Citrix Workspace

Digital workspace & workflow management platform

3.6/5
4.0/5
4.1/5
3.7/5

58 Software options

Citrix: Best Virtual workstation

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Pros

It's easy to use and best optimized for remote desktop with the windows operating system. The experience is so great that it feels like we are accessing our own physical device as it supports almost all shortcuts. The support for multiple displays helps to be more productive which is one of the deal-breaking feature for me. It is highly secure as we have to enable 2 FA to be able to login into our remote desktop.

Cons

Currently, I am using Citrix workspace for development, so I would like to see Citrix optimized for the Linux system as well. I have to change the configuration in the system when installing the Citrix workspace app in Linux (Currently using Ubuntu 20.04). Sometimes the resolution doesn't match with the window size so I have to work on fullscreen mode.

Inconsistent

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

The most beneficial part is being able to work from anywhere and on any computer. It's made the transition during the pandemic doable for my entire company.

Pros

I like how I'm able to access my company's remote server on any one of my computers and anywhere in the world.

Cons

It is spotty and at times, it says I'm logged in but doesn't fully log in. The app doesn't work on my Mac or Dell so I always have to log in through a web browser.

Johnna P.

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

I have had a good experience with Ctrix Workspace and would recommend to others

Pros

Citrix is nice accommodation for companies who are not normally remote. It's useful for ensuring safety of information within the company and allows users to still access the same information they do at work that normally you need to be on the Company IP address for.

Cons

Citrix crashes constantly for me and takes up a lot of space on my computer which affects site speed / load time

Gloria M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

In invaluable tool in my job working from home

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Overall, Citrix Workspace is a valuable tool for Customer Service agents especially those working from home. It gives you access to the different programs needed to do the job and all the apps are consolidated in the general citrix workspace page.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, generally very reliable and has needed applications in one page.

Cons

My biggest pet peeve about this software is that it times out throughout my shift. When that happens it forces me to have to log back in and can throw my open apps out of synch.

• Industry: Insurance

Citrix Workspace

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Overall I like Citrix for remote work. It does its job well, only issue I have is that for how complicated the setup is there are other products out there that are a lot more simple for cheaper that do a lot of the same things.

Pros

The configuration options you have in deploying Citrix to machines after it has all been setup are very nice depending on your scenario. You can really customize your deployments and settings.

Cons

Setting up and deploying a desktop/application can become cumbersome and has a lot of steps.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Citrix - Great Remote Desktop Option

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Citrix has made working at multiple workstations much simpler than it was at previous positions. It works so well that it doesn't feel like I am accessing programs remotely most of the time. I am happy with the user experience.

Pros

The ease of access. I utilize multiple desktops at work, and wherever I login with my work credentials, Citrix workspace makes all of the programs I need readily available. I can save favorites, and access programs quickly.

Cons

I would add a feature. I t wold be nice to have Citrix recommend software that my workplace uses, based on what task I am trying to complete.

Vinayak S.

Efficient and secured

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Pros

Most easy to install and use this tool and serves the main purpose of adding security to the business.

Cons

There are timeout issue and connectivity issue that happes at times, however, that depends on how your Organization has setup the connectivity

• Industry: Automotive

Citrix Storefront is the perfect application to house your Citrix Servers

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

Pros

The ability to have all your Citrix Servers in one location that you can click to access is helpful versus having to remember specific URLs to access.

Cons

Nothing so far. This has been a far better option than when we had to manually remember the URL for the Citrix environment we wanted to connect to.

Citrix Workspace does the job and does it well.

Reviewed on 11/07/2021

Pros

Easy to connect and share
Access everything from one place
Simple and effective UI
Security and Reliability

Cons

Connectivity issues
Slow at launch
Some minor glitches

Maurice V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Desktop from home

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Citrix gives comfort that you are in a secure environment with access to all your office networks, applications etc.

Pros

I liked the fact that you enter a secure environment within the office parameters and find my desktop and access to intra net as I would be in the office. Works a treat. All my applications that I use internally work just fine.

Cons

I found some times that the time to connect was cumbersome, as was the several times during the day that I had to log in again. I get why that is the case but it frustrates easily.

Juan martin G.

My experience with Citrix

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

It has a low rate of time logged in, because the system automatically logs out you every 30 or 40 minutes, and you must do all those previous steps to enter once again

Pros

This personal and secure platform is available through a single Internet connection but in my company each user must install the plug-in to verify the confidentiality of the information

Cons

This system requires several seconds to start, may gates to log, and in my personal case I have to sync it with Google autenticator to log in. In fact, there are may steps for joinging

Nastazija B.

Instable work environment

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

It is a love and hate relationship and it is the most instable software I've ever used.

Pros

It is safe and when it works it is providing all the features that you would normally have when working inside and office on a company computer.

Cons

The instability is really aggravating. You never know when it will kick you out of the work space or when you are not going to be able to even sign into that virtual requirement which is of course counted against you by the employer when working from home.

Matthew G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 2+ years

Stick with VMWare and stay as far away from Citrix as possible

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Negative. This was not an intuitive tool to use or solution to manage.

Pros

Citrix is a less that decent solution for workspace virtualization. From an administrator and user perspective it is simply more work than it is worth and requires more training than it is worth.

Cons

Pushing images and updating software was tedious and was not at all streamlined. We lost our Citrix guru prior to me coming on board and this was a nightmare to manage.

