Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

4.7 (2,229)
Cybersecurity software for endpoint threat detection

(2,229)
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

2229 Software options

Scott F.

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Cons

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Petr V.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Fast malware antivirus

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Pros

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is.
The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control.
Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Cons

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Pros

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Cons

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Because Norton slowed down my machines. Too many popups and they made it much to complex in the settings. Why waste my time going through multiple steps when not needed. Plus breaches were constant. Not to mention the billing fiasco

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

The dependability of malware bytes.
Julianna J.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Meets My Needs!

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Cons

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

McAfee became very expensive and also cluttered up too much of my system memory. It also slowed down my computer. I also found that McAfee was very intrusive and constantly bombarded my system with useless notifications.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes had a free version that was able to show what the full version could do for my computer system. It was user friendly, easily controlled, and much less intrusive than McAfee.

Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Aaron B.

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Pros

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Cons

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Music

Malware Bytes - Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Pros

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored by your clock on your main toolbar (if you so choose). From there you can access a whole list of features ranging from the initial dashboard with web, exploit, malware, and ransom ware protection - which you would expect. Where the program goes above and beyond is in your ability to drill down into individual programs to specify how the files will be handled, the scheduling functionality, memory behavior, java and program behavior features. This truly is an all encompassing tool that is pretty essential for protection.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

Lindsay T.

Unintrusive powerful software to secure your computer

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Always up to date to remove the latest intrusions. Honor their lifetime update policy. Easy to use and very reliable. No overheads with performance issues when installed. A must product in all computers.

Pros

I bought the full version of Malwarebytes years ago and It has protected me in every way. As a computer consultant to many small companies and individuals, I install Malwarebytes in every computer I work on. The free version does everything except give you real time protection. When somone calls about ransomware or other threatening intrusions, I simply say start Malwarebytes, let it update and scan. That's it the problem is gone.

Cons

I bought mine when one small payment gave me a lifetime update version. It is still recognized years later. The one apsect that disappointing is their change over to a yearly subscription but then business is business. For critical users, I get them to subscibe.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

AVG decided to do too much and slowed down every computer it was installed in.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Reliable, easy to use, does not affect performance, always up to date.

Malware Bytes Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Pros

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Cons

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

The reputation and reliablity of malwarebytes amongst other users in the pc community as well as using it myself in my personal computer systems.

Norton AntiVirus

reliability and reputation
Mark W.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Malwarebytes Premium (Personal & Solopreneurs)

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

Despite my recent frustration re: uninstalling (described above), I still highly recommend Malwarebytes Premium for Windows (Personal). Glitches happen with any software and considering the poor customer service so many companies think is perfectly acceptable, I regard my recent issue to be minor in the big scheme of things.

I have used Malwarebytes for 5+ years. Every IT pro I've asked has highly recommended it too.

Pros

Prevents nasty malware from entering PC. Reasonably priced considering the cost of fixing a malware problem - $60 for one year subscription or $54.50/year for 2 years.

Cons

I recently had trouble with the software - it would not load. The standard 'fix' for such problems is to Uninstall and then reinstall the software. However, I could not uninstall Malwarebytes using the standard Windows Uninstaller, *and* I could not uninstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. No software is perfect, even 'support tools'. What bothered me is that there is a known problem with uninstalling Malwarebytes for Windows (for some computers) but this problem--and the solution--is not mentioned in the Malwarebytes Support Tool FAQ. (There is also a Support Tool Manual but the current Manual is for Malwarebytes version 1.4 and the current Malwarebytes version is 1.5.3.749.

On the positive side, the Malwarebytes support documents overall are very good and the support forum is excellent. I learned about the solution to my uninstall problem in the Support Forum - I needed to use the Support Tool in Windows Safe Mode.

• Industry: Accounting

Awesome!

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Five star! I love how it works on everything from computers to cellphones, I license does all my equipment.

Pros

I love Malwarebytes, I had been using other programs that were not doing the job. Since switching over I have had no problems. I love how I can have different computers setup to scan at different hours during my business closed times. Price is great too!

