MindManager

Information mapping and idea visualization tool

4.1/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

62 Software options

Ilia T.

About MindManager

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Overall super positive as everything seems to work.

Pros

I was fortunate enough to have installed MindManager on my workstation. Initially the idea was to use it for Flow Charts as I dislike using Visio and wanted an alternative. I don't regret my decision. Mind Manager is fairly intuitive, the design is clean with large icons (the layout in Visio was one of the reasons I wanted to try something else). I also like the fact that it integrates with Microsoft tools such as Teams and Outlook.

Cons

I don't think that I've used it enough to uncover any particular issues. The only problem I had was learning how to use it quickly enough and that was helped by the tutorials which can be accessed within MindManager itself.

Tegid G.

Kanban and Mind Manager

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

As a task manager it is awesome and also helps in ideation sessions.

Pros

The functionality is incredible. If I have an idea, it has a function or feature to help me realize that idea.
From kanban boards to integrating with Kira (through a third party integration tool).

Cons

It feels a little dated and you can't scroll using the work space this means having to use the scroll bar constantly. Using the mouse wheel to zoom would also be useful.

Ayoa

Reasons for Switching to MindManager

For the time being, imindmap is no longer being developed and Ayoa is not quite there in functionality.
Steve E.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Instant ROI for the Mercedes Benz of Mind Mapping Tools

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Education, facilitation, planning, team management, and sharing of meeting results/next steps.

Pros

The look is great and the integration with Microsoft couldn't be better. MindManager 21 even integrates with MS Teams (beyond the already tight integration with the other MS Office tools)! This tool has been something I have used for 20+ years, every version, and it has helped me tremendously for any planning, facilitation, or management project. I always recommend it highest in terms of a Mind Mapping tool.

Cons

I think the Cloud channel and synchronous collaboration possibilities there need to be much better explained. Plus, live help on the MindManager site would be a big plus, as I often have questions and it can sometimes be hard to connect with them. Finally, their invoicing system is terrible and must be fundamentally upgraded.

Pawel C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

MindManager- short review

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

I'm working often with the software and I have to give only positive feedback- really good software!

Pros

MindManager is very user friendly and ease of use. The software helps us to find creative and non obvious solutions.

Cons

I don't like negotation part with the vendor- we don't received better price than price from official price list.

Mark S.

Long time user - I like it a lot. It's fairly robust. They force you to pay for upgrades.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

It's helped me organize, brainstorm and present in my business for many years. It's solid and dependable.

Pros

It gets used a lot! It's very intuitive and seems to not have wasted features you wouldn't use. It's quick and not bogged down at all. The maps look really sharp and professional so can be used on screen shares and look like a champ.

Cons

Price and forced upgrade expenses if you want them. It's understandable to have paid upgrades every now and then.
MindJet has always NOT had their client base truly in mind. Even back with their mobile app ... they were charging a monthly price for that when all we needed was to access our maps and be able to make minor adjustments.
This company puts out a good product, but their view of your client base does not show that they have our best interest in mind, but rather siphon out all the cash they can get. Not a long term customer centric leadership in my experience.

Peter M.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Simply the best mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

I've been using Ming Manager for more then 10 years. I even convinced my former employer (bank) to use Mind Manager throughout the corporation. Many people liked it and use it in their daily work. I even used it for my personal task management. It's great to see all your agenda on 1 page :)

Pros

I like user-friendliness of MindManager. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MM simply the best. It is visually perfect, very intuitive and offers all features you might need.
There are many template and add ons for MM, e.g. we used it for project planning (task management, brainstorming, project planning, work breakdown structure, etc.).

Cons

Maybe only the price compared to many free tools, but considering you use it for work, I think it's worth to buy it. If your car deserves some added feature, why not your daily work?

Alfredo M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Efficient meetings

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

In my work, it is customary to meet to discuss ideas at the beginning of a project or an activity and a tool that helps in our performance is MindManager to perform the brainstorm, since it allows us to quickly have the ideas captured on the screen in a way Organized, clean and not on paper, it also allows to include images, shapes or icons and the final result is much more pleasing to the eye and for the presentation, it is also very useful because it serves as a meeting minute, it is very easy to use this tool.

