Figma

Collaborative platform for UI designing and prototyping

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.4/5
4.4/5

346 Software options

Tony T.

Lightweight and affordable solution for UI/UX Design

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

Figma has provided me a great experience when working with it alone or along side with my team. It is my organization solution for UI and UX design and so far, I'm glad that the software is very easy to use and also affordable.

Pros

I like the fact that this software is available on both online and offline form. It helps me get my job done smoothly whether there is a internet access point or not. The software itself is very lightweight yet has bundled with powerful tools for UI and UX design.

Cons

The software compatibility could use a little improvement, also for the internet environment. When I'm working online with a slow wireless connection, bugs and crash might happen so it is really important to check the speed of connection if you want to work online with it.

Adobe XD

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Because Figma has more powerful tools and also very easy to learn and use.
Jakub H.

Extremely flexible Sketch alternative

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

I am amazed by Figmas progress and ease of use. The auto-layout feature is ultra-fast in comparison to Sketch and even much more flexible. This paired together with an extensive API makes Figma a great tool for rapid building MVPs and generating sites (and even apps) directly from Figma.

Pros

The speed which Figma is operating is incredible and the possibility to have it working in any browser is great. The best feature at this point the the very advanced auto-layout function and the benefit of seeing fonts rendered actually in a browser - so there come no surprises later at development time.

Cons

Shortcuts and plugins are a bit of a pain. You can not remap shortcuts at this point and plugins can be installed and used, but there is no way of "hiding them" or "deactivating" when not used and the menu list gets way too long.

Adobe XD and Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Figma

We needed a collaborative tool to design without any hustle and also to be able to send designs easily for client review. Ultimately also the developer handoff is much quicker since all values can be viewed directly in Figma so there is no need for another hand-off tool.

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Priceing (and free tier) and better prototyping options.
Soledad M.

The best tool for UI Design

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

I started with Figma as a hard user last year, retaking a product designer role after a while of being Design Manager.
I preferred Figma or Sketch because the incredible feature of working online with clients and developers.
I watched all Figma official tutorial on Youtube and read the documentation and I feel able to give some advice after a year of design several products:
Designers has to read the documentation because there is a painful misused of the software in terms of poorly understanding of concepts in components and styles.
When you properly use Figma you can boost the speed of the Front-End Development.
Not recommended for, even when there are plugins for this:
Documentation.
Flows or Information Architecture.

Pros

Figma not only allows you to work online with your coworkers, also you have the possibility to add a lot of plugins and use resources offered by the community.
Also, the trial version it is very comfortable to test the tool in a way you can be sure of you are choosing the right option for you and your team.
Integrations with ZeroWheight to document your UI Kits, make of Figma the best tool in these days to work in teams of any size and develop Design Systems for your brand.

Cons

Maybe it could be a bit expensive for small companies (or freelancers in countries with less incomes like India, or here in Chile) in comparison with Adobe XD or Sketch, but the online feature made it totally worth it.
Sometimes has small usability issues and some tools are not easy to be discovered.
Also some interface changes are not warning notified and you have to figure out how the change works.

InVision App and Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Figma allows to work online with your team

Murtaza A.
  • Industry: Design

Never expected that design collaboration could be that easy.

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Pros

All in one... I moved to Figma for the purpose of design collaboration but as I kept using it I realized it have everything that I need to design a product. From website design to mobile apps I'm all in on Figma. The prototype creation is smooth and the best part above all it kept improvising and understanding all about what we designers as a user want from a design tool.

Cons

Although the prototype creation is smooth but it only allows you to have one main frame on a page. That creates problem for me when creating prototypes for micro interactions. I have to create multiple pages to have multiple prototypes. There are easier ways in terms of experience to fix it and I hope sooner Figma will improve this part too.

Sebastian S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Best Companion for designer.

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

I'm working for 2+ years with Figma. Before that, my team and I tried a lot of other programs but none of them satisfied us as much as Figma. When it comes to price, comfort, features & flexibility, Figma is by far the best.

Pros

Working together with a huge team in one project simultaneously feels just good and natural. No merging of changes is required. Everything is saved in a cloud so you can access it from everywhere. You also can work from a lot of devices since it only required a web browser.

Cons

I think the presentation mode could be improved. It already has a solid base for interactive design presentations but I wish there would be more options/possibilities in the future

Alec V.

I was opposed to Figma, but then I tried it

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Pros

Being in the industry for a decade, we were using a variety of tools for UX/UI Design. But Figma has conquered our minds with the next most impactful features: collaborativeness, ease of use (thank you components), cross-platform approach.

Cons

Managing files could be significantly improved by adding folders and tagging. Projects are not enough.

Adobe XD and Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Figma

We switched because of a cross-platform approach (no need to buy iMacs for everyone)

Lovvvvve

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Pros

Collaborating with teammates, SHARED LIBRARIES, ease in creating a design system, real time feedback, prototyping, intuitiveness, non-designers can open in browser, the list goes on and on. Honestly, I love using it and enjoy creating in it. I first tested it out to decide if I wanted to switch from another program I was using, it took about a day of using to completely be on board and start using Figma primarily.

