CorelDRAW

Kevin O.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A Graphic Designer's and Artist's Dream

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

It has helped me grow my business and sell my designs and art printed on clothing, accessories, and gifts all over the globe.

Pros

This software is loaded with things I was using from about three different programs. Aside from all the spectacular uses it has, not having to use one program, then switch to another, and possibly another to finish a design is brilliant!

Cons

There are so many additional things to purchase to do more work or have more tools, effects, etc but I know how to do most all of them without the additions, so it is okay

Adobe Photoshop and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

The affordability for what you get is phenomenal and it is truly great for professional work.

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

It was less expensive, offered exactly what I needed and in the trial was far easier.
Dalmir A.

The beginning of Design

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

I have a strong connection with CorelDraw because when I started my career as a Graphic Designer it was this software that launched me into the job market.

Pros

The good thing about CorelDraw is that some vectors you can't do in Adobe Illustrator you can do in CorelDraw, it's simpler than Illustrator and easier to use.

Cons

However, not all companies ask for CorelDraw skills, most ask for Adobe products, I think this is a big disadvantage for CorelDraw.

Jonaths B.
  • Industry: Design

Essential program, but needs improvement

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

In general, Corel Draw is helping me to solve my business problems.
What are my business problems? I needed an application suite where I could create a layout: flyer, business card, banner, billboard, newspapers, magazines and also pieces for social networks and Corel Draw with its versatility helped me a lot.

I have been a Corel Draw user since version 11, I have been using it since 2005. As time goes by, it has improved getting faster and lighter, bringing more comfort and practicality to the user.

However, improvements are still needed in the Corel Draw Suite, better integration with other applications, and it is possible to sell the programs separately, without the obligation to buy the complete suite. It is interesting that the value is lower in order to attract more and more users.

From 0 to 10 stars, I consider the program to be 8.5 stars.

Pros

The Corel Draw application suite has features that are necessary to have a great workflow.

Some features are impactful like the font manager, something very useful, as it is not necessary to install the fonts (typography) in the computer's operating system. Another good feature is the possibility of working with scale. This allows us to create a layout for cars, buses and billboards in a quiet and wise way.

The product is very versatile, simple and easy to use. Integrating it with my business processes is extremely easy, enabling a very fast and productive learning curve.

Cons

The Corel Draw suite has many features that are excellent, but you need to improve many details.

When working with many geometric points (or vectors), Corel Draw has a little difficulty in processing, even on a computer with a great processor, video card and memory.

Another detail to be improved is the need to have more fluidity in some effects, to add existing effects on competitors: Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designer.

Improving the integration with EPS files made in Illustrator, as well as improving the integration of Illustrator - Corel Draw and Photoshop - Corel Draw is extremely necessary.

What makes Corel Draw difficult to use is when it is necessary to work with files made in Illustrator, as many effects Corel Draw cannot read.

Despite the flaws, there was not much difficulty in integrating Corel Draw with my business processes.

William C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

2019 the year CorelDraw became Company standard.

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Overall CorelDraw plays with the big boys as far as capability, functionality, and small learning curve. I've been a user of the Corel Suites for quite sometime but never made the complete switch. It was always a secondary program. This year 2019 I decided to completely switch over to the full Corel Technical Suite line and I'm completely satisfied with the switch.

Pros

If you are coming from Adobe Illustrator Corel allows you to set your workspace exactly the same as Illustrator which makes for no learning curve at all. You'll find all the same resources and tools as Illustrator. You actually own your copy of the program so that when next years version comes out you aren't forced to upgrade. I have been using 2016 version of the program until 2019 when I upgraded to newest version.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about the program at all. It has all the same features and benefits as the Adobe suite.

Pratik P.

DTP Mastering Solution with Ease. Multipurpose Vector Illustration Design Suite

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Highly Professional and Productive. Vector Design and Exports with Ease. Multi type of Suite Programs.

Pros

CorelDraw Universal Acceptance, Online Application, Proofing, Heavy Workloads. Largest Number of Export Data Formats.

Cons

Monthly Subscription is Expensive but there should be a free Viewer. For Managing the Digital Designs and Documents.

Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and Affinity Designer

CorelDraw is Operatively Simple

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Smooth Operation, Good Data Imports.
Allan K.
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Used for 2+ years

Not entirely easy to learn, but it’s worth it

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

CorelDraw is a great product which allowed me to explore my creative interests. When I first decided to learn graphic design and editing, CorelDraw was not my first choice. But after getting overwhelmed by the other alternatives I tried, I found CorelDraw the perfect balance between user friendliness and functionality. The image editor is easy to learn, side by side window comparisons of designs help the design process, importing and exporting files doesn’t have to be a struggle, your computer doesn’t have to be the most powerful in order to work smoothly with CorelDraw, etc, etc. There have been so many high points.

