QuickBooks Online Reviews

Irene
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Excellent online software

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

I am very happy with this product. I use it for bookkeeping and my accountant reviews my entries at regular intervals.

Pros

It is easy to use and you can't do anything wrong. I am using this program for 4-5 years and never had any technical issues. Reporting is straightforward and I can see my financial situation at any time.

Cons

I am a happy QuickBooks user and have nothing negative to report.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online

Excel is not handy for a large amount of invoices and there is always risk you might damage the formulas implemented.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

My accountant prefers QuickBooks.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Fantastic cloud-based accounting solution for any size company

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

If you want a single spot to manage your finances, I can think of no better option than QuickBooks Online. There's no need to download or install any software, and they've been a frontrunner in the accounting software market for many years.

Pros

One of my clients right now utilizes QuickBooks Online to keep track of their finances and sellable goods. My own personal involvement with this system spans several years, and I am responsible for managing it from an administrative and deployment perspective.

Cons

I'm hoping they'll upgrade their website to accept Schedule K forms soon. New users may find it difficult to get their bearings, depending on their familiarity with accounting software.

Joseph

Simple Yet Very Effective

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

This is the perfect system for both small and even mid-sized companies. Everything is easy to learn and can be mastered quickly. You can use the system for simple and complex transactions just as easily.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn and get comfortable with QBO. The simplicity does not sacrifice effectiveness as I find myself able to operate well in any function of my role. Data is organized well enough to be able to go back and find any transactions that I need to look for. The system typically runs very smooth with minimal glitches and slow downs.

Cons

The integration with external apps could be improved. The versatility of QBO could be enhanced to interact more clearly with other/more apps.

Michael
  • Industry: Entertainment

Staggeringly bad unresolved security issue

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Pros

The ability to keep my books in one place along with payroll.

Cons

Everything is overly complicated. Payroll doesn't integrate nicely with accounting, and it always seems a pain to run payroll. More importantly, I've been dealing with a payroll issue for about six months, where QBO is sending an email to a completely unrelated person at an email address I've never seen before. I have spent literally hours on support trying to resolve it. The last several times, they claim it's resolved, but it isn't. The user they're emailing our sensitive company information to is another Intuit user who uses the same accountant that we use, but has ZERO connection to our business. It's embarrassing that a company holding so much sensitive information can't manage to resolve this issue. I'd switch to a different solution in a heartbeat if I could find something that did everything we need it to do.

Gusto and Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

I thought it would be easier for my accountant, and it has the suite of products that we do need for our business.
Priscilla
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

QB Online

Reviewed on 24/02/2024

Fast and easy to switch over from desktop QB and then easy to use once you log in and begin wik

Pros

User friendly and works great. Do not normally have any issues when using and even if there are, usually easy to fix and continue working afterwards.

Cons

Took a while to get everyone in the company onboard with using something new but once we did, it has worked good. Sometimes there are little hiccups, which can be distracting but all in all, easy to use once you get the hang

Christine

QB online is an effective tool for bookkeeping

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Overall good, QB online is a great option for bookkeeping. It is universal for most applications and integrates well with other programs.

Pros

I love that it is online and that I can access it from any computer. Invoicing online and being able to see if a client has viewed their invoice is a great feature as well. It gives our clients a fast option to make their payments. We also love that we can have a remote bookkeeper and they can have access as well so we can have that position off site.

Cons

The credit card fees don't work for us and we wish the payroll feature was so expensive.

Lynn
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Small Mental Health Provider/Business in Private Practice

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

It's been fairly good and I am not sure if there is another way to create invoices and send them to my clients to pay for their services therefore using Quick Books has allowed me to provide this feature and option for my client's.

Pros

The ease of the set up and the ability to begin using it immediately.

Cons

There are features I do not need which I would love to remove and have an ability to personalize the features.

Davis

NGO Management and Accounting with QBO

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

I've had a great experience working with QuickBooks Online. The ERP is easy to use, it's light and loads very fast with an average Internet speed.