Merlin B.

Disabled my graphics card

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Pros

It works for work but I would only recommend it on a dedicated work PC

Cons

The Citrix adapter it secretly installs disables your GPU graphics card so that games stutter. There was nothing to indicate it was that at issue so by the time I discovered the fault I had tried updating Bios and lost my motherboard. Beware if you play games on a PC with Citrix installed.

Gilad E.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

One of the best ways for to control your remote workspace

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

My overall experience is great, it is really fills amazing to control my remote desktop using it. in many ways it feels like working physically on my PC.

Pros

I like the ease of access my remote desktop, despite there are many authentications in the middle, most of them are saved on the browser. The access to my remote workspace is extremely impressive and most windows key and shortcuts working great.
The support of few screens make it way good for my usage (working with terminals).

Cons

It isn't easy to copy/paste of text and flies from the base computer, feature which is extremely important.
When there are connectivity issues, there is lack of information in order to debug the reason. The auto log in doesn't work all the time so I am finding my self typing my credentials many times

Burak S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Navigating customer enviroment is easy with Citrix Workspace

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

It is an important part of my daily life. Without it, I would need multiple access rights, multiple software to access technical environment which would be a huge waste of time.

Pros

As part of my role, I am expected to do work on multiple customers. Citrix Workspace makes it easier to connect to a customer environment. You also have an array of software at your disposal to access different nodes, data sources and applications.

Cons

Citric Receiver, the agent that is a part of Citrix Workspace has some bugs and cause problems from time to time.

Serhii M.

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Not great, not bad, but overall fine. It allows you to do a lot of work under one Workspace, provides security and easy administration.

Pros

All apps are in one place, easy to set up permissions and rights for users inside and outside your company. You can integrate third-party applications and variety is great. Not the worst interface.

Cons

Copy/paste may stop working from time to time between your PC and VM for example or can work one way. Resolution problems, only work fine on a laptop screen with 100% view. Constant freeze-ups.

Emmarose D.
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Citrix

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Pros

Easily access programs needed for our work

Cons

We have issues with the program being slow and crashing. I am unsure of them

Mark B.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Having to use a VDI is cumbersome, but this software makes it fairly seamless

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Pros

Although I am not a fan of having to use a VDI solution, this software makes it easy to manage. I am able to log in to the apps I need without having to wait for IT to install them locally. Sometimes the interface can be a bit laggy when on a slower connection, but that is not due to the software. I imagine this makes software management much simpler on our backend. I especially love the workspace connection center which shows and allows me to manage all of my connections at once.

Cons

One minor quibble, each time I open a remote application, it makes me download a temp file. I feel like there could be a better way of doing this, as these files will add up

Sergio P.

Great when it works

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

With the exception of poor integration from our tech support, I have been very happy with Citrix as it does what it needs to do.

Pros

When it works, it gives no issues. Allows me to remotely access my work desktop, and integrates nicely with my Mac; all of my peripherals work, and it is secure.

Cons

I am hardwired to Fiber Optic internet, yet occasionally (2-3 times a day) Citrix will lose connection and this requires that I wait 2 full minutes before I'm able to re-sign in. This has a negative effect on my productivity, especially as it is unpredictable. I believe that this may be how my tech team integrates it, but it is still a major inconvenience.

Ricardo C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for connecting to secure remote desktops

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Pros

It offers top tier security that is able to help isolate remote workers from traffic that they company doesn't want them using by connecting into a remote session

Cons

Sometimes there is lag when the system is being worked on by the tech support

Uğur Y.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A hero in pandemic time: Citrix Workspace

Reviewed on 16/05/2021

A special view of applications and personalized tasks makes my work easier. I can connect to the office computer from my home and this is incredibly critical, especially during the pandemic period. The application works stable and I can recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I can connect to the office computer from anywhere. In this way, I can easily access my files in the local network.

Cons

The program meets all my expectations. I hope it always works stably. However, if my internet connection is a bit weak, I can sometimes find it difficult to connect. But since this is more about my connection, I don't have a big expectation from Citrix on this issue.

Erin K.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

I used Citrix Workspace daily to get to apps that I used daily such as MyHR, Core Connect and Encompass just to name a few. Whether its to remote log in from home or the office, its very user friendly and has everything you need in one place.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. It services it's purpose for me, Ive never had any issues.

Marko P.

Reliable and simple to use tool for remote access and support.

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

I have been using Citrix profesionally as a remote access tool for years now and I find purposeful and easy to use. For comparison reasons, I will compare it to TeamViewer which I have used a lot privately. Apart from more and advanced options, TeamViewer has better response time and less lag. Also, Citrix is not able to send or “inject” all the windows commands and shortcuts. Of course there is the toolbar with a lot of practical shortcuts such as Task Manager, Control Panel, Windows Explorer etc. File transfer does know to be finnicky from time to time especially when transferring large files, but of course, that might be just my personal experience.

Pros

The tool is reliable and it makes the work done for my team and our needs. It is effective and easy to use.

Cons

Lag, file transfer problems with large files, not able to send windows shortcuts not able to send sound.

Shannon M.

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Overall, it can be difficult to use and has many glitches

Pros

I like that I can use the workspace to view all my applications such as skype and email

Cons

Citrix workspace often times fails or has issues logging in and then I have to reset the workspace, log out or re download the workspace