Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.8/5

242 Software options

Corrine S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use product, but very limited analytics, and support is hit-and-miss.

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

This was a good system when our company was smaller and less reporting was needed. Our growth has fuelled the need for more robust reporting, which this system cannot accommodate as time entry by day is not supported. Customer support has been very frustrating at times; I have had support staff tell me that I need to be referred to the Projects Team and will be incurring extra charges for, for things that other support staff can do on demand at no extra cost. I have also had some support staff recommend "fixes" for payroll issues that did not take into consideration the impact that their solution would have on the Record of Employment. I don't have my PCP designation, but I am very mindful of what I'm doing and was able to understand the ripple effect of some of the support advice I was given and therefore request a different solution from the Ceridian support staff. I think this may be a problem for an inexperienced payroll administrator, as they might not fully understand some of the advice being given and question how it may impact other components of the payroll function.

Pros

I was provided almost no training by my employer on how to use the software, but I adapted easily because the system is fairly intuitive.

Cons

Reporting is VERY LIMITED. We run payroll bi-weekly, and need the ability to report on specific date ranges that do not necessarily align with our pay cycles. Unable to make note of "effective date" for things such as pay increases. Customer support is very hit-and-miss.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Corrine - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Your insight helps us to improve and to continue to innovate. We will definitely share your thoughts around reporting capabilities with our product team.

Dawn A.

Simple and user friendly

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

reliable and straightforward.

Pros

Employee self-service is really user friendly and much easier to administer than ADPs team pay

Cons

I would like the ability to run more reports and also would appreciate the ability to export the reports to excel. Would appreciate the ability to make changes with an effective date, for example, make effective on the next pay period rather than having to accumulate those changes in a separate system for later.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Dawn - Thank you very much for your feedback. The insight you provided around reporting and effective dates is something we will share with our product team. Thank you for choosing Powerpay!

Jennifer M.

The Best Payroll Company

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Pros

The system is user-friendly. It is easy and fast to use and insert information.

Cons

The information for each employee could be more accessible to HR. Sometimes I spent time finding the profile for each employee.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - thank you very much for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy and fast to use.

Sally R.

Advocate for Ceridian Powerpay

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Powerpay is an excellent tool. Having the ability to work with payroll in this format has enabled me to delegate certain levels of data entry to lower level managers with allowing access to confidential information. This improved efficiencies. Having the ability to access our whole payroll system remotely has been a great asset. Customer service is always quick to respond and you always get to speak to a person that is friendly, professional and will find the answer for you.
The software is very easy to use and straight forward. I appreciate that we have been able to do some customization. There are many resources available as well for small businesses that may not otherwise have access.

Pros

I have worked with Ceridian in a previous position with a national company that used the Workforce management component as well. When I needed to source a payroll company for the organization I now work for Ceridian Powerpay was an easy choice. The transition from the existing pay system to Powerpay was seamless for our employees. The implementation of the program was an easy process with the assistance of the support team. It is very user friendly and provides us with all elements we need through the ability to customize. I like that it is easy to access from anywhere, including a mobile device.

Cons

This is an excellent product. The only comment I have for a con is that some of the reporting is not as user friendly in the way this it is laid out.
I have not encountered any issues of concern.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sally - thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you have found Powerpay to be a useful tool for you and the organizations you've worked for.

Megan L.

Excellent for small and large businesses

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Ease of use, quick processing ties

Pros

The Powerpay feature makes payroll processing a breeze and the customer service is exponential. Amazing experience and have been a loyal Cerdian customer for 5+ years

Cons

Employee Profiles are somewhat limited with information

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Price and ease of administration

ADP Workforce Now

Price and useage

Response from Ceridian

Hi Megan - Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 5+ years! We recently launched new functionality around employee records that we would love to walk you through. Again, thank you for your business!

Nicole T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great support and product

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Overall this is a very good program. It is inexpensive and reliable. The support team is great. I am especially happy at this time of year (not having to do T4's). Did I mention that the support team is extremely helpful?

Pros

The support team is amazing. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. For the most part, once you get used to the program it is reasonably straight forward to use. It does ROE's and T4s which is fantastic! I like the ability to have the benefit deduction to come off only the first pay run and having the permanent values. I have been able to do some customizing to make the reporting better for my needs.

Cons

You can't do anything until you have a pay run open. I would really really like to be able to set up employees, and look at and edit (e.g. rates, benefits, direct deposit) without having to open a pay run. That is the biggest flaw of the program. The ROE portion is also problematic. When you do something wrong it just tells you it didn't generate the ROE but doesn't give you a reason why. Additional guidance and error reporting would be good.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Nicole - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We actually now have the functionality to be able to edit or adjust employee data without having to open a pay period. We would love to walk you through that!

