GoToMeeting

4.5 (8,916)
Online meeting software with HD video conferencing

(8,916)
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

8916 Software options

Kristine A.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

GoToMeetings has done a great job of keeping our work place connected throughout the pandemic

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Once COVID-19 became a reality in the work place, we had to scramble to find software's that were easy to use for all staff members as well as using a software that we would feel confident would help keep us connected. GoToMeetings has done a phenomenal job at making working from home feel just as professional and organized as working in your usual working environment. Not only is it a breeze to use, this product has helped tremendously in helping keep our office safe and COVID free by giving us a way to efficiently continue working from home.

Pros

This software has a long list of uses that comes in handy, particularly throughout the current pandemic. Since using GoToMeetings, our staff meetings have become so much easier, and safer! We no longer need to be in the same room to feel like we had a well-organized staff meeting. If you are a user, its as easy as following a link or calling into the number that is created for your meeting. As a host, you can easily create links for your meeting, invite people, and use my favorite feature; locking the meeting. By locking the meeting, you can assure no one else enters the meeting. This proved extremely useful when conducting interviews through GoToMeetings. Using other software's, such as Zoom, you run the risk of getting interrupted by strangers.

Cons

As with any type of technology, there will always been some "technical issues." GoToMeetings does a great job of limiting the number of technical errors, however some are inevitable; Whether it be someone's camera is lagging, someone forgetting to unmute or some other small hiccup. However, no small technical issues can take away from the many uses of GoToMeetings and how easy and convenient it is. I definitely recommend this product.

Jorge B.

Good solution for online meetings and presentation

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

I have offices, customers, account managers, partners and even developers in severalc countries. With this solution I can keep meetings or presentations everywhere in the World where I have Internet connection.
The sound can be by Internet or phone call, I can share my screen ot my webcam, and aldo I can save the meeting, to keep track of it.

Pros

I've tried other solutions and for me the best from this solution is how easy is to access to the conference for my customer. Just one click and they are inside the conference.

Cons

I would like to send invitations to my customers from the same interface instead than copy&paste the content of the access. It has plugins with main mail solutions like outlook and GMail, but sometimes because I am in a customer with firewall email rules that don't let me access to my server from outllok but only by webmail, I have to create the conference form one site copy&paste and send the invitations from my webmail.

Google Meet and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Because I have a lot of problems with how difficult was for the users to connect to the meeting. They connect, but allways forget to connect audio or video because it is no easy to find it. Also bacause I had problems with support and invoicing.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

Because its easiness to connect to the conference
Richard C.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

GoToMeeting isn’t great, but it isn’t bad either

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Overall it does exactly what I need it to do, but I’m really comparing it to WebEx. With WebEx, I could record meetings, create meetings through Outlook, and it had SSO enabled. GoToMeeting seems like a step backwards, but it still gets the job done. Just a little more tedious in my opinion.

Pros

I like that it allows me to hold conference calls and screen share. Really, that’s all I need it to do. I do a lot of demos and walkthroughs with clients and customers, so GoToMeeting is critical for my success. It also allows my customer to share their screen so I can see what errors or issues they’re having on their end. It really helps with the show-don’t-tell aspect of my job. I also like that my PIN never changed. It was a little on the long side, but after a week or so, I had it memorized. Made opening meetings really fast.

Cons

I’m realizing the things I like least about GoToMeeting may be on our configuration side. For example, we don’t have single sign-on (SSO), so anytime I need to open GoToMeeting, I need to log into my account. That gets a little annoying. It also doesn’t integrate with Outlook, which is also annoying. I have to go into GoToMeeting, copy my meeting information, and then paste it back into an Outlook appointment. Just a lot of needless steps. But this could just be on my side - something that we could configure if we wanted to. And I don’t have the ability to record meetings, which may be a licensing issue or configuration issue. Either way, I don’t like it.

Simeon R.

Easy and quality meetings

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

In general I've a really good experience with GTM, the video/audio quality is remarkable, and the usability is excelent. In my humble opinion, is one of the best meeting software I've ever used.

Pros

GoToMeeting deliver in general high quality in audio and videomeetings and most important provides really quick and easy way to setup meetings with your team or any other GTM user.
It has integration plugin for GCalendar, which makes really easy to setup a "conference room" for a scheduled meeting and invite multiple attendees.
The recording option really save your day when there are lots of topics to follow and no time for taking notes.
It also have interesting features as indicating who is talking both when you're using video and when is just an audio meeting, which at some points is also really useful when you don't actually know all the attendees. Beside this it provides also regular features as other meeting software like written chat, presenting mode, and so on.

