Bluescape

Virtual workspaces that facilitate team collaboration

4.2/5
4/5
3.7/5
4.4/5

Elaine A.
  • Industry: Design

Impressions of an new user

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

I am still discovering all there is to explore in this program but so far, I find Bluescape to be a valuable tool. I have been leaning on Bluescape to provide organizations and collaboration, but it can provide a sense of community to my classroom as well.

Pros

I love the navigational canvas tool. I makes it so much easier to pinpoint items in the space. I would love to see this feature expanded into a folder/group format (similar to psd layers). This way I could group several canvases associated with a singular space.
I also love the grid tool. I allows me to present large documents (pdf) in a visual storyboard format in addition to traditional paged document. As a design instructor, I can spread out my lectures to appeal to visual learners. I would love Bluescape to save me a step and be able to break it out into separate pages for me.
I am excited about the integration with zoom and adobe suite but have yet to try them out.

Cons

I dislike the limitations in the creative tool such as color, shapes, fonts, pen strokes. I find this very limiting. I need more options to work effectively. I'm hoping that these features are built out quickly, for such a robust program the tools are very basic. I also am not fond of the black space. In certain situations, I'd prefer the option of selecting a white space.

Maryann S.

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Pros

The ability to reorganize information in an organic way.

Cons

I wish that you could preview comments in the Comments Panel before opening up a specific note.

Response from Bluescape

Maryann, thank you so much for your review! Glad Bluescape is helping you organize information in an organic way. I understand about previewing comments. I will pass your feedback along!

Pamela K.

Educational Setting

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

Great way to share course content, love the visual ability to follow the flow of information. Good tools for making class notes that are then accessible to students the entire semester. It definitely aids team collaboration.

Cons

Most of my major critiques have been addressed in updates this past year -- e.g., ability to pin all assets. I would like to see Slack or another messaging platform integrated. Change tracking features are also needed, especially in the educational area where I have 100+ students interacting with the workspace. I would like to know who made what changes at what time.

Alison L.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

So helpful when working from home!

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Pros

Bluescape was so helpful when all of our teams were working from home! It allowed us to leave work up for review and collaborate as a team as if we were around one table in the office.

Cons

We have been unable to @everyone and get all team members tagged and this would be so helpful if fixed!

Response from Bluescape

Alison, thank you so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape has helped you and your teams work from home as if you're around a table in the office. That's exactly what it's meant for! Thank you for the feedback about @everyone - I will pass this to the product team :)

• Industry: Human Resources

Fun visual collaboration tool

Reviewed on 01/06/2020

Great tool for spacial visualization and design collaboration when working remotely.

Pros

So fun to work with co-workers using this digital tool. Its perfect for creative design teams, trying to visualize concepts together.

Cons

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve to understand the tips and tricks to optimize use, but after figuring those out, it was fun.

Adam S.

Building a better experience

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Having to work remote for months during the shutdown last year, we utilized Bluescape to communicate and collaborate with out of state and local clients. We were able to present multiple design presentations while at home which caused us to be able to land more contracts and keep our pipeline full with new work!

Pros

the ability to collaborate with clients in real time has improved our remote meeting capabilities

Cons

the video chat features are a bit primitive compared to other programs

Response from Bluescape

Adam, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape helped you land deals while working from home! Let us know how we can continue supporting you from home, the office, or... anywhere :)

Michael F.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

Pros

Great way to share knowledge and resources

Cons

Load time for assets, limited bandwidth to support a large amount of assets

Response from Bluescape

Michael, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you share knowledge and resources. I understand about bandwidth in large workspaces. We will look into this.

Becky T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Pros

It is a trusted tool to collaborate on projects.

Cons

I would appreciate more templates for project management tools to keep track of team members' progress - Slack-like; and a drag and drop where documents automatically size to a predetermined box - grid lock.

Response from Bluescape

Becky, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is a trusted tool for collaboration. Also, thank you for your feedback on what you'd like to see in Bluescape. More templates should be coming soon! And there is a snap-to-grid feature. Maybe this is what you're looking for? https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/positioning-assets-web

Christine L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great product!