Cons

One would like to have more functions to complement the work and make it even more attractive. There is little documentation and information on the web. It is a tool only to be used in windows operating system.

Best mindmapping for business purposes - ever!

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

I use it for almost everything in my business. Brainstorms, planning, delegation, project management, blog posts

Pros

The intuitive ease of use - the sync with almost everything - the new business interfaces

Cons

nothing really - it's just perfect to me

Tithia L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good business brainstorming software

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Give me full workflow and roadmap of my business and personal usage.

Pros

I have been using in the trial version, I found that it is great for who need to make a plan or road map for a business or personal life. It will give you full function and understand each flow of work with easy to navigate.

If you are looking for planning and roadmap software then it is great for your choice.

Cheers,

Cons

There is no problem on using this software because it gives full function on what I need.

Dirk B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

MindManager ist a great tool to cluster your thoughts at the beginning of a new project

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

MindManager allows me to quickly get started on a project and to prepare a kick-off quickly and efficiently

Pros

It is easy to use and provides a very useful tool to get started on a new Project. I use it to brainstorm at the beginning of a new Project to make sure I have an overview of the relevant Topics for that Project. MindManager gives me an easy way to organize my thoughts

Cons

I wish there was a better way to let the user determine which clusters he wants in what place. Sometimes it's a a Little bit of a pain to get things in the desired order

Jeremy B.

HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

really despise their billing practices and forcing upgrades.

Pros

Easy to use but HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Cons

Forced upgrades.... I have used Mindjet for over 10+ years and bought upgraded versions about 4ish times in that.... when the latest OSX update they refused to put out a "patch" and forced new upgrades for the first 2+ months! No less their subscription server auto-billed an OLD credit 8 months into my "free 1 year upgrade window".... at this point only reason I have kept using it is lots of old files in mindjet format!

Frances A.
  • Industry: Higher Education

MindManager is my program of choice!

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

I have used Mind Manager since version Pro X5 (2004). I used it for school when I was a student and for work for both project planning and brainstorming. I had tried a free mind mapping program but did not like it as much as I liked Mind Manager.

Pros

MindManager is easy to use because the interface is like to Microsoft products. It is great for project planning and brainstorming. It was easy to use from the start.

Cons

The cost is a downside because they update it frequently, and the upgrade cost is expensive.

Sun K.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very simple and easy to use software to map out your thoughts.

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

This software has a very low learning curve and you can effectively use the software almost immediately.

Pros

Very good number of templates to easily create flowcharts to org charts. There are a good number of built-in icons and images that can be added to flowcharts. Easily export your projects as images or html.

Cons

Wish it could handle bullet points better. Wish it had a slightly larger selection of images and icons to choose from.

Travis B.

Really good and easy to use to get my ideas out

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Overall its a great tool for getting your thoughts down on paper

Pros

Easy to use and great for brain storming! Great software and lots of customisation like the ability to add pictures and icons to maps

Cons

The software is a bit pricy compared to some online software but its very robust and I love how it works

David C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Best software for expanding your ideas

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

This software has allowed me to really grow any business idea.. it is awesome to start an idea with a flowchart but can be quite difficult to do on paper overtime.

Pros

The ease of use and the functionality of it.

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing yet. I am blown away with this software

Mike L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Awesome software for creating Mind Maps - FUN to use!

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

Best mind map software on the market!
Easy & FUN to use.
Can use it to document business processes.
Easy to edit and make changes.

Cons

A bit expensive.
Wish there were a few more icons & labels available.

Takunda M.

Mind Manager review

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Pros

Being able to graphically develop and represent my thoughts, then share the same.

Cons

Whist a novice user can quicly use it , certain advanced functionality would require training

• Used for 1-5 months

Mindmanager Review

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Happy with the product on an overall basis. Very handy tool to get organized and to move quicker through projects.