An interesting feature of GTM is the possibility for setting up a conference where the attendees are muted and only the owner of the meeting o the authorized person is able to speak, useful for conferences with lots of people; and this state can be modified at any point, for example for the Q&A section.

It also provide the option of setting up recurrent meetings without the need of using google calendar, and the possibility of invite extra people by just sharing an URL or a meeting code.

Overall I've never had a bad experience using GTM for daily or other kind of meetings.

Cons

The only bad experience I had with GTM is when the owner of a recurring meeting is on holiday or leave the company, was almost impossible to change the owner in order to modify the meeting or cancel it. Only contacting with the admin team solved these issues.

David Y.
  • Industry: Publishing

Solid Performance and Reliability

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I love using GoToMeeting for my team meetings. It's reliable and easy to use. We have tested out other meeting solutions including Zoom, but none compare to the ease of use found with GTM. Zoom meetings, for instance, have a much different interface, and very little is intuitive about the dashboard. Conversely, GoToMeeting's dashboard is easy to understand and follow. You can also easily change your user name within a meeting, so if you are on an informal meeting with team members you might just list your first name, whereas for a client meeting you can list your full name, title, etc.

Pros

Our organization has used GoToMeeting for many years. It is a solution that enables individuals to connect via a url to a virtual meeting. It is ideal for companies that have remote staff or staff that travel frequently and cannot physically attend a meeting. This is among GoToMeeting's best features. Other advantages include the following:
1. It's very easy to assign a permanent meeting url to your team members. This is a great feature, because nothing is more annoying than having to create new urls for meetings. With GoToMeeting, you can use the same url again and again.
2. It's very easy to assign meeting control (i.e., switch presenter) to other members in the meeting. This is especially helpful when presentations need to be shared with others. It's also a great way to perform edits to presentations in real-time with team members who are not physically next to you.
3. Users can share their web cams. We sometimes make this obligatory, as it helps to ensure that those in the meeting are actually paying attention and not multi-tasking.

Cons

You have to make sure to switch your audio depending on how you join the meeting. If you join by phone but forget to switch your GoToMeeting dashboard setting to phone audio, you (and others) will hear a loud, ongoing each until you make this switch. Ideally GoToMeeting would recognize the source from which you are joining (phone or computer audio) but since it does not do this, it's best to get into the habit of switching this manually to avoid the loud echo.

Momoko T.

The best platform for online meeting

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

I think it's a great essential service to all companies for smooth and fast communication, especially when staff are over the place in different cities, so having this service helps bring everyone together despite the distances.

Pros

Simple navigation, ease of invitation to join the meeting, and simple layout. I appreciate how fast and smooth the program is and how easy it is to teach my staffs how to create and join meetings. People are able to type in the chat during the meeting if they are too shy to speak, or people can just join the convo whenever. I like how it also shows you which microphone belongs to which users when they are speaking so I know who is speaking. I also like how you can share your screen, which is the most important meet of the meeting for me in order to present my slides for training and promos.

Cons

I was hoping there would be a function where I can send reminders out an hour or two before the meeting just so my staff don't forget about the meeting. I know this is the staff's responsibilities, but having a push function could be handy, too.

• Industry: Investment Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Goto Meeting Daily user

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Over it work great and been the bone for our dIaily meetings with screen share and easy to work.

Pros

I have used it for my daily meetings and it works great, recoding of meetings can be used later and can be in mp4 format , even i can pause the recordings in between the meetings and resume it as and when required

Cons

Bridge numbers are local, country specific if it can tollfree and if people from other country could join dialing local
Numbers from their phone?

Microsoft Teams

Clarity and easy to use

Webex

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

It works and many are aware of it.
Tammy K.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Hugely beneficial

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

GoToMeetings has provided high quality virtual meeting services allowing me to continue providing Telehealth services crucial to mental wellness in these trying times of COVID-19

Pros

I found the Screen Share feature to be hugely beneficial in allowing me the ability to provide highly effective quality services to my clients during these trying times of COVID-19

Cons

Honestly, I have only one feature I would like to see improvement in the GoToMeeting Service- I would like to see GoToMeeting add the ability for the Presenter to manipulate the display format. If I could 'Hide' or even 'Move' the position of my camera, I would be able to put my client's camera at the Top Center so when looking at them, I would be looking into the direction of my own camera rather than my eyes appearing as if I'm looking down away from my client.

Zoom Meetings, Doxy.me and SimplePractice

TherapyNotes and Zoom Meetings
David K.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent Business Conference Software

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Whether you’re hosting or attending meetings in your office or on the go using your mobile device, GoToMeeting is an excellent meeting communication tool for your employees as well as for your customers.