Pros

The vector creation tool is my favorite tool of all And very easy to execute, no matter the format of the original imported file. Also, CorelDraw had very useful resources and readily accessible communities to help me learn my way around the software as fast as possible. The image editor was not as complicated and sophisticated to learn / use as the other alternatives I had been struggling to pick up before switching to CorelDraw. I also realized that exporting similarly sized files took longer in other alternative products than it did when I worked in CorelDraw.

Cons

I had a few instances where saved images ended up in poorer resolutions or lower pixels when I save directly as image.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

coreldraw - perfect for layouts

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

we use it for layouting plans, text and renderings. as soon as one understands how the software works one can produce great layouts within short amounts of time.

Pros

powerful tool when it comes to layouting plans, text and renderings. images are referenced, so any change of the image is also done within corel, which is great and saves a lot of time. we created a number of templates, so for different uses like presentations, competitions we use different templates. this saves time and energy to concentrate on the quality of the work displayed. with many export options, nearly any professional software can be addressed, like photoshop or illustrator.

Cons

the price. corel draw is a professional software, with very deep and complex workflows and possibilities, this comes with a price.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

“Awesome Graphic Designing Software”

Reviewed on 26/04/2020

CorelDRAW is an excellent software that I used for a long time for my graphic designing work. I use this to design advertisements, logos, leaflets, and greeting cards for my university clubs and all. This software is really extraordinary and capable to make something beyond expectations. I highly recommend this software to use u all who interested in graphic designing.

Pros

CorelDRAW is capable to use easily and I like the extraordinary features it has. Fast opening of design projects is one of the features I like in this software. It consists of perceptive tools which lead this software for fast opening. When we want to prepare posters, brochures, and cards immediately, we can begin it with accessible templates without beginning it from scratch. CorelDRAW consists of the tab which gives hints and tips when designing. Hence that feature was very useful to me when my beginning period for graphic designing. CorelDRAW software is obvious to use in vector drawing than other software. Some amazing features I love to use this software are consists of shaping docker which gives an enormous usage, having blur feature, ability to create fresh designs, multi-monitoring facility, curving ability, make ease of use with training videos it has and the ability to search fonts and filtering. Try and figure out these amazing features of this software!

Cons

In my opinion, there are not many disadvantages in this software. This software is a bit expensive and some people cannot afford it. Sometimes it is difficult to learn the functions in this software for beginners. In my computer sometimes CorelDRAW software is lagging when using it. I hope these downsides will recover in the new version.

Lance S.

'The Alternative' Professional Vector Design Software

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Once I got over the unfamiliar UI and tool icons, it was more or less the standard vectoring software setup and feel as illustrator. I only use this to open and work on native CorelDraw files as issues sometimes importing .crd to .ai and vice-versa result in file corruption or inconsistencies in the artwork.

Pros

The fact that it is being offered with a perpetual license. Which is a big deal specially now that the subscription model is going mainstream with most industry-standard software. I also like the fact that CorelDraw is actually MORE POWERFUL than Adobe Illustrator, specially in terms of features and the ability to select path and shapes.

Cons

I personally feel that CorelDraw UI specifically the workspace and tool icons aren't at par with Illustrator. Maybe it's Corel's way of differentiating its product from their competitor, but from a consumer standpoint - having to deal with very unfamiliar icons is a hurdle that deeply affects workflow and productivity. A user would have to relearn and familiarise themselves with an almost totally different set.

Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

We didn't we actually use both, CorelDraw being a secondary choice.
Palash D.

My Experience using CorelDraw

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

I always recommend CorelDraw as a graphics designer.  Freelancers can make money with this software by making any type of logo for any company. I really give 5 star rating to this software and I love to do work in this software.

Pros

CorelDraw is very good quality designing software. Any type of logo you can make here. This software is a very flexible purchase option.  The tool box of this software is excellent. We can edit any type of picture in this software. This software is good for basic and high level graphics designing. The tutorials of CorelDraw are good mentors for beginners and also for experts.

Cons

This software is very good and have good quality of tutorial, in spite of that for griping and handling this software beginners may be need some deep study of CorelDraw tutorials. Some tools of CorelDraw have some complicated features.

Karima Z.

The best Graphic program

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

I work day by day with graphic design, logos and website composition and I have costumers consistently simply requesting a design or something and I utilize this software to make an item concurring their necessities

Pros

the software is straightforward and instinctive; I can work with vector apparatus, import and alter pictures in like manner to my structure attributes. I can embed text styles and alter them just as clasp craftsmanship to supplement my plan. What I like most is every one of the highlights are on one suite, they're not isolated on a few applications.

