in 'cron times, but what to do? They have us on tetherhooks, it so seems to be the case many a time -- and we are so very desperate to make money NOW!
Personally, GoTo Meeting is BEST!

Pros

The product is easy to use even for the absolute beginner -- after a short learning curve to get acclimatized with the nitty-gritties thereat.
The confirmation notification is like clockwork and is much welcomed.
This is a standalone software, no need to bandwagon n any additional softwares -- a 'under one roof' technological marvel in its category, honestly-speaking.
I always prefer this platform when compared to others that I am not so very keen on using.
This technology gets the job done -- in other words, it is highly reliable for all of my Webinar (Web Seminar) needs.
I always return as a satisfied customer -- it delivers on what it is expected to do.
It is reliable in that you have to be reliable in getting to the Webinar punctually -- on or before time.

Cons

1) Missing?
Yes! In the early days, I simply got lost as to figure out the 'easy-peasy' Time Converter Zoning ala Local Timings -- was sometimes too late while at other times simply too many days well ahead of time -- due t not having faithfully recorded the Webinar details -- my fault 100%.

2) Improved?
Can add these features which would DEFINITELY help the struggling total newcomer to this amazing platform:
1. Give a Checklist For BEGINNERS
Before you start...Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, etc....so very easy to follow, by the usually fumbling,
stumbling newbie.
2. Didn't have countdown timer as in 00:00:00, but...'you are 2 days early' or 'The webinar is over'.
3. Do send at least 1 or even 2 'in-between' e-mail notifications s that the hurry-burry guys and gals too would be notified in advance that yes, there is an impending or imminent Webinar round the corner.
4. The Chat is not turned on...is it for VIP clienteles or need to upgrade to other levels?

3) Difficult to use?
Initially, as a 1st timer, it was a lil' bit new playground, so to speak.
After some time, it became so very 'easy-peasy' -- that's why the Checklist fr the Absolute Beginner would really come in handy -- especially so for all those millions upon millions of wannabes who are not tech-savvy at all.

Oussama

GotoMeeting and a Data Scientist

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

Generally, my involvement in GoToMeeting was astounding. I involved the product on various occasions a day for a long time and it gave a predictable internet meeting experience that was not difficult to use for both host and members.

Pros

GoToMeeting is the most ideal choice by a long shot. Different choices are very specialty and hard to utilize.

Performance:

GoToMeeting is a staggering generally speaking experience. I feel like a chief when I use this is on the grounds that the sound and picture are so fresh!

Productivity Impact:

GoToMeeting has helped us in the usefulness division EXPONENTIALLY. We currently can zero in on different things since booking is such a breeze. We're additionally booking more extension surveys with imminent clients than any time in recent memory!

Ease of Use:

GoToMeeting has transformed our entire group into booking geniuses. A cave dweller could utilize it!

GoToMeeting is the ideal decision for anybody that is searching for an answer for their booking issues. With GoToMeeting, arriving at your objective is more straightforward than at any other time. I'm ready to send clients a gathering welcome and it is acknowledged in practically no time. Not any more sticking around to know whether they got it. It's made my occupation simpler than at any other time!

Cons

1. It requires a steady web association.
On the off chance that your ISP likes to ping your modem every now and again, you might observe GoToMeeting won't work for you as well as you would naturally suspect. It requires a blunder free information association for the stage to function as expected. At the point when holes in help are available, regardless of whether they are flitting, it is absolutely impossible for the stage to recuperate. That compels you to restart your gathering, which can be a genuine pain assuming you have an enormous number of participants.

2. The nature of the gear matters.
GoToMeeting likewise requires clients and participants to have current IT hardware or cell phones to be important for the gathering system. On the off chance that you're utilizing a more established machine or gadget, there's a decent opportunity that it won't fill in as expected - accepting it works by any stretch of the imagination. When in doubt of thumb, in the event that your hardware is over 5 years of age, you'll require a redesign before you can exploit the advantages presented by GoToMeeting.

3. It tends to be challenging to get the bring in process right.
4. There is a cost to access the premium features you may require.
5. The chat option is somewhat limited.
6. It can take up a lot of bandwidth.

