AVG Internet Security Business Edition Reviews

AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Cybersecurity platform for small and midsize businesses

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.2/5

Bishal
Bishal

Best (free) antivirus

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

I was really very satisfied with this product. Initially, I used the free version which was satisfactory, but later I switched to Full protection, which totally changed my experienced and I'm in love with AVG. Better protection to your device without losing your device's speed, what else do we need?

Pros

AVG has a free version which is very good if you want to try using it. Its installation is also very easy and user-friendly. If you are satisfied, you can move to full security which has the best all-around protection for all your devices. The best thing about AVG which I really love is, it has low memory use so it doesn't slow down your computer/device while scanning.

Cons

AVG's free version enables only basic protection which is very common. Settings are a little more complicated. Sometimes it detects the .exe file as a virus which creates problems in installation.

Kenny
  • Used for 2+ years

AVG SECURITY

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Well, Duh! We have to keep the hackers out of our business. Especially the ransomware guys, they are notorious.

Pros

The price can't be beat. It kept viruses and bad actors away from my computers very well. In this day and age, they are everywhere.

Cons

The scan feature was not thorough enough. I needed it to scan all my files, not just some of them. .

Just don't

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

I don't recommend using AVG at all nowadays. Use what you get with Windows and stay away from the bad parts of the internet.

Pros

A long time ago, AVG used to be a decent free anti-virus. You could install it and hope that it might catch any viruses or trojan horses before they wreak havoc on your computer.

Cons

However, since then, it's become a piece of software that's making your computer crawl, they've added a browser "toolbar" that tracks what you do online and essentially crossed over to the dark side.

Lubabalo

Expiriencing the business version

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

It just works, no need to baby seat the product. It leads the way makes your life easy.

Pros

It has all the necessary features for a complete solution. With this AVG product I can rest at ease browsing on my PC on any network.

Cons

I have not noticed any. I am still exploring.

JMo
JMo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quality Without the cost

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

I made the switch from a competitor because the competitor was getting too expensive. A month after I switched, the competitor I switched from hacked my bank account information and stole my new debit card information to renew the subscription I had previously canceled. Once the competitors stole my banking information there was no going back and I stuck with aVG

Pros

Relatively simple to use, very user-friendly in fact, free antivirus software with no noticeable gaps in coverage and the ability to subscribe to premium features inexpensively. Plus it’s not owned by those crooks at Norton.

Cons

There is an annual push to try to convince you to upgrade and buy a premium subscription for less frequently used features and the repair of less common software errors.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Lisa
Lisa

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is not terribly reliable

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

We tried to use the product so that all of our workstations would have a standardized antivirus that was updated and could not be bypassed. It worked correctly when I installed it originally, but gradually stopped working over the years, and finally, allowed a catastrophic virus to be executed on a system and spread throughout our network.

Pros

I could make sure that all workstations had the latest updates fairly easily in the Admin Console, as well as install it on a new workstation from there sometimes. It did a reasonably good job of preventing viruses, although the cost of that protection was pretty high in system resources, administrative time, and money.

Cons

It let an encryption ransomware .exe file run on a protected workstation which did a tremendous amount of damage before I realized it was there. I had a cloud backup from which I was able to restore everything, but it took days to get the encrypted backups removed (it was on "continuous" backup, so as the virus changed files, they were backed up) and the good data restored. Also, as OS software was updated over the years we used it, I had to repeatedly change network and firewall settings to allow the Admin Console to see all the workstations and to push software. In the end, I believe there were still two machines that could not be reached through the Admin Console, even though I followed the instructions posted on the AVG website.

Joseph
Joseph
  • Industry: Media Production

A good solution for internet security

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

I like that I know AVG internet security is running in the background keeping me safe from virus' and other malicious attacks.

Pros

I have been using AVG for some time now - it is simple to use and makes me feel secure while I am using my computer. I like that it warns you when you download something from a site that might not be safe.

Cons

Sometimes the popups are a bit annoying, though I believe you can turn these off in the settings. Cost is also a bit high.