Cons

If you do not set the scan time to an off time the scanning will slow down the computer. This is ok and can be adjusted. Just make not, as it will automatically scan daily.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I had read some reviews had been having problems with AVG so decided to try the free malware and was super impressed
Alison W.

Hands down, one of the best free securities on the net! I recommend this left and right.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Pros

I love the price - Free. I love the usability - download and run. I love the quality - not even my friends who like the darker net have had issues that Malwarebytes can prevent. I love features and functionality - I run it, and it does everything I need it to do without the need to micromanage it. Hands down, I love Malwarebytes, and I know that is something strange to say about your computer security system, and that I usually do not endorse something without at least one bigger reservation, but this is an exception. If you do not have a security in place and do not want to pay for one, get Malwarebytes!

Cons

Driven away by the price of Kaspersky, which is a great product, but I am a lowly broke computer lover, I found Malware bytes one day what seems like decades ago. It may not have been decades, but it was at least one... Anyway, I found Malwarebytes and fell in love. It has had my back through the days when being a teenager and going to torrent sites was cool, all the way until now when I try not to look back on those days and what I was getting myself into as I browse the internet for the next great coupon. Malwarebytes has been tried and true, but alas, since I use the free version, there is very little customization that I get to do. I run, it catches if there are anything that did not raise a gigantic red flag upon introduction. That is all, my only con, a lack of granularity. That should be a pro in itself.

Abayomi O.
  • Industry: Media Production

Malwarebytes Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

It has really protected my PC from hackers and viruses.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a very good Antivirus software. Since I have been using it I have not had any difficulties using it. Its fast and does not slow down my computer while running. I am also using its mobile app and it has drastically help reduce the number of top-up adverts on my phone.

Cons

The Desktop version sometimes deactivate full protection of my PC. I will have to restart my computer to get it working back as normal.

Pam K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Malwarebytes For Home

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

We have been able to meet our customers expectations of having a secure network in which to hold their proprietary data.

Pros

It's great for Home Use. Simple updates, good security coverage.

Cons

For Enterprise the deployment was a little sketch behind our enterprise firewalls. It seems to need full access to the Internet to behave consistently.

Intercept X Endpoint

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Bitdefender's offering for enterprise was not functional at all. We kept getting infected.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Price, and reliability.
Lorraine C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Love knowing my computer is secure!

Reviewed on 10/02/2018

Total computer security and peace of mind at a highly affordable price.

Pros

Malware Bytes Premium is the only security on all the computers and tablets in our household. It's easy to use, doesn't interfere with other applications, doesn't cause crashes, and I feel completely confident it delivers total security.
I've used a few anti-virus programs, but I always ran the free version of Malware Bytes alongside them. After a popular and expensive anti-virus program falsely detected a trojan and crashed my system, deleting drivers and corrupting files, and I had to spend for repairs, I made the decision that Malware Bytes Premium was all I needed for security. It's a decision I haven't regretted. I run Malware Bytes permanently in the background at all times. It monitors for any suspicious activity and warns immediately if there is the smallest risk. In addition, I run a full scan every day.
This software is amazingly good value - far less costly than most anti-virus software and does so much more! Stops ransomware and exploit attacks. Shields against suspicious websites. Removes malware and spyware. No more worms, rogues, dialers, trojans, rootkits, exploits, or bots... ever! As I work online, this protection is essential, and it's nice to know I can play and socialize safely as well, anytime I please.

Racey C.

Malwarebytes has kept my environment malware free for years.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Not having to deal with malware infected machines, ever, at all, period.

Pros

Shortly after I joined the company, we decided to move our IT in-house and away from the managed service provider we had been using. I built our entire IT environment from scratch, and one of the first things I did was deploy Malwarebytes Anti-malware. I had plenty of experience using the product to clean up machines already infected with malware, but deploying it to a clean end point and having that endpoint stay clean for more than five years without a single verifiable malware infection is a beautiful thing. With roughly 150 endpoints our environment is smaller than many, but with only two administrators supporting it we really enjoy spending exactly zero minutes each year dealing with infected machines.

