Moqups

Visual collaboration platform for designers and developers

4.1/5

Paco S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great for non designers

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Overall my experience has been good. I don't design with it personally, but i'm happy that other non designers use it.

Pros

I don't actually use this software in that I don't design with it myself. I am a designer and use other things for that. The thing I DO like about it though is that Project managers I work with that are NOT designers can easily use it to convey their ideas easily to me.

Cons

It is pretty basic in it's functionality and therefor can't get super detailed about things. But it gets the job done.

Luisana S.

Graphic proposals for the clients.

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

Thanks to this tool I have been able to improve the presentations and tenders that have with the clients and they can see something quite graphical that helps them to understand what will be done in their project.

Pros

What I like most about this tool is that it allows us to make a graphic proposal to our clients about the distribution of the elements in their web site or system. This allows them to have a more realistic idea of what your project will look like before you start it. I really like that it is easy to use, so anyone can learn fast and rely on all the options provided by the tool.

Cons

I believe that the tool could be implemented offline and that it could also have interaction with the client, so that changes can be made directly indicating the design. It would be great that for the next updates or upgrades they could do this.

Wireframing and moqups with great collaboration features

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Pros

Realtime collaboration, a rich stencil selection. I really like the snap-on-system to align elements in the mockup (not based on a fixed grid, but relative to other elements). Nice customizing of elements to make the mockup look presentable to a greater audience.

Cons

Version 1 did come with icon sets on buttons and I can no longer find them in the current version. They were super handy to breathe meaning into the buttons.

Response from Evercoder Software

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. We should bring the ability to select icons back indeed ? it was a great productivity feature.

We'd like to hear more about how can we make Moqups better for you so please to reach out to [email protected] and share your thoughts with us. Depending on your availability we can also schedule a call if that works better.

Ruth C.

Great for creating wireframes to send to designers

Reviewed on 26/05/2017

Easy to create wireframes that you can easily share with a developer or designer to work on. Wide range of icons and formatting options available.

Pros

Easy to use and a whole heap of library icons make it easy to recreate a wireframe that can be sent to a developer or designer. I just used Moqups to map out the whole new UX of an app. It's easy to manage pages and share work once you're done. An added bonus is that it also integrates with other platforms such as Jira really easily.

It's also easy to format in the way you want - changing font / colours etc.

Cons

Can be quite hard to navigate when you first use e.g. it can be hard to search and find a specific icon you want - or work out how to change the page size.

Great for flowcharts

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Good

Pros

It's a great tool for making flowcharts. Integrates with Confluence.

Cons

Team management could be better so that multiple users could handle subscriptions.

Amelia R.

One of the Best Wireframing Tools on the Market

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

As a web designer, I've had to work with a user experience team to create and read site wireframes. Moqups is extremely easy to use and provides an end result that is professional and able to be understood by co-workers of all backgrounds. I'd recommend this software to UI/UX teams that are ready to showcase their ideas!

Bradley H.

East tools for creating website wireframe and mockups

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

I use Moqups all the time when I need to do a quick wireframe or mock up of a site for a client. The mobile mockups are especially useful for me.

Cons

At first is was hard to get a hold of, but I eventually figured it out, also cost more than I would like

Marc G.

Simple and lightning fast wireframing

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I've tried other wireframing tools and some of them have a nicer finished aesthetic when comparing it to Moqups. But I'm so used to working with Moqups that I tend to always go back to it when I want to do something rapid wire framing on the fly. For me, it's critical that wireframing tools don't slow down the process of discovering solutions. Instead they should help you identify issues and improvements so that you can go and test them out.

Pros

It's easy to use with everything you need to start building low resolution wireframes. You can even create hotspots to make a low-fi prototype that you can share internally or directly with end users. You can upload your only elements/images that can be used between projects and you can also create templates to get stuff going even more quickly. The new table feature is much better and allows more flexibility than the legacy table.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the diagram/flow elements as they are a little awkward to use. Whenever I need to work on user flows I tend to use another app that is faster to work with. The hotspots are limited, so you can't easily make fully interactive prototypes. The small window that lists the pages you are working on can be a pain as the page names get truncated, making it hard to easily identify which one you want to jump to.