Pros

I like the fact that one can easily create customers, vendors, products, and services in QuickBooks Online. We also have an easier and convenient way of adding specific product and service information such as unit cost, and graphic description of the products and/or services by uploading an image. As a non-profit, QUickBooks Online allows us to customize our system and use appropriate accounting principles that are specific to our organizational needs and existing policies and legislations. Remote access is also another great feature of QuickBooks Online, we can easily and safely access our platform from the convenience of our home, this has been really helpful for our team–considering that we work from home.

Cons

It can sometimes be confusing to delete or recuse an entry. It would be helpful to have user friendly options for entirely deleting an erroneous entry.

LAURA

Nothing like it out there

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Overall great - it's expensive but nothing else can do everything it does.

Overall great - it's expensive but nothing else can do everything it does.

Pros

very helpful for taxes and business reports. Running payroll wouldn't be possible without quickbooks.

Cons

I wish the payroll tax center was more organized. When employees change states it's not super user friendly to set up the new states.

Robyn
  • Industry: Design

Great Value and Easy to Implement

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Overall I'm happy with QBO. It integrates seamlessly with my design software, Houzz Pro, and it's easy to collaborate with my bookkeepers.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is fairly easy to use after some initial time learning how to understand the software. It was very easy for me to get my bookkeeper set up as a member of my team so they can start helping me reconcile my expenses.

Cons

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve, and it's not very intuitive for a first time user.

Mike

Makes daily financial task super easy

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

QBO is a daily workhorse for me. Payroll is a breeze with direct deposit, reconciling now takes 2 seconds because of the bank feed, and it's easier to stay on top of my accounts and balances.

Pros

The integration with banking transactions is what I like the most about QBO. It makes daily entering so easy. The bank feed allows me to add transactions in real time to proper accounts. I don't need to remember to manually create expenses after making payments because I know it will be there tomorrow in QBO for me to add.

Cons

What I like least about QBO, is the inability to go back on mistakes the same way I could with the manual desktop version. In Quickbooks Desktop, I could easily change things like payroll or tax transactions if I made a mistake in the original entry. But with QBO, there are a lot of times I have to reach out to support to get them make changes in the back end.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online

Wanted to be able to access my books anywhere my accountant suggested it.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

I chose QBO because Intuit was able to migrate my Quickbooks Desktop company to Quickbooks Online very easy.
Breanna
  • Industry: Accounting

Best for those not trained in accounting

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

QBO is great because it allows our clients access to their books any time, anywhere. We are finding this is increasingly important to our clients. It also allows clients to do their own invoicing and receive payments themselves in the same system we are using for their bookkeeping. This product really is the future of bookkeeping.

Pros

Far and away the best feature of this software is that it's cloud based. So many clients want to be able to see their books from anywhere, at any time, on any device. If you are using this for a small business and are not trained in bookkeeping/accounting, this is the easiest bookkeeping software on the market.

Cons

If you are a trained bookkeeper/accountant you will likely be disappointed that it's not as flexible as Sage 50. They payroll module is terrible unless you have simple payroll with no deductions or special pay circumstances. While you can do a journal entry with a supplier name, you can't enter a negative invoice. They've updated with a credit card credit that allows you to enter a negative credit card transaction but it's limited to credit card transactions only.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

QBO is far more advanced than the Sage cloud product. My preference would be Sage 50 but because this is cloud based, it's the next best thing.
Ahmad

QBO is excellent for non-profit except for a few limitations

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

It is the best for small size non-profits as long as one can find an away to produce end of year donation tax statements

Pros

If you know how to setup the chart of accounts including using Locations and Classes you can fairly run non-profit accounting very smoothly. Data entry is simple. Reporting is fairly good.
Import and export functions are very good.

Cons

There are serious limitations with issuing end of year donation statements. One can't filter out sales and can't customize the statement text to meet regulations. The statements are very inflexible.

Aplos

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online

Online access and easier user experience

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

Although Aplos was made for non-profits it didn't give us the flexibility to setup our chart of accounts to enable the required reporting across restricted/unrestricted funds, programs and bank accounts.
Eugene
  • Industry: Food Production

QuickBooks Online for the win!