Silviya

GoTo Meeting an efficient way to connect with anyone,anywhere on any device

Reviewed on 27/02/2022

GoTo Meeting is virtual platform meeting that fits every company environment. Effortless plan,create and deliver immersive virtual or hybrid events in minutes . It helps engage your employees or customers with simple to deliver but powerful virtual events

Pros

I use GoTo Meeting for online meetings. It is seamless and simple. It is easy to join for attendees. It is a reliably way that I can trust for our company. It works every time. The features and overall functionality are trustworthy

Cons

I like everything. It is very easy to use. The clarity of the technology used for GoTo meeting is great. It works great,anytime and anywhere.

Microsoft OneNote, Webex and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

I wanted to boost our engagement strategy with virtual Events. I found GoTo Meeting with great management platform. It drives attendees engagement. You can enhance attendees experience with personalized live -streamed content and interactive activities

Built for Teams and TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

I choose GoTo Meetings because it is the best way to have fully managed events.Our clients are satisfied with the product . It is essential to make a transition to paperless meetings. I can secure web conferencing .It is fast,reliable and I can secure video conferencing
Michelle

Very Useful For Employees working out of office!

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Covid has made it more and more difficult to have meetings face to face. Go To meeting solves this problem by providing an easy-to-use program for everyone to be able to not only meet on a conference call to discuss important issues but to be able to see each other. Some of our superintendents never meet each other face to face and being able to put a voice or name to a face is important in our industry.

Pros

We started using this during Covid Quarantine in 2020 while our entire office was working from home. We ended up continuing to use it for our weekly/ monthly meetings as well as for HR interviews. We have several offices throughout the nation and we also locally have many of our superintendents working in the field who are unable to come to the office to attend meetings. This tool helped us to be able to invite employees to our meetings that normally would miss out. I love that it can be used on a computer or phone, this is a convenience that was very much needed for field employees who may not be able to make it to their site computers. I also love that you can share your screen! We are able to share spreadsheets, which not only helps keep everything organized but also helps keep everyone on the same page! We also love utilizing it for interviews since it is sometimes hard to get everyone available to meet face to face on the same day.

Cons

I haven't come across any complaints thus far.

Jeen

An industry chief in internet based video conferencing for organizations all over the planet.

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

GoToMeeting is utilized by our association when our customers (designers, engineers, building proprietors and so on) welcome us to join meeting in regards to projects we are overhauling. It tackles the issue of cooperation, particularly during a period of Covid and vital social removing. We have seen an enormous upspike in internet based gatherings and we regularly need to go to meeting to put together venture groups and transfer data.

Pros

Simplicity of joining facilitated gathering.
Screen Share is instinctive Screen and applications independent.
Have highlights are equivalent to if worse than contender applications

Cons

Sending welcome data could utilize more incorporations.
Couldn't want anything more than to see an element that empowers you to send records in the talk bar.
Could offer better valuing particularly for more modest gatherings.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

It's not difficult to deal with it in any event, for youngsters Something cool to feature is that you can hear clear the Audio and furthermore the video runs impeccably. You can even impart your screen to the remainder of the individuals. It is positive that you are permitted to record your gathering in the event that somebody has missed it then everybody can see it later the recording.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good Tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

Pros

Although I have used this GoToMeeting for quite some time now (pre Covid-19), this is another software my company has resorted to for renote work. Our company is part of a wider group of companies called Digicel group so we have 'branches' in various countries, so most times are required among the various branches. Prior to Covid, these meetings would have been face to face but with using GoToMeeting, these meetings are now facilitated online. One of things that stands out for me is the fact that you can take control of someone's machine if they are experiencing any issues during their presentations. This has happened a few times with us. It has great scheduling so for instance, if someone is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, it can be rescheduled very easily and simply. Not to mention, GoToMeeting can accommodate or facilitate large audiences, with options for up to 250 participants. This has been great for our webinars. It's easy to use, flexible and affordable. Information and file sharing is relatively fast and easy. Session recording ans chat is great, and there are various integrations with other software such as Google Calender.

Cons

You must have a very fast and stable internet connection. Because my company purchased the product for our use, it was inexpensive for me. But it is not free and can also be very costly to the average individual, especially those who wish to access the premium features. Also, it does not work well with your mobile, so always have use your computer.

