ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

ESET Endpoint Security

4.7 (1,138)
Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

(1,138)

André
André
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Reliable and with a good viruses database

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Very good experience, updated database, excelent real time protection, even against bots, ransomwares, I did not have any kind of security problem using this software.

Pros

The viruses database is one of the most complete and updated of the market, did not have any kind of problem using the real time protection, even on the most critical scenarios and new viruses.

Cons

The price compared with the other peers are not so good, and the deployment through a network is not so easy.

Josh

Absolute top quality product & on par with business-grade Microsoft 365 Defender

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Both our own company and our customers have been using the product for many years with very little problems. Microsoft have caught up now with their latest 365 Defender offerings, but I wouldn't necessarily choose one over the other in terms of performance. Deployment of the Microsoft product is more straight forward, so if ESET can improve in this area they will be on to a clear winner.

Pros

ESET doesn't hog system resources and idles seamlessly in the background. Definition updates are released very regularly and if any infections are found users are notified in a very clear manner.

Cons

The cloud management which can be attached to this software is poor in terms of user interface design, which makes it less appealing for companies looking to deploy it in this manner.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your loyalty to ESET, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on our product. We're glad to hear that you've been using ESET for years and that you find our software suite reliable. We constantly aim to improve our products and are happy to know that some specific features are normally added soon after.
Thank you again for choosing ESET as your security provider and we hope you'll continue to do so in the future.

Jose Mateo
  • Industry: Food Production

ESET Endpoint Security and how useful it is for safeguarding computer hardware.

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security offers strong defense against malware, viruses, and other security threats. It also offers a wide range of remote administration capabilities to make it easier to manage security across a variety of devices. Additionally, the platform may be completely customized and works well with various security programs.

Cons

Some users may find ESET Endpoint Security's configuration and customization to be challenging, which can make first use challenging. Additionally, some users have mentioned performance problems and challenges with interoperability with other apps. Comparing ESET's pricing plans to those of other security products on the market, some businesses may find them to be prohibitively expensive.

Response from ESET

We are truly sorry ESET did not meet your expectations but would like to thank you for trying and sharing your feedback.

Mariusz

A very good antivirus program with a built-in firewall

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Pros

Fast operation, does not burden the computer, high efficiency, easy to configure.

Cons

Basically, I didn't notice any weak points

Response from ESET

Hi Mariusz, Thank you for your kind words,
ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

ugwu
ugwu

Mainstream eset endpoint reviews

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

It's Being a good experience as sucurity of our database is important to our operations

Pros

It's easy to use and has a good user experience when navigating within its space

Cons

It collect database from it user's without promoting the user

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

To compliment our safety of operations

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

It's has strong shield base over others, and the navigation of its user is friendly

Response from ESET

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Tércio
Tércio
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One of the best antivirus

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I have been using Eset for over 3 years now and I've no complaints. It has many security features, such as network, email and spam protection. You can schedule scans as per your need, very flexible.
You can easily order a trial license so you can test it out.

Pros

Not so many false-positives, it offers a good variety of useful reports. The UI is clean and easy to follow, very intuitive.
Despite the extensive security features, it does not require too much configuration.

Cons

Fortunately, I've no complaints so far. I once had an issue with the license but it was quickly resolved by contacting the support team. There are cheaper options out there in the market, but it really worth its price for what it offers.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A good Endpoint Security Solution which is lesser known.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Over all we were very satisfied with Eset Endpoint Security, it is great product for the price.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a relatively light weight software in comparison to other market leading brands. it is quite robust and provides support to legacy operating systems which other solutions have stopped supporting.

Cons

Their Local partner support could improve a bit, other than that no issues were faced. I am very much satisfied with the solution.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Relatively lower operating costs, being a light weight solution and support of legacy operating systems tilted our decision in favor of Eset Endpoint Security's.
maria mercedes
maria mercedes
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Versatile protection for our computers

Reviewed on 26/02/2023

Eset does a fantastic job protecting our business, we have it in several computers, it blocked countless threats, viruses and attempts to enter our systems, without compromising the performance.

Pros

It amazes me, even not being a tech person, how well Eset works

Cons

Nothing really, I have no complains, it does what it promises and I think even better

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Sami Group of Companies IT Manager ESET Review

Reviewed on 30/09/2022

Am safe when i use eset because its security is true and completfully.

Am safe when i use eset because its security is true and completfully.

Pros

I like eset beacause its easy to use i like the way its block spam and malware.

Cons

I like when it block laa spam and malware.

Response from ESET

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review.

Daniel
Daniel

Lightest AV. Big Protection.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

The biggest benefit was the encryption for my medical and accounting clients that they can encrypt files across flash drives and the NAS that can only be seen by other computers that have the same ESET encryption key. Taking Compliance To The Next Level.

Pros

The Software doesn't Slow Down ANY COMPUTER, but still has all the features. Also it has the best encryption features I have found. I think it is their best selling point that isn't talked about enough.