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

Overall my experience with QuickBooks online has been very positive. The pricing is fair. The system has incredible capability, and keeps all of our financial affairs in order.

Pros

I don’t think we would be able to run our business without QuickBooks. This software has allowed us to handle all aspects of accounting in-house. The best part is the help section which contains answers to just about any accounting questions we have ever run into.

Cons

There’s a lot of features we don’t use that seem to be in the way while navigating through the program.

Zoho Books and Sage X3

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online

we switched because freshbooks became too expensive, and not have all the features that we needed to use

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

pricing as well as capability were a determining factor. QuickBooks online had far more features that we were looking for in a much more intuitive system.

Response from Intuit

Hello there, and thanks for leaving your review here, Eugene!

It's so awesome hearing how well QuickBooks has been working for your small business. That's amazing.

If you ever need any help with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out through the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account and we'd be glad to get you taken care of by phone or chat.

All the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Rachel

I LOVED THE OLDER VERSION. New version, not so much. So we switched.

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Pros

Biggest Pro: This is built for robust accounting. The older version of Quickbooks online for Mac included an app. That app was key because the browser version often took a long time to load. I could get in, out , and be done in minutes. There was even a time tracking technology that was integrated at the time that was included in the package for free. It was great... and then it all changed.

Cons

I don't love the new browser only experience. It wasn't as seamless as the app. The time tracking is now $$$.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your review, Rachel!

We appreciate you giving QuickBooks Online a try, and we're glad that it worked well for you while you guys were using it.

If you'd ever reconsider the product in the future, or meet others that are interested, please feel free to visit: (quickbooks.intuit.com) and you can get in touch via phone or chat for assistance!

We wish you the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Tre
  • Industry: Events Services

A Quick, QuickBooks Review

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

I found the program to be user-friendly and effective in managing their finances. I discovered Quickbooks Online as a Small Business owner & found that QuickBooks Online makes it simple to prepare and send expert invoices, track spending, and produce reports to aid in financial decision-making.The software's user-friendly interface and capacity for integration with other tools, such as payment processors or payroll systems, this was a huge valued to me. Users may also value the convenience of having access to the software from any location with an internet connection.

Pros

The Invoicing, Because it helpa users make invoices that increase professionalism, QuickBooks Online provides editable invoice templates, which is a huge help. Along with the ability for users can automate payment reminders and create recurring bills.

Cons

There are reports online that some users have had problems with the software's customer service. While some customers say they have had good experiences with customer service, others say it can be difficult to get quick and efficient help when they run into problems with the software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online

Better Service, more intuitive platform.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online

Quickbook's User-friendly interface: QuickBooks Online offers an intuitive layout that is simple to use and comprehend, making it the perfect choice for companies without a specialized accounting team.QBO has a wide range of additional programs and tools it can link with, including as payroll providers, payment processors, and project management software. This can boost productivity and streamline your company's operations.Accounting software like QuickBooks Online has robust invoicing and spending monitoring features that can help companies better manage their cash flow.Reports that can be customized include cash flow statements, balance sheets, and profit and loss statements in QuickBooks Online. Users can also design unique reports based on their particular requirements.
Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline Your Accounting Process with Quickbooks Online

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

I had the chance to work with Quickbooks Online while serving as an IT intern at a small firm near my university. I discovered the software to be user-friendly and intuitive. I could access financial data using its cloud-based platform from any place, which was especially helpful when working remotely. I had no trouble creating and sending invoices, keeping track of spending, or handling payroll. I was able to further streamline the accounting process because to the software's connectivity with other third-party programs.

Pros

In order to meet the requirements of small businesses, Quickbooks Online provides a full range of accounting tools. Users can access financial data through its cloud-based platform at any time and from any location. The program includes tools for controlling expenses, managing payroll, and tracking inventory. Additionally, Quickbooks Online integrates with many different third-party applications, giving users more functionality and flexibility. Users find it simple to learn how to use and navigate thanks to its user-friendly interface and thorough instructions.

