Boulevard

Business management software for salons and spas

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

191 Software options

David W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Overall a Great System with focus on technology improvements.

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

I have to say the cost and the simplicity of the system is the part I like most. I really enjoy how easy this system is to use and the technology behind the system. The new Duo credit card reader is great except it would have been nice if it would have had a Magswipe to it as well.

Pros

I do have to say Boulevard is a very simple and easy system to use with a lot of power behind it to stand next to some of the bigger more popular booking software available. Another perk is the benefit of having the credit card processing with Boulevard and not an additional expense.

Cons

There are a few glitches such as selecting a date in the future you need to be in calendar mode instead of Front Desk Mode. Another annoying feature is the multiple clicks of confirming to book an appointment. I feel that is a waste of time. I will also say that it would be helpful if the system would send a text message to the client during the booking instead of only an email. As a stylist I will receive a text message of the newly booked appointment but not the client. Their app is not a very user friendly app for management.

Meevo 2

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Booker just became more expensive every time and we had issues with the system crashing often.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Cost and the overall look just was more user friendly.
Rachel L.

So happy with Boulevard!

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

Pros

I LOVE the customer service. Your team is so accessible and on top of things anytime I've had a concern. Thank you so much. I know I'm one of the first users - I am so grateful you let me stay on.

As a close second, I like the look of the design and the way it integrates with my existing site. The style and functionality together are unlike anything I've seen. It gives my booking interface a sophisticated look that aligns with my brand.

I have nothing but positive things to say about you all!

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't sync well with my google calendar. In particular, my google cal events don't show on the Boulevard calendar. There were a few occasions where I was double-booked. But I have been double-checking those on a regular basis to avoid that from happening again.

Acuity Scheduling, Calendly and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

One of the Boulevard employees is a friend of mine. It was word of mouth.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The personal connections, the customer service, and the overall look/style of the site. It is better than anything out there I've seen.
Kim K.

Boulevard: bang for your buck that keeps on growing

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Boulevard has been overall incredibly beneficial to our business. It’s combined more than one program that we were using before for less than the cost, and gave us many new added features.

Pros

Coming from using a combination of Rosy for salon scheduling and booking, Zingle for text messaging, and a third party payment processor, finding boulevard and finding out that all of these features were built in was a no brained. The system is colorful and aesthetically pleasing, the the customer support team is usually quick to answer and assist any comments, questions, or concerns. The dev team regularly adds new, requested features. The mobile app has been great for our staff to keep track of their days and know when their clients have arrived or booked keeps them on track.

Cons

Some features that we are waiting on for boulevard to implement feel like they should’ve been included with the base software, such as letting staff see their tips on the mobile app. Sometimes customer support just doesn’t get the problem you are having, and it feels like you’re explaining it over and over. The software has yet to be down, but sometimes the POS has moments of glitchy-ness. Inventory control could use a little clarification and could be streamlined.

Phorest and Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

It was a cheaper option to switch to boulevard, and it allowed us to use the same phone number we had for our landline for our text number as opposed to a different number via zingle. Rosy was also outdated and customer support was severely lacking.

Zingle and Rosy

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard’s demo sealed the deal. It checked all the boxes.
Mari S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Overall good, but needs som improvements

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Overall it is good, but it doesn't serve my businesses needs 100%.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the interface is easier than other platforms I've seen. The customer help is very good, too!

Cons

There are often bugs/error messages when trying to adjust appointments, that can be very frustrating and hold up a client's checkout or scheduling experience. There also really needs to be an easy, clear option to book two services at the same time for the same person.

Booker and Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

It seemed like the most streamlined option and best fit for my salon.
Mandy S.

Superior Salon Software

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

We love knowing that if we have a question, bug, idea or feature request that Boulevard will actually pay attention and work to make it better!

Pros

We love Boulevard's online booking and the ability to easily text clients through the software. Boulevard is very responsive to ideas, has added features for us multiple times, and frequently asks for our feedback. They are constantly evolving and are great about communicating changes that they've made through monthly emails. We also love that offer basic online training, which is very useful when training new front desk staff.

