Acorn

Cloud-based learning management & corporate training system

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

19 Software options

Adrian C.

Amazing tool and support!

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Amazing tool & service! It was difficult sifting through the seemingly dozens of LMS platforms out there - we must have done a demo with at least 6 or 7. Acorn impressed us with how easy-to-use it appeared, and we've not been disappointed in our decision. Their support is incredible, and helps being in the same timezone (lots of others were either US or UK office hours which wasn't very convenient for us).

Pros

Onboarding was as painless as could be expected. Reporting is simple but comprehensive, and the local support has been amazing at answering any of our questions.

Cons

No real negatives from my side except maybe a larger content library, but I know this is on the roadmap and being built currently. Plus integrations with content providers mean there's lots available.

Simplify LMS, Absorb LMS, SAP Litmos and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Acorn

Ease of use, responsive local support
Casey D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Acorn Review

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

We are unique as a Recruitment company that also offers industry training. Acorn allows us to get our point of difference out into the market and also helped us "pivot" through Covid by enabling us to offer customised learning packages for our client companies.

Pros

Easy to use, affordable and great service and support. I recommend this product to anyone I know looking for a LMS.

Cons

Self-registration of users would make life easier for us as we scale

Bec S.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and clearly communicates how easy this product is to use.

Cons

People with admin access cannot view the learning profile/history of users.

Janette K.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Highly recommended Learning Management System for all agencies big small and in between.

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

We have been using this learning management system for 6 years now and will continue to do so. We could not have operated without it and the technical support is second to none.

Pros

This learning management system has really provided us with a one stop shop for all learning and development requirements for our staff. The product is user friendly, visually pleasing, modern and upbeat in style. The integration of the learning management system was an overnight success with staff having the functionality to self register for multiple face to face courses and complete online learning. The great part about the learning management system is that you can print off attendance sheets for facilitators to reconcile records. The system also provides a range of reports that are 100% accurate because a staff member cannot register twice for the same program. We have also been able to design other online learning and development forms specific to staff's requirements and have recently added annual refresher modules for all staff so we are customizing the system to suit our needs as we go.

Cons

We have only had a few glitches over the last six years but on each occasion the issue was rectified within a couple of hours.

Sally G.

Clean and easy to use

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

Trainisiting over to Acorn has been great as we have been able to significantly cut down on administration activities which acorn now do automatically for us. Having Acorn integrate and connect with other systems that we use is amazing.
Our end-users (our students) have found it easy to use.
As administrators in the system we have always been supported by technical and support staff.
Overall a fantastic product.

Pros

As an RTO organisation this product is easy to navigate for both the administrators and the learners. It is clean and offers a fresh look to e-learning.
There a number of excellent features that have been developed with e-learning in mind, for example, the live learning function where learners can book for live learning events and see their calender of up coming events.
Reporting functions also help us keep us update with what are learners are up to and where extra support might be needed.
Intergarition with other systems is a massive advantage

Cons

At this stage, inability to customise some sections of the platefore eg change fonts and colours of text.

Savanna S.

SAVE by using Acorn

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

Acorn is a huge benefit when it comes to investing. My invest value goes up on the daily just by using the "round up" feature!!!

I highly recommend!!

Pros

Acorn is easy to use and I love that it helps build up credit from everyday spending. It allows you to EARN MORE MONEY and helps to spend your money in a smarter way.

Cons

Didn't know about this software until it was brought to my attention. Promote, promote, promote!!

Melinda G.
  • Industry: Events Services

So simple - and great customer service!

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Pros

Acorn has greatly improved our company's onboarding and compliance processes.

Having the ability to customise the dashboard is a simple way to help familiarise our revolving volunteer base with our brand.

Implementation was quick and easy, and the support team are always incredibly helpful in answering our questions, even the silly ones.

Cons

We have been using Acorn for just over 6 months and I can't fault it, from both an administrator and user perspective we have had a consistently positive experience.

Sarah F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great technology

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

It's been great using Acorn.

Pros

It's easy to use and visually pleasing.

Cons

Occasional bugs. Can't complain about anything in particular.

