Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

4.5/5

Amelia G.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Usable, Dynamic, and Attractive Designs

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Often times when I need to create user guides, attractive marketing, infographics, and other collateral, I don't have the time (or know-how) to make highly professional visual designs on some very tight deadlines. As an Instructional Designer, I very appreciate the many styles, sizes, and types of designs available on Piktochart- ranging from flyers to reports and infographics to social media templates. All of the available materials are very professional, and the interface of the program has the right amount of tools that allow for customization, while not offering infinite options which could quickly become creatively overwhelming,

Pros

The benefits I most appreciate about Piktochart (and the reason I have continued to use it over and against other platforms like Canva) are the stock designs that are available. The templates can be accessed across all membership levels of the software, and they are creative, engaging, and very visually appealing in unique ways!

Cons

The pricing of these platforms always feels somewhat steep to me relative to the cost of other very sophisticated video and audio editing software. I feel I would be more likely to purchase and keep a subscription if it was about half of the monthly price! The paid levels don't feel significantly worth the value relative to the free subscription.

Julio césar P.

Fantastic and elegant software for creating interesting and beautiful presentations very...

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Simplicity, cool features, highly convenient price. Piktochart offers users the chance of doing interesting presentations in technically no considerable amount of time invested.

Pros

First of all, piktochart most relevant advantages imply simplicity, functionality and convenience. As an English teacher, I always need to provide students with engaging explanatory materials, capable of delivering complex messages in the most simplistic and understandable way. With piktochart you are able to do this and more, at a very convenient price. The layouts ae attractive and engaging. My students love appreciating my piktochart explanations, basically made for explaining grammar or functions within the language.

Cons

Truth be told, the amount of layouts and fonts might be a little limited to say at least. However, for its final price, this issues do not interfere with its other considerable perks and pluses.

Tamara A.

Piktochart is one of the best software to do infographics

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Infographics are very important digital elements in social networks because it allow to display a large amount of visually attractive information in a summary way. It's one of the most requested designs by customers for their social networks and websites. Piktochart is one of the softwares I use most to make them because it has adequate and precise tools that allow me to create them in a professional and easy way.

Pros

It has predesigned templates that can be edited and customized in a simple way, adding or removing elements by drag & drop, resizing them, adding fonts, adding multimedia content, etc. It has very easy to understand tutorials and the software is very intuitive so that anyone who does not have design or programming knowledge can use it. Different types of digital visual elements can be created, such as infographic, report, banners and presentation.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I do not like, it's quite functional even in the free version.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Tamara! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! So good to hear that our application has been valuable to you :) Have an amazing weekend!

Zach P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simplifying graphic design and perhaps the best tool for infographics!

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Piktochart is a handy design tool for any novice designer that wishes to step up their graphic work without having to invest a lot of time learning the complexities of Adobe programs.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use, intuitive and has a ton of resources and templates to create visually stunning infographics that enables rookie designers to create truly beautiful designs. The best part of this software is its simplicity and the drag and drop style way of designing; this style makes learning the design process painless and easy.

Cons

In some cases, if you are looking to have graphic design work done for larger-scale projects Piktochart isn't going to be your best solution - in this case Adobe programs still reign supreme. Piktochart simply doesn't have as robust features and functionalities when compared to any Adobe design program.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback! We're glad you find Piktochart easier to use than Adobe :) If there are any functionalities you'd like to see, do reach out!

Stay safe!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very good application to perform infographics and presentations in a very short period of time.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Pros

The best quality that this application has is the speed and simplicity of the application in letting you design any type of art you need at the moment. Having an easy access to the application through an email, being registered in the web page

Cons

I'd like if the space for Uploading images for a free user can be more than 40 Mb. It seems very less when you want to do a long one and do multiple edits. I wish they had a few more template options to pick from. I am not sure if there is a community template area I have not checked out, but that might be cool too. I'm sure it is necessary to advertise, but my office does not budget to pay for a subscription. We use the free version that includes a watermark/boilerplate for Piktochart on everything we create.

Simple to Use - Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Overall, Piktochart is a super easy platform to use to create good-looking infographics. Creation is intuitive, making it easy for first-timers to use Piktochart right away.

Pros

Piktochart is super easy to pick up and use. We've used the free version to make simple infographics to supplement some of the blogs we write for clients, and for those purposes, it certainly gets the job done. It's nice to have a selection of templates, and the fact that the options get refreshed from time to time is also nice. I appreciate having a selection of photos and clip art to choose from built into the platform. The best thing is really how easy it is to make a nice-looking infographic in very little time, even if you're new to the platform.