Pros

Whenever you need to communicate remotely with co-workers or with customers, GoToMeeting is an excellent online audio and face to face conferencing solution. As long as you have access to the internet, GoToMeeting works with Windows, Mac, and also with mobile devices. Online screen sharing and recording of content is very easy to implement with just a click of a button on the GoToMeeting screen. Installation is simple and very fast to set up. And with employees working remotely now more than ever, GoToMeeting allows you to host or join a meeting from anywhere that has a stable internet connection using a computer, laptop, or a mobile device. There's also a free trial period offered to make sure that GoToMeeting is an excellent communication tool for your business. You can also count on GoToMeeting for excellent customer service with any questions or problems you may have setting up or using the software.

Cons

If your internet connection is not stable, GoToMeeting may become interrupted and not work properly. GoToMeeting offers several different business plans and you may have to upgrade and pay more to get the most advanced features of the service.

Ruth C.

Solid product but needs to address occasional audio issues

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

GoTo is very integral to my work since I oversee a number of software projects and I need to ensure the stakeholders and colleagues are roped in quickly to address issues that may arise. I enjoy the ease of use. I just hope they stabilize audio connectivity.

Pros

The ease of using GoTo Meeting is a major plus. Adding it in to my Microsoft Outlook helps to make scheduling calls is very easy and useful.

Cons

Occasionally, my audio goes in and out. Recently, I was talking and my audio dropped mid-sentence. It was frustrating because I had to use my phone to call in as a backup.

Webex and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

I chose GoToMeeting because my director had been using it before I did. After he left, I did try to review other options but it's the case of old habits die hard and I didn't want to change out from something that I'm quite familiar with.
Zev S.

Best Conference Call Software

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I used this product daily for client calls and was a very reliable service. Could not do my job without it and great for webinars

Pros

Easy to use and rarely issues connecting and hosting with meetings. Easily integrates with my calendar.

Cons

Hard to use for first-time users when you're inviting them to conference calls

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Company decision based on costs

RingCentral MVP
Hafizah S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Virtual meeting is easy with GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

I have use it for some time and it really help me to connect with my colleague quicker for our meeting and discussion session.

Pros

What i enjoy the most with GoTOMeeting is, is has a very easy start up to hosting an virtual meeting session. The process is direct and not confusing to use. I will only need to extend the invitation link to the participant, or schedule the meeting session and invite them couple of days before the meeting date.

Cons

Things that i would like to see in this software in the future is, the option to change the quality of the video that are streamed. Sometime, my internet connection is not very stable and fluctuating. Option to decrease the video quality will help me to continue the meeting session on the lower setting for the video quality.

Grace A.

A comprehensive and complete communication solution, secure for use with colleagues and...

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

It has helped me connect with people from different locations (prospects or interested parties) in addition to internal staff at work, it is instantaneous and has a great system for scheduling videoconferences, with recurring or one-time mode. Its compatibility with third party applications works flawlessly. Gotomeeting is affordable, it is neither the most expensive nor the cheapest (its features are worth it), it is an internal and external communication solution, rich in functions and very safe to use.

Pros

Besides the quality video conferencing, I could say that the chat is one of my favorite tools in this software, as it is very complete and gives us the possibility to create public and private groups where you can communicate with your colleagues and even clients; I can also update my availability status.
Being able to have access at all times and from different platforms and devices, Gotomeeting works perfectly on my desktop computer as well as on my tablet and cell phone.
I love the app.
It is highly customizable, the user can adjust the meeting rooms according to their needs.
Useful tools and controls for dynamism and interaction during the meeting, such as voting, polls, automatic transcripts for note taking, screen sharing, etc.

Cons

It is fragile most of the time regarding its connection stability, some glitch happens with wifi and takes me out of the session; it hasn't happened much, but I find it unprofessional in a tool like Gotomeeting, let alone connecting via VPN. I think this is the only feature that overshadows Gotomeeting a bit, but I have contacts who have not gone through this.

Shikha V.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

GoTo Meeting-Your GoTo Idea for all conferences and meetings

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

The overall experience has been fine so far but they can improve on certain things to make it better as there are other competitors in the market.

Pros

GoTo Meeting is an online platform which provides the facility of virtual meeting with your offshore team, client and vendors. It is an extremely beneficial and easy to use tool for communication. I have been using this tool for almost 2.5 years now to communicate with my vendors and clients. It creates a seamless platform for presentation to the team who is situated offshore.