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Pros

Product is easy to use. I really like that my entire team can use the software, and share whatever we are working on in real time.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize my look, software that you can tailor is always nice and keeps me interested/wanting to use

Response from Bluescape

Christine, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you're enjoying Bluescape! I agree on being able to customize the look. Have you seen the new light mode, custom colors, and enhanced text formatting? Let me know what else you'd like to customize and I'm happy to pass it on the product team :)

Dr joanne G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Furious Flower Legacy Seminar

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

It was a wonderful experience getting to meet the Bluescape team virtually as well as in-person. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were helpful, delightful and generous with their time and resources.

Pros

The opportunity to build an entirely interactive platform for the participants to use during the seminar.

Cons

The challenges of putting participant into cohort groups. Much trouble could have been avoided with clear instructions to do this, but could there be an easier way?

Response from Bluescape

Dr. Joanne, thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Bluescape and our team during your seminar! For future events, we are happy to provide additional training so everyone is comfortable ahead of time :) Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Catherine T.

Less intuitive

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

I liked the previous version of Bluescape better than the current one. One exception is the scaling of canvases.

Pros

Content storage and organization of ideas and supporting documents, all in one place

Cons

Large documents don’t open for sharing. Navigating the canvases is harder now than in the last version. Zooming and panning is annoying now, needs to be more fluid vs clicking off one to start the other. Need the Google images feature back. Need the canvas drop down back. Allow users to select classic Bluescape view vs the current. I choose classic

Response from Bluescape

Catherine, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping organize ideas and store content all in one place. Thank you for your feedback on what's changed in recent updates. I will share with our product team.

Tim S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Absolutely Indispensable

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

When we first went remote, it only took 2 days to get my in person teams into a virtual collaborative environment. I was blown away with the ease and speed of the transition. I used the tool sparingly before and now I use it daily!

Pros

I love how my student teams can collaborate and develop their products/services and then their business plans to launch. The tool allows them to collaborate easily and at the same time see what other students are doing.

Cons

Students are initially cautious about any new tool. But, in no time they are working within their assigned team canvases.

Valerie P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Worth the Investment!

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Great experience thus far. I do not use it on a daily basis. However, when I do "Design In Real Time", or display the project / floor plan on the Bluescape screen; the customers are always impressed with the software and ask for us to quote Bluescape just to see if the system will fit within their budget.

Pros

Bluescape is easy to use if you use the software regularly. Great for presentation meetings and Design In Real Time. I love how the presenter / user is able to have Video Conference as well as Draw and write on the screen. In addition, the notes that will be on the screen are able to be stored for later use, emailed to individuals as well as you are able to access your workspace / project file from your mobile app.

Cons

I do not know or have not practice much on Bluescape to have a "Con" comment.

Response from Bluescape

Valerie, thanks so much for your review. Glad you're enjoying Bluescape so far and impressing clients by doing Design In Real Time! Let us know if there's anything we can help with :)

Lana T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Favorite collaboration tool during design

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Love it. It makes me a better project manager.

Pros

Ability to paste from anywhere, mark up, and drop files into the work space so the whole process timeliness of design is visible.

Cons

I think creating an organizational template became crucial, since we have big teams - people would put things on the workspace with more or less order... creating a chaotic bear if someone wasn't helping keep it organized. Templates help.

Response from Bluescape

Lana, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear you're loving Bluescape and it's making you a better project manager - wonderful! I agree templates are helpful in keeping things organized. Happy collaborating!

Nicole K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great for creative review

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

As mentioned it’s great for creative review however there’s some choppiness to the overall user experience that’s made it difficult to implement into the overall company workflow. I.e. presentation decks, presenting video content, webex integration not having certain features that traditional webex has like chat function and being able to see multiple people at once

Pros

Love reviewing creative marketing materials in this platform.

Cons

The inability to present presentations with animated gifs in the workspace and the webex integration hiccups we’ve run into

Jennifer K.

Changed our communication as an organization

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Bluescape changed our communication both with Clients and internally. From designing spaces, showing options, creating marketing campaigns, managing multiple projects, sharing information, getting feedback, etc. There are so many uses.

