PDQ Deploy

Designed for businesses with multiple IT assets in any indus

4.8/5

74 Software options

John H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Save yourself time and buy it now

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

PDQ Deploy (and Inventory) are quite literally open on my workstation all day/every day. We're a relatively lean IT department, and automation is critical to our success. I simply don't have to worry about patching several 3rd party applications as well as deploying new software to the environment.

Pros

The time savings PDQ Deploy generates makes it invaluable to our organization. If we were to attempt half of what PDQ does on a daily basis, we'd have to double our department size.

Cons

While I technically loved the idea of a PDQ agent, I realize it wasn't in the cards. That said, we've pretty much removed the need for an endpoint agent by deploying remote access VPNs.

Jeroen G.
  • Industry: Farming

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

Pros

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

Cons

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy.
(edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Bart A.

Deployment with ease.

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

It makes updating so much less time consuming and gives a proper overview about the installation states. Also using the integration with PDQ Inventory keeping software up to date that was installed later on manually on some machines also works. So if you for example installed an Adobe Reader manually that still can be updated by the software once it identified it. Update scheduling works like a charm.

Pros

Finally a product that does what it's supposed to do. And it's actually good at what it's doing. It is highly flexible. So if you just want to copy some files that works with this product as well as installations that do checks on dependencies. It has an own repository where already configured application installations exist. It can have schedules, it can deploy to one or more machines. You can group installations. It integrates nicely with PDQ inventory. What else to say than this is just great software for a reasonable price. It does what it is intended for and more.

Cons

I think there are no real cons worth mentioning. Just try and buy this software you will not regret.

Jacob B.
  • Industry: Warehousing

PDQ is a Joy

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Pros

The automation capabilities provided by PDQ have allowed our team to offload meaningless manual tasks. We are able to reliably and regularly patch all of software we maintain, push settings and configuration, and save both the admins and end users so much time.

Cons

It would be an excellent addition to be able to manage remote endpoints.

Chad K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

This product took my IT dept to the next level with having complete control and insight into my assets and what they need

Pros

I love every feature. There hasn't been one thing that PDQ hasn't had that I needed

Cons

Nothing. I absolutely love it. There hasn't been one thing that PDQ hasnt had that I needed

Dovid H.

Powerful updating tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Better security by keeping software up to date.

Pros

I can keep hundreds of computers remotely and automatically.

Cons

I like everything. Any issues, PDQ Support jumps right on it. Support is amazing.

Jason D.

Saves me time!

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Pdq software has been a live saver. Super cheap and easy to use.

Pros

Auto packaged 3rd party updates, easy to build your own packages.

Cons

There isn’t a thing not to like! Really!!

James S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

This is the best value proposition in this software space.

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

I'm loving it. There is nothing more be said.

Pros

This platform simply enables me to effectively cover 3 or 4 different job functions. I'm more productive, the company can keep labor costs down and this product is available for a song at this price point. There is no better value for quality enterprise software period.

Cons

The only thing that I want to do that I currently don't see a means for yet is mass build deployments to new machines. It may be a function that exists in the platform that I haven't discovered yet, but if not it's something I would love to see.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great tool for a sysadmin

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Pros

I like the fact that it allows me to finish most of my taks much faster. Its very easy to use once you set everything up. I've made lists with computer names based on my categories, i just pack the software or command and deploy it with ease.

Cons

Everytime my password changes(every 3 months), i have to change the password for PDQ from services.msc . Also, sometimes the error code is not accurate.

Mark V.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My review

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

The different way's to change settings on remote systems, like Powershell, DOS, Batch, Registry and the deployment of urgent software installation is used until now. In the future we will deploy many more.

Pros

Flexible and fast update possibilities.

Cons

I've not found any disablillities yet.

Rusty L.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Educational Use

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

I like the fact that is interacts with Active Directory, which makes it easier to select a group of computers to deploy applications/scripts to.

Cons

The cost is the biggest issue I have with the software, I work for a small school district, so money is something there is not a lot of, which makes it hard to afford when there are other needs.

André L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

Pros

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

Cons

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Gabe C.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

We Love PDQ, But...

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Overall it has been a wise investment. This last year with WFH has been incredibly difficult though. DNS struggles to identify systems and half the systems are not online. We really need a functioning client for machines outside of our network.

Pros

PDQ is lightweight and incredibly efficient. Having the flexibility to deploy packages to dynamic collections is by far our favorite feature.