Ruth K.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Ceridian Review

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Powerpay reps seem to have less information regarding Quebec payroll taxes & requirements
That has been frustrating

Pros

Allows to ensure payroll remittances to Quebec & Feds are done accurately & on a timely basis
Streamlines year end processes thereby allowing labour savings - i.e hours spent setting up T4S releve 1s

Cons

self service portal - we get charged for portals that are not used by inactive employees/contractors
the onboarding process with the transfer of old information to the new platform was onerous & customer support was not that knowledgeable
Fees are high,in general

ADP Workforce Now

Works best with TD bank

Response from Ceridian

Hi Ruth - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your insight allows us to continue to improve our functionality.

Theresa A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Powerpay review

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

I used Ceridian many year ago in previous positions, but it had been a number of years. I recall it being a little simpler to use, but still find the program fairly intuitive.

Pros

Quite user friendly, it had been a number of years since I process payroll and was able to step back in very simply, with no refresher training needed.

Cons

Having to enter a pay period to view or modify employee records/information. It would also be nice if the program would auto calculate the salary override when vacation pay is entered. It would alternatively be nice if we could be entering this information in days or hours and the program did the math. Salary information is provided in employee set up.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Theresa - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback! We actually now offer functionality that removes the need to enter a pay period to adjust employee info. We will absolutely take your other points into consideration as well! Thank you!

Jessica M.
  • Industry: Banking

Powerpay makes paying your people easy!

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Overall I love Powerpay - so much so that all 4 organizations I process payroll for are now on this system!

Pros

Software is easy to use and navigate. Ceridian has been making lots of changes lately to enhance the user experience and it shows!

Cons

Wish there were more basic reporting features available in Ceridian to easily run employee based reports. Also wished the enhanced reporting was easier to understand / navigate.

Anna C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

My review on PowerPay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I find that anytime I have question or require assistance, I am able to call and talk to a customer service advisor in a timely manner. All customer service advisors that I have spoken to have all been very helpful and knowledgable and provided excellent guidance and advise.

Pros

I like the fact that employees can obtain their paystubs and T4's online. I find that once an individual has used it often enough it is user friendly.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I do not have access to the employees' paystubs unless I go into the system as the user. It would be nice to be able to pull an employee's paystub to review if the need arises.

I also think it would be good to be able to make changes to the employee's profile (ie address change) without having to open a payrun to do so.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Anna - Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it! We now have functionality that allows you to access employee records without entering a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through this! It is great to hear that you are happy with the support you have received so far! Thank you!

Bryce J.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Overall positive experiences

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Overall positive and very user friendly

Pros

The customer support is top notch, and it is cost effective

Cons

Could have more useable report.
Things as simple as staff lists, employee birthday report for celebrating specials events, Years of service for celebrations, ect.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Bryce - thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad that you've had positive experiences with Powerpay and our customer support team.

Laurie L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Takes the Guesswork out of payroll

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

The time it takes to calculate the deductions and write each person's cheques is solved with this software. Since this task is done by volunteers who may or may not have any accounting/payroll skills, this software makes all those decisions for us. I don't have to keep Excel spreadsheets to keep track of our running costs.

Pros

I like that I don't have to keep up to date on the latest tables. Ceridian is always up to date on that. I like that I don't have to remit the deductions. Ceridian does that. Once the employee is set up, it is very easy to pay them or to edit if need be. I really like the direct deposit feature rather than cheques because our staff are seasonal students who seem to lose cheques more frequently.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can say negative. We don't use many of the features available such as employee portals or human resources management because of the nature of our staffing dynamics. I don't like that I can't run two different payrolls - one monthly for our salary, and one weekly for our counsellor staff - using only 1 payroll fee. I would have to pay the basic fee for each.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Laurie - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Catharine W.

Great support

Very reliable

Pros

I like the personalize customer service support that comes with it.

Cons

Not really any major cons it was a little pricier but overall worth the cost.

RUN Powered by ADP

Service

Response from Ceridian

Hi Catharine - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're glad you find our customer support team helpful!

James D.

High quality product with excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

We have solved almost all of the manual process with payroll. We do verify the hours and enter in some additional earnings codes but otherwise the rest is automatic - even the accounting entries generate automatically for us to import in to our accounting software!

Pros

The ability to have all transactions automated! I do not need to manual transfer payroll funds, tax remittances, or pension contributions. Powerpay automatically does this for me so all I need to worry about is entering in the data!

