Issuu

Content creation and distribution software for designers

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.1/5

116 Software options

David W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Issuu is just what we needed

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

In the pandemic climate, digital media is king. We have found great engagement with our ISSUU publications across our website, social media, and email campaigns. ISSUU makes it easy to share our work with anyone and everyone. The price is just right and they truly deliver on what they offer and promise. Utilize this software in anyway you can.

Pros

We like the digital design and delivery aspects of ISSUU. It is simple and understated, but robust at the same time. The auto recognition of email addresses and web links is a big plus. AND, the fact that we can create stories for social media is a pretty nice advantage over other providers.

Cons

Sometimes the software could be easier to use. For instance, uploading single pages to replace former pages might be a nice addition. In our line of work, little things change all the time (available degrees, contact persons or numbers, etc). Being able to update those easier would be a game changer.

Beautiful.ai and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Reasons for Switching to Issuu

Price and product and proximity. The price was right, the product was just what we needed, and the proximity and accessibility to those we are trying to reach was just right. ISSUU has it all.
Allié M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Why Just Read Content When You Can Experience It?

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

With Issuu, we were able to allow our audience to 'experience' content - not simply 'consume' it. The immersive and interactive interface gives us the ability to reach our audience in a way that resonates. We believe the very same content shared on a different platform would be a very different effect (a less impactful one). In need of a dynamic solution, as opposed to a static option, Issuu is the only platform we will use for our online magazine and resource guides.

Pros

With its ease of use and efficiency, I love the ability to repurpose and redistribute content with one asset across multiple channels. At the same time, it's entirely forgiving of human error with nearly realtime updates rendered for any and every edit.

Cons

Love to have customizable short links for the long URLS that are produced for the full screen experience. Also love to link visual stories to specific URLS. In addition, I'd love to be able to incorporate videos in article stories. :)

Theresa P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for 2+ years

Great product, but free gets you practically nothing

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Interface is good. Everything is easy to navigate. Uploading publications is quick and easy. Detailed statistical breakdowns make it easy to see where content is being viewed and how often. If you're willing to pay for it, Issuu offers lot of features. I'm sure there are other Pros to Issue, but I will not be paying for an upgraded plan to discover them.

Cons

You keep taking away features from the free version. At this point, I'm just using Issuu for the online reader. It's very disappointing that I can't even embed a basic reader anymore. That was a great feature which I used on my portfolio sites, but I will not pay for it. For the minimal amount of time I use Issuu, I cannot rationalize spending a minimum of $19/month. Would be nice if you could re-arrange the publications you add to a Stack, instead of it organizing based on add date.

Michael N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

what do i think about issue

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

great

Pros

I got help right away when it came to dealing with issue, and the functions of it

Cons

If you in a rush you will not like it ,it assume

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Design

Great Product

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Love being able to share PDFs and mimic the experience of a printed book. Great for my real estate clients when they want to share leasing brochures without the expense of printing and mailing a book.

Cons

I think if there's a way to add in video, a way to make the PDFs more interactive, that would be a game changer. Also sharing better on social media.

Amy S.

Great for Small Shops

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I have had no problems and will continue using.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that the basic package is free. For a small shop, this is ideal because every dollar is stretched. Issuu gives us just what we need to stay competitive.

Cons

There's really nothing that I dislike. I do wish that there could be some sort of filters for where ads are placed. Sometimes ads and other publication suggestions that appear near my content is not appropriate for young viewers.

Karissa H.
  • Industry: Media Production

The Best Platform for Your Companies Material

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I like that it makes our content easy to find and it is stored all in one place. We have regular website but for those that just want to view the magazine, I send them to Issuu. They have made it so easy to keep our magazine available to all.

Pros

Issuu is extremely easy to use. I upload our new magazine each month in a matter of minutes. There are a ton of other things you can to do help your content be seen by more. You can even add links and videos to your content. I love everything about this platform and I am so glad I found them.

Cons

Issuu is constantly improving and working to make their platform better for everyone. I have not had any problems nor do I hold any complaints against them.

Shawn S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Issuu is an amazing Software tool for magazine publishers

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Despite the things that disappointed me, I have enjoyed my overall experience with using the software over the years.

Pros

I like Issuu’s easy to use features like file uploading, ease of distribution, it’s attractive presentation as a print magazine and its ease of use across multiple platforms like desktop and the mobile webb.

Cons

I have been using Issuu software since 2010 and I have to say that I was disappointed when the company changed some of the free features I enjoyed using over the years to paid features like url linking and full access to user statistics. I was the most disappointed about the introduction of sales as a paid feature.

Alison E.

Issue Should Change The Way Creators Can Monetize

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

The ability to reach a wide global audience.

