FACTS

Scholarship management software for private schools

3.7/5
3.8/5
3.6/5
4.0/5

Freddie

The best thing about RenWeb and FACTS is the customer service.

Reviewed on 23/06/2017

Our parents do not need to call our office as often, they can go straight to RenWeb and FACTS to see what is going on with their student and their account. It is transparent and user friendly to them.

Pros

Since this software is so comprehensive it is great to be able to call the customer service number any time during the day. The customer service team is courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable. Using this software in addition to FACTS has also allowed us to pass on the same level of customer service to our students and families.

Cons

The transition has been difficult and it would have been helpful to have more integration, import export capability with Excel and have templates provided for this transition.

Loren

great software, but complex

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

RenWeb is amazing. There are so many features and abilities that make our school run. We simply don't use everything RenWeb offers, but all of its core modules we use all the time. Its newest web interface is convenient and efficient. They do make continual improvements to the product, which I appreciate.

There is a real learning curve associated with starting out implementing RenWeb. Their video training is good, and their customer support is great, but it's still a big undertaking. Teachers have a few key things to do in the system, and most of them will get up to speed quickly. Admisistrators have much more to do, and it just takes time to figure it all out.

Pros

web based, customer support

Cons

quirky (probably like any software)

Leslie

Buyer's Remorse.

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Renweb is a disaster.
1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to...

Renweb is a disaster.
1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it.
2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not.
3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay.
4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources.
5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats.

There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks.
Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues.

I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.

Annie

Once I got the hang of it, Renweb is a great resource for classroom grades

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Our entire school's information and grading is found in one system - it is connected and has everything I need for the gradebook aspect.

Pros

I appreciate the functionality of renweb especially with grading. It is easy to align the grading system to the system you want for you classroom. Also, it allows parents to get connected to your student's progress.

Cons

Sometimes, certain features feel like they are 100 clicks away. Especially to send home messages through the program itself. I relied on my regular email far more often. Putting in behavior reports was also not my favorite feature.

Jeanne

Great product. This can track everything we need at school.

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

We are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.

Pros

I like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.

Cons

Like all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.

Camrynne

Trying to keep up

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

We were with FACTS for about 9 years. We had frequent complaints about how difficult the interface was for parents and teachers. Parents didn't like that they had to pay for the app. We needed a more economic, user-friendly system, so we switched to something else. In retrospect, you always get what you pay for. It might be good for FACTS to consider rebundling their pricing to reduce the nickel and dime effect.

Pros

FACTS (formerly known as RenWeb) is a robust SMS / SIS software. It has a full spectrum of features and functions that schools need. Their customer service was very accessible/responsive most of the time.

Cons

It's been around a long time, and it seems like they have struggled to keep up/update their platform/interface. It's not very intuitive to use. There are MANY features that you need/want that cost extra, and the nickel and dime effect was significant.

Joshua

Renweb has been a good solution for our school

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Pros

Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

Cons

For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.

Helen

I have used this software from beginning to now and have learned just about all areas of it.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

One central area to keep student information together.

One central area to keep student information together.

Pros

This software has multiple sections that integrate with each other . This makes troubleshooting easier since you can actual get to the same area different ways. Also, once you get their support team they are awesome when it comes to helping you understand what you need done.

Cons

No area for emailing thread or contacting conversation with a co-workers on family balances.
Also call in to many buttons to get software area needed.

Ella

Program is Very Good, Customer Service is Excellent

Reviewed on 04/02/2016

The benefits: Complete from inquiry to admissions to enrollment. Can tailor to suite needs with checklist items, automatic emails etc. Reports are easy to create.

Cons: Inquiry reporting is separate from admissions and enrollment reporting. Would be helpful to have one report to show inquiries that moved to admissions that moved to enrolled/finished.

The directions on RenWeb University seem scattered and I found it very difficult to learn the process for starting a new year and running through re-enrollment. I took the webinars which were very helpful, but I am a checklist person. So I called RenWeb many times to have them walk me through the process so I could write it down step by step.

The Customer Service was a life saver! This is my first big project creating re-enrollment from scratch. From creating the enrollment packets to testing them and learning the process for release, your reps were patient, kind and so helpful. I called so many times I began to recognize their voices when they picked up! I could only imagine when they asked my name and district code they probably saw a list pages long with my name popping up! Oh her again. They never made me feel silly for calling so much and took the time to help me walk through step by step and explain things in a way I grasped. I knew that I could take a risk and click a button not being completely confident what would happen, because if it caused a problem, someone would be able to help me. They were a huge safety net. As a result, we released online re-enrollment/enrollment two days ago and the world has not collapsed! lol. Can't say enough. Thank you, thank you!

Scott

Improved Gradebook Software

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

It's a great product that gets the job done for the classroom.

It's a great product that gets the job done for the classroom.

Pros

The interface of this software has dramatically increased over the past few years. It is easier to located classes, enter grades, and copy-paste material across multiple classes.

Cons

I really wish that FACTS would bring back a much-improved app for a smartphone. It was so convenient to take role by pulling up the app.