Whimsical

Reasons for Switching to Moqups

Whimsical also has some wireframing features however it's not a dedicated wireframing tool. This means it misses out some key features that makes moqups more versatile. Whimsical is especially great for user flows though
  • Industry: Research
  • Used for 2+ years

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

The software is fine. We used it a couple years ago for wireframing. We now use an offering from one of their competitors.

What's not fine is their customer service. We hadn't used this software in over a year and received an invoice for an automatic renewal. No "upcoming renewal" notification was ever received, and when we immediately responded to the invoice asking them to refund the annual subscription fee, their customer service lead refused. After 10 or so back and forth messages I finally gave up and wanted to share my experience here. This company would rather pocket the one-time fee from a paying customer who no longer wants their services and poison that working relationship than do what's right by their customers. Things must not be going so great at Moqups for them to take this very short-sighted approach.

Pros

We used it for wireframing and that's about it.

Cons

That the customer service was really terrible.

Jean francois P.

Good product but other options on the market

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

-Easy to use and really user friendly
-Performing web editor

Cons

-Could be expensive
-Don't have a standalone version
-Only monthly package

Larz D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Nice tool for Wireframes

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Good for sketching software screens.

Pros

I like that Moqups is straight forward to use. The interface is friendly and you can find the things you need quite easily. The drag and drop feature will have you creating a prototype design in no time. Great tool.

Cons

There could have been more design options and also it operates in a very competitive space where there are a number of tools of similar nature.

María de lourdes P.

iTS A VERY VERY EASY WAY TO MAKE GREAT PROTYPES AND WIRE FRAMING FOR YOUR PROJECT

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

My team can make more benefits in the first stage of design whit thiese wireframes...

Pros

The simple way that you can build your own wireframe by making drag and drop.

The feature that you can upload your own pictures.

The many shapes that it have pre-build inn for your use.

The awsome way to export as a .png and pdf your work.

Cons

That IT DOESNT HAVE AND OFFLINE VERSION, it should have...

Another thing i would like to have its the option to do prototyping in real time like "marvel app".

Cintya M.

Intuitive and fantastic

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

It has been fantastic, as I said before, the software is so amazing and easy to use. To be sincere I do not find any con to express!

Pros

I love how easy to use is this software. Definitely with this tool I produce better visual work for my clients and it shows that the software is so capable of helping me when I need it the most.

Cons

I really do not have any cons to say about the software, obviously the free trial is not as amazing as the paid version, but it is something to always consider whenever someone wants to use it.

Small Business must have for Web design wireframes and mockups

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Used Moqups for wireframe design and mockups. Loved how easy it was to use and it shortened the time from idea to actual, since everyone could see the idea and it could be tweaked so easily.

Pros

Very, very affordable! Easy to use, especially for non developers. Used this to work on our wireframes during design ideas and into development. Highly recommended.

Cons

There used to be free version, very basic but extremely useful. Helped us start with something we had no idea how to use and move into a paid version. Wish the free version was still available. Even with that said, the price for entry level is still affordable.

Santiago N.

Its a tool that i have to be a "must" on every team that works on web development and mobile...

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

-The easy way you can create from 0 your moqups.
- Drag and drop use mode rules!
- The many templates you can use for your design.
- The upload foto featured its great and very usefull.
- The canva space you can customize at your preference.

Cons

The "advance mode" its quite complicated to use compare to light versión, it has many more options but the way to use its a litle diferent from the first light version.

useful tool for building wireframes and app flows

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Pros

Moqups is very intuitive and easy to use, and most importantly it's easy to share your designs with team members. This is important to us so that we can share concepts with the development team. Also, compared to some competitors, Moqups is very reasonably priced.

Cons

While it is great for wireframing and conceptualizing an app, it doesn't have the strongest features in terms of actual prototyping and the styling components aren't as customizable as some other full-fledged prototyping apps.