Cons

Setting it up for resell was really a pain in the butt.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

For older computer there is nothing better than ESET Endpoint, but they have better encryption compared to everyone.
Mark

Solid endpoint solution for less

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Got offered to potentially work with and use and the reporting and alerts features I really enjoyed the ease of overall use.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A mix of the great pricing and reporting and great conversations with the sales rep lead us to make that final decision.
Craig
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Eset for centralized antimalware management

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

Pros

It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

Cons

The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Symantec was letting too much malware through.

Best centralized management
nigel

Feature Rich! Security at its best

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

It is doing a good job of antivirus protection and filtering. It is also more customizable than I have tried.

Pros

This software detected other networks on my machine. IT was good to have that information to resolve some interesting errors.

Cons

I had to set the firewall for a foreign country that is headquarters. This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet.

The ESET ran better MAC

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Initially tried the free trial. I just like the screens too.
Marcel

Fast and reliable

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Pros

I use ESET Endpoint Security for a number of years and am very pleased. It's fast, takes up little system memory and is constantly equipped with even better engines and options. ESET LiveGrid is a great option. ESET live grid is a system that collects information from vulnerabilities and potential threats around the world. When this is enabled, the antivirus program, working with Eset Live Grid, can detect and remove the most recently found threats from the system.

Cons

In a business environment, you cannot verify that all systems are running a version of ESET. This should be possible so that you protect all systems and do not skip one.

Harmony Email & Collaboration

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

We keep monitoring the advantages of both products.
Binoy
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Solid security offered for the asking price, but could be more aesthetically pleasing

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

I think it's mixed. It wasn't always pleasant and I had to switch to other antivirus programs.

Pros

I have used a lot of antivirus software in quite a few systems with varying specifications and I can tell that Eset is at least not resource hogging as Norton. This was the reason I switched to Eset at first. But I found better software later.

Cons

Though it is faster than Norton and doesn't use as much resources, there are better one's out there.
Though this happened in the Windows XP era, Eset still couldn't protect my pc all those years back when I made the switch from Norton.
Another thing I don't like is the very 'plain' UI. Not very aesthetically pleasing.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

I got a better deal, a coupon code that offered a high discount. And it was recommended by my uncle.
Edgar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A software that really helps

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

ESET has definitely been a very useful tool for us. Its light client is really light, it does not affect the performance of the computers in a drastic or noticeable way, you do not have to worry that your computer is slow and you do not know if it is because OS updated or if it is the antivirus that makes it slow. With closed eyes I stay with ESET and I recommend it.

Pros

When you are a small company, many times, if not always, you force yourself to look for elements or things that work and that fit your budget and that really HELP you in your daily operation, that is why we usually search and try, search and try , and one day we found this tool: ESET. The big antivirus software developer houses already existed, they were the best known and at the same time the ones that established market prices, and surely for this reason, ESET, not having the recognition that those companies had, was not a tool that demanded a considerable budget (and I'm still talking about small companies, micro companies), so we gave ourselves the opportunity to get to know ESET.

Once we had already used antivirus from those prestigious brands, we knew what to expect from them and of course, thinking that it was what existed in the market, we had to assume that this is what had to be used, those heavy software that slowed down your computer, and you had to put up with it because we wanted to be protected and we trusted that those tools were protecting us.

I must confess that we knew about ESET through colleagues who also had the need to look for efficient, functional and safe tools, so we did the software test, the result: the perfect solution for our needs. And the needs were and still are very simple: software that protects, software that is easy to use, and software that does not affect the performance of the computer. ESET is the good one.

Cons

I can't talk about things that I don't like about ESET because this tool has been really useful and has served its purpose and I could say that it is not needed anymore. It is understood that the graphical interface with the user is simpler, less unnecessary functionalities than that of other antiviruses, but I don't see it as something negative. I hope that they continue to maintain the same quality and safety, and proce that they have offered to this day without their heads going through the roof.

Mark

ESET Offers Industry Leader Protection

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Overall ESET has offered good training and excellent functionality. I really hope they focus on competing with web interfaces such as Carbon Black.

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security offers the very best protection out of any of the products I've tested. CISA and Homeland Security often mention ESET's protection of various threats and has been this way for many years.

Cons

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, ESET offered a much better local administration and deployment server. The current local or remote web based management sucks in comparison. ESET really should invest in re-working their management completely focusing on ease of use and configuration as I think it is the primary reason people would switch away from them. If you are willing to spend some time with this product, it really is excellent.

Carol

ESET offers comprehensive defense against many threats

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

ESET helps keep our computers safe from potential threats such as phishing attacks, viruses, or malware. It offers continuous monitoring and blocks suspicious files. It is quick to scan and provide alerts on time to prevent infections. However, computers with low storage and RAM might be a bit slow.