Mncedisi
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Time is money and GoToMeeting has become the solution towards saving time and travelling long distances to attend those meetings. With the lockdown and corona regulations this software has become a lifesaver to communicate with investors in other countries and promote your business while still at home and safe.

Pros

I like the automatic transcription because it enable one to easily get what is being said by another speaker who is a quick talker maybe or someone who has a different accent from yours. This software is also more affordable to very affordable to everyone and has very simple features that can be understood and loved by many people. During this time of corona pandemic GoToMeeting software is the solution and the way to go in order to be safe . GoToMeeting also provides you with recordings incase your multitasking in jobs. You can always be in touch of what was being said .

Cons

The chat option is most optional or rather say limited. Sometimes it can be difficult to get calls through mostly because it requires a very good internet connection. Most African countries are under the so called developing countries and it can somehow disadvantage them on that Field.

Rohit

One of the best tools for Web Conferencing

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

I usually Use GoToMeeting for Classroom sessions, Training Sessions, Calls with clients, and I like the ease of learning, the ability to host large groups and record the meetings.

I also like the ability to click on any of the recordings and take a quick peek at the notes I’ve made during the meeting.

Another thing I like about GoToMeeting is it works on pretty much any internet connection, including dial up and even at times things don’t work as well.

The interface is easy to use and no matter the connection, the sound quality is great.

Pros

Go To Meeting offers a wide range of features that are useful for both small group and online meetings, including HD video, audio, screen sharing, and file transfers. It also offers private and public rooms, document sharing, and a host of other features.

There is also a free version of the software, which is pretty basic in comparison to other video conferencing programs, but it is a useful tool to get you started with the program and learn how to use it.

The software also provides a free 14-day trial and is fairly inexpensive, depending on the number of participants. If you have a small group, one or two people, I recommend the free version. If you have larger numbers of participants, you may want to consider upgrading to the pro version.

One of the best features of GoToMeeting is that it is very easy to set up, and once you have it set up, you can usually access it from any computer, including your tablet or smartphone. Once the program is installed on your computer, you will have access to the software from anywhere.

GoTo Meeting ranks highest in my best Conference call tools since this platform offers all the tools one needs to run a successful business meeting, Conference calls, Team Meetings and stands out for its exceptional call quality, robust features, and excellent customer care services.

Cons

Some drawbacks of online meeting sites are: – Lacks of the Personal Touch. While the Skype for Business (Skype) has a personal touch in it, it is relatively expensive compared to other online conferencing vendors.

– It can be difficult to work around internet outages. While the VOIP (Voice Over internet Protocol) is able to function without internet, it only lasts for a relatively short time. The only way around this issue is to use a secure internet connection, which is not the best option for laptops.

– It is difficult to view large files. When the internet connection is too slow or unstable, it can cause issues with the video and audio quality.

– This option can not be used for video conferencing as it only allows screen sharing and not video.

What I would like to sugggest is it would be a useful tool for the meeting if u can update the screen share. I have a machine that does not have a microphone but it does have a camera and I would like to use that machine. I am sure thats what most people would like. I am sure it would be a lot easier to use.

Google Hangouts, Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams
Satya

Best Collaboration tool

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Overall experience is pretty awesome and I recommend this tool for any such collaborations or any conferencing session is required. Price wise also it is pretty less.

Pros

Best Audio Video Quality during the Call. We can use this without any corporate network. International calls are pretty nice and sound and video quality during the international meetings are pretty cool. Recording of the meetings and storing them in the cloud is the best option so that we can get the recordings anytime from the cloud.

Cons

The recordings should be stored more then 3 months in the Cloud. The recordings are getting autodeleted from the cloud after 3 months which is very frustrating. Chats should be achieved and can be accessible after the meeting.