Cons

Since we only use the free version, we do find that we've often limited by templates. There are some on the paid version that look quite appealing! But, for our purposes, the free version suffices.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for choosing Piktochart! We've made some changes last year - all templates are accessible by FREE and PRO users. Happy New Year! :)

Emily P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Basic infographic creation

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Pros

When I want to make an infographic, I automatically just go to Piktochart because I know they'll have the suite of graphics and suggestions for layouts that I am comfortable with. Creating blocks and sections, using different fonts, and even some pretty cool tools like importing data that can be turned into visualizations -- there's a lot to love about this tool.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like there was a big lag in saving my work or that the website couldn't handle all the things I was asking for-- it occasionally runs slow. And that's OK because I didn't use a paid version, but users expect to have near real-time updating, saving and responsiveness from the tools they use.

Emily F.

Life saver!

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Seriously the best infographic creator out there. Piktochart got me through college! So easy to create really professional looking infographics - much better than trying to create one on Photoshop, in my opinion. The templates make it so easy to get a head start on a project and the text frames add such a splash of creativity. Love Piktochart!

Cons

No cons yet! Such a great, easy to use software. Also... it's web based so what's not to love?! You can access it anywhere.

• Used for Free Trial

Piktochart Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

Mainly use it to make personas and infographics, they have templates which make the job a lot easier

Pros

Simple to use when making infographics and personas, as they have many good templates and you just have to edit from there

Cons

Not easy to resize this software, so it is not as easy to make posters with it. Also when there are too many graphics it lags

Response from Piktochart

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us feedback! We appreciate it. Do you mind for us to get in touch with you so we can understand more about your pain points when it comes to resizing? You can reach me at [email protected] Thanks!

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Versatile Application

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

As a researcher I use Piktochart for everything form public health infographs to recruit flyers and even on occasion incorporate their templates in my office emails. As a student I use the product primarily for presentation and visual aids. Regardless of how I applied the product I have always found it useful and received high praise for my design/info layout.

Pros

piktochart provides you with several different templates from infographic to resumes that can be printed or incorporated into online platforms. Additionally the easy of use to layout text and images makes this product ideal.

Cons

The graphic and charts feature is very limited and you cannot control just selected text with a text box (any changes effect all text in that box).

• Industry: Restaurants

The Best Infographics Creator

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

I have used Piktochart to create infographics illustrating processes our non-profit uses to reach our clients, which are sometimes difficult to explain via other mediums.

Pros

Piktochart is absolutely the best infographics creator in my opinion. They have a decent selection of graphics and elements available for free, and their results are very professional-looking. The design of the software handles the nature of the strange size of an infographic quite well.

Cons

In the free version, there is still a limited amount of elements you can choose from, which makes it a bit difficult to achieve the results you may envision, but you still can create an image that is functional and modern.

Kelsey C.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Piktochart

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Overall, I enjoy using Piktochart for simple and quick needs. But, I would prefer to use something else for larger projects.

Pros

I like the ease of use and low barrier of entry. If you are looking for a very simple tool to make very simple, but nice looking, charts then this is the platform for you to use. It's easy, simple, and helpful.

Cons

You get what you pay (or don't pay for). Yes, it's very easy to use and can create nice looking graphics, but the functionality is low. You can't do everything, it's formatted in a way that isn't editable, and can cause some limitations.

Angela F.
  • Used for 6-12 months

I use Piktochart to create eye catching Infographic syllabi for my English courses.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I like the variety of templates as well as the ability to create my own templates for my documents. There is a wide variety of font choices, which I also appreciate. I can import my own graphics as well.

Cons

I find it difficult to align things sometimes and because I use the free version it downloads with the watermark. I don't think that is a software issue so much as a user issue, but something to be aware of.

Jessica D.

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall it has been amazing and well worth the money

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software and all of the amazing templates they have. As an educator I use this to create handouts for my students, flyers for parents, and so much more.

Cons

In the beginning it can be difficult to navigate but gets easier with time.

Maria B.

the best software to make infographics and brochures that I have tried without paying anything.

Reviewed on 23/06/2018

It allowed me to create infographics and brochures for the tasks assigned to me in the university.

Pros

excellent templates, available for free and also for payment.
It is very easy to use, you learn in a very short time to use the functions of the program.
It is free for most of the things that one needs to do.
allows to easily make infographics, presentations, posters, flyers and reports.
allows download in png format and share in social networks.

Cons

It is a bit slow to load the editor and update the changes.
To use the animated icons and download the presentation, infographic or printable you must update to the "pro" payment plan.

Cate M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Used Piktochart when first exploring infographics

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

I was happy with Piktochart however when I started looking into other options, I found another system that offers more of what I'm looking for.

Pros

The software is simple to use and offers a great selection for the free trial. I was able to teach myself how to use the system and the end product delivered what I was looking for.

Cons

In order to have custom colour palettes, you need to pay for the upgraded version. I did this and didn't feel there were that many added bonuses.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Cate! Thanks for your honest review! If you need any help, we'll be happy to show you around PRO benefits. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] anytime :)

Erin T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Perfect for creating infographoc for presentations or for sharing on social media

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

This software helps us create detailed images that can illustrate important points specific to our industry that are not available pre made for purchase.

