Proclaim by Logos Reviews

Proclaim by Logos

Church presentation solution for small to large churches

Justin
Justin

Very simple and useful

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Simple and elegant media presentations for church services that multiple contributors could work on from various places throughout the week instead of coming to the church to create them.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with other contributors throughout the week from different places (cloud based) is probably my favorite feature.

Cons

Being cloud-based means items added to the presentation have to sync and need a good internet connection. Occasionally, we've had trouble with syncing because of server problems on their end or because of internet connectivity on our end. We've always been able to work out what we needed before presenting, but sometimes it's been close or we've had to re-do our work because it didn't sync. They usually work out those kinks quickly (they've never been repeated two consecutive days).

Brent

almost "sliced bread"-worthy...

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

When I migrated from Powerpoint to a display software (EasyWorship), there was a learning curve that was a challenge to overcome for training other people to use and set up components of the service. We ended up only using it for song-words, PW part of the service, and swapping back to PPT for the message. With Proclaim these challenges were alleviated. and even streamlined with little extra training. pre and post loop are created by someone. Our service-presentation templates allow then for the MOM to set up the PW and hymns, and I can do the message work. And all at the same time, if needed.

Pros

There are many features and functions that I like most. however, if I had to pick one thing, it would be the ability to digitally record the audio with the slides as a "movie/show."

Cons

over the last couple of years, I have had a bug crop up that comes and goes, and I have not been able to make a root cause analysis, other than to say that nothing else on my system is affected when the symptom happens. The symptom is that a vide slide will not play/launch intermittently. that vide will play in a video app, and nothing else seems to be affected. so that's the thing I like least, is that this intermittent issue causes a lot of frustration.

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

I didn't switch until the recording feature was available. So, it was that feature that allowed me to justify making the change from a stand-alone application that we own to a subscription-based system. It was a very difficult hurdle since we almost never needed any support for the product, it was extremely difficult to justify the monthly/annual expense.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

TRAINING availability, support, record audio with the slides.
Patrick

Decent presentation software platform

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Proclaim is a cloud based SAAS for churches looking to present songs, slides, videos, and more. Part of the FaithLife family of products, Proclaim offers integrations with a number of the other FaithLife products for advanced features. Proclaim will push Bible verse or screen cues to congregants using the FaithLife Logos Bible app. We have found this feature to be clever, but not terribly useful, as most people use the LifeChurch Bible app at our location.

There are a number of quirks in the Proclaim software... it will overwrite songs if you press enter to early when loading a song. Cloud based is great, but the presentation will sometimes lag if the connection to their servers are not strong. Presentation options are limited.

Basically, if you are looking to use it outside of their *exact* intention, your user experience may suffer. However, if you are comfortable in the box that they provide, you will be rewarded with some great presentation software.

Pros

Simple, easy to use presentation software. Interface is great for volunteers to help use.

Cons

Connections to the presentation can be slow, causing slide transitions to happen with a significant lag. Limited display options. Inability to insert new slides within a song. Bugs and quirks abound.

Ryan
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product at a great price!

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Overall, my church and I have been very pleased! Customer service has been excellent, and the product itself runs great.

Pros

The software offers several intuitive features that are excellent for small to medium churches. Many of these offerings, if priced individually, would be hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Additionally, the level of automation and integration makes the creation of new presentations a breeze. The included media and graphics also help to make a nice looking presentation.

Cons

While cloud syncing is excellent for all of my team members being able to contribute their individual parts of the presentation, it does struggle if the internet connection is not great. I wish there was an added option for a church to switch to offline so that internet connection speeds had less of an effect. This has caught us a few times with moving backgrounds and pre-service countdowns when our connection speeds were slow.

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

The previous software did not have enough options for our needs and tended to nickel and dime us to add those options.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Price and integration with other products offered by Faithlife
William
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I am REALLY excited about this software, just WOW, however...

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I got super excited about this software. It has made me realize the potential for easily increasing productivity, quality, and integration. However, as I mentioned in the cons, it is a bit of a letdown when several of the key features don't work quite as advertised. This being said, there is a lot in this software and if the Proclaim team will keep working to improve, I will be using the software for as long as I can imagine.