Cons

The only possible "con" I could think of is that when I first deployed the solution, it threw out a few false positives due to a couple registry changes put in place via Group Policy in Active Directory. However, it's hard to say that's much of a con because monitoring suspicious registry changes is a good thing, and whitelisting those changes so it quit generating a false positive was super simple.

Steve B.

It fills in the gaps of of Windows Defender

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

On machines where local administrative access is granted, the tool is great to deploy when the machine is performing sub-par and usually identifies many tasks or files that can be deleted. This information is useful to send up the chain to network administrators to modify firewalls and other scanning tools to be responsive to new threats. However, "antivirus" programs vary greatly in what they scan, and for some this tool is mildly redundant. While unrealistic, it would be great if tools such as these recognized other similar tools and didn't try to wrestle control of threat assessment away from the default, especially when it's not the native OS tool. Regardless, this tool remains an excellent one in any arsenal of someone who is troubleshooting a PC that is not operating as expected.

Pros

Great at removing "threats" not considered as such by native/host OS solutions. Simple and intuitive interface offers excellent insights into what was found, what is or should be done, and in plain language.

Cons

It is not always easy to get approval to have it run on machines where admin rights are not granted. This is understandable given the level of read access it needs to perform its job can be restrictive when run from a browser, but some competitors offer this service and, while not as robust at targeting malware, are more helpful.

Praveen N.

One of the best malware removal tools

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Malware bytes is a great tool to protect your computer from threats such as malware and other viruses. It offers great features and I was able to use it to detect viruses that were not being detected by other virus guards. The user interface is great and is very straight forward, compared to most of the competition. If you want to get the most benefits however, you may need to consider getting the paid version.

Pros

Malware bytes has been my go to antivirus software for over two years. My laptop was infected with several malware and adware which kept interfering with using my browser and I tried scanning with a number of virus guards. Only Malware bytes was able to detect and remove the threats successfully. The plus point was that the software was free to use for a week. After the trial expired, it let me keep using the software with a few features such as realtime link scanning turned off. Even with these features turned off, I am able perform deep scans of my computer and have access to all essential features that I personally need.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few features like realtime scanning enabled so I do not have to manually scan my computer in the free version.

John B.

Very effective anti-virus/anti-malware

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

I found Malwarebytes several years ago when working on a computer that I thought I could not clean up. It had so much malware on it that it would barely run enough to even move the mouse cursor, let alone actually fix anything. I used every tool I had at the time that would run in safe mode on that computer. I almost gave up. A little bit of "googleing around" led me to Malwarebytes. I gave it a try, and it made a huge difference on that computer. I was able to clean it up completely and made a customer very happy. It would have been easier to just wipe it out and re-load the OS, but the customer was very opposed to that option due to some software they had on there and not being able to get it back if it was wiped out. So, after that one, I started using Malwarebytes on almost everything. Now I have their Techbench product and am a reseller for their products. I'm very impressed with how far they have come over the years with their products.

Pros

Malwarebytes is an easy-to-use anti-malware software that is highly effective at what it does. In my experience working on computers for 18+ years, it's the best anti-virus/anti-malware product I have found.

Cons

Like almost all other anti-virus/anti-malware products, its memory usage can grow a little over time, but Malwarebytes does seem to keep it under control better than most.

Malwarebytes bites back online stopping hackers and virus.

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Well having using this for long time now i am glad i have it. It saves me from thinking that i need a specialist to work on my computers and laptops. Malwarebytes really does work. I am very happy with this and i am sure you will too. Go ahead and try it. You won't be disappointed. I am glad i have it. It a real life saver.

Pros

When i had a problem with my computer one night i had to shut it down. I couldn't do anything with computer. Til someone that had the malwarebytes and told me how it got their computer back online and cleared out the virus and hackers. So i went ahead to trying this. Believe me when i tell you this malwarebytes got my computer back and running like new. I have been using malwarebytes for since 2008. I will not use any other programs. This takes care of virus and hackers from trying to hurt the hardware. This program is more gear for your hardware and protects it. I don't know what i do without it.
It really helps me alot with everything i use computer and laptops.

