QuickBooks Payroll

642 Software options

Paul B.

Quickbooks Online Payroll

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

The software continues to be very efficient and provides ease of use. However, the confidence I have in customer service is what makes me stick with this software and not look elsewhere for an alternative.

Pros

Ease of implementation and constant guidance available from customer service to resolve any issue. Also the ability to access and run payroll from any device that can reach the internet provides so much productivity.

Cons

The Elite payroll service seems so restrictive. I cannot access many of the settings or execute many of the functions that I could through the Core payroll service. To change these settings I need to go through customer service, which was very confusing and frustrating during the implementation of the payroll service.

Brianna F.

A God-send for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

I would recommend Quickbooks Payroll to new businesses that are looking for an easy way to stay organized and pay bills on time.

Pros

As a cost-plus general contractor, we highly utilize the ERP Integrations System from Procore to create vendors in Quickbooks. Within those vendors, it is easy to enter and pay bills to subcontractors. Creating customer jobs allows us to use job-cost codes to bill our clients. The reconciliation tool helps us double check that our charges match up what is on our monthly statement. Also, the ability to print checks through Quickbooks is useful and looks professional. Probably the most useful tool in Quickbooks is the Profit & Loss tool that allows you to break out individual G/L accounts and easily see your gross income and profit. If our company did not have Quickbooks, we would be so unorganized. Quickbooks is a fantastic software that keeps our expenses, payroll, and vendors organized and stored all in one helpful place.

Cons

The reconciliation tool for credit card charges can be challenging to use and takes additional introduction and training from an accountant to ensure it is being done correctly.

Jeni W.

From Desktop program to Online program

Reviewed on 11/05/2020

Fast, prompt and knowledgeable assistance. As a new user to the online platform I am a bit of a chore to help, however I have received fantastic service including explanations so guide to me should the issue return. It is comforting that I can expect a prompt response when I reach out for help as I am uncomfortable with any facet of the company bookkeeping in limbo for any length of time.

Pros

Automatic features such as tax calculations and submit, ease of importing bank feeds.

Cons

Templates limited in customization. Possibly because we are a construction office and our invoicing is a bit particular. Also, I have customized and saved a report similar to the 'print check stub' feature in the desktop version, small learning curve there and wouldn't mind seeing that report option.

Kathy R.

QuickBooks is Awesome

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Pros

It is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

More user friendly and tech support is phenomenal.
Katie C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Full Payroll Service Review

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

It is much easier to keep track of what we are paying and to whom without as many errors.

Pros

It is very easy for our company to keep track of our different employees that work in different states and process their payroll accordingly as well as payroll taxes. It is also easy to pay your unemployment and withholding taxes as well as file quarterly reports and such. They have great customer service if you are ever stuck and need help they will walk you through on what you need to do.

Cons

I have not currently found anything I don't like the more I am learning daily the easier it is getting.

Suresh P.

Been using this for 15+ years with no major issues

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Would be great if I was able to batch process my payroll, especially when I have 25 clients at the moment. Also, that would help with reminders on a single screen, as opposed to per company which only pops up when that company file is open.

Pros

Like the fact that I can use this software for up to 50 EIN's without incurring an additional cost by employee count. One-time annual subscription helps with knowing what my cost is upfront.

Cons

Would be great if I could work on several clients at the same time when doing payroll. Hate that I have to open and close company files every time I need to enter data.

Quickbooks Payroll

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Quickbooks is the most used software for accountants but I think there are quite a few flaws with it. The basics are user-friendly but not much more than that.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that everything is done for you, essentially. I basically just have to run the payroll and the rest is done for me. I do not have to worry about filing quarterly or annual reports because Quickbooks does it for me.

Cons

There a couple of issues that I have with this software. 1) If I have an employee who has a mailing address out of state, I cannot change the state code in the software. 2)There are only a couple of options on how allowances are paid out and how vacation is accrued. It would be better if they had more options to customize it. For allowances, I have to make sure that I only have it on one paycheck instead of splitting it up between paychecks because it does not add up correctly by the end of the month.

Alan M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Quickbooks Payroll....I couldn't live without it!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Pros

I LOVE using Quickbooks Payroll. The software is easy to use, and it takes away the stress of managing sometimes complex payroll calculations. I highly recommend this product...you'll not regret it!

Cons

Like most large companies, it appears that customer service has been outsourced to locations around the world. While that's not a problem, it can become one when it's difficult to understand the person on the other end of the phone...just a language barrier, I suppose.

Amanda H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Thank You!

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Just want to thank quickbooks. So very helpful. I went from working for someone else to running a company with ZERO experience. If it weren't for the ease of this product and the customer service being there to help with anything I never could of done it!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and they have great customer service that is there to help with anything.

Cons

So far there isn't anything that I can think of.

Kathy L.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Loyal Customer

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

I have used the desk top for several years and when I was introduced to the on-line version....it was a rap!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate through the program, very helpful for anyone who is a business owners .
Customer service is excellent!

