PayPal Zettle

4.6 (1,720)
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(1,720)
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

1720 Software options

Tama G.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account.

For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.
Zuhairah A.
  • Industry: Banking

Very convenient in making payment

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Maikel M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Safe but costy

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Since I have started Papal, I always had great experience, its safe, reliable and secure: The 3 words when you deal with clients and money. customer service is understanding and reliable. PayPal offers more ways to connect with them than the traditional banks. Also, the fact that you get a code for each "situation" you have it facilites the exchange of information. With PayPal you can general many kind of reports, something that normal bank account dont all have.

Pros

At the time of Covid, we are always looking for new ways to keep transactions cashless. This new feature with Paypal gives me, as a seller, a new way to get paid. It is great to have this add on for my business because many clients rely on Paypal for their purchases/sells. Not Paypal is becoming more centralised for all my sells. Also clients appreciate it because they have all their favorite methods of payment under same same application. It replaces the old fashion "apple wallet or google pay"

Cons

The cost of this feature is expensive to the seller. If we compare it to other debit/credit cards terminal on the market, it costs more.

PAYPAL PROS AND CONS

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

My overall experience with PayPal, the anxiety over online shopping is taking away because i know my money is protected and it makes my online shopping and earning effortless,
but,with that said I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer money,without being charged on both ends.
would definitely recommend this site to anyone who shops online or conducts their businesses online.
PayPal has to remember some of us were not born with a cell phone,some of us had black and white 2 channels tv's with rabbit ears for static.

Pros

VERY EASY TO SET UP ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.WHEN THERE IS A DEPOSIT IN YOUR ACCOUNT,YOU ARE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELYTHEY DO NOT HASSLE YOU AT ALL.
YOUR MONEY IS SAFE AND ITS A FANTASTIC APP FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME AND HAVE A SECURE WAY OF IT BEING PROTECTED MORE SO IF YOU ARE DOING ONLINE SHOPPING,IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME THEY TAKE ACTION TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK,BECAUSE THEY SECURE YOUR MONEY AND I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY ' BETTER THAN SOME WELL KNOWN BANKS".

Cons

AH,CONS.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PAYPAL IS TRYING TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER CARD OR EVEN BACK TO MY OWN PRIMARY BANK ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE LINKED PAYPAL WITH.
THIS SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME AS BIG AS OTHER NATIONAL BANKS,ONCE THEY DECIDE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE FOR THE GENERATION THAT WAS NOT BORN INTO THE COMPUTER ERA.

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.
Antonio G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

PayPal here (Zelle

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

The description of our experience using PayPal here is exemplary, appreciated and exceedingly efficient, cost-effective, and easy to use and because of the efficiency of Paypal Here we have not once required use support. The interfacing properties of Paypal here have allowed us to navigate smoothly, efficiently, and without any problems whatsoever. If and when a question needs answering, the Paypal website has an extensive list to garner the required answers.

Pros

It does not get any easier than PayPal here to facilitate payments from clientele for our company. The ease of the compilation of information is required for us to track expenditures and income. This allows for comparisons to our own systems to identify and ensure the accuracy of both of the aforementioned. And if a client may already possess a PayPal account, payment is relatively immediate and there is never any need for additional requirements or information from the client. Expediency and efficiency are expected by our clientele and this system allows it to be an integral part of the expectations of our clientele.

Cons

Not any discernible cons with the possible exception it cannot integrate possibly with WooCommerce.

Kim B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Money on the go

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Great! Anyone who has paid bills online, made online purchases and/or does any form of billing should use PayPal.

Pros

That it's easily available for everyone to use and that it has simple step by step options that anyone can follow to pay or to be paid by anyone else even if they don't have a PayPal acct..There is a community feed, not assistance and you can mssg/chat/call customer service.

Cons

The .com site and the app offer the same options but in different setup/steps and that confusing for a newcomer as well as those of us who use them regular.

• Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Pay With Ease

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

My overall experience has been fine, with the exception of what I mentioned about what I least like about the software.

Pros

Its ease of use! I use this to pay just about all of my bills, mortgage included! It's easy to navigate and their is no guess work.

Cons

I honestly cannot find anything I dislike about the software per se but I am however a little angry that Paypal has of recently decided to let us make payments straight from our bank accounts instead of me having to purchase Paypal Cash cards to transfer money. I've been paying a mortgage for almost 6 years now and it is only as of recently I've been able to enjoy this feature. I've spent god knows how much money on transfer fee's ($4.95) for the last 6 years and now you finally enable this feature? Not helpful at all.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy Pay

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

It has made payments much easier and faster. We have overall saved money with the lower fee per sale. I highly recommend checking it out.

