TaxDome

4.7 (3,037)
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(3,037)

Mark
Mark

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Pros

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

Cons

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Russell
Russell

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Pros

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Cons

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Liscio and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email ([email protected]) if you have other questions.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Accounting

Still learning and looking forward to upcoming features

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

So far, we are enjoying the software. We started to close to tax season, so we aren't implementing a lot of the features yet. Our biggest goal is to have a centralized location for everything instead of having multiple spreadsheets for practice management.

Pros

Tax Dome seems to have most of the features we were looking for and if they didn't have the feature it appears to be in the roadmap to add to the software. I really like the workflows, even though we have not implemented them yet.

Cons

It is not as customizable as I would like. I am hoping that this will improve as new features are added and updated. My biggest complaint is that the virtual drive cannot be synced in real time to a local drive, which does conflict with our ISP (Information Security Plan); we are copying and pasting into the local drive for now, but during tax season, especially, we have a lot of data that is changed constantly.

Intuit Practice Management

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Costly and archaic. Working Papers also had more features than we were using so the cost did not make sense for our practice.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The cost was high with Intuit Practice Manager and the features we wanted were add-ons and would have been an additional cost.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review, it is valuable to us.

It's great to hear that TaxDome has been able to provide you with many of the features you were looking for, and that the workflows are a useful feature for your practice.

Regarding the customization, we understand our users' desire for more flexibility, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Takara

VERY HELPFUL

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Pros

I LIKE THAT EVERYTHING IS IN ONE SOFTWARE AND THAT YOU CAN AUTOMATE TASKS.

Cons

THE LEARNING CURVE TO GET STARTED WAS KIND OF ROCKY

Response from TaxDome

Hi Takara,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We're thrilled to know that the all-in-one functionality is proving to be very helpful for you.

We understand that the initial learning curve has been challenging. We're always refining our onboarding process and resources to make the start as smooth as possible. Remember, our Help Center, webinars, and support team are available to assist with any questions you might have as you become more acquainted with all the functionalities.

Your feedback is crucial for us to keep improving. Please don't hesitate to reach out for additional support or guidance—we're here to help every step of the way.

Have a great day!

Zokpia
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This will revolutionize my firm

Reviewed on 30/06/2023

There is a lot of set-up involved, and it can be daunting. However, I am eager for the day when I everything is set up and fine tuned to streamline my whole business.

Pros

I like the automation capabilities, and the fact that I can put a deliverable behind a paywall. Also, embedded organizers, engagements letters, and signatures...game changer. All at a reasonable price!

Cons

I wish I could have enable progress billing on an account. I require a 60% deposit from my clients to begin work, so it would nice if I can automate the 1st bill (60% of the total), then the 2nd bill (Remaining 40%).

Firm360 and Ignition

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Very little automations with task statuses, and none for email communication or requests for clients. The tracking process is so manual. Honestly, I could've used excel and only have a minor drop-off.

Jetpack Workflow

Response from TaxDome

Hello Zokpia

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Juliette

Tax Dome for our Advisory and Tax Firm

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Our overall experience is great. The support team is especially helpful in training us and helping us to set up our pipelines, workflows, organizers, etc.

Pros

The workflow and pipelines features are going to help us to be much more efficient. We are excited to automate so many of the processes we were accomplishing manually. We also love the client portal: everything the client needs to be aware of is on the portal's homepage for them to see right away.

Cons

TaxDome is complex, so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We had been using several different products to perform Practice Management. TaxDome combines features from each in one system.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Came highly recommended by fellow tax and advisory practitioners, the support is truly great and the TaxDome features and funtionality are very good and work with our way of working.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Juliette!

We're thrilled to hear that you're excited about the workflow and pipelines features that TaxDome offers. It's wonderful to know that these tools are poised to enhance your efficiency by automating processes that were previously manual. Additionally, we're glad that you're finding value in the client portal, where important information is readily accessible for your clients.

