PHP Point of Sale

Retail POS system that manages multiple store locations

4.5/5

305 Software options

Great sales and inventory tracking software

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Using PHP POS has really helped us save money hiring people to do some sort of work. The software does everything for us and we can manage and track every single thing that is happening in the store.

Pros

PHP point of sale is a great tool to have with amazing sales and inventory tracking, you can easily track everything in one place using this software. you can track customers, suppliers, sales, deliveries, price, reports, etc.

Their customer support is just great if you have any glitch they are always ready to provide support and they're never tired of doing this is so great for us.

Cons

If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache.
no detail video tutorial on how to use the software.

Chad R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great Affordable and Easy POS

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Pros

Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Cons

Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

Mari C.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond.

Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy.

I recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service.

Cons

Days to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days.

Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.

Liz M.

Excellent features for the price!

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Ability to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!

Pros

So easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver!
Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!

Cons

If somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!

Susan M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Greatest Value Point of Sale system anywhere!

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We are a small cooperative grocery store all run by volunteers. I am continually amazed at the functionality of this package and it is priced at a fraction of other POS systems. Most of all, the dedication of the owner, Chris Muench is amazing. I have called for support at all times of day and night, including weekends, and he is always there, cheerfully talking us through the solutions. We literally could not have grown this far without this software.

Pros

it is easy to use, stable, and gets the job done. It has way more functionality than we are using. Chris is always there for us and has helped us understand many of the intricacies. The low price is amazing. We could not have afforded the other products on the market.

Cons

The things we find lacking are the ability to integrate with a scale for the products that need to be weighed and a good "how to" manual so that we can easily learn how to use all of the functions that the software can perform.

Vladimir R.

Three years with this POS

Reviewed on 13/11/2016

I am glad and really thankful for rep this software and especially for his support, mostly initially. Very intuitive soft, easy to understand and operate. We are running for four places, integrated on one server. Incredibly easy to access virtually from any point of the world! I would say - one of the best soft I come across. There is some luck of reports, probably fixed on the version 15.0 didn't try. Otherwise - perfect.

Pros

Easy to understand and operate. Very mobile, one can reach it virtually from any where in the world.

Cons

Luck of reports and still confusing system of invoicing (sales in credit), luck of expiry date tracing

Vanessa M.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

We have been using PHP POS for a few years now. I could not be happier with it. It is very easy to use, has great functions and can be used for any type os business.
Their customer service is exceptional. After we had a break in and our computer stolen, they were able and willing to help us while we were in limbo and went above and beyond to get us back online. I cannot say enough great things :)
I cannot say enough great things about this POS. I have done my research and this is the only diverse POS I have come across.
Thank you for the past few years and many more to come.
Thank you for every over the past few years, and the years to come. I highly recipe

Clay B.

PHP pos best value

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

I have used PHP pos since it's inception and have never been disappointed. What I like is the developer never stops developing and so many new features have been added over the years. My search for a mobile pos that could easily incorporate scanning and credit cards without huge expenses has allowed us to continue to come back every year. If you are a small business wanting to get started quickly and economically this is the system you need.

Pros

Ease of setup and use. Great value.

Cons

Nothing

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

I started using PHP about 4 years ago. Very nice people to deal with. Great Price.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

Ease of use is great. I can do most everything I need to having a small retail store. Very simple format for training purposes. I don't have the internet version but it is great to be able to use it on a computer and not "have" to use it on a tablet.

Cons

There are always glitches when it comes to programming software but they do try to fix when there is a problem. The only problem I have would be the taxes averaging is not exact.

Isaac L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The most complete and Simple POS

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

I got this software for a client who had a couple of retail stores, he need something simple and something he could monitor from remote. And of course in his money range.

PHP Point of Sale did the trick, easy to install, It took a little bit of time to setup the products, but once done the client was happy and I had a done job.

Pros

Easy to install and a lot of options for different types of business

Cons

sometimes some of the menus u have to get used to because the don't explicitly say what is is for.

Valeska W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great value for service provided

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We apprecite having access to your service because it makes our job easier and lets us have different kind of reports to follow up on payments, clients and dates. We would definetely recommend it for a small business like ours.

Pros

The reports and that the items can be customized for access from employees and according to the firm's needs.

Cons

There are some items that don't really apply to us, but they're not an obstacle to create new type of payments or users.

• Industry: Sports

Used as POS system for a small retail operation (bike shop and bike fitting studio)

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Invoicing, bookkeeping, and inventory were made much better for us!

Pros

Just works. Software is robust, can be accessed from multiple computers within the organization. Any technical issues have been quickly resolved by support staff.