The best way to save money and invest it

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Actully its an amazimg experience this software is fantastic it got many features and it helps me to save money

Pros

what I like most about this software is that it takes my change and save it plus it invests it and u can invest more by using 2x or 3x

Cons

what I like least about this software is it take a while loading while it investing the money

Joel A.

Acorn

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Pros

This platform was intuitive, easy to setup and even easier to use. The fact that I could easily customise the branding to match our existing style guide ensured that the system fit seamlessly into our existing ecosystem.

Cons

This software platform suited our organisation extremely well, it would be nice for some small stage startup pricing to be available. However with that said the team were extremely flexible with our options while we were setting up the system.

Felix B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great LMS

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Saved me a lot of time and allowed my business to scale more quickly.

Pros

Integration was smooth and easy to customise.

Cons

Can't think of anything that was missing!

John E.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Fine for my limited needs

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Pros

A simpler version of something I was using before, for my very small business Acorn is fine for when I sometimes need it. Larger businesses no doubt use features I've never opened or needed.

Cons

Never had a problem with it, from my purposes.

Jane C.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Review on LMS

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

I've been pleased overall. It allowed us to develop something quickly and efficiently. The product is currently in use and is being received well.

Pros

I am trainer / policy person and have not used LMS before. I liked that I could get into it and use the system easily (with support staff such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) to get things up and running.

Cons

The quiz functions are limited and the lay out is pretty basic.

Kimberly A.

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

I really like the overall concept of being able to invest like a pro at a cost I don't even notice. it makes me feel like I'm doing something for my future instead of being confused on the fence.

Pros

You can set it up to auto invest with your spare change or you can set it up to take a set amount each month. I love that it is being invested for me by pros as I am not stock savvy. also if I forget to stop auto withdraw they will pause it for me if my bank account looks low that month.

Cons

I get a little confused with the settings I have, when I first signed up and started using Acorns it was taking my spare change automatically then a couple of months later I had to go in and check my settings as it was no longer taking spare change to invest. not sure why that happens.

Erika K.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Enjoying it so far.

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

Pros

We have really enjoyed transitioning to Acorn as our LMS, and are finding that the software is particularly pleasing from a learner's perspective. We have had positive feedback from students and trainers when it comes to navigating course content. There are a host of useful features and functions including flexible enrolments, resources and activities, plus a great range of reports. I have been most impressed with the technical support received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and regular updates from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which has made the experience much less stressful.

Cons

Due to the size of our RTO and the number of courses we need to create, the system can run slowly at times - this is being improved gradually. We are looking forward to seeing a user profile feature become available soon.

Jack D.

You’ll go nuts over this system!

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Always a little nervous investing money into things like this. However was very happy with what we paid for and has improved our business!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. The team at Acorn we’re also very helpful and made it easy for us if we needed any help.

Cons

The fact that I didn’t find this system sooner...I am yet to fault it.

Nick S.

Acorn - User

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Pros

Super easy to use, great functionality making the overall process fairly seamless.

Cons

Bugs here and there. The learning curve for using was a little difficult at first but after that it became very easy to use.

Melinda V.

Set up of new Acorn system

Reviewed on 01/07/2020

We needed a system that could have multiple tenancies which we have achieved that function in different ways. This has allowed us to have our internal training for staff and contractors separate from our external training that is a revenue line for the business.

Pros

The platform has been easy to set up with the support of the Pursuit Technology developer. The course set up structure is also easy to use.

Cons

There is no option to have a course changed from self-enrolment to admin enrolment only. There is limited functionality to choose different selections in setting up cohorts to use fields not equal to. The set up of new users is clunky with having to upload the whole user dataset again as we don't have a HR system to draw the data from. The other issue is the inability to change the home page to feature the elements we want to have eg a blog.

SAP Litmos, iSpring Learn and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Acorn

Many reasons including cost of the platform, functionality, multiple tenancies.

Totara Learn

Reasons for Switching to Acorn

The ability to have multiple tenancies, the look and feel of the system and the cost.
Christina R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

How I feel about acorns

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

I used the free trial but I will not pay for what I get for free from other banks.

Pros

All financial resources at finger tips and ease of use.

Cons

The cost mostly I can get the same service from my original bank with no cost.