We understand that TaxDome's comprehensive nature can present a learning curve due to its complexity. We appreciate your honesty in highlighting this aspect. Learning a new platform can indeed take some time, but we want to reassure you that we're here to support you every step of the way.

Our support team is available to provide assistance via chat and email, and we're also happy to arrange screen-sharing sessions to guide you through any challenges you encounter. We've curated an extensive collection of articles and tutorials in our knowledge database to aid in your understanding of the platform.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance o guidance. We're happy to help!

Marinett
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Tools for moving to your next level

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

Pros

I can onboard tons of clients at the same time with: Security, document storage, workflow, auto-task.

Cons

I would like to have Quickbooks payment integration

Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

My business grows and I need a tool to support it.

Zapier, Trello and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Taxdome was very clear and open about price and features. You tube videos showed me in deep the product. Whit others, all was about general 3 minutes videos and asked me to pay more and more and more for adding more features. Taxdome is all included, no hidden prices, no hidden features

Response from TaxDome

Hello Marinett,

Chris

TaxDome CRM Review

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Pros

I was looking for several different features for managing my practice in order to get it ready for growth - with a few of the other CRM tools I was looking at, it was going to require heavy configuration and hefty consulting rates. When I found tax dome I found that many of the features I needed were already built in. Excited to see how the program ultimately functions in a live setting - but it certainly looks like it will meet my needs.

Cons

So far so good - a little disappointed in support for now. I had a 45 minute call with a representative on a Thursday and was promised a follow-up message by the next day. It's been a week and I've sent two emails to them and still no response. Even if my issues aren't resolved yet - it would be nice to have at least received an acknowledgement.

Atom and Method CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Tool wasn't designed for accounting and I've outgrown what it can do for me.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

More of what I needed was native to TaxDome.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

I really apologize for the inconvenience you mention about your report, if the problem persists, please contact us at our email: [email protected] we'll do our best to help you.

Andrea

Tax Dome new user

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

My husband was floored when he received a call the other evening from someone who noticed that we had converted our trial to a membership and they just wanted to check in and see if we had any questions or needed assistance with the import from our current CRM. The customer service so far has been fantastic.

Pros

We are brand new, just converted from our trial. I have loved all of the videos they have available along with the videos they update regularly. I also love the support on FB. There are a ton of resources out there to help you make sure this is right for your firm prior to you making the jump.

Cons

It is a lot more expensive than what we are currently using, and I wish there was a discount for having so many employees on it. I feel like for small firms this is very affordable but for a firm our size (15 employees) it becomes quite costly. We are able to cancel some other things we are paying for, but it was still a big bite to chew on to move forward.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

There was not enough automation in atom- too much of a risk of error if someone forgot to check a box, and too much time for administrative stuff and "clicks".

Atom

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We loved the automation that was included and all of the support that is available
Dustin

Good Software

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Good so far. Just ended our free trial.

Good so far. Just ended our free trial.

Pros

I like the pipelines and automation. That is going to help us streamline our processes.

Cons

I would really like a more robust time budgeting and time tracking function. I really want my employees to be able to see the expected time budget on each job and the progress towards that as work is performed so they can be aware of it as they work and for the Partners and Managers to be able to report on time v budget easily.And honestly, the name as a turn off. The name Tax Dome made us feel this was a solution for tax only. Tax is only 20% of our firms revenue so we almost didn't look at it.

Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

JetPack was no longer meeting our needs.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Honestly, neither product was perfect. Each had features unique to them that we loved and wished we could marry the two for the perfect solution. However, Tax Dome was closer to perfect and have a track record of pushing out features faster. So we felt in the long run TD will get to perfect faster.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Dustin!

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your positive remarks regarding our pipelines and automation features, which have helped streamline your processes. We understand the importance of efficiency and optimization in your day-to-day operations.

