VistaCreate

Cloud-based graphic design, photo editing and animation tool

4.4/5

259 Software options

Adam G.

A nice and easy way to create social media posts

Reviewed on 21/11/2021

I use Crello quite often when I want to quickly create a social media post. Crello significantly decreases the amount of time needed to create a good looking post.

Pros

It is really intuitive and easy to use the software. Crello offers a great variety of templates to choose from, so you don't have to start from scratch when designing a post. Furthermore, it supports all popular social media sites (you can choose the size of your image to perfectly match the Facebook Cover, etc.). The UI is clean and simple, you can easily go back to your past projects, copy or edit them. Everything is automatically saved, so you don't have to worry that you will lose something.

Cons

I wish there were more templates to choose from, the number of templates depends on the popularity of the niche you're in, and some of them are quite lacking when it comes to templates. Furthermore, sometimes it is hard to edit something if there are multiple layers already in a design, you have to redo the layering if you want to change something that's on the lowest layer. Furthermore, the placement of some of the options is a bit tricky to grasp when first using the software.

Response from VistaCreate

Hi Adam! Layering logic of the designs on the artboard is quite simple, however, we will be moving forward with improving the layering functionality. There are dozens of new templates added daily and our goal is to multiple the existing quantity of our templates by several time.

Denitsa S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good alternative to Canva

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Overall, Crello is a great image editing tool. It makes video and image editing a piece of cake. Overall, it's a good choice for a small marketing team, or for personal usage.

Pros

- Cost-efficient video and image editing alternative to Canva
- It has a very nice and user-friendly mobile app
- A variety of free, professional-looking templates
- Music, stock photos and videos available

Cons

- It often lags, and image editing can become a nightmare

Response from Crello

Thank you for the review. We're glad to hear you like Crello. We recommend using a browser updated to the latest version for the best Crello performance.

Rodrigo C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

One of the best tools for social media images and videos, with monthly stock photos included

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

We use Crello to create the images and media accompanying our social media posts and blog posts. There are many similar tools available, but we realized most of our time was spent finding the right image to use. Having 5 stock photos per month already included in our plan makes it easier for us to just search through the whole photos catalog and pick a few alternatives without worrying about the price. We are a small team so we didn't really need brand guides or brand asset management in our design tool.

Pros

Crello is incredibly easy to use and includes thousands of great templates for things like social media posts, flyers and even business cards. But what sets it apart from similar tools is that you can easily create videos for social media stories or posts with great video templates. The new Advanced subscription also gives you 5 paid stock photos (from DepositPhotos) per month, which for us really made the price worth it.

Cons

The interface might seem clunky compared to other tools that are more refined in terms of design. Navigating between sections could be easier, but once you are in design mode it is seamless and easy to use. Also, there's no way to manage brand assets like colors and typography like you get on Canva, and you have to get the Pro subscription to remove Crello branding from video.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to VistaCreate

The paid plan offered more value to us because we use this mainly to create media for social networks or blogs. Canva is a great tool but the pro plan is more geared toward bigger teams (managing brand assets there is great). However, as we are a very small team, we didn't need those features so we prefer having free stock photos instead.
Laura G.
  • Industry: Photography

Create Graphics in a Snap!

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Can't believe I didn't know about Crello until this year, it has made managing my social accounts and creating graphics so SO much easier. It's a huge time saver and such a great source of inspiration day in and day out!!

Pros

I love Crello mostly because of the no-fuss ease of use! Hands down the easiest way to create any, literally ANY style graphic for any and all type of social platforms as well as graphics for prints, e-books, business cards, posters, flyers, whatever you can dream, you can make it. Also the fact that there are never any hidden fees unlike some other graphics tools used in the past, which made you pay for extra elements used, once you sign up for an Advanced or Pro plan with Crello, you get access to a myriad of design elements in their library. That's it. All is there at your fingertips to use freely on your paid plans. I personally opted for a Pro plan as I manage various social accounts and create lots of graphics daily. Oh, you have loads and loads of your own design elements like fonts, backgrounds, patterns, images you'd like to use? Upload away and create to your heart's desire.