Pros

Makes adding songs, references, and sermon slides crazy efficient by integrating lyrics, clouds, backgrounds, calendars, collaboration, all under one intuitive software. Plus, it allows you to take presentations to the next level with a confidence monitor for the band, and interactive features such as questions that can be answered on your phone and more.

Cons

Many of the features I got really excited have in practice been a let down. For example, adding chords to the confidence monitor is a big deal! But, the 'key change' feature just doesn't seem to work. Another let down was the remote app. For one, you can't download it to windows devices (like surface) AND if you try to use it to write on verses the verses are blurred on the remote when using the 'real bible' feature.

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

Worship extreme was limited and not intuitive. PowerPoint is very inefficient.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Honestly, I checked out Proclaim and didnt really look at any others
James

Growing with the times

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

This has been a time saver for me and allows me to spend more time in other areas of ministry too.

Pros

Proclaim since we launched it continues to grow with the times. It has made our media presence known more and that was especially helpful during Covid-19. The importation process is easy (for I write in Sermon Editor). I love that other team members can work within Proclaim even at the same time and everything will be in sync.

Cons

I wish there were additional options for graphics on the slides, more PowerPoint type of options. I know I can transfer PowerPoints in, but would rather have everything in one place.

Rob

Very versatile worship software

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

When Covid hit, we had no experience having our worship service online. We'd used another worship software for a long time, but Faithlife Proclaim made it much easier for us to transition to offering worship in person and through our livestream and integrate media throughout.

Pros

As a small church with a limited technological setup and expertise, Faithlife Proclaim has been a wonderful tool - especially as part of the overall Faithlife Equip digital platform (which is where it really becomes useful). There was definitely a learning curve when we first started working with it, but now it's fairly simple to set up our worship media each week. My favorite aspect of the program is how it connects with the rest of Faithlife Equip - sermon audios are automatically generated and published to our website, slides are easy to construct from events on the calendar, etc.

Cons

We had a few glitches early on, especially with the sermon recording - not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be fixed now and we haven't had any problems with it in months. The only other issue I have with this software is that there are a few types of slides that are not as customizable as I'd like them to be.

Joel

pricey but powerful

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Team management has made this program extremely beneficial. Unlimited downloads allows each team member to download on their own device to add their content.

Pros

Proclaim integrates with other Faithlife applications like Logos, Sites, and Groups

Cons

I have had issues with importing powerpoint presentations, especially when on a Mac device.

MediaShout, ProPresenter and EasyWorship

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

Switched from just using Powerpoint. Also tried Mediashout and Easy Worship. Integration capabilities played a large part, but also found it more powerful yet intuitive for videos, lyrics, backgrounds, etc.

See above comment.
Sam

Fantastic Presentation Software

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

We have really appreciated being able to use the Proclaim software for preparing visual elements to include in our times of worship.
This is so much more than a lyric display software. The resources that Faithlife has already prepared and the tools that they give you to customize those images allows you to do all of your work from within the one piece of software if you are willing to learn to work within that framework.

Cons

Some things have been a bit difficult for people to figure out because it wasn't intuitive to how they thought. After watching the videos people have figured out how things work within the software and everyone has been able to make good use of it with minimal training. The training videos have been very helpful with that.

Enoc

Great Software for Any Church

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

I love the ease of use. Our Church got up and running with the software almost immediately. Our church was using Powerpoint as our lyric slides. This has been such a huge help. The graphics, backgrounds, videos are all amazing.

Cons

I cannot really find a con for this product as it has been nothing but good for our Church.

Upgrade

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Love how anyone can work on the slides from there own homes and work as a team while communicating in the software.
Trey

Proclaim: A Great Cloud-Based Presentation Solution

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

They have been very pleasantly work with and responsive.

They have been very pleasantly work with and responsive.

Pros

The ability to install this software in minutes on an unlimited number of Macs or PCs is invaluable. Even more so, is the ability to work on a presentation with multiple team members simultaneously from remote locations. Cloud syncing is a huge plus of this software. The user interface is straightforward and intuitive; so much so that you actually feel inclined to use the software and be creative while doing so. The ability to edit a slide real time while not going “off air” is great.