We also acknowledge your desire for a more robust time budgeting and tracking function. We understand the need for accurate time budgeting and the ability to track progress against those budgets in real-time. This information is crucial for employees to stay informed while working on projects and for partners and managers to report on time versus budget easily. We are constantly working on enhancing our platform, and your suggestion regarding time budgeting and tracking will be taken into serious consideration as we plan future updates and improvements.

Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to continuously improve our platform and meet the evolving needs of our users. We genuinely appreciate your candid feedback, and we encourage you to reach out to our support team with any further suggestions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Dane

TaxDome is the Best Portal Software for Tax Firms

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Overall, I love TaxDome. I have used many tax accountant-specific client portals in the past and this is the one that definitely does it best. This is a great product and I absolutely must call out again that the developers and support team pay attention to every single firm and person that uses their product to constantly make the product better and better. I guarantee I will like this software more next year and more the year after. I feel this is something TaxDome does differently than other solutions and really prides themselves on, which they should. The client tax portal market is a crowded space, but TaxDome is legitimately creating a product that stands apart from the rest of the competition in one way or another. I was struggling to find a one-stop solution that allowed all parts of my tax preparation process to happen within one software, and TaxDome absolutely allows that to happen.

(Please, TaxDome - do not sell your software to another company! This happened with another portal provider I was using and they stopped caring about developing new features, etc. I don't want to see that happen again!)

Pros

TaxDome does so many things correctly - but the biggest thing is listening to their firm owners. They have a private Facebook group and a feature request board, both where firm owners and users can request features that they'd like to see added to the software. If you have a problem or a question, they are quick to respond.

They also pay attention to the little things - something like making well-formatted, eye-pleasing email notifications that go to my clients mean a lot to me. Their software attempts to be the one-stop solution for tax firms, allowing you to take your tax firm completely online and virtual. Their software is part CRM, part secure tax portal for your clients, and a whole lot more.

Some features I love: web-form organizers (most tax accountants are stuck in the "print out this PDF and mail it back to me" era), billing directly through TaxDome (with no extra fees), electronic signatures, and pipelines to track where your client is in a process. For most of us preparing tax returns, the "pipeline" or process for every client is very similar, but repeated hundreds of times a tax season, and TaxDome seems to understand that.

Cons

I need to continuously tell myself that TaxDome is a young software company and the product grows every day, week, month, and year. A lot of times features I would really like to see are "coming soon" or "in development". While I commend the TaxDome staff for working hard to bring these extra features to the software (and without a price increase yet), some of the features I feel they should have had before they released it for use. One of the biggest is KBA electronic signatures, which are required by the IRS to allow clients to electronically sign tax returns (Form 8879). This is a must-have for U.S.-based tax accountants, especially those of us that operate virtually, and I couldn't believe TD did not offer this out of the gate (although I hear it is just days away from being added).

Overall, I also feel the software, while trying to make things more automatic, manages to make things more manual in some respects. For example, with the "pipelines" feature - I cannot automatically assign my new clients to a pipeline (in development) or send them an organizer as soon as they register (again, in development). Some of the smallest things - like setting reminders/tasks on certain clients - generate a plethora of notifications that create way too much clicking and unnecessary steps just to shut off or mark as "done".

I also wish they offered an option to subscribe monthly. $600/year is steep for a one-man show all at once.

ShareFile VDR, SmartVault and Drake Tax

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Don't get me wrong, Taxaroo was an awesome piece of software as well. The keyword there is WAS. During the course of 2019, Taxaroo was purchased by tax preparation firm Happy Tax - and for the most part, they have cut off all technical support or development plans. Taxaroo is the same product it was two or three years ago when it has so much more potential than that. In the beginning, the developers were incredibly responsive and, much like TaxDome, cared about what features you wanted to see built into the software. Now that it was purchased, I (and other firm owners that use it) feel like we were hung out to dry, so to speak.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

There was generally one or more parts of my process missing with each of the alternative products. SmartValut and ShareFile are simple file-sharing and client portal programs that don't offer digital organizers or billing. Drake's SecureFilePro offers most of the features, but I found it cumbersome and the client side of the portal looks like it was designed in 1999. TaxCaddy is a stellar program that I would love to use (probably even over TaxDome) but it's price point is way out of my range ($2,500 just to implement).