Cons

It could have been user error, but when I clicked on a project and went to pick a different design, it completely changed my project without the possibility of going back to the original.
In the e-book section, I don't like that it only gives you options to see designs for around 5- pages. But that's truly not a huge deal, as you can duplicate pages and page designs and keep on going.
The zoom option should be a bit more seamless instead of clicking the zoom button at the bottom, like a mouse scroll action of sorts.
Down the road I'd like to see a standalone app for Android and Mac, stepping away from using it in your web browser, but I know that's more in the realm of full software development. Just an idea. The Android app would be SUPER helpful though... Think about any and all social posts people make RIGHT ON their mobile devices!!
Very small things in the grand scheme of things, the software is pretty rad all in all.

Joseph K.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Graphic design made easy and very beginner friendly

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Crello is amazing, its the best tool for any beginner or anyone who does not have a budget to hire a pro graphic designer. With this tool you will have zero excuses as to why you're able to showcase your products in a beautiful well crafted poster or video.

Pros

I stumbled upon this gem as i was looking for a beginner friendly and easy to edit graphic design program and boy oh boy my experience has never been better. The ability to add team mates is a feature i like a lot i can also monitor and collaborate with them on any project. Every week Crello updates new templates, to me templates was the best selling point since i can easily edit it according to my needs i can also quickly search for a particular template or one geared towards a holiday/event, this makes me look like a real pro! The pro account is super loaded with premium photos and nice videos and some in HD which is something not so common when it comes to alternative software's. My small digital agency has acquired a professional look and appeal just because of Crello, whenever i post a poster or video people always wonder where i got my designing prowess but oh well its all Crello..

Cons

If they could add more African related content, photos and videos then this would be a complete tool, for now such content are not as many.

Response from Crello

Hi Joseph! We are pleased to hear such vivid and kind words about Crello,much appreciated! We tried to search African templates: https://crello.com/templates/all-formats/african/ and passed your feedback to our content team for them to consider adding more such content!

Richard S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Crello - Solid online visual design platform

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

I’ve struggled with design skills for years, but Crello has really helped me create some great visuals without any skill at all. The templates are easy to customize and my graphics always look professional no matter what.

Pros

Crello is an easy way to get professionally-made visuals without any design skills. I have been using it for a few years and find myself coming back again and again because of how accessible, intuitive, and comprehensive the platform is. It does everything you need from an online graphics platform with hundreds of templates for every social media channel imaginable.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negatives. It holds up well against other options (Canva etc) and the pricing and features are compairable.

Response from Crello

Hey Richard, we are glad to hear that Crello has helped you with developing your design skills!

Daniel T.

A absolute for Businesses that requires Designs

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Simply Great.

Pros

It is a cloud software. It has tons and tons of templates. I know how to use photoshop and used to use it alot. Nowaday I just use trello. Select the design that you like and just edit it. Pro version also has team sharing and premium images that I love. Images can be resize in almost an instant.

Cons

It does has limitations such as cannot put shadow or border on fonts and objects. No chinese characters. Sometimes a little buggy.

Benjamin H.

Pretty decent design tool for novice animator/videographer

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Overall, I still use Crello free version from time to time, because it allows me to quickly design and upload beautiful designs for my clients. As a former paid subscriber, I probably won't be reenrolling as a paid member unless Crello updates its contents to make me comeback. Until then, I'll be a paid member with Canva.

Pros

Crello is super easy to use even without any technical background. It allows novice designers to create beautiful​ contents for social media platforms, websites, and for any office-related documents (powerpoints, flyers, business cards, etc.). I've also used their premium function for video animation design, which is a big plus to stand out.

Cons

I was on paid monthly subscription​ but Crello's video/animation designs weren't very good for a couple of reasons​. 1. The templates are very limited so most people using this app/tool uploads the same contents. 2. Customizing on video/animation has very little room to play with, thus making the contents a little off topic. 3. Compared to Canva, graphics​ and icon selections are limited​ making the entire process much longer to finish. However, other than that I believe the ​free version of Crello is enough to do decent design work.

