Rain POS

4.4/5

Sam G.

Like Sew POS Review

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros

We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Cons

It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

POSIM

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

WIndward was an excellent ERP level system with integrated accounting, however, it was technically complex, did not integrate easily to a web site, would have cost a significant amount to integrate web and shop data for sales and inventory management, and incurred significant annual/recurring maintenance charges

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

Ease of use, simplicity of architecture, direct web integration and an offering specifically tailored to the sewing/quilting industry
Molly H.
  • Industry: Textiles

Rain/LikeSew vs GoDaddy

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

I am glad I took the plunge, put in the work, with the help of friends, and moved the shop over to Rain/LikeSew this past summer. It was worth the hard work and effort. I can now offer my customers specials and appreciation programs, keep up with inventory and manage files more efficiently.

Pros

LikeSew is more precise at managing my inventory and handling the day-to-day business of running my fabric store than GoDaddy ever was. I now know exactly how much inventory I have on hand and it's value and what categories it falls into.

Cons

There could be some improvements in the email marketing program and the inventory receipt areas.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

I had no control over inventory management and it was time to renew my GoDaddy products.

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

I had used Shopify at a friends business and I didn't like it.
Holly V.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

Pros

I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

Cons

We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

AIM

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

Because of the umbrella effect: It linked our website with our store inventory in real time with our rental contracts. Everything was in one place. Sadly it was too good to be true.

Response from Rain Retail Software

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

Bonita M.

Best software for quilting shops.

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Pros

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

Cons

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

POSIM

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

TRS was retiring their dos system.

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

It was designed for quilting. They understand all of the pins and needles.
Karen W.

Rain POS

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

It works pretty well for me with some things that I would like to change.

Pros

We have used Rain POS for many years. I appreciate that I can do so many facets of my business from one platform. POS, online sales, integrated inventory management, emails, and merchant services.

Cons

I would really like to have shipping integrated - when an order is placed, that it would be integrated with a shipping service like Shippo, which is what I use. The automatic emails would be useful if I could choose the products that were shown - like what is on sale. The automatic choices were so ridiculous - something old that was worthless in our system - instead of something we really wanted to promote.

Allen B.

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pros

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Cons

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Pheobe K.

An Outstanding POS System

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pros

I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Cons

I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

Miles S.
  • Industry: Music

Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.

Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where.

Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pros

integration

Cons

still developing some features

Mark B.
  • Industry: Music

Great user friendly POS

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want.

Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus.

Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet.

We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pros

Tons of features and easy to use.

Cons

To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

Tawni Y.

Good

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pros

I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Cons

Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

Peter V.

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Cons

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Barbara C.

Rain software

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Pros

I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

Cons

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Rosanne P.

We are very pleased with the software and support!

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Good!

Pros

Easy to learn, install, and use. Reports are easy to understand. Customer support when you call in is EXCELLENT

Cons

There are some things inherent in our business that it does not accommodate AND they have not updated. We've asked for some additional options and they've not happened.

Brian M.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Pros

Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons

Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

Jana A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Pros

its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Cons

none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

Valerie S.

Great!

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Cons

It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

Paige D.

Rain POS for Retail Quilt Store

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Overall, the experience has been very good. Implementation was easy and the support was excellent.

Pros

Most features in this software are easy to use. I liked how easy the system was to set-up.

Cons

There do seem to be some 'bugs' with inventory levels as from time to time there are errors.

Patti E.

Rain Retail Works Well for Periwinkle Quilting

Reviewed on 23/06/2021

As a day to day POS system it works well for us.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to implement. Good support.

Cons

Accounting features could improve. Sales screen has a few deficiencies that make it easy for staff to create fraudulent transactions.

A lifesaver during COVID-19

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

Pros

Reverb.com integration saved my business during COVID-19

Cons

Some bugs can take a bit long to get sorted out but the team was very responsive

Connie A.

My thoughts on Rain POS

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

I would recommend them to anyone. This is a great experience for me and my business.

Pros

The ease of use and the excellent customer service.

Cons

I would like my on sale items to show up immediately.

Skye B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Hands down the worst customer service

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Cons

As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

Carolyn M.

Try Rain & You will be happy you did

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

Fantastic Service!

Pros

Easy to use & valuable support when needed

Cons

Paying for a lot of things I don’t need as a web page seller

Chris L.

My initial experience was great. Now that I'm into year 2, not so great. No consistency in...

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

The ability to link my inventory to my website.

Pros

I like the link between my inventory and the website. The program is somewhat intuitive so the ease of training staff is great.

Cons

Every time there is an update less of my product is picked up by my scanner. Moda inventory is easy than not available; no consistency. There is no easy way other than a bulk download to scan through products and update or delete.

Annette B.

Rain Point of Sale review from the Scuba Diving Industry

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

We switched to Rain POS 2.5 years ago. Customer service has been wonderful. There are some unique parts to our industry that are addressed with this tool, such as a rental program.

We specifically like that the POS and Website are all on the same platform and are easy to update by us. This allows us to easily make changes to our on line shopping tool as well as marketing tools.

We would highly recommend this for small to medium size businesses.

Sherry C.

Frustrating

Reviewed on 26/05/2017

Misrepresentation of features and merchant pricing.

Pros

Integrated web and store inventory. Adding items once due to integration of web and physical store.

Cons

Cannot create unique reports.
No weekend support.
Lack of urgency by support.
No debit pin pad offered