1,761 reviews
Ryan I.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great Software With Many Glitches for PC Version

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Our Church has been using ProPresenter since 2014 and overall it's been the best solution that meets most of our needs. However, it's not perfect and has given us quite a few headaches over the years. Hopefully in the future ProPresenter will be given it's own PC development department that will focus on Industry Standards that are common in the PC environment instead of trying to Port over from Mac.

Pros

ProPresenter is pretty great overall. It has so many abilities to allow our church to create custom presentations on the fly as will as prepare in advance. Love how easy it is to import songs, backgrounds, and bible references.

Cons

The PC version feels like a cheap port from the Mac version. It has many glitches when trying to export playlists. It also doesn't allow me to duplicate playlists easily. If I wanted to create a duplicate playlist to use as a template for another service, I have to export it then re-import it instead of just copy and paste like most standard PC software allows. When I do export a playlist, sometimes it never exports and if it does then items are missing or removed from the both the exported playlist and the original playlist.

Travis Y.
Industry: Media Production

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Sean L.

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

Pros

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

Cons

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Jeremy F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Jason H.
Industry: Music

PC vrs. Mac

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Overall, the program works. However, as I have found with my volunteers, I cannot trust them to do much within the program beyond the basics. I think they are capable, but the interface is not intuitive enough to trust them with it on their own.

Pros

I like that it is relatively dependable. I like that most of my volunteers can just click the next slide to actually run the program. I also like that it talks to other programs well enough, though I don't like having to pay for extra features like midi integration etc. I believe we paid enough for the program up front.

Cons

I have used mac pretty much my whole life. There are things that I love about it, and things that I just live with, as is the case with any operating system. However, the general consensus in the millennial worship community is that mac is the end-all for churches. And rightly so. With programs like Logic, Mainstage, Garageband, Imovie, Final Cut, etc. all under the $500 price range, it is easy to see why churches will dish out the cash for a mac when they begin shopping for high-end tech rather than sticking with free programs that can't perform as well or as reliably. The problem with Pro Presenter is that it was clearly not designed for someone who spends most of their time in "Apple World." The question is not, does PP run flawlessly on a mac, but does it feel like it should run on a mac. My answer is no. PP just feels like a program that was designed by programers, which is strange when you consider that it's primary function is to help in the realm of aesthetics. The volunteer nerds that I have running the software each week, which, I believe should represent about 80% of your clientele, do not have the ability to be trained effectively in PP because they are not working in the program enough. I can confidently say that the majority of the people actually running your program are not paid to do so, and have had little to no involvement in the design of the presentations that they control. I will continue my thoughts in the next section as I am out of space.

Galen T.

Perfect for our scenario

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

Pro Presenter has made our church services run so much smoother and allowed us to do things that would have cost exponentially more to do any other way. We adopted it long before I came 6 years ago and it is so vital to our workflow that I can't imagine working without it. I started learning simple things then dove in deeper as I got more comfortable. The video tutorials on their website are excellent and made it so easy to learn. Bang for your buck, you'll never find a better product

Pros

Pro Presenter is far and away the best multi-media presenter that I've ever used, and I've used a lot both hardware and software. Once you understand the logic behind it, it's very easy to setup and use. We've added several modules to it to customize it even more to our needs. It plays almost any media file, picture, audio or video and seamlessly integrates them. We use a lot of automation and it works spectacularly for us.

Cons

You have to get really nit picky to find real flaws with the software. There are a few features I'd love to see added and few foibly things to work around, but once you understand them, it works incredibly well.

Tammy K.
Industry: Religious Institutions

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Pros

ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Cons

There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

R.j. H.

Mostly pleased with ProPresenter for Mac, mostly not with Windows version

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Overall ProPresenter is a great product, and in spite of some minor issues--some of which have been computer & external hardware issues--I've been pleased with it.