Webex and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

Price is pretty less for GoToMeeting compared to WebEx.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

We all surprised with the price difference that we get in compared to above two products. Along with the customer service from the product in comparison to other two.
Mahendra

GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

I used this software since last year and i had bunch of benefits and i can connect my clients and my staff where they live from other countries so very fluently and ease of the functionality we can attend the conference of 100 people’s at a time
Lot of benefits its get from but fact is many of people didn’t know about it
and seriously it very best and industry leadings features it provides
i strongly recommend this over any software

Pros

Create link share it and boom join meeting instantly i think is best and more efficiently working meeting software that i had ever used it fluencly help me alot and my all colleagues and employees more enthusiastically join the meeting and better quality of video call and audio call

Cons

This software is paid and, it provides lot of features but i think everyone thinking with that software is paid so many of them go ahead so i thing GoToMeetings have to provide 7 days trial to people for better understanding of what they paid for

Zoom Video Webinars and Google Meet

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

It’s work very efficiently and properly
Snehal Sanjay
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A decent app for virtual meetings

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Pros

GoTo Meeting is great for remote meetings and demos. I like the ease with which you can join meetings, easily access the recordings, integrate with Outlook to send email invites for the meetings, the ease of screensharing, and the security and privacy features make it very attractive.

Cons

There are times when you attend meetings and the audio does not work perfectly and the only option left is to restart your device. They could make the video meetings easier. Also a major drawback I feel is not allowing at least two meetings to take place at the same time. And it pushes the users very aggressively to download the software every time.

Zoom Meetings

Microsoft Teams
Keith
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Still one of the better collaboration tools out there

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall the experience is great. Easy to roll out, if GTM pushes out an update we had it set to automatically install for the end user and this did happen it was very seamless as things update quickly and the user had no clue. We have the ability to run a number of reports to show usage, who joined a meeting, etc. The end user could even control some of their own settings from a Web interface.

Pros

I still like GTM and now easy it is compared to Teams, Zoom, or Webx. Administration is very easy as well, plug in someone's name, email address, and a welcome email is sent with links to get them started. As Admin, I RARELY ever have to field any issues or questions. Our end users quickly pickup on how to use it because its very intuitive. When I have to collaborate I still use GTM because I can, otherwise, most employees had to switch to TEAMS because it was included with Win365, however, a small group of users still have GTM for various special needs that TEAMS can't do. I like it because I can manage my meetings better, such a mute and unmute people, IM specific people or all, and when sharing a document they can see more of the document unlike TEAMS which has a smaller window display to the end user. For example, I frequently join a reoccurring meeting where someone uses TEAMS and they share a spreadsheet, its hard to follow because it's so small on the screen.

Cons

Unfortunately, with all the collaboration tools on the market, especially after the 2020 pandemic, GTM is a bit on the costly side especially if people connecting to the meeting decide to "dial in" as to using VoIP. This would drive me nuts because the pre-canned email invite for a meeting did not stress using VoIP to connect and therefore people would use the good old Toll Free thinking "it's free". No, it isn't, we pay per user per minute which adds up quickly. In fact I'm guessing this is where GoTo/LogMeIn makes most of their money .

Besides the cost for Toll and Long Distance changes there's also a fee per license/user. However, GoTo did offer some fairly recent new options that allowed for a bit more flexible with how licensing works. Nonetheless, in the long run it was too costly to keep GTM for 100 occasional users and 25 frequent users, when TEAMS was already installed on all company PCs. Many people complained about changing over, and how TEAMS was hogging up their PC processing power, dropping, breaking up, etc. but the squeaky wheel did not get oiled.

GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, Go To Google, The Government Hates It

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

When functioning fully, the tools and the suite could not be better. However, without an extensive pre-screening of the audience to ensure they have the capacity to download the GoTo app, and that they have downloaded Google Chrome and made it their preferred browser, the tools become difficult and the technical support for the audience is virtually non-existent.

Pros

I love the tool when it's working. It provides all of the meeting features, resolves bandwidth concerns and builds an ability to build community for those who are not behind any significant firewalls.

Cons

The inability to run the GoTo Suite of tools without downloads renders it useless in the government space. For those who cannot do downloads, they will be unable to join meetings. For those who refuse to use Google Chrome, they will be unable to use advanced features in the suite of GoTo tools

Zoom Video Webinars

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

WebEx was three times as expensive.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

At the time, it was security issues with Zoom. They seem to have overcome them, so Zoom will be a prime contender when we're up for renewal.