Pros

I like the ease of use for mapping out my thoughts, but I use it mostly for Website projects which is easier to maintain a birds eye view of with this. Easier than paper in most cases.

Cons

A little more options would not hurt. Missing pop ups for documents for the links.

Yvonne A.

Creates Professional Mindmaps

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

Pros

Really good interface with lots of options for playing with the design. The maps look very professional!

Cons

You can't open it on other computers unless the program is installed on the device

Mike P.

Power User

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

I have used just about every version of MindManager since 2002. I have been a beta tester and a MindManager trainer. The latest version of the software is excellent with a large number of advanced features including HTML 5 export which allows maps to be opened in all web browsers without having the Mindjet application. Maps are navigable and in the same resolution as original. Other new features include a timeline map type and integration with many other apps through Zappier. Mindmanager is just one of many mind mapping applications and positions itself firmly in the business market with tight integration with MS Office and other business tools such as Sharepoint. It's market positioning makes it one of the more expensive Mind Mapping tools on the market but its rich feature set and ease of use makes up for the premium pricing. Similar levelMindMapping packages are iMindMap which is unique in its rich formatting capability that most closely follows Tony Buzzan's original Mind Mapping concepts and Mind Genius with a unique project focus.

Pros

Ease of use and high resolution of text, excellent integration with MS Office apps, Zappier integration possibilities, built in browser pane for fast context based research

Cons

Some advanced features are hard to find in menu structure if you are unfamiliar

• Industry: Market Research

Long time and regular user

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Compelling collaboration tool; powerful think-things-through tool.

Pros

It's easy to use, with largely intuitive keystrokes, and offers a pretty wide range of situations it can work in. It's also got decent readers and translators to get it out to people who don't have the software. A lot of folks I've worked with have done the 30-day trial to allow us to collaborate, and that's been pretty successful. The company also has a robust user-supplied collection of templates and guides for using it for specialized things (like ad-campaign planning, project planning, org charts, etc.) It's a powerful visual communication tool that really shines when projecting notes or idea-development progress in front of a collaborative group.

Cons

They have been promising the addition of flow-charting for a couple of years; it's still promised and it's something I would use just about every day if/when it's available.

Logan K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent Brainstorming tool and Mind Manager is the easiest to use and most powerful tool yet

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Excellent experience. It is a powerful mind mapping, brainstorming tool that I recommend to anyone who has some hard thinking to do.

Pros

This tool is very intuitive to use, meaning that I can worry only about brainstorming and not about layout.

Cons

The filters are very powerful as they allow you to rapidly hide branches that don't meet your search criteria.
I wish you could save your favourite filters instead of remaking them each time.
I wish there was a more powerful app that allowed me to edit maps on mobile devices

Andreas L.

MindManager - Get your muddled-up thoughts and visualize them

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

It was the whiteboard to our business plan when we started our comapny and had a great friend to map out what was in my mind inorder to visualize my growth strategy

Pros

The most intuitive piece of software I have used when tryingto map business ideas into an exectable action plan. Able to add files and hyperlinks easily. Share the document with users and even print the diagram in larger formats. Great for our SWOT analysis to visually understand where we stand.

Cons

Takes a bit to get used to the many ways to annotate the diagram

• Industry: Legal Services

Strong Visual Management Tool

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Pros

MindManager helps visualize complex workflows and tasks and offers a high-level view of a project and operational work. I use this tool to help organize project information and provide it to managers for presentations. The application comes built with various templates and excellent, hands on tutorials to learn the program in a quick manner.

Mindmanager has a strong interoperbility with other software and forms can be exported into various Microsoft programs, PDF, etc.

Cons

This tool is not scalable. In order to take advantage of all of its features requires extensive use by the end user. It's really a tool for a specific view in an organization.

Eric M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 2+ years

great for thought processing

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Pros

great way to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, etc) that gave you a full picture of the job rather than a bulleted list

Cons

some employees couldn't follow the alternative way of the information flow