Pros

We switched from EasyWorship, which worked pretty well but needed updating at the time. Since we decided to replace our antiquated Windows computer with a Mac, we opted for ProPresenter which several people recommended. We bought a campus license so we're also using it on a couple of Windows computers. I like ProPresenter's versatility and ease of use. It has a lot of great features, several of which I haven't even put to use. On our fast iMac it works really well.

Cons

Although our Windows computers supposedly meet the minimum requirements, ProPresenter's Windows version is painfully slow. Like, click to highlight a song and wait 3 seconds before it even highlights it. Even first executing ProPresenter is slow, and there's no "hour glass" to let you know it's in the process of turning on. It's common to wait at least 30 seconds before the logo even shows up. To be fair, I haven't called tech support about that yet. But they should at least display an hour glass to let you know something's happening. Also DVDs won't play in ProPresenter since Microsoft removed DVD support post-Windows 7.

On the Mac version I've reported a minor clunky design issue 2-3 times in the past couple of years but it hasn't yet been fixed: the song list & playlist "sliders." Clicking directly ON the slider doesn't work; you have to aim 1/8" to the left of it! It's a minor negative among dozens of awesome features.

I’ve found that ALL the output monitors/projectors have to be turned ON before ProPres is opened, otherwise it sometimes freezes up and I have to “force quit.” On more than one occasion the stage monitor has timed out/turned off between church services, but if I try to turn it back on without shutting down ProPres first, it gets confused on where to output. I suspect the HDMI distribution amplifier's "searching for monitors" is freaking it out.

PowerPoint/Keynote files don't play natively in ProPresenter, but there's a work-around.

Beau N.

Nothing Can Hold A Candle to Propresenter

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I’ve been using Propresenter since 2003 and from time to time have dabbled with other presentation software. In the end the usability and features of Propresenter has caused it to clearly stand head and shoulders above everything else. I’ve loved to see the software evolve and how Renewed Vision has listened to it’s users and made adjustments accordingly. Nothing else can hold a candle to Propresenter.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing about Propresenter. You can practically pick it up and begin to use it right away. There are fantastic tutorial videos that give you everything you need to know but there’s also a great community and support.

The other thing that I absolutely love is the expandability. In the beginning you may just need the basic functions but as your organization grows, Propresenter has all the tools needed to grow with you.

Cons

Honestly, most of the functions I have liked least about the software have been slowly weened out through out the year.

Joel A.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Exceptional value for the feature set

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

We have been using ProPresenter for over a decade and now have it as the main visual presentation software in eight rooms, ranging from 100 to 2100 seats. Our newest implementation involves a multi-screen output of simultaneous separate content to a on-stage TV and IMAG overlay via NDI with Alpha and to a confidence monitor at the rear of the room. And ProPresenter can do it! On a Mac mini, no less!
We love it so much that when presenters come with PowerPoint presentations, its common practice for us to import them into ProPresenter to make them easier to work with.

Pros

- A feature set that is perfect for churches and constantly evolving with the times.
- Unlimited site license and free download gives unparalleled value.
- A friendly and intuitive interface for the basics with intricate and power-packed features under the hood.
- Versatile enough to be the perfect choice for everything from conferences to funerals and church services to concerts, and also perfect for single screen, multiscreen or feeding into an IMAG system as an alpha overlay. Makes it easy to train staff and volunteers on one product across a wide variety of contexts.

Cons

- In depth features can become confusing and hard to find information on, especially when combining add-on modules for specific functionality.

Donald S.

Best decision I made

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

We have been using Propresenter since version 4. Each update makes me love this software even more. I recommend it to all my worship pastor friends.

Pros

ProPresenter was the best decision. It was easy to setup and very easy to use. The more time you spend using the more features you find that help make your worship service flow. The main reason I switched to ProPresenter was the stability of playing video clips. PP allows seamless integration of videos and other slides elements. I first bought a single license but quickly found that all areas need to be running PP. we now have a site license, this makes planning so much easier and seamless if we need to make a venue change for an event.

Cons

The initial setup took a little longer than expected due to adding songs.

Wesley D.

Propresenter

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

We love the Planning Center and SongSelect integrations.