Cons

I don't any down fall with this program. It really does work and does the job to help your computers and laptops. I highly recommend anyone to use malwarebytes.

• Industry: Government Administration

Malwarebytes Cost Effectively

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Malwarebytes has been valuable both in trial mode when proposing the software to a new client and in full licensed mode when migrating many PCs at a customer site. Malwarebytes has proven itself not only when dealing with users that unknowingly click nd open questionable files, but also when user visit questionable website/download from a questionable website.

Pros

Malwarebytes has been a goto for me for several years - particularly when I am implementing/deploying and supporting new systems. I've used many other products that are not only very expensive per seat, but also have a very large installation footprint that impacts system performance. Malwarebytes outperforms other solutions in both of these areas.

Cons

The option to silence some warnings would be helpful as to not panic some non-technical users.

Shannon C.

Malwarebytes equals Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Malwarebytes is easy to use and great at keeping my computers safe.

Pros

I've been a Malwarebytes customer for the last 7 years or so. We use it for all of our home PC's and our cell phones. The software is super easy to use, and the only issue I can remember having with the software had nothing to do with malware. I had an update issue, but I used their excellent forum and was given a step-by-step walk through of how to fix the issue. My overall experience has been a great one. Before Malwarebytes, we used one of the big well known anti-virus companies where we had multiple issues and had to pay extra to get those issues resolved. I'm a huge fan of Malwarebytes because they've built a community around keeping your system safe. I feel like a valued customer with them and not just a number.

Cons

While they do offer a free version, the annual cost for the premium version has gone up considerably over the years. Initially they offered a lifetime license before switching to the subscription model like the other carriers. The lifetime license was a huge selling point for me, but I'd still highly recommend the product.

• Used for 6-12 months

Really does the job without affecting the speed of your pc

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

The experience is much more awesome when compare to the bloated alternatives which do the same thing with the cost of making your pc slow as a snail, but malwarebytes is so op to be honest its like a goal for new defenders.

Pros

I like everything i mean its a lovable piece of work, it will protect your computer without affecting the overall performance, the anti-malware engine is much sophisticated then any others i've used and the best part you don't have to pay if you are not looking for 24-hours active protection from every type of threats.

Cons

i would say none all the features are lovable and extremely crafted with ease and quality in mind, but if i have to say something i kinda feel down whenever i do fresh install on a friend's pc who don't have connectivity then its just nothing more then that trash ideling and doing nothing cause it need to download the database(not comes with the package).

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Malwarebytes is a solid tool to use to keep you protected.

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Pros

This free software has been in my toolkit for a long time now. Any good security protection package you run to keep your computer safe should use at least two different pieces of software. You can pay for one to be sure you get good support and features and then back that one up with a free one. Malwarebytes has always been in the mix for me. Very good at finding infections and rootkits. Quarantine works well and it is very thorough.

Cons

The one thing I do not like about the Malwarebytes software is that they keep pushing the upgrade to premium package. The messages you see pop up sometimes say there is a update available and sometimes it says you should upgrade your software. Update and upgrade can be confusing to some people and free should mean free. I am running your software and I like it, now stop asking me to buy it. You can turn off some notifications, but users can still open the scan tool and see warnings. Now they think they are not protected and start clicking around. Free is free, you get what you pay for.

Shelby H.

Malwarebytes rocks threats!

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I have been able to recover so many of our computer repair customers PC's after they had been taken over by viruses and malware because Malwarebytes always finds them and removes them.

Pros

Malwarebytes is used every day at our computer repair shop. It is by far the best program that removes malware threats! I have been able to recover so many PC's by removing malware using Malwarebytes. It is the only malware program I recommend to all of my customers also

Cons

There are no cons, I honestly love this program and so do all of our computer repair customers!