Cons

We have had an incredibly difficult time over the last year with systems outside the network or on a VPN. Removing the inventory client was a big loss for us. We would happily use a client if you had one.

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Libraries

PDQ Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

Pros

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

Cons

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

Reasons for Switching to PDQ Deploy

PDQ had a more simplistic feel than the more robust solutions. To many complications can cause headaches and PDQ allows you to stay simple or expand as far as you want.
Mark D.

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

I install all software remotely now. It works great for lab environments that need all of the same software installed. It saves time instead of going to each system to install software.

Pros

Remotely install software and patch them.

Cons

Have a supported way to install Window feature updates.

Timothy M.

PDQ Deploy is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Patch management is crucial for our organization. We also have specialized applications which need to be updated semi-frequently. So being able to use Deploy to quick, easily and reliably push changes and updates across our entire organization is critical.

Pros

Love the hotkey functions. Ease of use and overall UI is great. Easy to navigate, configure and change the product itself as well as quickly and easily build and deploy packages.

Cons

The option for setting "offset" days with scheduled deployments would be nice as we typically schedule our deployments based of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.

Aaron D.

Professional Windows Hater, PDQ Lover

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

My day job is to hate Windows. I switch companies to Linux, and I deal with Windows security issues. PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory are hands-down the best tools I've ever used in a Windows environment. I actually *love* using them and can't see how I survived the last few decades without them.

Pros

Ridiculously easy to set up, well-designed interface, it's obvious the developers dogfood their own software.

Cons

I have no cons when using PDQ software. It's truly a joy to use.

William B.

PDQ Deploy - Program Deployment Helper?

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

I would recommend most people try out PDQ Deploy and Inventory. If you are looking for a software package that has the features that PDQ does, you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for a comparable solution however, you could also check out Goverlan.

Pros

PDQ has been able to streamline our deployment process of programs onto our workstations. With a couple clicks, we were able to use PDQ to deploy several different software packages across our district. In addition to their useful tool, PDQ Inventory (a software that is required to run PDQ Deploy) also helps us get an accurate inventory of all of the machines within our domain.

Cons

Some features of PDQ Deploy are limited without buying the full version. The same can be said about their inventory system, but I suppose the cost are justified as this software package is mostly worth the value.

James K.
  • Industry: Machinery

Good for pushing out software

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

IT has been great. Can make your own packages for deployment which makes software install a breeze.

Pros

It is easy to create a package for software and install it on another user's computer. I use this to push out software instead of having to go a user's computer and installing it there.

Cons

Can be a little difficult to find the silent install switches for some of the software. Sometimes a google search can get you the answer, sometimes not. This can make it hit or miss if you do not have the correct switches for the parameters.

Alexander A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Instead of images we use this package to deploy new onboarding (i know crazy). This has cut our work time significantly. We also quickly deploy software on demand at any time.

Pros

Loaded with features, easy to use, it just works.

Cons

The GUI could be updated, their library is kind of small in my opinion.

Jonathan R.

I cant say enough good things about PDQ deploy

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

Super easy to create a software package for deployment. The software comes with a library of already created deployments as well.

Cons

It takes a bit for the program to load. Other than that, there is nothing negative for me to say about it.

Tom F.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Quickly push software to your devices from your desk

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

The greatest benefit is to send out packages remotely to devices on the network. PDQ constantly releases new product updates that provide many great improvements to an already great product.

Pros

The access to a library of common software tools that are needed for devices in my environment.

Cons

Some software is not already available in the library and takes some time to create custom bundles to push to client devices.

Rick G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Invaluable Tool

Reviewed on 05/07/2021

Installing new software and updates to basic software like Adobe and VLC are extremely simple and with such a small department it’s an invaluable tool I wouldn’t think of ever getting rid of.

Pros

Ease of use and consistent and predictable results.

Cons

Would like to see built in deployment packages expanded.

Dennis F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Feature rich and works great

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Very positive and lots of online resources with this product and company.

Pros

Ease of setup and configuration. Very helpful online support articles, videos and web presentations to help in learning and setup.

Cons

We chose to stay with the free version, which is limited, however meets our needs. Some additional research may be needed when setting up your own patch packages.

Huge time saver!

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Pros

I like that I can now ensure that PCs across our company here at our corporate office as well as our remote locations via VPN, have up-to-date software and all I have to do is push a few buttons.

Cons

There's not anything I really dislike but if I had to pick something I guess I'd like to see the package library have more options.