Pros

ESET offers a full set of security measures from firewall protection, real-time monitoring, web filtering. Even if it lacks VPN, it offers reliable security to prevent attacks from viruses and other malicious programs. It promptly blocks any suspected threats and alerts you especially before downloading potentially dangerous files from untrusted sources.

Cons

New users need to learn about setting up settings before they can change settings as required. It could slow down old devices with low RAM and storage. I also feel that they should consider adding a VPN to allow users browse anonymously.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your 5-star review of ESET! 🌟 We're delighted to hear that you appreciate our comprehensive defense against threats, including firewall protection, real-time monitoring, and web filtering. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll certainly take your suggestions into consideration. We're here to keep your computers safe and secure, and we're thrilled to have you as a satisfied customer!

Darina
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

It is best to be safe

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Pros

To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

Cons

there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

ukasz
ukasz
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Protect your endpoints with ease

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Overall its a great Endpoint protection software, perfect for small and big companys. If have a lot of endpoints I definitely suggest to set a ESET PROTECT console for managing your infrastructure. The feature to block websites and usb deviced is really usefull and easy to configure like all the program is.

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Eset Endpoint Security, its super easy to find any option you are looking for. You don't need to be IT specialist to work with it without problems.

Cons

Sometimes there are server connection problems, but ususally they are quickly solved.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus

Response from ESET

We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Total protection and maximum productivity

Reviewed on 15/08/2022

ESET Endpoint Security is a very comprehensive protection tool. Its startup panel gives you a quick overview of the device count, the number of detected threats and a threat trend line.

Pros

It is an easy-to-configure platform and is seamlessly managed from a unified cloud-based console. It takes up very little computing resources and computers are not slowed down in its operation. It is highly effective in detecting and blocking suspicious processes that may turn out to be ransomware. It has the ability to run memory scans in search of malicious attacks. ESET's support team responds effectively and in a short period of time.

Cons

The only thing that so far I think should be considered is that compared to similar platforms, its cost is considerably high.

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your cybersecurity solution, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that our software is meeting your needs and that you are finding it to be a smooth integration process to provide you with peace of mind. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Vincenzo
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A Warranty

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

The overall experience is very positive. I was easily able to configure all my colleagues' PCs by disabling all user functions and managing all services remotely.

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security is a very reliable system and very easy to use. Administrators have no difficulty in both configuration and deployment.

Cons

From my experience as a system administrator, the product does not have any type of difficulty or critical issue.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Response from ESET

Thank you for your positive review of ESET Endpoint Security! We're thrilled to hear that you find it reliable and user-friendly and that it has made your job as a system administrator a breeze. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy using our product.

Riaan
  • Industry: Insurance

Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Pros

The end point security and the handling of security matters. Our system are secure and ensure up to date security enhancements. Easy deployment

Cons

Sometimes cause web sites not to open and causes some programs not to update

Response from ESET

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that ESET Endpoint Security has provided you with reliable and up-to-date security for your systems. We understand the occasional issues you mentioned and appreciate your patience. If you ever need assistance with those specific challenges, our support team is here to help. We're thrilled to have you as a satisfied customer!

An adaptable anti-virus that can be customised for each device it is on

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

I have used ESET for several years and have generally been very happy with it. The main issues I have had with it are related to updating the software or installation of it where it occasionally fails to do so automatically via the various tasks referenced in Pros thus resulting in manual intervention being required.
The admin portal could do with an update as it seems mildly dated and some of the features are needlessly difficult to modify - triggers on certain tasks for instance do not seem to be able to be edited, instead they must be deleted and re-created.

Pros

Easy to set up tasks for specific groups
Can set up dynamic groups to facilitate running of certain tasks e.g. GPO installs eset agent, eset detects client with agent but no AV, adds to "No AV" dynamic group, task runs that installs AV, ESET detects AV installed but not activated, adds to "AV not activated" dynamic group, task runs that activates AV, ESET detects out of date database, adds to AV out of date dynamic group, task updates AV, etc.
Support are very quick to respond and are able to provide comprehensive guides on features.

Cons

Sometimes tasks fail for no detectable reason and the only way to fix is to manually run the task. This can be time consuming.
Some viruses are not removed by ESET, this results in the need to run a script to delete the offending files.

Diego Luis

A state-of-the-art security tool

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

My experience has been excellent, especially since I have an extremely reliable security tool, due to the work I do on a daily basis with my PC. One of the things that I like the most is that I have been able to block and detect threats that apparently other antiviruses could not.

Pros

Reliability
robust
always up to date
Sandboxing
0 day
can be custom configured with some ease
Detect threats others don't
It is very fast
It does not consume so many resources, or at least on my PC it works perfectly, without interference with other applications when it works in the background

Cons

It requires a certain learning curve if you want to get the most out of the more personalized settings.

Norton AntiVirus

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your cybersecurity solution, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that our software is meeting your needs and providing you with peace of mind. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.