Response from TaxDome

Hello Dane, thank you for leaving this very detailed feedback, we appreciate it.

Just off the top of my head, so coming this year are: Native app for tax preparers, @mentions, etc

We have also released the ability to sign KBA - https://blog.taxdome.com/what-is-kba/ Recurring pipelines - https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs
For questions and concerns you might have, please contact us through chat or email ([email protected]), we'd be glad to assists you.

Helene

TaxDome Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I am just starting with TaxDome. So far I think I will like it most importantly due to the conveniences for clients to scan and upload documents and to provide e-signatures.

Pros

The ability for clients to upload documents without a scanner, and for those documents to get saved directly to their files without my staff needing to take valuable time to get them there.

Cons

The meetings to initially test the software did not happen as promised. I created appointments but 2 of those 3 meetings I scheduled were canceled or rescheduled by a TaxDome person and they never told me. I was left scrambling trying to get the meetings to happen. For the software itself, what I like least is the inability to link an email to a client without adding the contact entirely to that client (ie like a bank that I deal with for multiple clients. I only want the emails relating to that specific client to be linked to them. My current CRM software allows me to do this.)

Response from TaxDome

Hi Helene!

Thanks for your review! Your feedback is important to us. Feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance. You should be able to schedule a 1:1 Onboarding without any issues.

Patricia
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great but ready for improvements.

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Financial Cents, Canopy, Jetpack Workflow, ClickUp and Asana

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Richard

Great Mid-cost CRM Option

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

The chief business problem we've solved is not having to search email accounts for files that clients emailed to us. That's a great feature.

We've also solved the issue of not having a CRM that required tremendous amounts of design and customization work. Our old CRM was great, but its care and feeding to make it do what we wanted it to do was a ton of work (both partner-level time and contractor time). TaxDome on the other hand was about 60 hours of partner-level time and some of their support time (which was free).

I'm really impressed by TaxDome's responsiveness to its user community and the speed and pace with which they are innovating their product and adding new features.

Pros

1. Inbox+ is a game changer as far as features go. That's the feature in TaxDome that automatically moves emails from clients to a firm-wide burndown list that allows you to check them off as you resolve items. That means you don't have to spend valuable time in tax season rummaging through your mailbox to sort the client emails out from the sales/junk emails, which is very handy.

2. The immediate copying of email attachments sent by clients into the clients' document field is incredibly helpful. We used to spend so much time shuffling client data from place to place when they would email it to us instead of using our portal. Now it's all automatically there for us to work on when we need to and we can flag particular items that we need the clients to add.

3. The monthly subscription feature is huge as it allows you to add seasonal staff on demand and only pay for them when you need them.

4. The support is exceptional. All of my experiences engaging with TaxDome's staff live (I haven't tried email/chat) have been exceptional. They're well trained and know their product. I have had to spend a lot of time with them (which is free) in order to fully deploy our implementation of TaxDome.

5. TaxDome is continuing to add to their product and innovate. The product lives and evolves from season to season. Many vendors in the tax industry make only tax-change-required updates to their products each season. TD has a well-communicated list of forthcoming priorities.

Cons

1. Integration is somewhat challenging because there isn't API integration with our tax software (CCH's ATX). There is pseudo integration in the form of direct desktop upload and print to TaxDome through a PDF printer (which is handy), but that only allows data to flow in one direction and when manually prompted. That said, the only competitive products that I reviewed that offered API integration were literally ten times the cost.

2. Telephone integration is simply absent from the product. We use ringcentral.com as our telephone provider and what we were accustomed to in our prior CRM was direct integration with RingCentral. That meant that every time a client called or we called a client it was logged in the system and we could attach notes to specific calls about what was discussed (or bill for the time) without separate action on our part (the same way that TaxDome handles Inbox+, which was very handy).