Cons

I like the software simply as is it, it have a few insights concerning how overwhelming can get the records to process for the PC once I've been taking a shot at, this detail can finish on an accident disappointment at times when the PC doesn't have the capacities for the measure of the document made.

Mohammed S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Saved our project in a time of budget cuts

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

My overall experience with CorelDraw has been very exciting. My first attempt at it was as a result of budget cuts to my project, which meant that we could not afford to hire a graphic designer to produce the materials we needed. So I had a week to go from reading the manual guide for the very first time to creating professional-looking logos and designs. As challenging as the experience was, it has also been one of my most enjoyable tasks every undertaken.

Pros

The interface is very light on the eyes. I didn't have to struggle to much to get acquainted to the workflow and understand how to apply all the tools and features I needed to be productive. I also like that it is equally competent in working on existing material, as well as creating from scratch.

Cons

I honestly do not have any complains about the software. It has been a life saver for me and my project.

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

Paint had been the only 'graphics' software I had ever used -- for very basic visual creations. There was no way it could have serve the use for which I needed CorelDraw

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Eventually, CorelDraw was just simpler to grasp after I had spent a day watching tutorial videos on how to use all of them, and had tried my hands on creating my first designs.
Iqra Z.

Best and Professional Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

I am using CorelDRAW since 2009 and I am really satisfied and happy with CorelDRAW. Sometimes I design vectors for my business in CorelDRAW and sometimes I edit my images also in this software. I have created a number of brochures designs in CorelDRAW. All panels and tools are awesome. So the software is really incredible.

Pros

CorelDRAW allows you to design a professional vector illustration. You can edit your photos from scratch to the advanced level in CorelDRAW. The tools are very professional and the interface of the software is really easy to use and understand. You can create professional artwork according to your business requirements.

Cons

As I said, I am using the software since 2009, so I never faced any issue or problem in any version of CorelDRAW. For me, every version of the software is really awesome.

Tyler B.

My preferred choice for design

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Great experience designing everything from documents, to posters, logos, and more

Pros

I know that everyone else in the world uses the Adobe suite of programs from graphic design, but I've been using CorelDraw for years and find it infinitely preferable. The layout of the program and the way various tools work I find to be much more straight forward and intuitive. What I can do in InDesign or Illustrator I can usually do in half the time, in Corel Draw.

Cons

The con with the software is it is not ubiquitous in the industry. If you're working with an organization or a design firm the standard is always Adobe. So unless you're just doing freelance work, and your clients don't have a program preference, you'll probably have to become proficient in additional software.

CorelDraw is the best graphic design program available!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

CorelDRAW is a brilliant program that I use for every advert graphic that I need to do for my online business. I utilize this program daily and cannot live without it. This product is truly exceptional.

Pros

This is a useful asset with regards to laying out plans, text and pictures. Everythig can be done within CorelDraw which is incredible and saves a ton of time. I have used this program for a few of my businesses and just love the ease of us This is my go to program and could not use anything else. I also like that there are loads of easy to follow tutorials to help us.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about this program only that it takes a bit of time to get used. It is a bit behind it's competitors though.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than Illustrator for in house work

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Manipulating images for various media is criticial - images for posters, emails, flyers, display screens etc all need different aspect ratios. We can easily resize, rearrange to optimize for each platform - switching from landscape to portrait - while keeping the look and feel consistent

Pros

The powerful ability to edit all types of images is amazing. I find it much more intuitive and easier to use than Illustrator.

Cons

Does not play nicely with other products. Exporting to/importing from Adobe creates/removes layers/outlines etc.

Adobe Illustrator

ease of use
  • Industry: Textiles

Corel Draw-The Drawing Master

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Being a graphic designer other than the professional textile job I used much graphic design software which of them CorelDRAW in my favourite. It's easy to use for my youtube channel thumbnails and facebooks ads. you can find many already designed templates in vectors files and make changes as per you own very easily. it's easy to learn and use. Everyone can you it easily. I recommend it to many freelancers because they can make easily their gigs, thumbnails, Facebook post, cover pages and ads easily with it. you will love it.

Pros

CorelDRAW has very special value in graphic designing. It's a lightweight software that doesn't need much hardware to install and run. Easy to use and great in design making. The most useful feature of CorelDRAW is that its vector supporting software. Vector has a strong value in graphic designing. So I like the most vector designs.

Cons

The only lack in Corel draws in resolution. Corel Draw reduces the image size but affects its pixels, which makes image quality low.

Varun J.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Best for designing almost anything...

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

I am happy to use Coreldraw and I will definitely recommend this. It is a part of business / life now and we consider it as a earning partner. We design - print and sell almost anything.