Avast Ultimate Business Security
Sushil
Sushil
  • Industry: Information Services

Protection for your PC

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

overall if you want to protect your PC do install AVG Internet Security after successful installation of OS on the PC. So that AVG Internet Security works very well and always protect your PC.

Pros

AVG Internet Security protects your PC from harmful viruses from local as well as from the web. It has its own algorithm for detecting viruses. I used another antivirus for didn't fix my computer. then after I installed AVG Internet Security it fixed my PC completely.

Cons

The one and only cons of AVG Internet Security is occasionally it removes system files, which may crash your OS. But it removes only infected files.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best Security Software

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Pros

AVG Internet Security Business Edition provides powerful antivirus protection that can detect and remove a wide range of malware, viruses, and other online threats.

Cons

The cost of licensing AVG Internet Security Business Edition can be a significant factor for small businesses, particularly when protecting multiple devices.

ahmed
  • Industry: Animation

amazing Antivirus

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

very good

very good

Pros

amazing Antivirus for protecting your PC

Cons

scan time take a lot of time but that is not a big problem

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Best internet experience in my life

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

As a summary, I can surely say that AVG internet security is the best internet security providing app i ever used in my life. I really love multiple options in this app and highly recommend to anyone without any second thought.

Pros

AVG internet security is one of the best quality internet security software in the today world. The best thing about this software is it can scan very quickly and very accurately detect viruses and spams. Also this app can set up automatically functioning tool such that we do may take any action. App automatically scan and take actions to viruses and spams in this mode. So that we can save our time. Also this app having very user friendly interface which anyone can easily adopted.

Cons

In some times time taken to scan viruses and spams took some considerable time. But we can surely say that this software doesn’t miss any virus or spam. Also this app needed good internet connection to function properly.

sheri
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

AVG Internet security

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I am very happy with the security it provides me. I surf the web a lot and it will let me know if sites are unsafe.

Pros

I use this on all of my home computers. It makes me feel safe when I am surfing the web. It can check often for viruses.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software. I think I need to explore the settings it has for keeping my computer totally safe.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Best internet security software i ever used

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

This is one of the excellent software i used to secure my data while connected to internet. This software can easily downloaded and installed to any kind of device without any difficulty.Also having user friendly interface and automated decision taking opportunity.

Pros

AVG internet security is one of the most popular antivirus software in the world. It provides ultimate security to our devices specially we are connected to internet. Malware and spam are scaned and blocked automatically by this software. That is the best thing about this software. Also new versions of AVG internet security having blocking ability of inappropriate adds playing. This is also another advantage for any user.

Cons

In newest versions of AVG internet security software , some abilities can not accessed without paying money. Also some new kind of viruses can not identify by the system.

• Industry: Higher Education

Review for AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Simple, but at the same time security software for basic use.

Simple, but at the same time security software for basic use.

Pros

Nice and simple UI.
Auto scanning on the plug-in of a USB disk or removable disks.
Do not consume many resources.

Cons

In my experience, some viruses were not found. For example, "hidden virus" was famous here (Sri Lanka). AVG didn't detect it.

Norton AntiVirus and ESET Endpoint Security
Eduardo

Eduardo Lina - AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

As far as protecting my Personal Computer, AVG has performed very well. I hav made it a point to renew my subscription very year because, to put it simply, I trust it and feel I get full value for the money I pay.

Pros

I trust this software thoriughly. It has warned me when my computer was at risk, prevented me from making mistakes when accessing potentially danerous sites, provided me with advice as to how to act in case of danger from malaware, etc. I have been buying this product for a number of years because I value its worth.

Cons

When I got AVG Tuneup and protected my cellular device, too, I blocked several features on my phone.

Trevor
  • Industry: Computer Networking

AVG security

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

This product will protect many ways like banking and stopping viruses before damage your computer system. Keeps Spyware and other malicious programs from attacking your system.

Pros

The software is fairly simple to set up and use it offer just like many others on The market today. The product offers two versions free and unlimited we have the unlimited version. This software will stop viruses and spyware, and other malware are just some of the features this product offers.
This product will also help in securing your payments like banking system to protect your online banking. Again is feature is not available in the free version.