3. There is no good way to manage prospective leads in TaxDome. Interactions are defined as "accounts" (actual clients) and "contacts." Automated processes within the system cannot run on contacts.

4. Good at managing the existing practice, but it's poor at the sales activities that you need to grow.

5. The eSignature interface is somewhat clunky and doesn't compare favorably to non-tax eSignature products. It's just as good as any eSignature product I've ever seen in the tax industry.

Canopy Software

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Unlike Zoho, TaxDome was specifically tailored to the tax industry. Zoho was a great product, but it took so much heavy lifting to get it customized for our needs because it was a general-purpose CRM that it was just simpler to switch to a tax-specific product.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Overall cost and a-la-carte pricing model.
Tyler

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Marc

Tax Dome Document Management

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pros

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Cons

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Onehub, ShareFile and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Marc
  • Industry: Accounting

TaxDome has revolutionized our project & client management giving our clients a single app to...

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Pros

I love that there are both client and firm facing apps. In addition, after using other software, the ability to direct message a client inside the software keeps it encrypted and confidential. Also after much trial of other software, TaxDome allows us to give a client a open item list of to-do's and track the deliverables as they are completed without having to constantly update the request and keep manually tracking what is neededed.

Cons

We are waiting for the ability to autopay the recurring invoices. Additionally, we would like to be able to customize an existing pipeline template per client, without creating multiple template copies, which is currently on the roadmap which we are excited about!

Liscio and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Canopy did not have a direct message feature to speak to clients without "requesting" data. Further, the messaging happened outside the software in the native text app on the phone creating the opportunity for sensitive data to leak. Additionally, there was no easy way to create an open items list and track it. Finally, and most importantly, we were looking for a one stop app that also allowed us to customize the organizer.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

1) Direct messaging in app, 2) Checklist of open items sent to client to easily track deliverables, 3) customizable organizers

Response from TaxDome

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your kind review !
We're thrilled that you appreciate both client and firm facing apps! You can rest assured knowing your confidential information is secure with direct messaging capabilities inside TaxDome. Plus, you have access to an open item list of tasks which allows you to track deliverables without having to constantly update requests or manually tracking what is needed - something other software often falls short on!

At TaxDome, we are always looking for ways to improve our services and provide the best experience possible to our clients. We take our customers feedback seriously and strive to meet their needs by continuing to develop new features that make your practice management easier.

We understand your desire for autopayment options when it comes to recurring invoices, so we're happy to announce this feature is currently in development and will be released soon! Additionally, we just released an improved version of the pipeline settings interface to make managing multiple clients in less pipelines even more efficient than ever before.

The satisfaction of our customers remains a top priority, and we look forward to continuing working towards providing the best service possible while meeting all of your needs along the way!

Nicholas
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Finally an all in one solution!

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

TaxDome is a really great all in one solution for taxpractices. It looks good, its easy for clients to use, they have had nothing but good things to say about it. It needs e-signature improvements to truly replace docusign or signnow but it works well for most things. They added multiple features just during my trial period so I know more updates are coming.

Pros

I love that everything for managing clients, file sharing, gathering and requesting documents and the smart email inbox, is all in one place. I have been using a number of solutions that don't integrate thoroughly to achieve these things and finally i can have all these features in one place at a fair price. I am very happy with it. It does have shortcomings in some areas but they are constantly improving it and adding features. Support is also very responsive. They also have a really great email integration which collects files sent to your email and saves correspondence with clients in the client file, no more dragging and dropping correspondence from outlook into the client folders or saving attachments and dragging and dropping where to go. If the email is linked with a Taxdome client account it goes through your inbox and adds all client communications automatically.