There is no limit to the number of participants and you have the ability to switch between the presenters anytime. You can move the control tab (with option to present, mute and webcam) to the left or right side of your screen, basically as per your convenience. It highlights the icon of the person who is speaking while presenting. It also provide an option to chat and write any important query in the middle of the meeting.

It also lets you record your meetings

Cons

Being a virtual conference/meeting software, it's imperative that the audio and video option is fluent. Sometimes, there are audio issues when the number of presenters are more. The customer support team is little slow and sometimes the person on the other end is not aware of the issues and results in delay in response to a query. There are other options available in the market which are comparatively easy to use.

You have to be really verse with the software in order to use to efficiently. Someone who is not tech savvy would find it little difficult to operate.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Understandable interface, easy to use

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

GoToMeeting is allowing us to do more dynamic meetings than what we previously did with conference calls. That's been particularly important as the pandemic has eliminated face-to-face meetings.

Pros

Simple, intuitive controls. Easy for attendees to figure out when joining a session. Good control once in a session. Works well when doing collaborative work with a small group of people.

Cons

Becomes a bit cumbersome when more than 12 on a call. With that many, camera thumbnail get a bit small. If you make them bigger, then you need to scroll to see people. Can't do group audio controls like muting; can only do it to individual participants.

Webex, Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

It was much more intuitive and secure than Zoom

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

Cost, features, controls by meeting administrators
Michael J.

The Gold Standard for Web Conferencing

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

I've been using GoToMeeting for at least a decade and it is still the gold standard for web conferencing for companies of all sizes. Our entire organization (sales, marketing, success, and support) all have licenses for scheduling screen shares and web conferences with leads and customers. You can share your screen, allow another person to share their screen, and even take control of another user's screen for troubleshooting issues, or training purposes. It is easy to use for those setting up and those connecting to a web conference. It has a number of wonderful integrations - the most useful being the Google Calendar plug in - which enables you to easily schedule GoToMeetings directly from a calendar event. You can also record sessions for replay later (helpful for training or demos).

Cons

It would be great if their recordings of screenshares were more compressed so that longer presentations weren't so large or the ability to integrate with a cloud based storage site to allow default a recording to go directly to an online location for sharing and playback.

Phil B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

GoToMeeting just works, every time. Easy to deploy and a big time saver for meetings.

Reviewed on 14/06/2020

GoToMeeting may seem a little long in the tooth compared to its competitor, but what that translates to is reliability. I have been using GoToMeeting for months to host meetings, Bible studies, and one-off video conferences. It's easy to launch, easy to join, and I've never had any reliability issues even when interacting with participants who are using the web, app, and the phone.

The software UI may not be as slick as others, it's unobtrusive and contains all of the features I need. It has reduced the amount of time spent in meetings and it's screen sharing function helps me lead a Bible study with ease.

Pros

GoToMeeting is a cost-effective, reliable video conferencing solution. Connections have always been solid with people whether they are using the app, connecting in their browser, or calling in by phone.

Some of the users who attend my meetings and Bible studies are not computer savvy, so the ability to give them a static web address that never changes is extremely helpful. I also appreciate GoToMeeting's feature of being able to connect using the web browser, as some users are relunctant to download software.

Cons

GoToMeeting's UI is very simple, which is good, but perhaps not as polished as its competitors. Screen sharing is a nice feature, especially when I'm presenting a class, but the ability to have my video appear picture-in-picture would be great.

Zoom Video Webinars
Rob R.

Best Video Conferencing Software

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Pros

There are so many options for video conferencing and lots of them are the same. But personally I like G2M the best because its happened to be the most robust and seems to offer the best quality of video and audio.

Lots of other conferencing software is the same but they will crash, have longer delays in video / audio, have super long confirmation codes etc.

I also really like that I can have a vanity URL (with a paid account) that I can always use to fire up a meeting at anytime (i.e. http://gotomeet.me/<my own url>. This is super nice for just firing up ad-hoc meetings or the like.

Recording sessions is easy and I love that they have the ability to "lock" a given session which prevents unwanted access from people when you have back to back meetings with different groups using the same dial-in information.

Cons

After you record a session the video has to get translated to the right format. this can take a long time depending on your hardware, length of the meeting, etc. To be fair this is the case with most conference software options. But just something to note.

Also, the mobile apps are good for using G2M on the go or sharing your mobile screen but they are a little clunky. Particularly if you use your actual phone to dial in but then use the mobile app for screen sharing. On an iPhone you'd have to constantly switch back and forth between the apps to mute and unmute.