Cons

It does lack some of the customizability that more complex software, like ProPresenter, provides. It would be nice to send true transparencies out instead of needing to key a background color out (having more background color choices for keying would also be great). Sometimes the presentations can be a little laggy when scrolling, but this is by no means a show stopper.

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

We needed a cloud based solution that was affordable and effective.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Affordable, supports Mac and PC, unlimited installs, clean/modern UI, and is cloud based
Lee

Proclaim

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Preparation for gatherings now so much easier and collaborative.

Preparation for gatherings now so much easier and collaborative.

Pros

Love the functionality and ease in which Proclaim software makes our Worship Presentations. The quality of visual templates is amazing. The help and support available when needed is second to none. We have a number of people contributing on any given worship gathering so Proclaim gives us a great collaborative tool.

Cons

Although there are ways around importing PowerPoint slides, a few more transitional slide features.

Nate

Great Small Church Solution

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

This solution helped us get ready to go online with our services and was easy to implement.

Pros

The ability to work remotely from multiple devices and have it sync to the main computer used for presenting. Ease of developing high quality slides.

Cons

Not being able to fully tailor a single presentation for different screens (in house vs online/virtual).

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

Easier to format slides. Ability to add other controls.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Cost and ability to work remotely and have things sync to the presentation machine.
Kasey
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Proclaim software is easy to use and produces great programs

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

We are very happy with proclaim. It is so easy to use, we now use Proclaim for other classes and services during the week, like Children's Church. We would highly recommend this product to anyone,

Pros

Proclaim Presentation software is great for a church looking for easy to use software that looks great. We have been able to quickly train volunteers to use proclaim. Staff and volunteers are able to work on programs at home and have them ready to go on the church computer on Sunday morning. This is a great resource and keeps volunteers from having to make special trips up to the church building.

Cons

While we love that proclaim is web based, we had a few Sundays with internet issues. This has affected being able to use proclaim.

Eric

Professional presentation

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Overall the program is wonderful and really changed the ease of running our worship service. We could not do everything on Sunday without Proclaim.

Pros

I like how professional everything looks. Being a small church we could never produce the slides that we use. The slides help to present the message with appeal while also highlighting important themes.

Cons

I have not come across anything I absolutely could not do without but it would be nice to be able to integrate websites and have access to control them. I have wanted to play a video for a website but could not because once the website is added I could not press play.

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

The integration of everything in a single platform.
Dave

A great presentation program

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Proclaim has been better for the flow of worship services, and my tech does a great job using it to make our Sunday worship services flow. With a cue added, the sermon is recorded automatically with a local file and easy to publish online.

Pros

There is a huge still-image media collection available, and there is a lot of opportunity to edit slides and create new or edited slides. Shorter video files can be added in easily, and importing music files and lyrics for use later also works well.

Cons

Sermon editing is not as flexible as in PowerPoint. Text effects and multiple items per slide are much more limited, if using more visual elements instead of simple outline is important to you. PowerPoint can be imported, but runs less efficiency.

Michelle
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

So Glad We MAde The Change!

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

We are very, very pleased and grateful to have found this solution.

We are very, very pleased and grateful to have found this solution.

Pros

We had used a Church Presentation product before that was glitchy and non-intuitive. We recently made the switch to Proclaim fro Faithlife and could not be more pleased. The learning process was simple. As a volunteer Worship Arts leader, using this software has reduced my time commitment considerably each week.

Cons

Getting the hang of creating or customizing the Smart Media was a little challenging, but worth the learning curve certainly.

Reasons for Choosing Proclaim by Logos

IT was convoluted, poorly supported, and failed to work properly on many occasions.

MediaShout

Reasons for Switching to Proclaim by Logos

Cost was certainly considered.
John Marc

Proclaim for Church

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Overall we love using Proclaim. The ability to have everything cloud based and to add all of our volunteers to our team without any extra cost is great! Our volunteers are able to create slides at home and they sync directly to our church computers without any problem. We love Proclaim!

Pros

We love using Proclaim at our church. We use it for all of our presentation needs. We use it for our sonf service, as well as our preaching times. The integrations with CCLI makes creating song slides easy while the integration with Logos Bible software makes exporting slides over extremely easy. It's also great that if our preacher uses Logos software, they can control the slides directly from their message document.

