Papaya Global

4/5
4.2/5
4.8/5

Patrick

A comprehensive, scalable and user-friendly platform

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Our overall experience has been very positive and Papaya is a platform we regularly recommend to other HR teams.

Pros

The platform itself makes it very easy to administer payroll changes across our global workforce and have full visibility of this. It has cut down on payroll administration and was also a substantial cost reduction in administering EOR services compared to previous vendors. The customer support team is friendly, quick to respond and communicate progress well particularly during onboarding stages.

Cons

Only a minor point but as we expand into more regions the separate invoicing process will become more of an administrative burden and we'd love to explore ways to consolidate this as much as possible.

Sara
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Pros

Unifies and simplifies monthly processes. Integrates with other information systems

Cons

Platform is not self service enough. BI tool must improve

ADP Streamline

Reasons for Switching to Papaya Global

Innovative platform Better price
Kenneth
  • Industry: Music

Papaya's platform and service does not match its mission statement.

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

My experience can be summed up with two words; "extreme disappointment". We have bene using the system since around May of 2021 for one country with 15-25 employees. The first three payrolls were a mess, where employees did not receive payment in time, exposing my company to liability. Further, payments required by law to social security, etc., were also mishandled for about 2 months. I honestly do not understand how Papaya can service a multinational like Microsoft, with probably thousands of employees all over the world, when they cannot handle 15-25 employees in one country. The worst part, is that the contract asks for a 12 month notice if you wish to end the business relationship. I strongly encourage all potential customers to read the small print so you do not become a hostage to such a strict condition.

Pros

I am not sure there is any feature I "like the most".

Cons

I find many aspects cumbersome. It is often confusing to navigate through the website and many times not all information fits in the screen. I have to scroll forever to get all info/data, even if there is more than enough space in my screen for all data to show. Sometimes, I cannot even get tot he last record, unless I select "50" records to show at a time. I often also see data overlapping on top each other, further increasing the frustrations of using the system. When I click on a "project" (a specific country location), if I go from one payroll tab to another, the system automatically assumes I am now in the "project" that is first in alphabetical order. I am also unable log in with a saved link or bookmark in my browser. I always have to go back to my original email and click on the sign on button in the email. The user experience overall is not a good one.

Michiko
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Overall satisfied, but not perfectly satisfied

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Papaya Global is awesome overall. It's expensive though. The management fee is sometimes as high as one person's salary. But representatives are responsive.

Pros

The platform is very straightforward. And Papaya is always optimizing the system.

Cons

(1) Expense folder - I sometimes want to delete the items I uploaded, but this feature is not available. I made a request to grant the authority a while ago, but it's not there yet. (2) System error recovery is slow. When there is an issue and I report it by providing all the screenshots and explanations, it still takes a long time to fix the problem. (3) It's just really painful when I check invoices since I go over each item, and there is usually a mistake the employer or Papaya made. So I really have to carefully check each invoice, which is a lot of work.

Cyndi
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Papaya global

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

Great experience so far.

Pros

Nothing to manage on the user side of this software - Papaya does it for you
GDPR compliant
The reports are easy to use and save me hours of work compared to our old system.

Cons

If you have a Change of entity in a country. The old branch and new entity have separate files. So historical information is in a different file/area.

Shani
  • Industry: Research

Managing a Global Workforce

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Pros

Papaya helped us take control of our global workforce. Keeping track of workers from five different countries, all with different pay slips, different pay days, and different compliance demands was pushing us over the edge. We needed an automation solution to reduce the manual load. We found it at Papaya Global.
Working with Papaya has completely turned our company around. Instead of five different sets of data, we get it all in one place. We know exactly what it costs to hire a worker in each country. We know what benefits we can offer to attract the best talent available, and thanks to Papaya’s guidelines, we know the specific needs of workers all over the world.
Papaya has taken the guesswork out of our global hiring strategy. We can plan our spending down to the last cent with all the information we get. Before we felt like we were falling behind as companies became more global. Now we feel like we’re riding the crest of the wave.

Cons

There was nothing that I have encountered that I did not like.

David

Great solution for global workforce managment

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Great experience, the team is very knowledgable, have a great implementation process that made it very easy to switch from other solutions, it seems they were developing this with lots of industry knowledge and experience

Pros

Replacing all suppliers , invoices and excels sheets in one platform, having great visibility to our total workforce costs, increasing my remote team satisfaction, great BI tools and real time reporting, all exported easily to excel, allowing us to track every cent

Cons

the UI experience can be improved in some of the stages

Michelle

Great customer support and

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Pros

Making updates and downloading files is really easy and clear.

Cons

I wish the invoices were sent to us automatically instead of having to download them every month. Occasionally things are a little off or difficult to find within the platform itself. For example, having to scroll really far to the right to see things. Customer support is good about helping us though.

Nira

A Workforce Solution that Works

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

We were trying move our country into new markets abroad.

Pros

When we were looking for a PEO to help us hire workers in Asia, we wanted more than legal compliance. We wanted advisors on the ground in all our foreign markets. That’s why we chose Papaya Global. They gave us more than a technical solution to a workforce problem. They connected us to local experts who help guide us.

The success of our company depends on the quality and loyalty of our workers. We need a PEO that cares about our workers as much we do. After careful consideration, Papaya was the obvious choice.

Cons

As a startup, the growing pains showed sometimes. There were minor delays in communication.

Magali
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

HR ops review

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

great experience up to now. customer service is reactive, always available quick to bring answers and alwas propose options.

Pros

it is simple easy to use, even without a training it's intuitive

Cons

Am not sure it is possible to approve and change your mind to cancel your previous approval

Talia

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Pros

Organized, good notifications, looks good

Cons

The reports (invoices) are not organized well.
There is no report for the balance of PTOs days for employees
or report that alert for *new* invoices

Tali
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Silverfort - Happy customer

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Great

Pros

Firstly I love the customer service and how quickly they respond. I also love the ease of the platform.

Cons

the uploading of documents. - maybe I'm just not sure how to do it. But I cannot create a folder per employee and once I have uploaded files, if I need to go back and upload additional files, I cannot.