Cons

The pricing structure of Quickbooks Online is one of its biggest flaws. The cost of the program is determined by the plan and the number of users, and it is charged on a monthly subscription basis. The price may be too high for some users, particularly small firms with tight resources. Additionally, despite the software's extensive feature set, not all businesses may find it useful because some users may need more specialized accounting tools.

Brandon
Brandon
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

QuickBooks is a great remote accounting solution

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

QuickBooks Online has been crucial in our company's expansion because it allows for several individuals to view the data at once. When we were still using the desktop client, we had to be extra vigilant about who was making changes and at what times. The following day, you can find that everything you've done has been completely overwritten. We've got that sorted up now thanks to QB Online.

Pros

It's great that we can sign in from any of our devices, wherever in the world. The ability to collaborate in the software at the same time without accidentally erasing one another's changes has been crucial to our development.

Cons

The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it is available exclusively online. If you don't have internet access, or if your connection is unreliable, you might as well be out of luck. At times, the system appears to be slow, but this isn't a problem we can't solve.

Samuel

No support whatsoever

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

Abysmal. We've experienced too many bugs, and they lost our payroll data with no resolution in sight.

Pros

It has most of the features we need, and doesn't feel like a compromise compared to a desktop app. It's initially easy to set-up and use.

Cons

It's extremely buggy, and the support is non-existent. Modules stop working entirely, like the whole payroll system, and it can take weeks or months before the issue is resolved. Think about that for a second.

Their support is horrendous; they do not call back when they say they will, and will never let you speak with a supervisor or anyone who could possibly escalate your ticket. Every time you call back, you're starting from scratch; The bottom-line is, when something goes wrong, no one is ever held accountable, and you are on your own.

Also note that the US and Canadian instances are a completely different product, and so it's difficult to find 3rd party plugins that work with your geographical region.

Felice
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

QuickBooks Online 2021

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

I have used QuickBooks Online for a number of years and, for the most part, it has been positive - except for the decline in service over the past couple of years. It gets what you need done, but don't look for it to be too customizable for your individual needs.

Pros

QuickBooks Online is a relatively easy product to set up and start using. Over the past few years there a more and more programs that can be integrated into it. It gives you the basic details you need if you take the time to set it up correctly.

Cons

I don't know why QuickBooks did not give the online version the same features that the desktop version has. We sometimes struggle to work with our accountant as she only knows the desktop version, and when she asks us to make a change, it is hard for her to explain how to do it because the method is different. Also, there are not as many reports available in the online version. One thing that really bugs me is that even if you add a memo, there is no way to get it to appear on the check or in the memo area of the ledger. Lastly, I feel like customer service has really declined over the past couple of years - it feels like QuickBooks is not supporting their staff and giving them the training they need.

Response from Intuit

We definitely appreciate your business, and your feedback regarding the Online version. Alternatively, you can use the QuickBooks Desktop version but put in on the Right Networks hosting cloud. This allows you to access the Desktop program from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. This a great option to have access to the Desktop version on the go and to get additional reports (https://tinyurl.com/2p993nn2). Wishing you the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Zeenat
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

The Efficiency of QuickBooks Online for your business

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

I enjoy using this and the ease of using this software, it is made for smaller to medium sized business and is an excellent solution for point of sale , inventory management and payroll. You can run your entire store with this software and do the payroll and have all files prepared for external accountants without too much effort especially at business year end. Everything is organized.

Pros

This product was easy to use , it was easy implemented and integrated within my store. I feel that it has so many useful tools for your business as well as critical and vital tools for a business to operate successfully and cost effieciently aswell as cost effectively.
It is so simple to have a software that integrates to all your devices, it runs your payroll automatically as you set it , it facilitates tax compliance so there is no need to stress at year end as with this software you are well organized and your documentation is on hand ready to file. Being able to jus use your mobile phone to upload receipts and make invoices is another perk as we all know that although a mobile phone would not replace a computer it is just as efficient as one in any ways in todays tech driven environment. The cloud experience is also safe and secure there is no need to worry about data being compromised by malfunctions or any other reasons like theft and having no back up data. The user interface is friendly which is admirable.

