FACTS

Scholarship management software for private schools

3.8/5

Leslie K.

Buyer's Remorse.

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Renweb is a disaster.
1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it.
2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not.
3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay.
4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources.
5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats.

There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks.
Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues.

I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Wonderful!

Pros

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

• Used for 2+ years

Great for Finance Departments!

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Overall, would recommend.

Pros

FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.

Cons

A majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn’t figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!

Joshua P.

Renweb has been a good solution for our school

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Pros

Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

Cons

For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.

Nicole K.

Great product for parents and students

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

I enjoy using it to check on my children and communication with teachers is such an ease.

Cons

It would be nice to see the app with the ability for the teacher to take pictures for parents to view.

Robb J.

Lots of features, with room for improvement

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

lots of features & options for our school, some customization, dependable

Cons

clunky UI, non-intuitive layout & interface, company keeps changing & not always ready for the rollout....

Rachel H.

Very basic functionality, but intuitive

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

It was very easy to learn all the features of the software and implement its use across a wide number of teachers and parents.

Cons

The mobile app experiences a lot of loading lags. I also had several issues with documents not uploading correctly.

Rob L.
  • Used for 1+ year

RenWeb

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Overall, our school had a good experience with RenWeb and the tools available with it.

Pros

RenWeb was a great tool for our school to share information about our students with their parents. Being able to email parents and have all of the information readily available when needed was very helpful. I also liked that I was able to keep track of grades and attendance all in one place.

Cons

There were a few things that were difficult to navigate for both parents and teachers. There were some times that we were not able to do everything that we wanted.

Jeffrey T.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Renweb basically works, though it shows its age.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Renweb appears to have been developed on a PC years ago at a private religious school in Texas and has expanded since then to be the go-to system for conservative Christian schools. It shows its age but basically works well. Not for Mac! and Not for overseas (that is, it had no provision for A4 paper or date-format or multiple currencies). It has elaborate grade-calculation settings and reasonably good attendance and grade-input methods. E-mail communication from teachers to students & parents is reasonably well done. Ironically, we missed all these basic functions when our administration switched to a glitzy new facebook-like system. Renweb recently merged with a finance company, so it is not clear how that will affect this core business--maybe better, maybe not.

Pros

All the basic teacher / admin functions are covered reasonably well. The system is stable.

Cons

Old look, Windows bias.

Heather W.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good Program For Education

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Overall I can see and understand the value and the importance of using a program like FACTS. It works, it’s easy, it is supposed to be very secure, and it something that works.

Pros

So far from the experience I have had with FACTS, is that is it an excellent program for educators and education, tuition management and other forms of management! It’s very in innovative and sun synchronizes well well other programs.

Cons

The only thing that bother me in general about FACTS or any other platform within Google is the amount of information they have about you and you’re financial and educational histories. The AI is so advanced that they can pin point you to you’re very location at any given time. Same is true most other programming as well.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I used Renweb throughout middles chool and high school as a student an my parents used it as...

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

What I liked the most about this website, is that we we were able to check our grades as soon as the teacher uploaded the grade

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that as a parent it can be very confusing to use and also has way too many tabs

Kelly S.

RenWEb is TERRIBLE! I CAn't wait until we drop it!

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

As a teacher, the last thing I need is frustration entering grades! I log in, I can't find my gradebook. I go to the help section, there is diddly squat there for their new Renweb1. Customer service closes too early for us west coasters. Printing your report cards and comments is an exercise in frustration with how many places you have to go to enter data, transfer data, etc. It is just TERRIBLE! Our school is abandoning it after this year. I URGE you not to begin with it!!!

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Everything! It is NOT user friendly!

Cynthia M.

For the most part good. Most excellent tech support.

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

Pros: Fairly easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. I like the fact that there are help buttons on practically every screen. Help desk is fantastic.

Cons: Report filtering is very tricky. New program versions do not automatically update--the user has to look for the latest version, rather than receiving a program prompt stating a newer version is available would you like to update? A common problem is my session gets timed out too quickly and I have to back out of the program completely.

Angeline H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Seems to get the job done. Nothing extraordinary

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Pros

As long as the office clerk enters everything correctly payment wise, the reports are accurate. It shows the lunch schedule which is nice.

Cons

The reports are not easily accessible, and the are somewhat confusing with a negative/positive balance, it's hard to remember if I over paid or under paid.

Cynthia M.

The more I learn the program the more I like the program!

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Haven't learned any cons, when I have a problem I call for help and find out a solutions. Or maybe wish we had access to edit the template's and things that we set up with you guys. That way we don't have to bother tech support to do simple adjustments and pay out of pocket for it.

Jeri G.

Worst Software for communicating with school!

Reviewed on 02/12/2016

This is the worst program I have experienced since my son started school... there is always a glitch going on and the tech support is very slow at fixing problems. Some days it recognizes me...other days it doesn't. It is frustrating to track my sons progress and a lot of the time I have to talk to his teachers to find out how he is doing because I can't get logged in. The system is slow to show the updates that his teachers input... just overall a terrible experience. School speak is a much better software product!

Pros

When it works it is detailed

Cons

It never works!

Toi L.

This software is the best.

Reviewed on 01/02/2016

It's user friendly and the customer support is awesome. The support allows us to feel comfortable using Renweb. Even if we aren't familiar with all aspects we can also call and receive outstanding support.

Paige H.

I use this on a daily basis and have only begun to approach the breadth of capabilities...

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

This software is applicable to every aspect of a school and teacher's responsibilities, duties - it is very helpful and once trained I appreciate the capabilities!

Kyle F.

Inherently flawed

Reviewed on 09/10/2015

RenWeb is a program that was designed in the 90's and hasn't moved on since then. A simple report takes many more steps than need be, and it is unstable most of the time.

They fall short in many ways:

Lack of gradebook customization (No support for standards-based grading)
Zero software/support for Mac.
Clunky and confusing software for iOS
Spelling errors throughout software interfaces
Any custom report work takes a minimum of 30 days

Anne P.

Never Ever Again

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

After working with renweb for 3 years, I have the need to say and to advice people to not invest in this program. Unless you have all the time in the world and you can wait for 2 hours (if the internet is fast!) to load the pages. Please don't make your teachers go through this.

Samuel R.

trial and help

Reviewed on 19/06/2016

i have working on different software , so i just need to borrow a leaf from your expertise.
any kind of help i get from your product is highly appreciated.

Seth R.

Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues

Reviewed on 08/07/2016

I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use.

What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb.

There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.

Pros

One stop shop for multiple software applications

Cons

Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

Jamie B.

Renweb is all you need!

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

The benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.

Pros

Having all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.

Cons

The thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.

Jenny B.

a great SIS

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

We're managing a campus with 700+ students quite easily. Some areas of the software are definitely under utilized, but the training staff is excellent! This is a one-stop shop to manage our student database, gradebooks, and online applications/enrollment.

Pros

This is great for managing our school. We have three "schools" on campus and are able to effectively manage our student information for all three using FACTS SIS. I like most that it's cloud based, so administration can access from anywhere on or away from campus.

Cons

Some of the features don't make sense to the user (such as in the steps to copy a schedule to use for the next school year, you have to "Clear Schedule" which sounds counterintuitive). Customer support can also be hit or miss.

Jesse L.

RenWeb app

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.

Pros

RenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.

Cons

The RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.