Letha

Our struggles

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Customer Service was difficult and often I never heard from anyone when I would leave a voicemail with questions or email or using the chat on the website. It was frustrating to not be able to access help when needed.

Pros

I liked the financial reports that we had access to.

Cons

It was difficult to update or change parameters and information etc.

Kimberly

I love the new update.

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

I like that I can send email to the whole school or just one grade. Posting announcements are really easy.

Pros

I like the new update and renweb one. The emailing is a lot easier and posting announcements. I am slowly learning how to use it more and more every day.

Cons

I wish there was an app for administrators to be able to post from the phone or ipad. Having to have a desktop everytime is harder to do.

Stacy

RenWeb

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

In general, it seems to work...and if we need something set up, customer service works with us to try to accommodate our needs and what we're looking for. This is strictly form an office perspective, I am not a teacher.

Pros

Being able to run reports and integrate details per each student

Cons

I don't like how platforms and reports are different from the desktop to RenWeb1

Zainub

School Management software

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

we use this as our main communication resources , and it works great. we do our report cards and emergency contacts and name it and you can find the details. there are few new additions they keep adding which have some bugs but they work with us to help us out

Pros

easy to communicate, and mobile app make life easier

Cons

it doesnt work well with google chrome, messes me up

Michael
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very powerful, irreplaceable

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Continuous automation development to deliver data in many different ways.

Continuous automation development to deliver data in many different ways.

Pros

This software has been in existence for many years and continues to get better with each release.

Cons

I don't really have any criticisms if this application.

Robb

Lots of features, with room for improvement

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

lots of features & options for our school, some customization, dependable

Cons

clunky UI, non-intuitive layout & interface, company keeps changing & not always ready for the rollout....

chaya

Making Progress

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

Has a lot of features
Is a one stop shop

Cons

Want communications to have mail merge capabilities.
A little more intuitive,

Marisa

Simple, east to use with a good amount of functions and features

Reviewed on 21/04/2018

Pros

Saves grades and comments automatically, is very easy to use and set up, and allows for assignments to easy be posted and viewable to anyone who has access.

Cons

Formatting and the automatic saving can be a catch-22. If you accidentally click on another student and hit different numbers, it can change a grade and save automatically. If you do this and do not recognize it, it can become a problem.

Sister Dennis

For the most part, I feel that RenWeb is intuitive as far as Student Information Systems go

Reviewed on 29/01/2016

I have been using RenWeb since 2008-2009. Usage is generally easy as most things are rather intuitive. As the person in charge of the system for scheduling and report cards, I have come up against some issues over the years. However, the strongest feature of this program is the Customer Support. I have utilized their services on more occasions than I can remember, often because some tasks are only done once a year and are not as familiar as those done with regularity. Any time I have contacted Support, the individuals have been friendly, knowledgeable, professional and have either given me a solution immediately or have gone the extra mile to turn the problem over to programmers or other support personnel who were better able to solve the problem. I can confidently say that I have never been left without a resolution and have been the beneficiary of special instructions to fit our particular situation. The Customer Support for RenWeb is one of the strongest selling points in my estimation and I have worked with other Student Information Systems for nearly 30 years before we started using RenWeb. Keep up the great job!

Md Siful
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

School management software with accounting

Reviewed on 19/09/2016

Excellent management ,I think that without this kind of software, we can't be able to drive our any classes bus: Indus: academy.We it is a must devices for us.

Pros

Pure accounting

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Great compliment with Renweb

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Pros

We at our school love the fact that Facts is now integrated with Renweb. This allows for us to keep all of our student information in one "basket". The cafeteria cash register has completely allowed us to go cashless, which has been wonderful!

Cons

Keeping up with all the charges and fees can be confusing for our families. We tend to get several calls weekly having to explain what the charges are for.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I used Renweb throughout middles chool and high school as a student an my parents used it as...

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

What I liked the most about this website, is that we we were able to check our grades as soon as the teacher uploaded the grade

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that as a parent it can be very confusing to use and also has way too many tabs

Heidi
Heidi

Tuition Collection

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Pros

I love having a software that takes care of the tuition collection. It's great for parents to be able to monitor their accounts online and make online payments. They can also set up auto payments.

Cons

I don't like the automatic late fees that FACTS imposes. I'd rather have a date I could add them manually. I'd like the tax statements for parents to have a button to click instead of having to navigate through menus to find it. I think sometimes the emails to parents are not clear about what they owe and why.

Kristin

Lacks customer service and over priced

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

I have used FACTS at multiple schools and they seem to have different standards at each school. It causes confusion and frustration.

Pros

Ease of use setting up payments. Easy to work within product.

Cons

Over priced and terrible customer service

Heather
Heather
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good Program For Education

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Overall I can see and understand the value and the importance of using a program like FACTS. It works, it’s easy, it is supposed to be very secure, and it something that works.

Pros

So far from the experience I have had with FACTS, is that is it an excellent program for educators and education, tuition management and other forms of management! It’s very in innovative and sun synchronizes well well other programs.

Cons

The only thing that bother me in general about FACTS or any other platform within Google is the amount of information they have about you and you’re financial and educational histories. The AI is so advanced that they can pin point you to you’re very location at any given time. Same is true most other programming as well.