Cons

There are some features that could be improved. Some of pipeline and workflow tools I haven't quite implemented. These could be improved with some sample templates that could be customized. Designing a workflow from scratch is difficult and I feel like i might be leaving things out, templates would give a baseline of common practices that would guide new users on how to take advantage of these features. Signature implementation could use some work, getting signatures from two spouses isnt well done, there should be an option for them to physically sign on their phone instead of using the signature font for the printed signature, and it has to have knowledge based e-signature (this would come at an additional cost to us users but it is required for certain document electronic signatures). I'm not concerned about these shortcomings because they are constantly adding updates and im sure improvements are on the way.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Nicholas!

We have added a template library to pipelines, so you no longer have to start from scratch.

We've also added KBA to e-signatures as an option.

Thank you for your feedback - more updates and improvements on the way!

Cindy

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

Pros

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Cons

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us ([email protected]) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

oralia

excellence

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pros

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Cons

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork.com and Wave

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Canopy Software

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Erica L
Erica L
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Bang For Your Buck

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

So far, this has been a great investment. The pricing for what you get is very doable, and the fact that I don't have to keep up with a million things anymore is definitely worth the price tag of the software!

Pros

It has all of the management tools you need to keep up with not only your tax clients but also your bookkeeping clients in one place. Before, I was using multiple systems and tools for each, but now I can pretty much use just TaxDome. It has all of the features, including messaging, a client portal, emails, and tasks, and automates just about all of it. You can get very detailed in all of the things you need to do within your practice all inside this software.

Cons

The setup process is very time-consuming, and getting the workflow automations into the system is a bit challenging. Also, clients have to sign up for an account which means that there is another username and password they must remember, which can also be challenging.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, Erica. We truly appreciate it.

We are happy to hear that TaxDome replaced a bunch of other applications. This is one of our main aims - to have everything in one place and be able to use only TaxDome along with your tax preparation software.

As you already mentioned, since TaxDome is an all-in-one software with many features, it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning. We are happy to hear that you like our customer support team since we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

As for the clients, they can download the mobile app to their phones, and they can do all the necessary things from there as well. They would have to set up a 4-digit code and can log in without typing in the credentials every time.

If there is anything that you need assistance with, please let us know - we are always just a click away.

Christopher

TaxDome Review by Gemta

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

I refer this system to all my friends.

I refer this system to all my friends.

Pros

TaxDome has helped us service over 300 clients. We were able to send them engagement letters, collect signatures, communicate, and easily oversee multiple jobs/tasks. Building the workflows took some time but once they were up and running, it was a smooth process.The biggest pro for us was seeing the system consistently improve. Every few weeks we'd see changes and it made us feel like the team really cares about building a better system. It feels like we're growing with TaxDome.

Cons

It can be pretty expensive but I guess you get what you pay for!

HoneyBook, Jira and Podio

Response from TaxDome

Hello Christopher!

Thank you very much for your review. it is valuable to us. We are glad to hear that you have found it useful for creating workflows and automating email communication with your clients. We are also glad to hear that it has helped you to keep track of requests and receive faster replies from your clients

We are sorry to learn that cost is a concern for you, and we want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency. The cost per user may seem high at first glance, but when you consider the amount of time and money that can be saved by using our software, it becomes a cost-effective solution for your business.

We are proud to know that as we grow, you grow too. There is nothing more important to us than being able to meet all your needs through multiple functions within the system.

Carolina

Sole Practice with Pro Version

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

It had been improving, initially my white-glove onboarding didn't help me the way I should had been helped, realizing this has I learned more the system and persistently asked questions as many of the information and responses were conflicting I need to invest a lot of my time to clarify and streamline that process. It is getting better as I expressed my concerns and dissatisfaction with the approach.The platform is well thought and design with exception of the conditional features, but the communication and onboarding needs to be consistent, transparent and effective, after all TD it is target to accountants and we care about these.