Pros

Propresenter has a simple and intuitive user interface that serves all our churches’ presentation needs. This powerful software scales to fit the presentation needs of churches and business of all sizes. We are also very satisfied with Renewed Vision’s customer service.

Cons

We really feel that there must be a better way to do the stage display. It often crashes on us.

Deborah T.

Subi Church Experience with ProPresenter 6 in Perth Western Australia

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

It's reliable, cool, and convenient...I may have those 3 common problems but being aware of it I've just been working around them and I really should update my software ... so it's still a very pleasant experience overall!

Pros

The convenience of being able to have everything in just one high quality, professional-looking program is just such a blessing, i.e. pulling lyrics easily from the library, adding videos to a playlist, importing powerpoint slides etc. At my church, staff prepare ProPresenter ahead of the weekend, and then at the church services we have volunteers who serve as our ProPresenter Operator. We call that person a "Clicker" because their role literally involves just clicking from one thing to the next thing. It frees up the church staff to be with people, and it also allows lay-people a place to serve in a role like this which could potentially be really daunting but really isn't, because of the way ProPresenter is.

Cons

There are some limitations to the type of editing you can do, e.g. to an image. It is also a bit buggy but that could just be because we don't do software updates as often as we should!

3 common problems we have:
1. If there could be a crop function that would be helpful so I don't have to crop the image in another program before re-importing the image into ProPresenter.

2. On "Configure stage display" we have various profiles to choose from - but I can't seem to find a button anywhere to delete old profiles. We currently have something like 20 profiles which we don't use just because I don't know how to delete it.

3. Sometimes when I delete an item from the library, the item slides get deleted alright but the name gets kept and transferred over to the next item in the library... which means the whole library gets renamed to the name of the item that was originally in that order in the library.

Martin G.

Works well for lyrics

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Except for sync and videos it works great. Sadly, we use sync every week and I can't count the number of times our users have contacted me due to their struggles.

Pros

Setting up song lyrics and using in conjunction with Song Select works pretty well. We use the arrangement functionality for every song for the contemporary service. For traditional hymns we don't find arrangements necessary. It's nice to have the option when we need it and to not confuse those who don't need it. Our prior software would occasionally crash during a service, but we've never had that kind of issue with ProPresenter running on our Mac Minis. We really like using a stage display in addition to the regular output. Our team really appreciates it.

Cons

We often have trouble playing videos within ProPresenter. The audio sometimes cuts out or gets out of sync. The same video played on the same Mac with QuickTime or VLC works fine.

We subscribe to Cloud Sync and it often has problems. Sometimes it just won't sync things, and other times it syncs way too much (as evidenced in the log) and takes way too long. In addition, we often get errors while syncing talking about "another process has changed a file" and the choices offered to resolve it are confusing to most of our users.

Charles R.

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

ProPresenter has been a solid and dependable product that we've relied upon for many years now. The developers at Renewed Vision have kept the product up-to-date with regular patches, allowing the most up-to-date MacOS releases to be used soon after general availability. Overall, this is well-supported and reliable product.

Pros

ProPresenter manages to combine volunteer-friendly ease of use with depth of functionality to meet the needs of the most sophisticated church production environments. It has solid integration with the on-line services we use (Planning Center, CCLI SongSelect primarily), so weekly service preparation is made very efficient. Most importantly, we've experienced crash-free stability and high reliability in live services. The ability to purchase and install additional media such as new backgrounds and movie clips within ProPresenter has been helpful too.

Cons

The price of entry could be seen as a little steep for small church (Renewed Vision should consider a subscription scheme to attract new users to the platform). It would be nice if there were an elegant way to switch between using ProPresenter for worship lyrics and KeyNote for sermon slides and back again.

Ben S.

Almost Perfect!

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

It's been amazing to use, I chose it 5 years ago and would still choose it today.

Pros

utter simplicity, consistency, and lack of problems. I love so much the attention to detail and the obvious care that went into both creating and maintaining this software; I don't have issues with it, or at least very rarely. It's great!