Cons

The editing of slides and content is a little hard to use and doesn't always work the way that you want it to. Their custom slide layouts have never really been of much use to us and their content library is not the best unless you want to pay for the partnerships that they have with other media producers.

Josh

Helping Church Share the Gospel

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

The integration with CCLI has been a huge help in song lyric look up and licensing needs.

Pros

This software is easy to use and maintain. Once you have a template in place, we simply replicate the template and tweak each week swapping out songs and sermons. The ability for multiple team members to edit is a big plus as we use a team to contribute weekly.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the timing of upgrades...there have been times it decides it needs to update on Sunday morning. Which for a church is the worst time possible. So if they could enable some way to prevent updates on Sunday that would be great!

Planning Center

Features and price
Myke

Couldnt imagine doing church without Proclaim!

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Been using this product since it came out, and I can honestly say I couldnt imagine being a church leader without it!

Pros

Very professional looking graphics. Easy to operate and build a presentation. Works great for preaching and teachings - you can build your slides for your message in 15 minutes or less. You can also record your messages. Faithlife offers unlimited storage, so no worries. there.

Cons

I wish the graphics had more editable layers. Some elements of the graphics can't be edited, which can be a disappointment at times.

Mike

No Brainer from PPT

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Pros

The cloud based Presentations and Media accessible to all users is AWESOME!

Cons

It's pretty feature rich, however, it seems to in some areas (font manipulation specifically from our experience) it tends to lock users in a box causing frustration.

• Industry: Machinery

Better and Better

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Our ministry operates smoothly because of this software. The accessibility from the cloud makes it easy for us to collaborate and get the service in order before we get there on Sunday morning.

Pros

I really like how much the software team is updating the product every release. The software itself is much better than many alternatives in this space. I really like how it saves the edits you've made to certain song lyrics and allows you to reuse old slides just with a quick search.

Cons

It would be great to have a master template for the look / feel / design of the slides and then build off from it. For now we just named one of the days "Master..." and if you need to pull a song or a sermon slide you just search for that and reuse it. The sermon slides are cumbersome but when you get to know how it works it's not too bad. They finally allowed for lists of words to appear like PowerPoint presentations show them (one line at a time) and that was my biggest beef before. There's still a learning curve.

Nick

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Highly positive. I will continue doing business with this company.

Highly positive. I will continue doing business with this company.

Pros

I have used several worship software titles (EasyWorship, MediaShout, ProPresenter and several free titles) and this is by far the fastest and most user-friendly. It is easy to set up, a cinche to maintain, and does what it is intended to do reliably.

Cons

Preset screen ratios that are not adjustable. This limits capabilities to some extent.

Kevin

Hard to Change, But the Added Features Are Worth It

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Proclaim became the center of our worship service. Via Proclaim we projected announcements, Scripture, song lyrics, and sermon slides all in one package, and afterwards Proclaim would automatically upload the sermon slides and audio to our website (and as a podcast). It has made life so much easier for us as a small church.

Pros

We like that Proclaim has a large number of features that are integrated into the application: Importing Bible text, importing song lyrics (even more if one has a CCLI license), and automated recording and uploading of sermons / podcasts to the church website (if one has a Faithlife Site, which we do). Collaboration was a big deal for us too, as our song leader could edit his music lyrics from home while I edited my sermon outline slides. Amazing.

Cons

The hardest part of Proclaim for us was how it was so unlike PowerPoint, which is what we used before. Proclaim does not have the complex design capabilities. Proclaim focuses really on one idea per screen, instead of multiple bullet points. One one learns to work around and through the clunkiness, it actually becomes second nature to use.

David

Force Updates during Live Use ... (VERY BAD THING TO DO)

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Nice (except for the constant forced updates). When it goes bad -- very bad!

Nice (except for the constant forced updates). When it goes bad -- very bad!

Pros

It easily takes all of the imports from the Logos Sermon Builder platform or from Microsoft Power Point.

Cons

The inability to control the timing of updates is a VERY BAD thing. Streaming integration - absolutely necessary for this day and age, is getting worse, not better. Very, very slow at responding to product changes from the user community at large.