Pros

Contactless payments, accepts most major cards, low rates. I've yet to have a payment that it didn't accept. The fee per use is relatively low compared to other major readers at right around two percent. Very user friendly and easy set up.

Cons

Very rarely I will have to reset the system which is a pain when you are in mid transaction but it's very rare and resets fast.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The ease of use and overall fees seemed better with PayPal.
Brivelle D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

PayPal Still Number One

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

I had to call customer service on three separate occasions about the same time. When I called the first two times about a dispute, they were never entered into the claims department. It wasn’t until I spoken to a third agent, who took my claim and enter it into the system properly and reassure me that this situation will be taken care of. This beautiful person gave me a timeframe of when everything should be finished and to surprise, it was done just like he promised. It took PayPal over nine months to return $17.33. No matter what, I still have a sense of security when it comes to my account dealing with PayPal.

Pros

What I love most about PayPal is that I can link all my accounts to my PayPal account. When I’m paying for something I can choose what account I want the money to come out of. It gives me control and allows me to navigate my finances.

Cons

Customer service didn’t handle my dispute properly and customer service also doesn’t give returns back in a properly manor.

Paulo V.
  • Industry: Wholesale

One of the best for electronic transactions

Reviewed on 09/02/2020

In general, PayPal represents for me a great tool for the global Internet, it facilitates the life of those who want security and ease in the transfer of resources that help the expressive way those who sell on the Internet just like me.

Pros

The ease in financial transactions and the fact that it is accepted in most of the sites that I use in my work, frankly, I never had any serious problems with this application and the use for some years.

Cons

On certain occasions, I had some unforeseen events, with respect to some application settings, I had some difficulties and I had to request support by phone. At this point, I think there must be an improvement so that more laypeople can configure it without difficulties.

Jason W.

Paypal Here is our choice for merchant solutions

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

Tp described our overall satisfaction, i would say 10/10 or 5 stars, we been using it for 5 years and business has been amazing with their product services and customer service. We were able to expand and reach people online door to door and in store and management is easy with details transactions and info. Highly recommended.

Pros

We loved everything about paypal here their rates a very competitive and their software is really great im able to use it for online, in store, or on the go transactions. There easy to use free spftware and hardware allows you to use ur phone to swipe cards or take cash where ever you are.

Cons

We can't even think of something we don't like about paypal here.

Marisela E.
  • Industry: Fine Art

I use it to check in on my funds, see what clients have made payments, and to see about any...

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

A place for my clients to make payments safely, easily; and I can check up on that when I need to.

Pros

It's easy to use, I can use my fingerprint to sign in and right away get a view of my funds. Also, I can easily send funds to someone/business.

Cons

When I have had to deal with "cases" or payment issues, it's impossible to get any information on the app, it's impossible to check in and write back on any issue-- you need to jump on the website to do that. Also, it would be great if more info was provided to small business in regards to protecting the funds, or dealing with a charge dispute. The funds are immediately removed from the account for up to 75 days, that's too long.

Bethany L.

Highly Recommend PayPal

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Pros

I love the way PayPal is set up and super easy to use. The layout with categories of tabs and simple labels really helps the not so skilled people to be see and understand and be able to use quickly. The downloadable reports are great for reconciling and keeping records straight. There was a problem once with transactions not being emailed to us and the PayPal reps helped us work it out.

Cons

I don't really have much to say about not liking it. I really like most everything about PayPal. Maybe one thing I wish is that we could print a label directly from PayPal instead of having to copy it down.

Maria lenin L.

Pay and gt paid instantly with Paypal

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

Pros

Fastest and most convenient way to pay and get paid. I am also a Freelancer providing services to different countries and I would normally receive payments through Paypal. My clients find Paypal safe, easy to use, and flexible when it comes to payimg salaries and services where employees are of different country. I like Paypal because i can also link my mobile wallet where transferring of money is easy with less fee.

Cons

They should improve more on customer support because there are certain inquiries where direct answers and assistance can take more than 48hrs.

Heather W.
  • Industry: Photography

Use It Almost Daily

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

Pros

Paypal has become such an easy way to pay for items, place soemthing on credit and overall has been a nice way to engage with clients payments. I love that it tracks all you're transactions, and you can pay others as well. Friends in need of extra cash, money in the account, or just a gift you'd like to send!