Cons

I wish it were easier to integrate web content into a live presentation; that bothers me a little. And the slide editor could use a little more robustness and simplicity;

Casper G.

A long way to go

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

We want version 6 to as stable and well working as version 5, but with the features and design as version 6.

Pros

Sleek design, many opportunities for a more professional look of your show.

Cons

We upgraded from Propresenter 5 to 6, and that has been a struggle since. Our cloud storage doesn't work any longer. The song library is extremely slow in version 6. Drag and drop with mouse takes sometimes many attempts, to get it to react.
The design tool for making text arrangements/slides are pain in the a... Try to move a text a few pixel.... Everything moves of doesn't fit any longer. Oh dear I am all ready having a headache on its way, and that's is just for thinking how bad it is.
The support at propresenter had not resolved a single of our problems since we upgraded from version 5 to 6. Everytime we get in contact with them, it ends up at the same place as we began. Or we are promised that they will work on it and contact us later, we won't hear anything unless we write to them, and they tell after a year, that there is no news.

Andy B.

ProPresenter is an Industry Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

We use it in multiple venues for church services (including video venues). We also use it to feed the digital signage throughout our building.

Pros

I love the features that are present. The upgrades from Pro5 to Pro6 were amazing. The ability to connect with Planning Center, use arrangements and organize a service in a way that makes executing the service pretty straightforward is great! We also like taking advantage of the master/slave feature to have one machine launch content on different screens on our main stage (a backdrop screen and a TV for teaching).

Cons

There seems to be bugs that pop up, and they're pretty random. This is mostly when creating a service. Running a service is usually very smooth. For example, Planning Center connection acts like it's not signed in, but it had been then randomly stop. You have to hit "Logout" and then log back in for it to work. Also, there are some songs that act weird in Reflow Editing (fortunately there are a number of ways to do the same task). In Reflow, when you click somewhere to edit text, it keeps pushing the cursor to the end of the text. Again, this is only on certain songs and random. I also feel like there have been times recently when we'd make changes after our Thursday service in preparation for our Sunday service (which is slightly different), but when we turn things on Sunday morning, it has reverted back.

Zavier O.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Powerful, Professional Presentation Software

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

When I began using ProPresenter, I picked up very quickly on all the features it has available. More than are really necessary for our purposes. Everything about how easy it is to make our displays flow has dramatically improved the quality of our services. ESPECIALLY Planning Center Integration. Our band director arranges his songs in Planning Center to communicate with the band, then I can import his arrangements and details directly into ProPresenter as ready-built presentations and services. From there, constructing the rest of the service is super easy. Including being able to import Bible Verses directly from the built-in Bibles. Whenever I'm not personally able to run the presentation during service, the running portion is as easy as pressing the "space" bar as necessary. All of the setup is completed beforehand. Not to mention any important announcements can be quickly broadcast as necessary. (i.e. nursery announcements​...)

Pros

Integration with Planning Center, CCLI, built-in Bibles, PowerPoint, and more
Stage Display keeps the presenters informed about what's next, lyrics, notes, time, or anything else necessary to the service.
Control over every aspect of what's broadcast to the displays, how long a slide appears, any music cues that go along with it, videos, lyrics, animated backgrounds, and text, and more
A powerful slide editor allows for simply importing your own image or building one within ProPresenter
Building a service flow is intuitive. Individual service elements are built, then the service is arranged by dragging and dropping elements into the service flow. Including specific arrangements of songs.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve that prevented me from giving it 5 stars, but the wealth of tutorials​ and ease of access to these resources for improving your ProPresenter skill prevented me from giving 3 stars. Therefore, a solid 4 stars are earned.

Jordan C.

Intuitive and Versatile

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I think it's fantastic. Whether you need all the features or not, PP6 is intuitive and simple to use and leaves room to grow for most users - I know very few people or churches that even come close to needing more features than PP6 offers.

