Frontline SIS

14 Software options

Janie W.

Progressbook by Teacher

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

Pros

The last update which included automatic saving has been a game changer. I no longer have to remember to click save. I like the ease of setting up different methods of calculating and excluding grades. The reports it generates are easy to make. My district only uses Progressbook for grade entering so I'm not sure about the other features.

Cons

Progressbook is sometimes slow to load or open new windows even when the internet works fine with other websites.

Priya R.

Very Slow

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Very slow at grading calculating time. Every report card and progress report time. I work for Orange County Public Schools in Florida. It has never been like this. I used to be able to calculate grades with comments in 45 minutes, but this is so slow. Even late. It is 11:00 pm and I am struggling with this.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use the majority of the time.

Cons

It is extremely slow when it is time to calculate grades. It takes a full minute or two, I timed it, between calculations to move to the next student. That's why I have time to write this review. Our grades are not due until Friday, officially, but I like to be ahead. Today is Monday. Why is it slow ?? A 45-minute task now takes almost two hours while waiting and trying to multitask to use my time wisely.

Ranneth Y.

Teacher review

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Pros

I do like how it is a system that gives me the opportunity to take attendance, do grades and access contact information in one place.

Cons

As a teacher, time is precious and I need programs that help me utilize my time better. I feel that when I have to enter my grades even do a simple search. The interface has so many options but not easy to navigate . There seem to be many things available on my dashboard but I'm not quite sure how to use all of it.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Overall a very useful product!

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

Overall I've had a positive experience with the software and very few complaints.

Pros

As a parent of a student whose school uses this software, I am normally looking at it multiple times per week to make sure no assignments are missed. I do like that it is easy to use and assignments are clearly laid out for each class. I enjoy being able to get a quick snapshot of my child's progress.

Cons

The interface seems a bit dated. This doesn't affect the functionality of the software, but it does make it somewhat less enjoyable to use. It would be nice if the interface and styling were updated. It would also be nice if I could set up alerts for myself when new assignments are added. I know it's possible to get alerts when assignments are missing or have a low grade, but more alert types would be nice.

Jasmine A.

My school uses this software to keep track of grades, attendance, etc...

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

I like that this software holds all of the information I need for my students like IEP information, grades, seating charts, and addresses.

Cons

I do not like that this software is only used for final grades. I have to use a different app to submit all grades for my students. Then i have to transfer those final grades in progress book.

Sojourner O.

Frontline Could Be Better

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

My overall experience is mixed. As a teacher who is constantly being asked to complete an array of task online, I need the software to be accommodating. On some occasions, it took far too much time to complete a simple task.

Pros

Frontline makes easy to upload artifacts for evidence.

Cons

Too many links. It is hard to decipher where the user is supposed to click

Matthew H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Wonderful Education Solution

Reviewed on 21/04/2019

My overall experience has been incredibly positive. I think it is the best option out there for managing caseloads for school districts and for writing educational documents.

Pros

I use ProgressBook daily. I think it is a wonderful software. For many districts, the public banks for information is awesome. We are able to share a lot of information and make our reports uniform between teachers, therapists, and school psychs. The personal banks are also a great feature. It is awesome that you can code for pronouns him/her to make writing documents more efficient. It is also very easy to pull information from past IEPs, ETRs, and progress reports into existing documents.

Cons

The text formatting features can be a little clunky at times. I wish it also had an autosave function. I try to make a habit to save frequently, but sometimes I forget and have lost my information.

Rebecca S.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great for a Paretn

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

I like the convenience of it and being able to check on students grades and have all of their school documents all online.

Pros

Great for a parent to be able to check in on your students work and grades right from your device. Allows you to log in as a parent and see exactly what your student has for grades and might be missing. Very helpful in that regard.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult or glitchy but that could be my phone. Nothing bad so far but have only been using it for a little.

Kelsey E.

This is a place to track and post student grades, data, schedules and etc.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Pros

It is very easy to post grades for parents to access and for me to access student information like parent phone numbers.

Cons

There are some reports that can be run but the type of reports that I would like (list of students with below a C) are not part of them.

Mary M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Overall, I like using this software and think it is a great way to keep everything in one place.

Pros

Frontline is a great way to manage my absences and my professional developments through my school.

Cons

This software is sometimes hard to use when scheduling my professional developments. The buttons are kind of confusing to navigate.

Bella W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A great concept, but not very reliable

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

It's a good idea, but the execution is poor. If the problems mentioned were fixed, I would definitely recommend this site to parents of students.

Pros

ProgressBook is a school-issued account for parents to check current grades at any time, which is an excellent idea, and when it works properly, can be a great time saver.

Cons

The program often glitches and the "Activities" function will freeze or start the student over. Problems with passwords and usernames happen often too, and the whole site will crash occasionally.

Joel thomas B.

Progressbook - Good, but not great

Reviewed on 10/03/2019

I have been using progressbook as a grading, parent/student contact, and record keeping log for three years in two different school environments.

Pros

I love that progressbook allows you to set up grade access for multiple accounts, so I can share my classroom with other teachers or service providers and adjust their ability to input, change, or simply view grades.
You can weight/change the value of specific items or even whole categories of grades very easily
I also like that i can title and shift the classes around to be what I like to have.

Cons

I can't "hide students" if they have withdrawn, someone else within my building has to do that for me.
I have to manually click "save grades" every time, there is shortcut or "auto save" feature
The import/export .xls function is extremely clunky and rarely inputs cleanly unless the names are the exact same (down to individual capitalized letters)
If two people are working in the same gradebook at the sametime they will over-ride each others grades - should be saved in the cloud

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Terrific tool for keeping parents informed

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Overall I am very happy with the tool and the visibility it gives me into my student's progress.

Pros

I am a parent user of the software and have found it to be invaluable when it comes to staying informed and up-to-date on my child's assignments and progress in class. Having the ability to monitor grades and progress allows us to be proactive in making sure that we can provide focus on areas that need it.

Cons

As a parent user, I really have no complaints because the data that I need is readily accessible and presented in a well-ordered format.

Candace O.

ProgressBook is a wonderful tool for teachers, parents, and students alike.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

I am able to see all my grades at a glance!

Pros

ProgressBook offers students like myself a sense of comfort and security, as I can easily see up-to-the-minute what my grades are. I also love how I can see the breakdown of my assignments and what grade I received for each assignment.

Cons

I wish ProgressBook showed how many points earned out of how many points total for the grading period. Of course, it shows the percent and the letter grade in the course, but showcasing the point totals would make it easier for students to see what they need to get on the next assignment in order to raise or maintain their grade.