Decktopus

Custom presentation creation

4.5/5

42 Software options

• Industry: Information Services

I forget i have PowerPoint :)

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I love because i can access to Decktopus on my way and I can edit my presanctions on tablet too. There customers support is great. I hope they will add more advance and modern templates to their presentation template library and add more storage options like able to add more 3rd party apps.

Pros

I can access to Decktopus on my way
easy to build presentations
customizable templates
I got Onetime pay option was a money saver

Cons

Not enough modern templates
too much tools inside dashboard
no onboarding enough
have many other free options

Dakota F.
  • Used for Free Trial

Still getting into this...

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Nice interface, lead integration, price, one-time purchase option.

Cons

Haven’t been able to get a demo going, website link won’t work.

Jori D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Love it!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

The offline access and the ability to collaborate with others

Cons

If there were some more templates to use? But it’s great

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great presentation maker

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Awesome, this software is worth purchasing

Pros

This software was simple to use. I easily matched my brand's color guidelines and was able to create a great looking and impactful presentation without the need for a designer.

Cons

I found that it could have allowed me to have more freedom in changing the templates.

Natalie Y.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Pretty Good!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

I love the slide decks that they have available as I think that they can be extremely applicable, regardless of the presentation.

Cons

I felt that the price could be lowered because as a student, I am less inclined to be driven towards softwares that require payment to use it.

Hakan S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

My Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Pros

Decktopus provides lots of presentation templates.

Cons

Variety of presentation elements is not enough.

Hendy I.

Really fast way to get a slide deck published

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

I really love this product as it saves my time presenting my ideas. The layouts currently available are limited, however they're getting the user experience right by enabling only essential customizations per slide layout. For each layout, there are also several variants, this part of UX that they also get right.

Overall, Decktopus is really good for increasing productivity. I hope they continue to improve their product by adding more lead generation features, interactivity, analytics, integration with different apps via webhooks, Pabbly, etc. If they do, then this is not just a presentation tool but has huge potential.

Pros

Decktopus app saves my time, but really because of my own weakness.
When trying to create a presentation using the usual software, a lot of time goes into thinking about the layout, about the design, about the positioning of certain elements, which take away the essence of the presentation itself: to express ideas.
Decktopus allows me to do: express my ideas, without blocking me with non-essential details.

Cons

The interactive presentation features is pretty much non-existent and need to be developed. The use case is that the presenter will present Decktopus live in a virtual conference, and other participants can get a link to interact with this deck (e.g. polls), and the results/analytics will show in real-time in the presenter's slide.

Slidebean, Mentimeter, Prezi and Microsoft PowerPoint
Darryl D.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 1+ year

Helps presentations look good

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Have used regularly for presentations since getting it. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

PowerPoint can be overwhelming. Decktopus helps make presentations look good with their built-in designs. Options are more limited, and that is exactly what I wanted. It keeps things looking really good.

Cons

If you are looking for more options, this is not the software for you. If you are looking for well designed presentations, Decktopus is excellent.

Christian D.

Great product !

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Super product that i recommend to every business owner to save time and share professional presentation.

Pros

I like the fact that Decktopus is easy to use. We created presentation with their wonderful templates and it's easy to duplicate and make some adjustments and send it to our prospects and customers. Look sharp and professional !

Cons

A proposal section could be a really good idea (pricing tab). Also embedded codes could be fantastic (calendar links for example).

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used for 6-12 months

Time Saver

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I had plenty time of use Decktopus. I would like ease of use because Decktopus is time saver.

Pros

Ease of use was most liked feature for me. Also Integration with other application is very helpful.

Cons

Price can be regional. Foreign exchange can be problems for some regions.

Alexandre dos santos P.

Simple and useful!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

It is easy to use and you have the presentation with beautiful design quickly and easily.

Pros

Decktopus is very easy to use and it has many predefined decks which give us very beautiful results.

Cons

It's not possible to import a former presentation. To not disturb visual results, there are some specific limitations on a number of items of each slide.

Zunaid K.
  • Industry: Information Services

Very easy to use presentation software

Great experience overall.

Pros

Because of the pre-defined themes and layout that Decktopus provides, you can very quickly create a presentation.

Also, the ability to share the presentations online as well as see analytics are great features.

Cons

It would be great if the form feature allow more types of fields besides text fields e.g. radio options

Vishal S.

Excellent alternative to MS PowerPoint

I love it.
I create all my weekly client presentations in Decktopus. I reckon it saves me at least 2 hours every week.

Pros

Create classy presentations quickly using easy to customize templates. It's super easy to customize templates compared to PowerPoint. Once you select the style and color, you're ready to go. I spend less than 10 minutes on customizing templates.

Cons

The stock image selection is limited. But with so many free image and illustrations available on the net, it isn't a big issue.