Cons

Creators should be able to monetize and make money off of views like YouTube. The fact that you have to pay to use it once you get so many views is strange and is why I stopped using the platform.

Christian D.

Great Tool to have

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I have a good experience with issuu is been a great tool to us in somos magazine.

Pros

Issuu is a great tool to have to extend our reach for viewers and customers, easy to share to your contacts on different platforms.

Cons

I don’t found anything to point, I think they doing good improvements.

Benjamin B.

Wonderful Product!

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Issuu is wonderful and has given us a great advantage in getting content out for use.

Pros

Issuu provides a great product to be able to make and distribute wonderfully expressive content and materials.

Cons

Issuu provides options and access to content that helps to improve the production and distribution of materials.

Chris B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Being able to simply upload a pdf and have my publication display in a magazine format is amazing.

Pros

The ease of Issuu is the most important factor.

Cons

I absolutely found no cons with the software.

Vicki D.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used for 6-12 months

Issuu helps me educate my clients

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I love the look and functionality of my digital lookbooks. They're easy for my clients to use and they help give me an edge to look more professional and give a more luxury experience.

Pros

I use Issuu to upload my client session guides and lookbooks. It guides me through the steps of getting my work published and online. User interface is simple and intuitive. It's easy to share my work with my clients and the end product looks great!

Cons

So far I don't have any recommendations for changes.

Kerry g. J.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Updating organization's monthly

OK

Pros

I was pleased to and excited ti use Issuu to update my fraternity's monthly newsletter. The publication is the main communication and marketing tool that we use to connect with our members and the general public. It's more efficient to provide a link versus the monthly costs of printing and mailing the newsletter.

Cons

Yes, the print-on-demand process needs to be less costly.

Matthew A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best option for magazine and newspaper publishers

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall it’s been very good. Issuu is universally recognizable to consumers and is easy to use, both for me as a publisher and for my readers.

Pros

It’s easy to get started and to upload your content. I also like that it essentially serves as the archives for all my publications from the past decade.

Cons

I don’t like that the individual issue isn’t embedded onto my website without a paid subscription. There are lots of features that you have to pay for, which is understandable, but this is the only one I need and I’m not willing to pay a monthly fee for it at this time.

Vincent C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used for 1+ year

Good Platform for Creators

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Very good. Been using for a couple years to show off my architecture portfolios.

Pros

Shows portfolios well. Wish I could export to PDF for free. Decent amount of space for free to share.

Cons

That you cannot export in the free version.

Megan V.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

pretty good for most publications

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Overall, it was a good experience. We used it until we decided we needed our own dedicated website for the same content.

Pros

Most people have at least minor familiarity with it, so it's a trusted name to getting clickthroughs already.

Cons

When Issuu admin needs to approve a publication (like a student newspaper), it still takes too long at deadline time for the issue to go live.

Charlie P.
  • Industry: Online Media

Issuu has a solid place in a good marketing strategy.

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Good, but im not a valued paying customer, So I get what i pay for,

Pros

Easy to use tool that serves a key demographic readership group. New Story tools and Social tools are great step. Need to improve design controls so end products have consitent finish.

Cons

Still part of the old flip book generation. they are improving story tools but need improvement

Carissa G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

No Issue with Issuu!! Love it's easy and convenience!

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I had an issue with being able to easily and quickly send people catalogs, while still keeping my cost low. This makes sense and most people are familiar with electronic flippable catalogs now, so it's easy for customers to use as well!

Pros

I find Issuu easy to use and intuitive. I love to be able to directly link product photos to my website so people may purchase with ease.

Cons

I only found it slightly difficult at first because, like anything new, it takes getting used to!

Colby G.
  • Industry: Newspapers

UP is doing fine

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Pros

Our issues upload quickly and are displayed very well, we've been using this for years and it's been very reliable

Cons

I can't come up with any gripes yet, from what I've used it from, I've had a fairly good experience, the UP is doing well with it right now

Maya N.
  • Industry: Design

Great platform for sharing digital content

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

Easy link for viewing on desktop or mobile device and adding to saved folders.

Cons

I wish it allowed interactive videos and animations within the shared content. Right now it is only allows for the sharing of 2D flattened images.

Bernadine O.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I love using Issuu for my magazine, each month. It is easy and efficient to use

Pros

It is easy to upload and share with customers.

Cons

I love the software. Like I said it is easy to use and sharing with customers.

Melissa P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy way to add print publications to website

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Pros

I like the embed code option with personalization and the shelf option for multiple publications

Cons

No longer allow embeds for the free version.

my Issuu review

No problems really.

Pros

Makes it easy to put a publication online for readers.

Cons

So many features taken away to encourage people to upgrade the software.

Warren K.

Love Issuu

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Easy place to store our publication, which is a high school newspaper.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. It does what I need it to do.