Pros

I have been using Corel from more than 3 years and I must admit that this is the best software for anyone who is into designing and printing industry. We rely on Corel for all our designing / drawing needs and it never failed us till date. One needs to understand it thoroughly / the way it works and after that everything is a piece of cake.

Cons

It can be complicated for beginners but that how everything / any newbie is.

Bukola S.

Everyones favorite drawing tool.

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Pros

Very intuitive user interface and the first drawing design tool I learned to use.
Provides me every feature I need to create impressive ,quality drawings. It has particularly been useful when I need to create logos or any other vector based drawings. I leverage on Corels SHAPE TOOL to correct any errors and shortcomings in my drawings using nodes. I also like Corels text tool for their typographic quality , allowing me play around with texts..

Cons

Has a long learning curve ,it takes continuous practice and updating of ones repertoire to become an advanced user of this tool.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Corel Draw Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

This is great for me as a small business to be able to do in-house advertising by myself.

Pros

I like the versatility of this product and all the features it provides. Price point is perfect for what you get.
The resource for support are excellent. I like the feature to be able to modify Adobe products in Corel.

Cons

Products need to be accepted more widely in the advertising and media industries

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Price was a big factor in my decision and the amount of features
Edgar R.

It is the easiest to use professional graphic design tool, it is one of the best

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

It has allowed me to prepare poster for congresses and the edition of books in publications of the electoral field

Pros

the best the vectorization system, is very precise and presents a great variety of options for the automatic digitalization, the program in general is very simple to use and the help system located to the left of the work window is excellent

Cons

it is very slow working with heavy files, in the edition of books it is very uncomfortable to work if you have more than 100 pages, this is a detail that is necessary to correct

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My Experience On CorelDRAW

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

I am an undergraduate Engineering student and I have to draw many designs which is related to my academic stuff. So this corelDRAW software provides me the opportunity for doing the drawings well in a professional way. It is very easy ti handle. So I highly recommend anyone to use this software. Thank You.

Pros

I am an undergraduate Engineering student. So in my academic stuff I have to draw some drawings related to my designs. This CorelDRAW software gives me a good platform to complete my drawings well because it is very easy to handle and also I have all the requirements to do my drawing well.

Cons

I am using this corelDRAW software for more than two years but I did not get any problem when I am using this.

Corel Draw really is kind of a swiss army knife in graphics.

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

I have been working for more than 20 years now with this software through several updates and upgrades. Without Corel Draw I would have had to learn more inconvenient programs which by the way don't offer better end results.

Pros

Corel Draw gives you the opportunity to create high-quality graphics content at a reasonable price. The software supports industry standard outputs of data for web development standard offset print products up to large format digital printing data.
I have not seen another piece of software that has a working area similar to Corel Draw.
Perfect for sign-making.

Cons

I am working with Corel Draw since version 3 and must say I didn't find a negative aspect in all the years. When it came to a complaint by my side i often had to admit that it was simply a user error.
On the other hand updates to fix bugs and errors were always done precisely by the software manufacturer.

• Industry: Music
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Although i just explored the tip of the iceberg i am completely satisfied.

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

When i have to complex music scores, conventional scorewriters can reach their limits and i need to switch to a graphic software.
While CorelDRAW comes with quite a price, it turned out to be a stable and reliant solution for me. It really manages well to not overwhelm you with the loads of features it contains, and i found my way around it very fast.

Pros

Very lucid structure of all the tools and functions.
Broad variety of preinstalled typographic styles.
Compatible with all the standard image formats.

Cons

The only thing i could notice until now is, that CorelDRAW has rather high demands on your computer. With my mediocre laptop it tends to demand all the computing power of my laptop and at times isn't working flawless anymore. Though this obviously is a problem with my equipment, i don't have those problems with similar products...

Peter B.
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Used for 1+ year

CorellDraw is a jack of all trades

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

For certain integrated type projects where no one component of the Adobe suite will do it all, CorelDraw is a nice option as you can work a bit faster.

Pros

The CorelDraw that you remember from elementary school is all grown up and should not be overlooked! CorelDraw is a 'Jack of all trades' that can do the tasks of photoshop, illustrator, and indesign in one convenient application! For certain projects I have found this to be very convenient and increase my efficiency and workflow

Cons

If you are used to using Adobe you will need to learn a few new shortcuts etc. that aren't as intuitive as I would have liked. Like all graphics and photo editors it is a bit of a resource hog, so be sure that your computer has the horsepower to run it smoothly. Lastly, CorelDraw suffers from the problem of all "Jack of all trades" type software; CorelDraw winds up being "a master of none". This makes CorelDraw reasonably flexible, but for specific tasks the Adobe suite (photoshop, illustrator, indesign) are still king.