Arin W.

100% Better Than The Market Leader

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

The team is always looking to improve the product - I feel that they actually want feedback and they want to actively work on it. Crello is definitely my favourite tool for design online (I've tried a few), and I'm recommending it to all of my marketing friends!

Pros

You know the one I'm talking about. Everybody is using it, and it's obvious when they're using templates. This is no good for a company that offers graphic design as a service, even when we're using it for clients who don't pay bespoke prices. That's why I LOVE Crello. The templates don't look like templates. They're high quality and there's one for every occasion. Thank you Crello!

Cons

Initially I felt that paying customers didn't get enough assets for their money, however the new membership plans have totally rectified that issue. I love everything about Crello now! Amazing value for money.

Anna S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good and easy

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Easy to make posts for social media, emails and other small design products even without experience and special skills in design

Pros

Many cool templates, easy and user-friendly interface

Cons

no possibility to save brand colours, impossible to use designs, created on a computer, in mobile application

Yuri W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best product for the price

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Even though it has some shortcomings I think the product is really well for the small price. Use it daily and happy with it.

Pros

Easy to work with and good standard templates that will get you started. Works really fast and the price is just perfect.

Cons

The maximum length of videos could be longer. Also the maximum size of videos added is too small for me sometimes.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to VistaCreate

This was cheaper

Response from Crello

Hi Yuri!

We are pleased to hear you like Crello templates. As for the videos, the max video slide length is 5 minutes (300 seconds) plus you can create multi-frame videos with the total length as you prefer

Erica D.

I'm obsessed

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I wish I learned about this program sooner! What a change it's made in my work!

Pros

I have no idea how I did my job without Crello. It has made my life SO much easier. I use it for creating our social media visual content. I love that I can literally create a library of all of the materials I've created and easily access them when I need them. They have some AWESOME layouts, stock photos, and really eye catching graphics that helps us stand out.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about Crello. I don't know how I did my job before learning about the program. It's made my job easier!

• Industry: Media Production

Online image and social content creation made easy.

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

It took so much trouble to just post in text and when my word gets unnoticed due to just post, I lose so many clients. Now as I am using an attractive picture it is creating more leads for my startup.

Pros

After signing up it took 2min to create a LinkedIn background imager from the template. It is so fast. Every social platform and their picture measurement is listed here, so just click on the template and create a nice and pro looking template within 10 min. No more big software installation, and lots of money to buy it for just a few pieces of the social announcement. I can open a browser and start doing it even for free. All the attractive templates are professionally looking which makes my feed more attractive.

Cons

Sometimes browser stops responding (I am using an i3 machine with 6gb of ram) when using Firefox. When downloading an animated picture is preparing it took forever to code.. don't download. So I am just sticking with pictures.

Carmen L.

Quick and Easy Professional Designs

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Great! It’s easy to use, the predesigned templates are stunning and polished. When I did have a problem the response from Crello was quick and useful.

Pros

It’s allows me to create content that always looks professional, the Pro features have elevated my designs and allow me to post different graphics to my different digital channels.

Cons

The bugs that occur now and then, and I create content mostly for NGO’s and NPO’s- more designs and design elements geared towards those sectors (I.e. Health holidays) would be great.

Kristen C.

Crello is my go to for all my image designs! Simple and quick to use!

Reviewed on 11/07/2021

I love Crello! It’s great for all my designs and I’ve even made some great logos with it! I use it often and would definitely recommend it!

Pros

I love the templates! They have a huge amount of them for almost any topic or occasion I can think of. Also I am very happy with the customer support. If I have a question they respond to me fast and with a helpful answer too!

Cons

Does not show the size of an object in pixels on the canvas. But that’s ok because it clearly shows the size of the project itself.

Response from Crello

Hi Kristen, we are delighted to hear such a warm words about Crello! By the way, we are testing a new feature-soon our users will be able to see the size of the objects in pixels and the distance between elements in the design

Shukurah J.

