GlassWire

Network security and monitoring with built-in firewall

4.6/5

56 Software options

Ankit J.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

great tool and highly recommended

Pros

. Great tool to monitor graph, usage based on apps,traffic and publisher part.
. You get options to check what all devices are connected to your network
. The alerts for network connection are instant.
. Customisable theme , snooze alert, incognito mode are some additional features
. You get options to control your network and a power to approve or deny network request.
. You get options to remove users from the network
. Price wise perfect and pocket friendly with number of users and options you get.

Cons

. Lots of customization which may confuse the user.
. Notification can be annoying as your get alert for every activity on network.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Cons

Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Pros

This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that.

Cons

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Control your network!

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Eric G.
  • Industry: Military

Gorgeous App

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Pros

- It's free
- Beautiful interface
- Easy to install and access
- Interacts with Windows Defender

Cons

It's complicated. It requires some technical knowledge.

Sreenath J.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Notifications
3. Less interruption
4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion
Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user.
in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed.
Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

• Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An amazing piece of software to have

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Its easy to use and beautiful UI really goes a long way to understand more about your computer and its connections.

Pros

The UI and easy of use together with the easy to read information provided makes this app one of its kind. Seeing how my internet usage is being distributed really helped me take better decisions .

Cons

I don't have anything to complain right now - I got everything I need from it.

Philip R.

Can't beat GlassWire

Reviewed on 22/08/2020

Like I said before it's interesting to see what apps connect and communicate to different sites

Pros

I like seeing what apps are communicating with sites and what sites they are talking to.

Cons

I can't seem to get it to work on both my phone and laptop. My laptop shows the graph moving but my phone just shows the graph with no movement so I'm not sure if it's working or not..

Nathan P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 6-12 months

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do.
Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Braxton F.

well i ave had nothing but a great Experience w...

well we have a great Problem solver now with Glasswire

Pros

Well i like the ease of Installation on our Servers

Cons

it was slow at first until it adjusted to our Software

Jahswill U.

Easy way to monitor traffic

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Pros

I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand.

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

George C.
  • Industry: Banking

GlassWire review

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

The ease way to watch companies and were they are.

Cons

I can't think any present. I like the graphs....

Saqlain M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome piece of Software

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

SUPER AWESOME BRO

Pros

I love this software. I am very found of good software, useful software, which now a days are very scarce. I can not thank developers enough for making a software which shows what application uses the internet and uploads/downloads to what address. This kind of detailed information hub reviles the vulnerability which I didn't know was there before. It also enabled me with the power to block the traffic. Simply "It Is AWESOME"

Cons

I don't know of any cons yet, I have used just the trial. But it will be very bad if they record our browsing history and logins. Which they say they don't but real truth will come forward in time.

Response from GlassWire

Hello Saqlain, thanks for your review!

You wrote "it will be bad if they record our browsing history and logins". We agree!

That's why your data never leaves your device. We couldn't record it even if we wanted since we never have any access to it. https://www.glasswire.com/privacy/

You can confirm this by finding your data usage database on your own PC. https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database

We are not a cloud service that keeps your data on our servers.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

A must have for metered connections!

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

GW has helped me take control of my metered connections and prevent programs like email clients and others transmit large volumes of data in the background. A must have for metered connections and as an addon to the security s/w!

Pros

The ability to control all the applications installed in my pc and the data volume they use especially with metered connections. Also, it offers you a real-time protection on top of the security s/w you use without slowing down the connection or the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it needs to be reset - does not start automatically with Win10

Muzammil S.

Best Network Monitor

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

The Overall Experience is awesome and glasswire is the application that i kept in my auto start-up when my computer starts. I am using this application on all of my 3 devices which are computer, laptop & on my android smartphone. Even I have suggested this application to my many friends and they are using the same.

Pros

1. Security : It protects your computer from all malicious attacks & it gives you the ability to approve or deny a network connection running on your computer.

2. Convenience : we can check the network without even opening the whole application. It notifies all the changes made to the network.

3. GUI : The Graphical User Interface Is Awesome. The Graphical Speed Chart of Internet Speed gives all Current and past network speed.