Pros

Really great for visual people. Can hold so much content and easy to navigate and communicate through the various features. Some of the upgrades have really elevated the experience.

Cons

New features for excel don't seem to work right and the video conferencing sound isn't very good. We just abandoned those features and use with Teams.

Jin H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The future is here

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

The benefits far surpass the downsides, and it is truly amazing and awe-inspiring of what Bluescape can do. Our team uses the tool on a daily basis, and have it opened pretty much the entire working hours. I personally use it several times a week, and pretty much every time we have a virtual meeting (every meeting is virtual due to the geographical challenges), we use Bluescape.

Pros

Bluescape has some of the most innovative and futuristic features available. For example:
- Huge canvas allows incredible amount of information to be kept in a single location
- It's an amazing collaboration tool, and allows users to share the canvas and the workspace simultaneously, and also allows voice or video communication
- Ability to create virtual desk, and literally, virtual desk with all the personal items including pictures, flowers, computers, etc.
- Easy to share any files or tools via Bluescape
- Perhaps the most functionally rich collaboration tool available

Cons

Perhaps because of so much functionality and capabilities, here are several down sides:
- It can be a bit slow at times, and may require refreshing
- Difficult to navigate on the phone - it's designed for computers, not phones, so understandable

Chase H.

Bluescapes Group Functionality

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Very fun to learn it’s functional aspects in virtual group work. No real limitations on what can be uploaded and worked on which can bring new uses.

Pros

This software allowed my group to upload all their separate documents into one workspace creating a single area for us all to cite and create or projects. Document sharing and downloads were the most useful aspects of this software.

Cons

This software could get slow when a lot of users are on at once sharing different documents and working but for the most part no cons stuck out to me. Improving on group inclusive tools would be a great improvement.

Response from Bluescape

Chase, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you create a single area for virtual group work. If you have suggestions on group inclusive tools you'd like to see, please let us know!

Jackie S.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Great Product!

Reviewed on 23/06/2021

Pros

The infinite canvass! There is no limitation to the projects.

Cons

Can’t screenshot the information fully, can’t export the information anywhere else, can’t make Gantt charts which is important when project planning.

Response from Bluescape

Jackie, thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear you're enjoying the infinite canvas and flexibility of Bluescape. Thank you for the feedback about screenshots and Gantt charts. We're always making improvements, so I will pass this along to the product team. In the meantime, if you'd like to create custom charts or templates, check out this article: https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/templates

Isaac X.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Pros

I like how it is easy to interact with and easy to use.

Cons

The scrolling in and out is kind of weird for me.

Dana L.
  • Industry: Higher Education

GVSU Bluescape

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

I enjoy using this software for project management

Pros

Yes, the product is easy to use. works well with teams.

Cons

earlier version was a bit clunky - newer update has fixed this

Response from Bluescape

Dana, thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is easy to use and it's helping you with project management :)

Huajie M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Suggestion on some feature improvement

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

Easy to operate and the smart grid function is great

Cons

The smart grid could not move along with Marquee tool
The smart grid could not enter numbers on cell height and width

Noah C.

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Don’t see a major difference between blue scape and google drive (free)

Pros

Everyone had access. It looked very professional.

Cons

No one was familiar. Hard to use and navigate.

Response from Bluescape

Noah, thanks so much for your review. Bluescape's "infinite canvas" does take some getting used to. I hope you get more opportunities to try it out. Let us know how we can help!

Kevin C.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Touch Screen

New user

Pros

Large canvas easily accessible using finger

Cons

API openness with Avaya Spaces collaboration application

Response from Bluescape

Kevin, thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you like Bluescape's large canvas and touch screen capabilities. We know integrations are important. Thanks for letting us know you use Avaya Spaces as well. If there's anything else you feel is missing or could be better, I'm happy to pass feedback to our product team :)

Claria C.

It's okay

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Pros

Functions are straightforward, nothing complicated.

Cons

It's very frustrating to navigate, especially when multiple users are allowed to edit a workspace and sometimes one can make a large selection to delete a whole area. There are also several disconnections happening from different users in one session.