Cons

Only problem I had was I got a call back from a C SR and the hung up on me because I told them that they had a very heavy accent and I need someone who could help me with out me having to repeat myself.

• Industry: Accounting

QuickBooks Payroll makes paying employees a breeze

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

QuickBooks payroll allows small business owners to accurately track taxes and file appropriately. I don't have to second guess if I'm doing my payroll correctly because I know QuickBooks has it covered.

Pros

I love the fact that it integrates with QuickBooks software. I've it with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online and it makes running payroll easy. I've used both Enhanced and Full Service payroll. It's nice because it tells you when you need to file forms and how much you need to pay in to the local/state/fed agencies. It really takes the headache out of paying employees.

Cons

The set up is a little confusing at times, but QuickBooks has support for it. Just make sure you allow enough time to set it up.

Zita R.
  • Industry: Farming

Quickbooks Desktop still reliable

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Pros

It's reliable, don't need internet to run it and it's easy to use. We thought about switching to Online but like the security of desktop.

Cons

Would be nice to have internet as back-up option, as well as to have it run better on Windows 10. Finding some issues with it not being compatible with anti virus protection.

Carol H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

I really like how easy it is to use and they have great costumer support. They always seem to go the extra mile for you.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use in keeping track of our day to day banking and payroll.

Cons

I can honestly say I do not have any negative problems with the software at this time.

Amrutlal P.

Quickbooks Pro Enterprise Edition

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

I enjoy using the software

Pros

Very easy to contact support and they are very knowledgeable. Also easy to enter information into the system.

Cons

Have to make sure you keep backups regular. I forgot to turn on autobackup feature and I lost hdd. I ended up having to reenter my old information on a fresh install

Danny D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

The price is minimal to have professional help for a small business payroll. From tracking hours, vacation, days missed, and end of the year tax forms makes it easy.

Pros

The convenience, and simplicity of entering information .

Cons

Getting to know the system at start up can be intimidating

Cherie M.

Hanscomb Payroll Issue

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

I love QB customer service team...ALWAYS helpful and friendly. It's almost like I know them personally.

Pros

Payroll - Easy to update profiles, change pay status, time sheets sync with each payroll run

Cons

Filling taxes - not an easy format. It needs to be simple.

Courtney G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Made my payroll life easy!

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

Love that it does everything for me. This software makes my payroll life easy. I'm not worried about W2 or 1099s and the reminders are great too.

Cons

I haven't really encountered any thing I didn't like, but I would love the option to apply a portion of an employees pay to a specific class. You can apply an employee to a class, but not portions of their pay to various classes.

Michele M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Payroll EAse with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Excellent, I would recommend using QB PAyroll to others.

Pros

It was so easy to process payroll. Assistance was always available to help with any questions.

Cons

If you made an error, there was not much time allowed to fix it.

Victor M.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

The service has helped us stay within the law. They provide all the reporting and we simply submit the hours. They have saved me time and money.

Pros

I appreciate their support. It is always easy and quick to get in touch with a support agent. They are also very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

I sincerely cannot find a con. I have been completely satisfied with this service.

• Used for 2+ years

Correction of UI

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Very good so far.

Pros

Ease of use. I can walk new clients through it in a snap.

Cons

Not sure yet. Time will tell what issues come up

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Price
William D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Been with Intuit for 15+ years their service has gone way done

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

e loved Inuit Payroll for 20 years but the past 2 years they are terrible. They mistakenly filed our 940 forms twice in 2019 for the same quarter, and then when they file the second one they send you a notice that your payroll was rejected because "SOMEONE" (ah it was you.... dumb a...) filed it. We went through hell last year, getting this resolved and their customer service sucks....bad. We were left to solve the problem on our own. My QB consultant warned me that Intuit payroll is screwing everything up and I should switch to ADP. But, no I did not listen and now they did the same mistake this year. Intuit Payroll why don't you just go out of business or better sell to ADP or Paychex.

Pros

It is easy when it works. But if you need help forget it.

Cons

Customer service is bad, you are ditched when there is an issue and you are on your own

Allen B.

Great customer service!!

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

Pros

everything works amazing for my clients and my own business.

Cons

I would highly suggest a little bit a lower price for the product.

Erin C.

Card info savor

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Pros

What i love the most about this software saves your card info instantly and saves many very securely. So everytime i order something i dont have to find card and fill in card info everytime it autofills for me.

Cons

There is not one thing i would change about this software i love everything about it.

Jasmine F.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

quckbook payroll

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

GREAT !!!!

Pros

Team member help me understand the payroll services and make it easy for my company to manage.

Cons

This does not apply. No Comment.........

Amy B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to use for payroll and quick way to have your taxes configured all at once

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Pros

Easy to input for payroll and have taxes automatically figured.

Cons

Its a little pricey but worth it to know the taxes are done correctly.