Cons

My biggest shortcoming with Figma is that I can't access files when not online. Couple use cases: 1, I've been on flights and don't have wifi. 2, My neighborhood's power was down so no wifi at home and no wifi in the surrounding area.

Vinicius A.

My favorite tool for design today.

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

The first time I used it, I was surprised at how fluidity it accepted my commands. The editing tools have quick response, and do not consume as much memory or processing as the most popular products on the market. It is a very well optimized tool, and it has a simplified and intelligent editor.

In our team we use to design new features for our software and conduct usability testing with real users.

Pros

It's great for med/high fidelity prototypes. I can show others about the functionalities of a website or app I'm working on, including interactions and onboarding, will look like. Great for sharing with the team a product vision, or simply presenting to a customer.

In addition I can still do real time editing with colleagues in the same project, and it automatically saves everything in the cloud, figma is a marvel.

Cons

Integration with Adobe Fonts account is still a downside, I need to have the fonts installed in my pc.

InVision App
Constanza U.

Excellent app for Designers and developers

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

We use it everyday to coordinate between designers and developers the UI of the applications we develop. Sometimes designers show us different options that Figma has, because we don't really know they exist.

Pros

I can get details of css from the figma files to apply them on the css and I can zoom in and zoom out really easy and fast with the Mac Pad. Other applications are really slow for zoom.

Cons

I don't like the way you can navigate through the components of a file, it has a menu to navigate each element of the file, buttons, separators, texts, and it is really confusing and it generates a really big list. It would better to get the info of element, just by clicking the element, and on the navigation menu just show the different figma files.

Jenna H.
  • Industry: Design

The tool all designers need to use

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Highly recommend any designer to start using Figma. Never lose your work again due to a crash and access your work from anywhere!

Pros

It's cloud based so anyone can access it at anytime from anywhere. It makes collaboration very easy and also to see your revision history.

Cons

So far nothing! Our team loves Figma and we moved away from using Sketch and Adobe as this tool is more efficient for our workflow

Tamara L.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Favorite Tool to use For UI DesignU

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

It has been a positive one I got to work faster and more efficient.

Pros

I love how fast Figma is and how it allows me to finish my projects in a shorter amount of time than before. My favorite features are creating components and using styles. This has helped me to create a design system before starting to design a website. Also, the collaboration option is very useful because I can work with different members on my team at the same time.

Cons

There's really nothing bad about this tool. It offers everything I need to design my UI projects.

Rafael R.

Best UI tool

Reviewed on 15/05/2021

We use Figma for designing web-based SaaS app, it works very well, developer handoff with Figma is amazing.

Pros

Light application, multi-platform, web version, amazing collaboration features, large user base, tons of tutorials and courses.

Cons

We still don't have an Apple Silicon (M1) version, and for Brazil, dollar pricing is a bit high. Apart of that, I have no complaints.

Figma Review

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Overall it's been a great designing experience. I enjoy how flexible and how easy the software is to learn. It is beginner-friendly and I would recommend the software to anyone starting UI/UX design.

Pros

I love its collaboration feature. The fact that you can work on the same design with several others at the same time. Their recent audio chat upgrade is an admirable feature too. It makes it easy for designers to work together while expressing their ideas to each other.

Cons

The recent full-screen update is one of the features I don't like. I used to be able to switch between tabs in fullscreen mode but now I am unable to which means I hardly go into fullscreen mode now.

Jonathan S.

Figma is THE Powerful, Collaborative Design Tool for the 21st Century

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Figma is a powerful tool that enables design teams to collaborate on design in real-time, and scale their process and design systems. It is hands-down the best screen, digital, and interface design tool on the market.

Pros

Figma unlocks powerful digital and screen/UI design at a scale, pace, and collaboration that was previously unthinkable. It is the most iterative, frictionless way to design just about anything.

Cons

In the early days, Figma had some stability issues and difficulty importing Sketch files. Sketch import is now near flawless, and it is powerful and stable. I would love to see Figma tackle more robust branching/versioning, but it has become the only design tool to outpace Sketch in terms of speed and quality.

Mohammad A.

Figma Review

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

I think Figma is one of the best app out there and I had a great experience in overall with it. I believe latest update really makes the using experience so smoother but if I wanna talk about the point for improving the experience i really think prototyping can be so much powerful than that.

Pros

I really experienced ease of use when I shifted to Figma. It's very useful that I can create many pages and organize the product into the pages.
I also really like the various and useful integrations and community files.

Cons

The down side that I've experienced with Figma was sometimes it took so long to load the project file, sometimes would be stuck and I needed to close and open it again.

Jishnu H.
  • Industry: Design

The most intuititve and smoothest software for wireframing and prototyping out there

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Really satisfied. Their customer support gets back within a day if you got any queries. They Figma community is great. I would say, my work speed has increased 10 folds after shifting to Figma from the previosu software.