Cons

Upgrade options are expensive for the size of our business. Although we'd love to have it cloud-based, the cost cannot be justified for our size of an operation.

Christine D.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Perfect for our small business

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

Chris has been fantastic. He is always available for help and such quick response time. Php is one of the few pos programs that allows a customer account which is essential for our business. Also as we are a seasonal business they are very flexible with our season and I can't stress how important that is when it came to choosing a software. Thank you I will continue to recommend php.

Pros

Customer accounts

Cons

Some reports are limited it Chris seems to always find us a fix

Christian W.

Been with you guys for 5 years. Pretty happy with functionality and reliability.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

web based and can be accessed from my phone. I can check sales from any computer. clean and responsive UI.

Cons

some customization. I would like to be able to remove the ability for some employees to see how many of certain items are in stock when they make a sale. do not like the search bar for items, does narrow down results properly.

Qasim U.

PHP Point of Sale Review

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

Excellent Development with Easy Interaction With Interface along with Features as mentioned in the Software.

Cons

Reporting is main feature in every software, But PHP POS really gives a great feature along with enhancement for reports as well like Custom Reports, Tracking and other valuable reporting impressed me for purchasing it.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

a POS software a very reasonable price

Pros

Accessibility, you only need a web browser and a switch in order to have multiple POS in one location

Cons

Using barcodes in a high traffic environment sometimes can make the operation slow down a little, specially when you have a lot of product in a single transaction

Nate K.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Best POS system for your money. Very easy to integrate into existing business.

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

I spent countless hours searching for a straight forward POS system that made economical sense. After coming across a favorable review I decided to give PHP a try. I have nothing bad to say about PHP. What a great, user friendly system. The customer service is second to none. Anytime I've had an issue it's been resolved in a very timely manner. I will continue to not only use but also promote this product as long as I'm in business. Thank you for making my life easier.

Pros

Basic and straight forward. Priced much better than most. Excellent customer service

Joanne B.

It's easy to use. Inventory tracking is great but a bit hard to upload list of new items.

Reviewed on 21/04/2018

Pros

Easy to use for sales, customer tracking, inventory tracking. Software is reliable. Have not experienced crashed or lost of data in over 5 years of use.

Cons

A bit hard to upload new product list. Wish there's an easy way to do discounts instead of going through each product individually

Rudolph M.

Almost three years of usage and it continues to improve

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Cost, ease of use, flexibility, responsiveness

Pros

Continuous improvements are made. Customer requests are evaluated and often implemented. Bugs are fixed. Use is easy. Downloadable.

Cons

Could use purchasing upgrades and some more user customized reports in other areas and more importation to financial programs

Nicolas B.

Excellent service would recommend to anyone with small business.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

Easy to use and excellent platform with great customer service, any time I have needed help they have been there for me.

Cons

I can't find any cons at the moment, everything runs flawlessly but if I happen to think of anything I guess it's that the fees can be little high.

Carol P.

PHP Point of Sale is the best

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We have been using PHP Point of Sale for a couple of years. The customer service is the best!!! You get answers to your questions in no time at all. They have did minor custom tweeks for us.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. Employees have no trouble getting started. It is very straight forward.

Cons

The ability to correct errors.

Mickey Z.

We use this software for a very small retail inventory in a medical clinic.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

It makes it very easy to track sales for sales tax reporting. It is very user friendly. Sales dashboard is great!

Cons

Reporting functions for other inquiries are somewhat difficult. Sometimes trying to mine data is cumbersome. Recent change to supporting the cloud only version is difficult since we have the server based product. Will most likely be switching to cloud soon.

Response from PHP Point Of Sale

Hi, we do still support download version still!

Ahmed I.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Good app

Good pos

Pros

Easy to use.
Can work from phone.
Very fast and responsive.
Support touch.
Source code modifications

Cons

Very bad translation.
Scale doesn't support the default calculation method (weight*price).
Don't support units and units conversion.

Jake V.

Awesome support!

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Pros

The software is really well thought out with lots of useful features and functionality, it has the feel of a mature project that has been developed with care and attention to detail. The support is fantastic, the developer is extremely responsive and helpful and has even added customizations and extra functionality with no extra charge.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. PHP POS didn't quite sync with our woocommerce website at first, but the developer was really helpful and worked with us to resolve that problem quickly and easily.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

It has helped us track all sales transactions, maintain inventory records and generate reports easily and quickly.

Pros

This is one of the most simple softwares for small organizations. The customer support team is so friendly and quick. it is also very affordable and effective .

Cons

No major problem so far. it just simple and straightforward but majorly useful for start up businesses.