Decebal B.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I use Moqups for more than a year now. I used an open source software before but since I start use Moqups I stopped looking for a similar product because it does everything I expect to do and even more. We are a small team and don't use it every day so wished to be able to choose a lower subscription plan, a limited one, to offer the possibility to export as .pdf and .png the wireframes we make but beside this they are amazing.

Pros

Lots of features and great support.

Cons

You are not able to export files if you use the demo version.

Todd N.

Free mockup tool - What's not to like!!

Reviewed on 03/10/2016

I've been using this product for about 2 months now and I've found it to be very useful. We were able to use it instead of paper sketches for our initial discussions and then make additional functional ideas before approving the developers to get involved and begin coding. Interactivity and color palettes made this much easier than anything we had used previously.

Pros

Ease of use, great template tools, so much better than having developers involved for concepts!

Mariela Q.

We love it

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

I test-drove other options and decided upon Moqups basically because of its smooth and user friendly environment.

Pros

Easy to use, beautiful user interphase, can be used very intuitively by anyone -- even someone with basic design skills.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of really. The only thing that I have not been able to fully appreciate is the Trello integration and to customize it in order to make my life even easier :)

MockFlow and Balsamiq

Reasons for Switching to Moqups

Compared the features, price and support + integrations and realized Moqups was the best for our team's needs.

Great mockup / wireframes tool for people with ambitions as designers

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

I love it, but since I don't use it every day or every month, I always find it hard to sign up for a paying account :-/

Pros

Moqups is really easy to use (and setup, especially by adding it to Google Drive). You can easily create product and web page wireframes and share and collaborate with colleagues.

Cons

Other tools also offer the option to create interactions (e.g. click a button and go to another screen) which can be useful

Janelle D.

Great for Website Design

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Overall Moqups has saved me a lot of time designing pages and coordinating with my overseas designer. It has allowed me to stretch my creativity and come up with some great designs. Even the overseas designer says I show great talent for page design and it's all thanks to Moqups being a great piece of software.

Pros

I like using Moqups because I can outline a web page and present it to my designer (overseas) in a professional manner. I like being able to use a variety of icons and page elements as well as import my own images.

Cons

When I first started using Moqups, there was a bit of a learning curve but eventually I figured out how to use the components. I wish it recognized a section, with a group of images/text/icons, and automatically asked if I want to group them. It's a pain to individually select every element in a section to group it, but I do it because sometimes we need to rearrange section of the page.

Namwenda M.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 6-12 months

Review of Moqups

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

My overall experience with this software was excellent.

Pros

This software has made it easier for me to write my project management reports by allowing me to customize and design my own flowcharts and diagrams.

Cons

The connectors are not very easy to use when drawing a flow chart.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for Free Trial

Moqups

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

For a more advanced company It does ok they charge $8.00 a month and up.I tried more projects but I was limited to only two.upgrade if you can and enjoy the benefits

Pros

it was good software,and easy to operate

Cons

They limit you to two project upgrade it

Arnaud D.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Super easy to use

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Pros

This software is super straight forward and easy to use. I am not a UX designer, I just need to show my ideas sometimes and this tool helps a lot

Cons

I have no cons to express for this sofware except the fact that the free trial could allow more than one design

Yahani D.
  • Used for 2+ years

Moqups Review

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

We create our web and mobile application wire frames and mock ups through moqups. The data is secured. We can share our work with the team and of course this is a plus point in free plan as download option is for upgrades.

Pros

The templates were an easy shot when making processes for apps. There are so much stencils to use in the free pack. you can create a competitive mock up using the free tool. We can share the final result with our team or who ever have the shared link. This is a great feature. You can add multiple pages for the various screens of your app or what ever the purpose is. Also we can create some templates and can use those in later projects as a base.

Cons

You have to upgrade the free plan to a paid one to download the final mock up. And also to add more objects like diagrams also we need to upgrade the plan. When the object quota is finished we have to move to the paid plan. Its frustrating for a first time user.