Pros

ProPresenter is incredibly intuitive. There are many features that I have not even had a need to use yet, but whenever I try to do something new, I am usually able to simply learn how to do it within the software - without resorting to tutorials, forums or customer support.

Cons

The display settings - they make perfect sense to me, but in trouble shooting for other team members, this seems to be the main thing that gets overlooked. 9 times out of 10, when someone calls me to help with this software, it has something to do with their display settings.

Eric O.

Reliable Solution for our Worship Services

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Pros

We've been using ProPresenter6 for Mac for at least 3 years now, and we love it. Having used different software over the years, this is my favorite. It's easy enough that I can teach someone the basic functions to run a presentation pretty easily, but advanced enough that we can do some really cool things.

For creating lyric slides, we're able to import new songs from CCLI, and create an manage templates for different looks pretty easily.

One of my favorite features is the communication module. We've used this to communicate to other computers via MIDI, and done things like automating slides, light cues, and audio and video.

Cons

The one thing that frustrates me about ProPresenter is the video library. Particularly organizing and tagging videos. It's simply not intuitive to use. We have different categories set up for backgrounds, announcements, or video clips. If you use the file menu to import a clip, you can't select where it goes from the prompt, it just goes in to whatever category is selected in the video bin, which may or may not be opened up. As a result we got a lot of videos loaded into the wrong categories and I have to do some sorting. It would so be nice to have default video settings for each category - rather than having to choose that for every individual video.

Ryan S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product well exceeds others!

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

We went from using PowerPoint to ProPresenter and the production value was night and day! Awesome to be able to have motion backgrounds and text or other media at the same time.

Pros

Full of features, and mostly intuitive to run. Love the layers and different effects you can customize to make the perfect presentation.

Cons

Some items are hard to remember where to find them. I'm sure that would get easier with consistent use but at first remembering which menu to select to get the effect or slide I wanted was challenging, but the customer service and YouTube tutorials helped along the way!

Brandon W.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Best display software available!

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

ProPresenter is hands down the best software for lyrics, image, video and scripture presentation out there! The additional modules make ProPresenter extereamly powerful and the the built in features like Stage Display, are life saving! The production world is all about reliability, ProPresenter is reliable and a product we can trust at our 4 campuses. Volunteers love it because it’s so easy to operate and as an admin, I love the felexability.

Pros

ProPresenter is very reliable and that’s what we need every time we start it up. The videos just have to play, the next lyric just has to come up, it just has to work and it does, every time!

Cons

Honestly, what I like least is that they dropped phone support, but I have been impressed with the chat support and have always had a faster response then when I called in.

Richard M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Need a single presentation solution or an entire campus-wide solution: ProPresenter

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

We use the product from welcoming to end of service for all our visual needs. Simple and robust solution allows us to communicate and inspire people from beginning to end.

Pros

ProPresenter is the most straight forward solution that allows the public presentation workflow that we rely on to function simply. From monitors with greetings and announcements around our building, alerting people to current needs (nursery, worker requests, etc...) to the service and presentation of slides and motion backgrounds during worship and preaching...the platform is very flexible.
To do most of the multi-screen presentations you need to upgrade to an auxiliary feature license which takes the solution into the higher priced category of products.
Integration into all primary social media and resource libraries for our venue is what we needed.

Cons

The only major drawback to the actual functionality of the product is the way it uses resources on the computer. It is very resource hungry and will push the limits of systems. However, that being said, it is worth it.
The financial side of the add-on features is another major consideration one has to think through when purchasing the product. If you are using one computer and one screen: out of the box functionality is there. If you need multi-screen, at a bare minimum, there is a license to purchase. Consider this in your budgeting when comparing to other solutions.

Jeff B.

ProPresenter

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

We use ProPresenter on our main stage for provide FOH media in a triple screen format, plus Stage Display for confidence feed. It is definitely the most robust and consistent product we've ever use for this purpose - we have never encountered a single software issue in the 4+ years we've been using ProPresenter

Pros

Ease of use, handles almost every type of media seamlessly

Cons

The user interface can be daunting for a first time user