Nurul aishah G.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

My team choice for virtual meeting

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and navigate my way to setting and start the virtual video meeting with GoToMeeting. Many useful tools that can making the meeting or conference session more meaningful, like the hand rising option, quick pool and changing the host/presenter of the meeting.

Cons

The recording option is quite hard and confusing to use. I can't select the destination where will the video will be saved. I really hope it can integrated with cloud storing service like Google Drive, which it will be stored there automatically and not using my local drive storage.

Melissa B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The solution to the usual remote meetings and conferences

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

GoToMeeting might be an adaptable one for online classes, GoToMeeting highlights a ton of choices to hitch gatherings even from portable or web, enlistment not needed. My organization has been utilizing this product as opposed to the supported Zoom since the beginning of the pandemic. The main thing is the way the windows show when somebody is talking.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity to use this program, the straightforwardness of the product implied that every client, even the preeminent actually tested, is prepared to utilize it and join gatherings adequately. During telecommute periods, it's worked effectively of keeping things running easily and expertly. GoToMeeting has been a heavenly device for far off coordinated effort gatherings, from inside group gatherings to extend gatherings with customers.

Cons

No significant problems whit this product. Once in a while, the association would break however that is likely wifi as well. GoToMeeting is limited to 100 individuals for any online courses, Sometimes it is regularly troublesome if the gathering has very one hundred members.

Why choose GoToMeeting?

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

It set up without any issues in no time at all. it is easy to jump in and get going. Its very flexible with many options to choose from. The recordings in real time are priceless.

Pros

This software is pretty intuitive in what you want to do and the best way to get there. it requires very little set up time and is invaluable when you need a recording and transcript. You can get a free trial for two weeks to see if it will work for you.

Cons

You must have a very good connection. There are no free services. You can't use older equipment and get a good results. Everyone must download the software, it does not work in browsers.

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Zoom didn't really meet our needs they way this did.

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

This product suited our needs better
Camillia C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Good for quick meetings

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

Overall it is OK it has some comfortability to it. Especially if you want business solutions. Its a professional platform with basic functionality. The chat feature is okay but I like Zoom way better for large groups and training sessions

Pros

I like how easy it is to join the meetings. I work for a insurance company so we always gotta do meetings on the fly sometimes and unlike zoom with all the passcodes and stuff you can just join in with ease on the computer without downloading. Naturally they have software you can download but I find the ease of joining much easier than other platforms.

Cons

Zoom has many more features and ease of sharing. It is also easy to pass admin privileges over in zoom.
I don't like that part of it. Also it seems to be more of a professional platform. Which is great but even for screen sharing everything is much easier on zoom. The virtual background platform is basic from what I've experienced compared to Zoom. But it is great for quick meetings.

Luke K.

GoToMeeting Review

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

We use GoToMeeting on a daily basis to get a status report for different projects we're working on. It's great because the company saves money by having phone calls and seeing various caller's screens instead of everyone having to fly to a central location. Overall I'm very pleased and happy with this software and recommend to any company that is interested in it.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! You only have to dial in, type the access code and you're good to go. I love that you can display a specific screen/window from your computer to display to all other users on the call. There is also a chat feature in GoToMeeting that allows you to chat with everyone on the call or to a specific individual. (Added bonus is the ability to record the call!)

Cons

Not really too many cons with this product, but two things may be worth noting. Some calls can experience random drops even though it's dialed in from a lan line. The other thing is when you're downloading/converting the recorded call it can take a long time to process.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

It's always reliable and the quality makes it the best choice

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Overall GoToMeeting keeps our team connected whenever we need to jump onto a meeting.

Pros

We can trust GoToMeeting to keep our distributed remote teams connected and in communication with clear video capabilities that never go down.

Cons

Downloading the app for those first time users is highly annoying as it requires instruction and sometime trouble shooting.

Dialpad Meetings

Reliability

Dialpad Meetings
Aminuddin B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Video conference with great video and audio quality

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

GoToMeeting really improve how we communicate and connect with my team. We can collaborate on work and task using this software and have a quick meeting whenever any problem arises and fix it on real-time with everyone on the team even tho some of our team member is on remote site.

Pros

GoToMeeting offer a very high video and audio quality for its video conference and video call feature. I have use it for our weekly and monthly meeting with my department team, as we has to work from home. Joining the conference room is really easy, i only need to click on the invitation link and entering the password.

Cons

GoToMeeting offers a mobile apps to joining the video call or video conference, but the feature on the mobile apps is missing some critical tool like chat feature that are limited to the mobile app. There are also no option to change the background color or graphic in the mobile apps.