Cons

I've asked for this feature before but with pensions that have split contributions based on YMPE there needs to be a way for the system to know an employee has hit YMPE to adjust their contribution percentage accordingly.

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Ceridian Review

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Pros

Easy to use the product, when an issue comes up support is always helpful

Cons

Haven't come across anything in last 6 years

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sarah - Thank you for your feedback!

Tammy B.
  • Used for 2+ years

PowerPay is Great for a small to medium size company's payroll needs

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

The customer support is always friendly and helpful. Powerpay keep me informed to legislative changes. They provide good seminars.

Pros

User Friendly and great customer support. For the small amount of employees this is the prefect software for our payroll needs.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I did not like.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Tammy - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Jane O.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Jane's opinion

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I have had to issue a couple of different ROEs in the past couple of months for two totally different reasons. I had a little trouble with both. I phoned PowerPay and was provided prompt and effecient support each time that I called. Your employees are very polite, knowledgeable and quickly helped to solve my issues.

Pros

Software is easy to use and let's you try different options before actually submitting your payroll.

Cons

When changing any setup I would prefer to know the options available and how they affect my choice.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jane - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're very happy to hear that our support team was able to assist with any struggles you had.

Leanne J.
  • Industry: Law Practice

User Friendly, Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I have used this software for years and have never had a complaint from an office manager nor issues to deal with.

Pros

The best part about having this software is that, while it is already easy to use, I know that when I call customer service for assistance on the rare occasion I require it, I will get someone fast and who knows what they are doing. They are professional and courteous always.

Cons

I have not found anything I do not like.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Leanne - Thank you for your feedback, we're so happy to hear that you are confident in our world class support team and that we can be there to assist when you need it! Thank you!

Gayle K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to use and Customer Service is great!

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Overall experience has been very positive and Powerpay makes my job easier.

Pros

This product is easy to use and any questions what so ever were quickly answered by the Customer Service Team. What a relief that I don't have to know everything, I can just ask!

Cons

It has been recently (year ago) updated so now I find what I am looking for easier.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Gayle - Thank you for your feedback! We're delighted to hear that your experience with Powerpay has been a good one!

Gina P.

Powerpay

Would highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use, can enter data at any time and review multiple
times before submitting. Great customer support, wait time is minimal and each support call has been optimal over the last 8 years.

Cons

Some features used less often are difficult to navigate, ie issuing ROE, but call support has been very helpful to help navigate that task.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Gina - Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 8 years! It is great to hear that our support team has been able to assist you with any issues. Thank you again!

Lucy C.
  • Industry: Food Production

Great product

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I have a had a positive experience with Powerpay. The client support staff are excellent and has always been able to solve any problems I have had.

Pros

The product is easy to use and web-based application has been a key factor during 2020. It has enabled me to work from home without and problems

Cons

I have not had any issues with the product. It meets our company's needs.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lucy - Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with Powerpay and that our support team has been able to assist you.

Aaron D.

Web3 Review of Powerpay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The more I use the program, the more familiar I become. It's straight forward and easy to get started.

Pros

The ease of entering hours to be paid, and the flexibility to use different methods (salary to hourly)

Cons

I dislike having to begin a pay period before I can add or modify employee information.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Aaron - Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you find Powerpay easy to use. We now have the functionality to access employee information without having to be in a pay period. We'd love to walk you through that! Thank you again!

Krista D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

So easy. I can do my payroll in a couple of minutes and not have to worry about anything else

Pros

The software is so easy to use. The system was updated shortly after I started using it more frequently and it was still so easy to figure out.

Cons

Things that I don't use all the time are a little hard to find but with help from customer service, it's easy once you know.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Krista - Thank you so much for the great feedback! We're delighted to hear that we can help you make payday easier!

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Photography

Easy

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Great, staff are always great to deal with and know what to do right away.

Pros

Very easy to move around and get the information I want. Takes minimal time to create payroll and finalization of payroll to get the paystubs is fast.

Cons

If not set up correctly to begin with, it can be a nightmare getting the information I want.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lisa - thank you so much for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that you've received great service from our support team!

Rachel M.

Using Powerpay for my non profit

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It has been very smooth. Everyone I have contacted on the team has be knowledgeable and given me the correct answer.

Pros

I find the powerpay associates are always willing to help when I call in an answer my questions in a flash! I think it was helpful to refresh on the ROE information at year end, and they always offer this as a tutorial, which I appreciate. The other piece I like is setting up a new employee.

Cons

I wish the new employee set up had a reminder for direct deposit.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Rachel - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad that you enjoy using Powerpay and that our support team has been able to assist you.