Cons

A few minor frustrations that we have with Boulevard are not being able to schedule providers in different rooms (if Amy does Pedicures on Monday and Facials on Tuesday, it would be helpful to assign her to those rooms for just those days), not being able to change service colors, still having a few unoptimized appointments with online booking and front desk search, and the lack of a complete ticket/service change history. Overall, we love working with Boulevard and these are minor issues.

Meevo 2

DaySmart Salon
Rosie F.

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

Pros

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive things about them! The customer service is absolutely extraordinary and they respond to any of our questions immediately. It has a feel like you are asking a friend to help you, so patient and there was always a familiar quality throughout the entire customer experience for us. We love supporting small businesses however we do not want to be someone's guinea pig...with Boulevard we can completely trust in their expertise and never worry.

Cons

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

Mangomint, Phorest, DaySmart Salon, Vagaro and Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Sick and tired of the awful and very expensive service. Very impersonal and never got it right.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Completely different business model. Very on top of all of their promises, also really loved the staff and on board team. Beautiful layout and very classy operation. So honored to be a part of Boulevard.
Kristi S.

If you are not using Boulevard, you're doing it wrong!

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Loved everything, from the set up (they are very hands on, unlike Vagaro) to the demo and the customer service! All amazing.

Pros

After using Mindbody, Vagaro and Bewe we noticed that on the salon end you can not tell if a customer chose a specific employee for there services. Boulevard has a feature that any client who books online with a chosen employee they request will show up with a heart icon for the appointment on our end. THIS IS SO DIFFICULT for a Nail Salon especially with new clients daily.

The appointment reminders are by text and email at time of booking the appointment and 48 hours before (I believe these are customizable). The clients can text you to cancel (reduces phone calls). You can also see the exact times the clients confirmed by either text or email (this helps

Cons

I wouldn't even say this is a Con because they are constantly updating and adding new features, but most softwares are catered towards Hair Salons/Barber Shops we would love for more customization for Nail Salons. For example: Hair Salons have "Processing Times" where the employee is free for 20 or so minutes. We would love a "Soaking Time" for manicures that require a soak off before the start of the service.

Marc C.

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Booker was a complete dumpster fire of issues. Often experienced critical issues that were more than bug fixes. Terrible support, really non-existent and often confrontational by them. Features were lacking, horrible UX.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Much better product and we were impressed with the idea of having a dedicated support person after integration.
Julia B.

A league above the rest

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall, the company is very happy with Boulevard. We have evidence that the platform will only continue to improve as it takes into consideration customer suggestions. It is evolving beautifully.

Pros

This has been the best booking system/P.O.S. that I have used industry-wide. Features are highly customizable and only getting better. The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Cons

The app isn’t as developed as the website— I wish we could check clients out on the phone app and that the message center was available through the app. Certain functions are only available on the web browser which can be clunky.

Michael D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The most innovative & functional salon software on the market

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

It's fantastic. It's the best in the industry and I've researched all of them. They're progressive in the sense that the software will continue to expand its features. Which in turn makes it easier for all of my staff and the clients to have the best experience possible.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly book appointments online via our own book now button. The ability have a complete cloud based service.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow you to have all the functions as the website

Vagaro

STX was horrible

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Everything. Even the colors of Boulevard are on brand for us.
Yasmine K.

Great support staff

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Great

Pros

Very easy to use. Great support staff.

Cons

More included without having to purchase separate.

More option- more professional

DaySmart Salon

More professional
Sophie S.

Love working with BLVD + excited to see them grow

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Pros

BLVD is a great booking system for so many reasons. First and most importantly their team is incredibly responsive and helpful. Their help chat is perhaps the best on any platform that I use. Our rep is also always there to help us by answering questions or taking product requests. The platform is also pretty user-friendly and intuitive. BLVD is actively working on improvements + developments, so I look forward to seeing where they go next.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that are frustrating to our employees + our clients. For example the booking flow can feel stiff, and we are still not set up to have our clients have client profiles that they can log into and view their data in. On the internal side, sometimes there are processes that we have to do manually that I wish could be automated - pulling certain reports for example.

Lauren C.

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall, BLVD is easy to use and is clean cut and fast!

Pros

My favorite things about BLVD would be how easy it is to view appointments. I love how you can color coordinate per each employee when looking at the calendar. At the salon location I use it threw, I am able to view all 3 locations without having to log into another program.