Crello review

Reviewed on 04/07/2021

Crello was a brilliant elective when i searched for another choice for canva, because of the expense. Offers portable application,web and probabilty to separate activities into envelopes. It ensures a decent setting aside of time and cash

Pros

It is easy to use and now available on mobile, once you download the app in your phone, you can start designing. It has background removal tools

Cons

I found it difficult to add sound in the videos, which i feel it is not possible with d application. Sometimes it crashes and the plan doesn't go down

Response from Crello

Hi Shukurah, we are pleased to hear you like Crello! We will keep it up by adding new features and improvements!

Ben I.
  • Industry: Automotive

Very useful designing tool similar to Canva

Reviewed on 05/07/2020

Will continue to use the free version but we use Canva more frequently because of the user-friendly smartphone app.

Pros

First of all, Crello is a free designing tool (yes, there is a pro version). I enjoy this awesome designing tool for non-designers. I like Crello's ability to create great designs (social media, postcard, logo, etc.) and videos as well.

Cons

Compared to Canva, I think it lacks some features other than the video tool which is more useful than Canva. I tried the pro/paid version but I felt that it wasn't worth the price.

Great for Social Media Graphics

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Gets the job done.

Pros

Crello makes it very easy to create graphics for social media. The software is easy to use. Even if you aren’t a graphic designer (which I definitely am not), you can create a great looking graphic pretty easily.

Cons

More and more, the free version is becoming very limited. The more appealing templates and images require the paid account. Also, you are unable to “resize” graphics on the free account. For example, if you create a graphic for FB, you are unable to resize it for Twitter. You would have to pay for this feature.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Create any design like a pro

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

I started using Crello this week and love it. It's very easy to create social media posts for almost every network without being a design guru. I will still use other tools but Crello is making it very easy to create good-looking posts for our clients.

Pros

Crello has lots of great business templates, images and videos. This sets it apart from other apps. Usually, I have to create the "right" business designs, but Crello has lots of ready-made posts to use. This has saved me several hours.

Cons

Crello doesn't remove image backgrounds. However, I believe it's on their new features roadmap. I don't use this feature much but it's needed to be a very powerful app. This has been the only drawback so far.

Cesar A.

Crello is indispensable!

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Pros

Simple use
Premium content
Excellent features
Good support

Cons

Sometimes the platform goes through instabilities

Rony B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I really like it

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

I love it very much and I also tech people in Israel how to use it.
Very easy to use and new stuff every some time.

Pros

That it is very easy to use.
It's possible to write Hebrew and use Hebrew fonts.
I like the animation

Cons

Some important things are missing:
1. rtl text direction
2. define brand colors

Gulru E.

USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

I quite liked it and use often for amateur projects

Pros

it is a very powerful tool for people who don't have Adobe etc. It is very easy to use and meets most of my expectations.

Cons

the templates should be more and the categories should be expanded

• Industry: Telecommunications

Great app, but looking forward to see some improvements

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

I use this app everyday for content creation. Templates are pro looking and easy on the eyes. I love animated features, they help to create a really impressive content. However, search is a pain, there is no logic. I want to search by template type (Facebook post, Twitter post, LinkedIn cover), not industry. At least give two options. I would recommend this service for anyone looking for an easy way to create impressive designs.

Pros

Lot of great templates
Pro animations
Easy to use creation interface

Cons

Hard to find templates, search is not intuitive
Templates only for marketers (no resumes or more personal templates)
Small library of free content (photos)

Hamit D.
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Crello ad preparation was also very convenient for me

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

the web application. Now I can do everything easily

Pros

I found this product by chance in iPhone applications. I had a hard time preparing a post on the phone, then learned the web application. Now I can do everything easily

Cons

I had a hard time preparing an advertisement on the phone

Volodymyr V.

Solid template database, very usable tool

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Stunning my results with minimal effort, would recommend

Pros

This is by far the best visuals app I’ve used. It has thousands of templates and I can mix and match to create my own style and reflect the ideas needed for my blog and social media pages.
I love that the interface is so easy to work with and it does not require a lot of figuring out, unlike professional design software.
My designs look fantastic!

Cons

No way to share designs in batches, have to manually send every single one to my Facebook page