Cons

There is very little I actually don't like about PayPal. They have awesome cash back, great deals or spending so much money, and money recieved back for spending. It really has transformed the way I spend and cash flows.

Jeffrey W.
  • Industry: Market Research

Pay pal is great for buying online

Reviewed on 26/11/2021

I think that it is exceptionally protected and great to use for online buying.

Pros

I like the usability, as both a client when I'm purchasing an item on the web, and as an entrepreneur, getting installments on the web. I likewise like that PayPal upholds business accounts and consistently attempts to offer the opportunity to be vindicated, assuming there are at any point any issues.

Cons

I accept that there is as yet an issue with finding another Paypal client's name rapidly. It actually takes some time longer than different organizations.

Ruth ann L.

PayPal Here device works

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

In our case, as a small nonprofit who has just occasional need for a point of service sale, PayPal Here is our best option.

Pros

Since our Nonprofit already uses PayPal extensively for donations, selecting the PayPal Here device and app was a no-brainer of choice for taking Point of Service donations and sales payments. As long has one has connectivity to the Internet one is ready to take payments with ease

Cons

I don't really have any cons. PP Here has always worked well as long as I could get a phone signal with my cell phone. Our sanctuary is remotely located and there are no cell towers close. One must rely on a WiFi connection in these cases. That has nothing to do with PayPal's quality, though.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The ease of linking PP Here to our existing PayPal account.
Manali S.

Easy way to shop online

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Paypal is one of the most tech savyy firm and i always enjoy using the software.

Pros

I live the feature which enables to link paypal account while shoppong online. It avoids the hassle of entering card details which are hard to remember. Paypal also provides additional service like xoom to transfer money internationally which is a breeze to use.

Cons

Paypal should tie up with more retailers so we can directly link our paypal account to make payments.

Nathan S.

Smooth and gets the job done

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Overall, great system. Very easy to use and implement.

Pros

Great features--makes it possible to accept financial transactions at any of our mobile locations with ease.

Cons

The transaction fees are a little steeper than some other options out there, but for the ease of use, it is worth it.

Tyler D.

Paypal is the Best Money Service

Reviewed on 24/02/2019

Pros

Paypal is almost the gold standard for money service now days. It is widely used on most websites you use, such as Ebay. I usually keep a balance in my Paypal because I use it all of the time. If you don't want to keep a balance there is no issue with that because it will take it directly from your bank account or debit card. The app is very easy to use and navigate on. You can set up a finger print login for better security and not having to type in a password every time you login. It is easy to navigate through all of your transactions that you have sent or received. If you use Paypal then you should be using the PapPal Here App for convenience.

Cons

I wish all of the functions were on the app likes the browser. I had a sender from an unknown source and I could not approve it from the app. I had to log into the browser version and approve this transaction. This may have changed though since then.

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Make sales on the Go!

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Very positive experience. It has added much needed flexibility to my small business.

Pros

It does not take up excessive memory. Works well whether you use the card reader or process transactions manually. Extremely helpful to use either way. You can preset amounts to charge. Options for receipts are great. Automatic transfer of information to email.

Cons

Sometimes the confirmation information that comes to the seller is missing details. Not sure if this is based on whether the purchaser is new. The amount is always correct so that is good. You can provide a receipt and not always get the email or phone number in the confirmation.

Venmo and Square Payments
Patrick J.

Still The Best

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

My experience with PayPal has been nothing but smooth.

Pros

I have been using PayPal since the beginning. It has made doing business online easy. It has grown and evolved along with the internet and is still my preferred option for purchase processing for both buying and selling.

Cons

As I am in Canada there is still no option to get a PayPal debit card like you can get in the U.S.A.

Ben A.

A bit expensive to get paid through but works fine!

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

I have a lot of customers using this to pay me for my services. It's easy to send a payment request after finishing a job!

Pros

Easy to setup a recurring revenue stream with customers.

Cons

They charge a bit more than some alternatives.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

PayPal is more known in some areas of the world.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Improving Business on the Go

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Overall it has been an amazing experiance and We look forward to continue working with Paypal, and our customers enjoy the ability to be able to pay with card or paypal as well..

Pros

The ability to have PayPal on Multiple Devices and be able to have customers pay for there sercives in more than one location,

The ability to have more than one Card Reader Plugged into more than 1 device at a time for payments

Customers can have their receipts emailed or sent to them via a SMS instead of having a paper reciept.

Cons

The set up on mutiple devices seemed to be a little time consuming