Pros

This program allows us to create good quality infographics for presentations and social media quickly and completely.

Cons

I dislike that the software branding appears so large at the bottom of the image as it can be distracting to viewers.

Richard H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A superb tool for making crisp Infographics.

Reviewed on 26/05/2018

Pros

It's wonderfully focused, allowing you to make some very impressive infographics without a bunch of unnecessary extra features that you'd never actually use,

Cons

It could do with adding the ability to preview the finished infographic based on the file type you chose as it reorients slightly to meet file type requirements.

Virginia W.
  • Used for Free Trial

Sorry, not legal

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Overall I'm really disappointed. I had hoped to find something I could use to increase the visual appeal of my on-line courses.

Pros

It looks great if you are able-bodied -- very appealing, visually.

Cons

There is no accessibility-checker, templates when WAVEd generate hundreds of errors, there is no way to properly add alt-text, charts and maps cannot be read by screen readers.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Virginia! I'm so sorry we do not yet have the feature for accessibility-checker.

Stacey B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good for visuals

Reviewed on 10/07/2021

I really enjoy using this for visual representations of what I'm learning. It's s great way to organize information and it would be great to use for businesses or flyers.

Pros

I have been using this program to complete activities for my grad school classes. There are so many templates to choose from or you can make your own. Lots of fun fonts and graphics and you can upload your own images as well.

Cons

I do wish that they had some templates that were just empty with text boxes but no writing. There are so many but sometimes the amount is overwhelming.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks, Stacey! We appreciate your positive review :)

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Picture (and Infographic) Perfect

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Overall a great creation tool for infographics.

Pros

I mostly use Piktochart for Infographic creation. It's very easy to use, and the interface is very user friendly.

Cons

The layout/templates might be a little limited for some, but as I am not too experienced in creating infographics/don't need anything too fancy, extra options aren't necessary to me.

Morgan D.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Competing in a research design contest with Piktochart

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I used free version of Piktochart to create a creative research poster. I used a timeline "Design Component" and the "Text Frames", as well as icons and graphics , to communicate my work. It was very easy to use, but sometimes difficult to click and drag the correct features.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use and has a great library of graphics and images. I especially liked the infographics templates and the very aesthetically appealing "Text Frame" options.

Cons

There were some difficulties with layering and click features in Piktochart. It is difficult to click on overlapping text boxes. I wish it were easier to size the overall image as well.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for your honest review and feedback.

If you need any help at all with layering and your textboxes, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

We'd be happy to assist you!

Gede ananda A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Infographic done quick

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

As a college student, Piktochart is my best friend for making good infographics and charts for my Presentation assignment. Besides infographic, I can also make some banner graphics and posters with this which I think very good.

Pros

I can choose a wide range of templates and styles for my Infographic, with just drag and drop I can make something good-looking. It also comes with free-trial which is helping me a lot

Cons

The paid version is too pricy for the feature they offer. Layering is also a bit difficult for me, because the graphic keep overlapping each other

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for the positive, Gede!

Glad to hear you found your new best friend :)

• Used for 2+ years

Infographer's Dream Platform!

Reviewed on 23/01/2021

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Pros

I really love Piktochart for making infographics! Charts galore, seriously! I love the ready made templates... I usually always use one of the ready made templates which saves me so much time.

Cons

For what I use Piktochart for, I really don't have any complaints. I feel like platforms could always use more free elements to help create, but you can always buy a premium subscription for more.

Minh phong L.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

THE BEST INFOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 02/08/2020

I always used Piktochart to help me create infographics, posters, and flyers for my study and my professor was very impressed asking me which software I had used to support me in doing assignments. I recommended her to use this online software and she was very glad that Piktochart inspired her a lot in preparing outstanding reports to her manager.

Pros

Piktochart is the first infographic software that comes to my mind when I have to make graphic editing for my homework assignment. After signing up for a new account, I can access various graphic design templates such as posters, reports, presentations, and many more. Using this online software, I do not have to be a professional graphic designer. Piktochart offers everyone the opportunity to produce creative products easily and effectively. The software has many awesome and creative features including shapes, icons, and illustrations.

Cons

Piktochart currently continues to be my first choice for making graphic products. Honestly, the software has nothing that makes you want to switch to other products because its features are very user-friendly and everyone can comfortably design their work without too much difficulty or possessing a graphic design background. However, Piktochart only allows you to save a maximum of five visuals created and I usually depend on the software creating a large number of posters for my study. In order to save over five visuals created, I have to upgrade my status to PRO.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Minh Phong! So happy to hear that Piktochart has been valuable to you. All the best as you continue to use Piktochart for your studies!