Pros

Literally everything. To mention a few
1) It is completely cloud-based. You can access and work on your projects from literally any system. Plus you can collaborate with your team and work on the same project in real time.
2) The software is extremely smooth even after having like a 100 frames in one file.
3) The prototype mode irradicates the need for Invision to present concepts to clients.
4) Exporting is seamless in Figma and quick. Large number of frames can be exported all at once.

Cons

Not much to not like about Figma. But recently there have been certain bugs that can be quite irritating. Currently, you can create any animations or apply any transition effects to the prototypes. This would have made the prototypes more presentable to the clients.

Sean L.

Super easy prototyping and collaboration

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

This is a daily use app. Integrations are great but year another great feature is built-in CSS.

Pros

One big item I like is no matter which tier of service, there are unlimited users. This is especially handy when the work is being passed around to a ton of different people. It can get expensive on other apps trying to add logins for everybody involved, obviously on larger projects. Figma has lots of great integrations but another really great feature is the ease of handoff between designer and developer.

Cons

Controls can be tricky to get used to but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Arvydas V.

Excellent tool for collaboration

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Easy to use, easy to use, excellent user experience. Flawless collaboration capabilities - both for creating, editing and discussing changes, especially in software product development. Couldn't be happier with this tool.

Pros

Super easy to use, even though I am not proficient with many design tools, it was super easy to get a hang on Figma. It also provides flawless collaboration capabilities.

Cons

Some additional features might be added in the future, but it's perfect for my daily use as it is. Even free version provides incredible value for less heavy users.

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Price, easy to use, flawless UX/UI, perfect collaboration capabilities.
Yura S.

Excellent UI/UX design tool

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

We use Figma to streamline the work flow with developers and designers. It's an excellent tool for designers to create web components in a way that is clear for developers to implement.

Pros

It's easy to use, available as a web application or a standalone client and it's free. It's becoming the industry standard for UI design.

Cons

The standalone client tends to consume a lot of RAM and becomes a bit slow. No libraries of design templates.

Stephen O.

Figma, one of the best UI/UX tools for developers and designers

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

I'm majorly an Android developer and Figma helps me collaborate with my UI/UX designer seamlessly without the need to install a separate app -- everything is on the web. It has also reduced the time it takes for me to get around and implement features added by the designers, which increases efficiency and increases speed of development and product release.

Pros

I like the fact that, as a developer, I'm able to see the dimensions and other properties of UI components like text colour, font size, font family, etc very easily. It also generates XML code (for Android and iOS) and CSS (for web) which comes in handy to get a quick UI setup. Lastly, it allows you to collaborate with others on your team seamlessly.

Cons

It was not easy getting used to it at first as I'm coming from tools like Adobe and Zeplin, but once I got a hang of it, it's bliss afterwards. There's nothing I don't like about Figma, at least on the web client which I use.

Bart M.

Our speedy way into interface design (as a non designer)

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

As a product owner I have worked with many different tools to materialize the ideas in my head. Figma has given me the ability to translate ideas faster and more beautiful, starting from plentiful high quality templates (that we bought). It is fun to use and results are stunning and immediately useable by our production teams.

Pros

Although its features are very elaborate and a perfect tool for designers, as a design-interested product owner, I was able to use Figma to make my briefings (and often even actual designs for our product) 10 times better than in my previous workflow.

No matter how complex it can be, starting of with a template and improving it was easy, fun and just worked.

Cons

It can be frustrating at times - as a non designer - to wrap your head around the concepts used in Figma. Layers, assets, components, selections,... By now, I have come to understand how everything works, but to change an icon in one place and having it changed everywhere is smart and simple when intentional, but a burden to understand if you are less familiar with design lingo. Nevertheless, the learning curve for that part was OK and as a non designer I know my way around with high quality outcome.

Valentina S.
  • Industry: Design

Great app - simple to use!

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Pros

Runs within the browser (no install needed), real-time collaboration (unlike competitors Sketch and XD)

Cons

Not much to dislike, can be difficult at first but easy to use once you get used to it

Michele S.

The best product design tool EVER

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Pros

The biggest thing that keeps me with Figma is the collaboration feature! I previously was using Sketch and switching to Figma was a game changer. My current favorite feature is auto-layout! It makes things very very convenient and scalable.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make a "base component" used in variants so if I wanted to change a bunch of variants, I don't have to change each one. I have found a way to do this myself which requires a random component sitting outside of the component set.

Andrew H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Design your webpages

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

A great tool that would help graphic designers in tbeir work

Pros

It is one of the best tools that allow you to design the pages of the website you would like to build and help the frontend developer to get the requirments needed to build the webpage

Cons

It needs a computer with high hardware soecs to be able to run figma smoothly without any errors or lags

Max T.

Easy collabrative design

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I introduced figma together with webflow and it allowed me to quickly design websites and giving my clients access to the design quickly through a link.

Pros

figma allows you to easily and inexpensively collaborate with others on designs you're working on. not too different from other design tools, makes sharing very easy and offers a free plan which goes a far way

Cons

nothing to dislike really, does the job good enough and is inexpenisve, it would be helpful to a get better introduction to the tool when you first sign up.