Cons

This software is user friendly however like any other software a person needs to familiarize themselves with the software before becoming affluent with the software it needs to be learnt like any other software , t does have training so if you on the slow side with IT software you might have to spend some time learning the software but once you do it becomes a breeze. There is training links to assist with aspects we would like to learn , support is widely offered as the company is a stable established firm you know you would be getting value in that aspect.
I do not have any cons …
I do believe that more reports could be introduced to the online version and a increase in inventory management as this could work well for larger businesses.

Boram Chris
Boram Chris

Lesser of two evils

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

DON'T DO IT!!!! ITEMS AND FEATURES still broken after four years.

Reviewed on 24/09/2023

Horrible.The complaints are all over the community page. A strong product manager could easily see the threads of complaints over the last four years and prioritize customer needs appropriately. QB is not a current customer focused business. I have never been more frustrated with an app this much in my entire career. We have incorrect data being posted from timesheets to payroll. We have reports with inaccurate data. We have reported this multiple times. Again, another ticket open with likely no resolve.

Pros

If your business is simple and you don't plan to need to do anything in bulk, the UI is pretty simple to follow. That is about all I can say positive.

Cons

Here are some basic things customers complain about that are still not fixed in QB Online.1. Project Costing is INACCURATE, payroll data doesn't show correctly. Can print a transaction report because it will show the whole bill for a vendor not just the costs applied to that specific project. Same with showing a whole paycheck instead of just the cost to that project.2. Can't print a bill3. Product or Service Item in an invoice, bill, PO can't be edited without deleting entire line of data4. Can't bulk edit invoices if sales tax is turned on5. Sales tax status for customer doesn't translate to transactions like invoices. Have to mark customer exempt every single time or that transaction will show up on your sales tax report.6. No way to import a purchase order or invoice to create a bill or invoice.7. Can't set up CCs for emails for separate customers. 8. The Purchase order cannot be customized to add fields you might need. And the standard template looks like it is from 1987 with no company branding.9. You can't customize invoices per customer. ...because you can only print three custom fields and they all print on every template even though your customers might require certain data on their invoices. You are out of luck.10. No line item Vendor Statement. Can't print a statement with line items. Only can show Bill and Bill Payment. That really does the vendor no good. You can somewhat manipulate a report. But been a big ask from community with no response again.

Dane

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros

I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons

Two items:

1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary?

2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

Austin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Horrible Customer Service and Deflect Responsibility for their Products Functionality

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

I have to use quickbooks because it is what accountants and bookkeepers prefer but I hate giving money to a company that refuses to take any responsibility for the quality of their product.

Pros

Accountants and Bookkeepers prefer it so it is more widely accessible to use than freshbooks or other alternatives

Cons

Customer service is terrible. I have spent and least 10 hours on the phone with customer service and switching between your payment center and user interface center because of a minor issue that has still not been resolved in any way. One customer in our portal is flagged as not having paid even though he has paid. It took 10 hours and conversations with at least 10 employees to find out that this customer has indeed paid and the issue is an interface issue. I was told they would resolve the flagged customer in our system but he is STILL flagged as not having paid and there is nothing I can do about it. I asked for a refund or discount for the 10 hours I spent talking to their team so they could identify the issue and they provided a very minimal discount that did not cover a fraction of the hours. I can't afford to spend any more time with the team on this minor issue but my accounts continue to be inaccurate and the alert continues to be at the forefront of my homepage and it is infuriating.

They do not stand behind the integrity of their product at all. There is a clear interface issue with their product that remains unresolved for 8 months. They refuse to do anything even though the issue was identified by their team and they refuse to offer any discount even though the issue is known.

Everyone on their customer service teams is uncaring and incompetent. I spent over 10 hours being passed from department to department, everyone adamant to avoid taking responsibility to fix the issue. which remained unfixed.

They continue to raise their prices every year even though the software does not improve at all and you have no control over it.