Petar G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Very fast alternative to classic PowerPoint

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

I have started using Decktopus few months ago and it's honestly the best PowerPoint alternative I've seen in the past decade. I don't know how they do it, but they always have new templates that are on point. There's a template for everything from business presentations to ad campaigns! The best thing is that with one click you can change whole design without breaking anything.

Pros

The products is so easy to use. Furthermore it saves so much time. Instead of playing with ppt design, you can need your materials. The design is predefined, very modern and easily changeable to other templates via only one click.

Cons

The design could use some modernisation. The only thing missing is upload of your existing ppt file and using Decktopus then. This function is on the roadmap.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Decktopus User Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Used Decktopus on latest project. Unlike many softwares, I really like how easy it to use and the platform is quite self-explanatory.

Pros

Ease of use. Very fluid and accessible.

Cons

Tool gets buggy while uploading media files which slows down overall process.

Prezi and Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Ease-of-use. Platform is understandable and self-explanatory.
Joachim B.

Simplicity is its strength

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

I love this app as it is fresh, modern, simple, and powerful in many aspects. Its versatility and ease of use is just amazing!

Pros

It is easy to use, with a clean UI. No learning curve. We can embed any slideshow in any website. Alternatively we can send the slide link by email. There are templates but they are actually not really needed. We can easily design slides from the scratch. Download of the ready presentation into PDF/ PPT is possible for offline viewing. The design is super-modern. Analytics give us excellent insight on how the slides are used. Decktopus has recognized early that the slides are an excellent tool for marketing (lead generation). Means, we can have opt-in forms, CTA button etc. This versatility makes Decktopus outstanding, being able to use it for so many different purposes, like academic, private, informational, marketing, company profile, CV, annual report, and so many others.

Cons

We can't change much about the principle design patterns of the slides. However, this is simplicity by design. The tool was not created to substitute Powerpoint but to bring out something quick, easy, and modern. If somebody needs total control over the design, then better to use Powerpoint.

Adria B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Stunning presentations!

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

That our presentation were signification to dectopolus. We are next level now

Pros

The resulting presentation s that are visually stunning

Cons

We had some difficulty implementing it with our decision program but was able to make it work

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

I love how easy to use this service is and it helps with my presentations all the time. i dont need to use Microsoft as much, i think i prefer desktopus any day

Cons

i think customizing the templates could be made easier

Théodore N.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Goodness of Desktop

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

I really appreciated the image library and the footers, with the possibility of uploading your project online very easily.

Cons

I am satisfied for the moment if necessary I would not fail to call the support.

M. olcay T.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Decktopus, my favourite presentation tool lately

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Pros

My favourite features of Decktopus share with domain, deck history, and of course hustle free design options :)

Cons

Since most of the time, my presentations contains code snippets, I want to be able to embed my code snippet easily.

Malcolm D.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quick Online Presentation Software

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Any promotion, lesson or landing page can benefit from a slick presentation and Decktopus makes this quick and simple to achieve.

Pros

Easy to find a good template and edit it. Sharing the presentation link or embedding it is very useful. Having the presentation in the cloud makes saving and storing the presentation simple. No worries about lost presentations or updates.

Cons

Load time and use is best with a fast internet connection. If you have spotty wifi it will be frustrating.

Ali L.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used for Free Trial

Decktopus

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

It was easy to use and made the presentations look so nice. I enjoyed the trial.

Cons

I didn’t want to pay for the software long term. So we switched programs.

Kyle S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Love it

Great

Pros

I use it every day with my team. Easy to use and works well

Cons

Some times can be slow. But that just might be

Furkan Ş.

Review Comments

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Decktopus is a great product that always be up to date, provides new features often.

Pros

Ready-to designs make preparing process easier.

Cons

Color palettes. There must be lots of them to make me save time.

Christopher N.

Quality Hybrid Presentation / Information Collection tool

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

The inbuilt questionnaires are great for safety professionals as it means we can send persons the links and collect the information directly from users after they have completed the toolbox or training.

Pros

- It's amazingly fast at creating presentations that are fully formatted and look great!
- The integration of questionnaires allows for the collection of information within the presentation itself.
- Very Stable
- Fast Loading
- Quality hot swappable templates
- Excellent icon library
- Frequent Updates

Cons

I really wish Decktopus would develop the ability to:
- Export the presentations in HTML format or alternatively allow generation of a html file allowing presentations to be embedded / web linked into a Learning Management System. I.e. The platform's existing functionality would make this software great at creating online learning courses.

- The ability to vertically swipe between slides up and down in presentation mode

- The ability to import PowerPoint presentations is on the developer's roadmap but not yet available at time of this review.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

The ability to share a fast and responsive presentation via link which works on mobile and does not require the end user to have power point installed. The ability to quickly create a presentation that looks great in a rush.