Cons

The only thing I have had an issue with through BLVD would be seeing past services on the main screen when rescheduling an appointment, and if you are looking at a certain date on calendar it will go back to "today" when you refresh the page.

Manuela B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Recommend, but not if you want custom features

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Pros

- Custom support
- User Experience
Overall really like it. The team is great and our front of house loves it.

Cons

- Customization + Reporting
- They could use a loyalty program, better customization for texts and emails, and more tech support

Heather M.

Best customer service

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

I love having our own rep that is familiar with our company and our needs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing!!

Cons

Feature not able to have forms submitted before checkout.

Price and customer service
Jessica C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Boulevard is just what our business needed

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall I would highly recommend Boulevard especially for a spa or salon environment. VERY user friendly and the support from the Boulevard team is top notch.

Pros

The system is very easy to use. I love the simplicity of it and that everything we need is build into the system itself such as the paperwork for clients and messaging the clients as well!

Cons

That sometimes it does not connect to our iPad for the checkout system and we have to keep refreshing the page.

Richelle O.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great system

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

User friendly, not a lot of glitches, well organized.

Cons

Needs a few changes in order for it to work best for our business.

Crystal C.

Couldn't be happier with BLVD

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

From start to finish BLVD has been professional and responsive.

Pros

BLVD is head and tails above Booker where we came from. Easy to use and they value their clients and take amazing care of us!

Cons

In my eyes there are no cons to joining BLVD, I am completely satisfied.

Sara N.

Made Simple

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Very positive. Easy to customize. Easy to change, if you change, add or remove the way your business operates.

Pros

Very easy to customize to your business and adjust as needed.

Cons

Some clients are able to get sound custom appointment times. This may not be intentional in their part but it does a disservice to them when we actual need more time for the service they request.

Tom F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Payment and sales reporting does not meet expectations

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

I don’t receive many quick replies and when i do my questions don’t have answers. My suggestions get added to future development.

Pros

Online booking and scheduling appointments

Cons

The reporting doesn’t make much sense for the service providers that switched from other payment platforms like square.

Phorest and Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

We wanted better payment and booking and pos software.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

It seemed like the best option at the time. We’re all questioning this with the frequency that complaints from our salons renters are coming in. Mostly related to payment processing not matching reports.
Elaine R.

Subjective user opinion

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

Pros

Appointment scheduler notifications by email

Cons

Using it on iPhone is cumbersome - touching the screen just to view info can prompt schedule change function. When the data was migrated from previous scheduling software, Boulevard randomly assigned historical service providers that have never provided any service to the client. As a result, for example, when an existing client called to schedule an appointment with me by asking to schedule with “the provider I saw before”, the client was told that the provider was no longer employed at the spa, because his appointment history had a randomly assigned spa employee, who never provided services to that client.

Barbara Y.

Works well

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

It has been a great transition for me.

Pros

I like that is is easy to view and make adjustments. The app is very clean and clear. I also like that it works with both Apple and Android phones.

Cons

I have no problems. Everything is great.

Jill W.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

It needs lots of development

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We were mandated by our franchise to move from Booker, a very robust and user friendly system, to boulevard. Boulevard costs three times more than Booker (went from $150/mo to $550/mo) and is not ready for us and our needs. We have lost clients and staff due to frustrations with this system, and we are paying more than ever in a year where funds are tight and revenue is low.

Pros

The ability to text within the system is great

Cons

The data migration errors; inability to easily audit clients and review information; security issues where users randomly switch throughout the shift or clocks in the wrong person (not logged in) causing payroll issues; inaccurate reports; ability to manage other businesses orders and memberships without their permission; payment processor was using incorrect name on merchant statements, causing disputes from clients and extra charges; we have to use a separate system to process gift certs; list goes on...

Gabrielina R.

Customizable perfect for wellness practitioners

Reviewed on 25/09/2021

Pros

Ability to add SOAP notes and any other forms. Allows clients to online book and sends reminders and confirmation.

Cons

As an user and not involved in setup of system. No cons I can think of.

Hollister K.

Easy to use for booking appointments

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Very positive

Pros

Easy to use for administrative staff, for providers and for our clients! I get alerts when clients arrive, cancel or reschedule which is the best part for me

Cons

Nothing I would say I like least about boulevard