Pros

Despite of being a sole practitioner I thought initially many of the functionalities won't be of use to me, although I realized the Pro version emphasizes in automation with workflows and many templates in particular intuit organizer that could save you and your client time as it streamline the communication and organization process. There are other features that are well thought, but conditionally implemented, which lead me to the Cons

Cons

I learned sadly that in TD I can't receive payments without joining the Stripe or CPACharge providers, for an ACH transaction you have to pay a percentage, even if you don't take credit cards. In top of that you can't use the feature to lock the documents to an unpaid invoice for the same reason, you need to join and pay a percentage to a 3rd party payment processor in order to activate this feature. From my view an indirectly way of forcing the user to join and pay a percentage in order to use the functionality.Clearly this defeats the platform's objective since it is marketed and designed for automation to minimize the admin work and some of these cool features are conditional, thus you can't automate these unless you comply.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Carolina,

Thank you for your kind review, it is valuable to us!

It's great to hear that you found many useful functionalities in the Pro version, particularly the automation with workflows and templates. We are glad that TaxDome has helped you streamline communication and organization with your clients.

We understand that you are disappointed with the payment options available and the associated fees for ACH transactions. Please be advised that while TaxDome offers free and unlimited payments, payment processing fees are charged by the payment processors, not by TaxDome. Our team is continuously working to enhance our software and services to better meet our clients' needs.

We value your suggestions and ideas to improve your experience with TaxDome. If you have any feedback or would like to share your thoughts with us, please submit a feature request by clicking on the Blue Question Mark icon located in the top right corner of our platform and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or require assistance with anything, please do not hesitate to let us know. Our support team is always available to provide help and guidance.

Have a great day.

Sharise

A better option

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

Tax Dome is helping me organize my practice so I'm not so stressed about getting things done and forgetting any tasks. I'm still getting used to the workflows but the ones I've used so far were great! Just the few automations, cut out more than an hour of my work time and tasks were completed without me having to manually do anything. My last engagement was completed and client paid in less than a week! I've never had that before.

Pros

The cost of Tax Dome is much better in comparisson to other similar platforms. I've used 2 others and both were over 1200.00 per year and did not come with support as good as Tax Dome! The customer support is really outstanding. They help with setting things up and you can reach out to them anytime, and you get real live people to help. Also, it bares repeating, the price is just unbeatable for what you get.

Cons

It does take some getting used to. Setting up is time consuming as well as transferring files and clients from different platforms. The pipelines are great but getting them set up, if there isn't already a pipleline, is super time consuming. Definitely not something you'd want to do in the middle of tax season.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Sharise,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

We understand that the setup may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but we give our best to assist our clients during the setup. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, free screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials.
You can also find us on Youtube, and Facebook and you can check our TaxDome Academy.

Mycah

You won't regret TaxDome

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

TaxDome was very time intensive to implement. Because it can be so customizable to your business needs, it takes a lot of work on the front end to develop and design your processes within TaxDome. But once we got through the initial setup and got to start using all the tools in our daily work, we loved it and couldn't work without it now! Their support team is always responsive and helpful, and they are constantly making improvements and adding new features to the software. Overall, we are very pleased we chose TaxDome and are excited to keep building our own company with it.

Pros

TaxDome has increased efficiencies in every area of our business. Now clients have a central hub to communicate and interact with our firm. Everyone on our team is always in the loop about what is going on. Information about clients is organized. Teams and team members have due dates and can be held accountable for projects. We now have standard operating procedures that can be followed by all. There are so many tools and features within TaxDome that make it easily customizable for your specific business needs.

Cons

There have been some tools that have more limited functionality than I was expecting. However, we've been using TaxDome for over a year and their team works hard to keep updating the software and provide improvements constantly. So some of the things that had more limited functionality when we started are now much more helpful thanks to the improvements that are always being made.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Mycah,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are glad to hear that TaxDome has increased efficiencies and that your clients now have a central hub to communicate and interact with your firm. We are happy that you appreciate our tools and features that make our system easily customizable for your specific business needs.

We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our system and provide more functionality and flexibility for our users. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.