Cons

The issue I ran into we're that the scanning takes up a lot of resources and slows down your computer. The price is like many others on the market your paying for a subscription service which is only a year and needs to be renewed. The software also seems to have to be updated, which is a time concern for many users.

Rakib Hasan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

AVG provides flawless security against online threats

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

It provides email protection, firewall support, and email support. Also, it has been providing full-time customer support to make your experiences smoother.

Pros

AVG is a kind of security application that gives best support to run a business flawless by providing security against online threats to damage your valuable files

Cons

Like any anti-virus, it also makes your PC a bit slow which should be upgraded.

Adam

I love AVG

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

It has picked up and automatically protected me against several threats over the years and I fully trust this software to do its job and protect my data,

Pros

The free tier certainly is what first attracted me to this software and the low pressure to upgrade afterwards built great personal respect for this brand. It is so easy to use and keep updated for that peace of mind that everyone needs.

Cons

No options for ADP at Router level protection. I have a router that does have options for AV at router level and could not find options to add AVG to this.

Marcie

Free but Annoying

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

It ran often, but I'm not even sure it did a great job, since my computer ended up running really slowly. After using it for several years, upon the recommendation of a friend, I finally deleted it and switched to McAfee, which my husband recently purchased for our devices.

Pros

I used the free version of the software. Once downloaded, the program runs in the background, though you can run a specific scan whenever you want.

Cons

I did *NOT* like that the I was constantly getting notifications to upgrade! It was so annoying & frustrating every few days it seemed!

Candice
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Browser is secured

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Blocks malicious malware, cleans viruses, and keeps browsers protected.

Blocks malicious malware, cleans viruses, and keeps browsers protected.

Pros

AVG has this full protection for your browsers. It automatically cleans the viruses and malware on the browsers you had used. Keeping a firm internet browsing experience and blocks malicious malware.

Cons

Takes time to scan big files, yet no other problems using this software. Such a good application. Keep the updates up!

Stewart

AVG Review

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

The software also has a file shredder that destroys any file you place in it so no one can find it or restore it on your computer which is a nice touch.

Pros

AVG has good malware protection and a light system impact, includes a powerful file shredder and quickly scans drives. But Avast and Avira have more useful features, and Bitdefender has better malware protection.

Cons

This software slows your computer more than other antivirus software we reviewed. The software is also very difficult to remove from your computer once installed.

William
  • Industry: Media Production

Reliable Internet Security Software

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

We were able to try it out with a free trial. It ran great without us noticing any performance impact on our PCs we use. We decided to stick with it

Pros

It offers a free 30 day trial. The monthly cost is very affordable. The software doesn't impact computer performance, which is important when running other performance intensive software.

Cons

There are reports that allegedly they have been spying on their customer's browsing data and have been selling it.

Sheena

avg internet security

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

common used by people. it could be in the computer or cellphone. i can say one of the trusted security software in the world.

Pros

well known and common software used by our institution. it is effective and efficient as a security software of our institution for both employees and students

Cons

sometimes the repetition of the instructions. and hard to understand. sometimes we are doubt about the features but it turned to perfect outcome.

paul

It does the job

Reviewed on 30/09/2022

Pros

The AVG internet security business edition is remarkably simple and easy to use. It has definitely been more user friendly throughout the years. It is seriously straight to the point. I use the business edition for my job, which is a small office of approximately 15 people or so. We have so much spam mail coming in and this software has helped us quickly scan emails and have a layer in Firewall protection.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about or not to dislike about the Avg company. Afterall, they have been around for so long. Pricing could be better. But then again, we all want a bargain.

eldon
  • Industry: Hospitality

Desktop use

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

I have been using this app for a long time that I don't even remember this app is a very easy working I'm very convenience four virus protection so I won't come in this up at any given time or any customer thank you avg

Pros

From the time I buy my first computer I have installed this app and this app has as keep my computer virus free I'm fine it's a very easy working app very easy to install call and set up you're firewall and etcetera

Cons

The only thing I find about this app is is you have to pay to use it it and sometimes it doesn't allow you you to access some websites because it block up the website so sometimes I have to deactivate it for me to use the website that's the only problem I have with this app