4. Built-In Firewall : Already Said the Glasswire firewall Helps us to protect from malicious attacks and gives the ability to approve or deny network connections.

Cons

There are no cons in the application according to me. My Only Suggestion to glasswire team is that the premium prices of basic & pro should be decreased 5-10$.

Almost complete

Great product

Pros

I love the way I can block individual programs from accessing the net.

Cons

I would love to see a Ubuntu and Mint (which is Ubuntu based) build for Linux. This is really a "missing" issue with Glasswire; no Linux support. I am happy to update this review if Linux support is added.

• Industry: Hospitality

A great simple firewall

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

Pros

This does a great job of blocking traffic and presenting all the traffic on a nice clean UI . Everything is easy to access and learn how to use.

Cons

Not really a huge fan of the tiered software options but I understand it. I would rather just pay for a pro version and get all the features but it is most accessible to others at the different price points.

Joe G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great product - great for home user

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Good product for assessing network performance on my device

Pros

This product is great for seeing who (program) is using network and when

Cons

I have not had difficulty with it, works as specified.

Austin M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Super good!

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I’ve put this on my roommates laptop and every time he makes me mad, its so fun to remotely block his applications that he uses every day

Pros

I like how the full functionality is within the tabs on the top of the screen, very easy and useful interface

Cons

One thing I wish had more functionality is the firewall. It’s an application firewall that’s to be in conjunction with your OS firewall, It would be cool if it had more integration with it and included ports that could be blocked or filtered out.

Jonathan H.

Very Useful Product

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

The ability to stop software from connecting to the internet and the ability to watch for spikes in data usage from my computer is very useful.

Pros

Ability to block software from connecting to the internet is very nice. The notifications you get each time a software has a new version number and is trying to connect to the internet is wonderful. Also the well designed interface is a joy to use.

Cons

No cons, I'm just really pleased with the software.

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

All in all an interesting support

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Absolutely satisfied!

Pros

- Easy to use
- Full control
- very good display

Cons

I don´t have anything against its use. Maybe if I intensify its use.

Walter P.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Used for 2+ years

Utterly annoying

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Bought it. Paid for it. Expected it to work properly. Liked the advertised features. HOWEVER, absolutely HATE the constant interruptions, pop-ups, computer slow-downs, and overall experience. Will be cancelling it momentarily (or whenever I get around to doing it). Software should be neither seen, nor heard from, if it is to be effective. Wives are for interruptions!!!!

Pros

I appreciate what GlassWire is "trying" to do, but this is not what it actually does. It does give "additional" information about the status of my computer and its workings, as well as its internet connectivity, but it does so at a very annoying expense.

Cons

I HATE, yes - absolutely hate the constant interruptions, pop-ups, non-interesting information and idiotic colors that are EXTREMELY annoying. I now remember why I had GlassWire before and why I eventually cancelled it. Software should be neither seen, heard, nor annoying in order to be effective. I HATE the products, and really don't care what it does. If it's doing its job, it should do it quietly, unobtrusively, and without interrupting my work (or pleasure). We already have too many interruptions in life.

Response from GlassWire

GlassWire's alerts are all optional and can be displayed any way you prefer, or not at all.

Just go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "settings" then "security".

For the colors you don't like, we literally have 15 different color options from black and white, to dark themes, to more colorful. Just go to the top left menu and choose "themes".

• Industry: Banking

Best Data usage visualizer app

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Being able to track what's hogging my network has been very useful to me.

Pros

Data visualized is very Accuracy and Privacy was very much considered.

Cons

Software still not available for mac os.

Brian M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Quick Glasswire review, a solid selection

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Glasswire has been easy to pick up and use as a means to further enhancing overall security. It also appears to have much more to offer as one takes the time to learn more of its finer workings. Bottom-line though is that it does its job well and looks really cool while doing it.

Pros

I recommend Glasswire because it is simple to use, with its engaging and unique UI, while also highly capable at its task. The bells and whistles are easily identified as well as explained in fairly seamless fashion with the well-meshed components. Enough for set and forget or tweaking til' content.

Cons

Personally, I would like even more information/granular details. However, I say that about everything.