Coggle

Collaborative mind mapping & flow chart solution

4.6/5

Jared W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Slick and Powerful Mind Mapper

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Very nice program, with room for improvement as well. Even with its few faults, it is still an important part of the creative planning process for me.

Pros

This product is pretty easy to use, and has a short learning curve. Even the free version provides great functionality. I use this system to brainstorm project steps, develop employee hierarchies, and map out program areas for my company. I have used it to plan everything from multi-county projects to birthday parties. For visual learners and thinkers like me, it is an excellent tool.

Cons

A few usability suggestions. It would be nice to be able to expand and collapse complex branches with a button. It would also be nice to be able to bring expanded categories back into larger groups, instead of just getting more and more broken down. This would allow timeline style planning, which would be helpful as a project management tool.

Magda U.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 2+ years

A mind map for you

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

It is like working with a coloring pens and a paper to develop your ideas.

Pros

This software allows you to visualize your ideas in a very playful and colorful manner. There is a million of applications for it.

Cons

The free version is quite limited and also you need to accept for your project to be open to the public.

Best mind mapping tool used so far!!

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

Pros

Free plan suffice my need but the diagrams are made public
If workflow diagram is very big then we can save it in parts
Workflow diagrams can be shared on email ID’s and multiple people can work at the same time that is a great feature.
Export to pdf, image plain text easily.
Versioning support is a life saver we can go back to any version and save multiple versions

Cons

None as of now, suffices my need for free :)

Hendra P.

I use this for visualize my ideas and their relationship

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

I can share my ideas to my friend, collaborate with other.

Pros

Super easy. it was useful from the start. I can start using it right away. Even using it with mobile, it feels not so different compared to its web app. It is just flowing. Click here and there, drag, copy, paste, rename, move, just working.

Cons

Not a big deal, but a few times I found the node in mobile app was moving to the bottom far away from the center. I could just undo it, but still annoying.

Ric T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Really good web based mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Pros

Very easy to use, web based, modern look and feel, free version is pretty comprehensive. Can download into pdf format

Cons

Sometimes the functionality can get fiddly when the map gets quite complex , I'd like maybe more variations to the colours , fonts

David G.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Shareable Mindmaps for Life use and Work

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Thankful to have found this modern mind mapping app online.

Pros

I have always been a fan of organizing my brain using Mind maps (Thanks!). I have used several native applications using my PC and Mac for sever years. Now, I'm very happy to have found Coggle. All the features that I use from my native apps are now accessible to me via the Web Browser using any device. Now I can even use my smartphone to create or edit my mind maps.

Another feature that I like is the ability to share mind maps to other Google users. First, all my work gets automatically backed up via my Google account, and then i can also share the mind map to my colleagues or virtually anyone with a Google account. Collaboration and real-time updates has never been so easy and hassle free.

Cons

Some of my colleagues tell me that Coggle can get clunky or feel slow to respond when the mind map we were working on gets too big. I personally have. It experienced this and it may be due to their other running apps or hardware capabilities. I mention it here because it somehow affects our collaborative work. But other than that, I'm very pleased with Coggle.

Joseric M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Mindmapping our brains

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Pros

I use mindmaps for brainstorming sessions for business analysis and project management. Coggle is my favorite service to use! First of all, it works seamlessly with Google services, and so covers our sign-on and team drive integration. Sharing files is a no brainer because it so easy and its already saved/shared to the team via GTDrive.

The coolness factor and user experience is what made it click for the team. It just looks so cool (its animation of branch sprouting, the options loop, and esp its color scheme!). Simple and intuitive to use.

We use Coggle for collaborative work on the same mindmap (within the same war room in the office or together with those working from home).

Cons

Given that its a web app, it can't compare to the full-featured native apps available out there (e.g., themes, images, presentation, brainstorming mode). I find it still a bit difficult or cumbersome to use for presentations esp for big mindmaps, hard to collapse/focus branches.

Alberto nahum G.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Draw up your mind

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

I have used it since last year to sketch four academic articles. It is an initial phase of my writing, where I try to put all my ideas into a document. Now, with Coggle, this document is visual and interactive, because I can trace links between diagrams and parts of the "map".

Pros

-In the beginning, it seems like a difficult tool to use, but it is fairly easy. It did not take more than 10 minutes to get used to Coggle dynamics.
-This software has allowed structuring my academic articles much better. I have even created a stage for every article I write called "Coggling"; it comes before drafting. It helps me clarify the big picture of my ideas.

Cons

-While it is good for some articles, it is not the proper methodology for others. This is not a defect, just a limitation for me.
-I don't like that much how to collaborate between two persons using Coggle.

Carolyn V.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Coggle is a very useful collaborative tool for organizing projects & activites through...

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

Our infrastructure team uses coggle to help prioritize projects and to make it easy to delegate tasks and update each members of its progress. Coggle is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.

Cons

We have been using coggle for two years now and it has not presented any problem. If I do encounter any issue, I will definitely tell Coggle team. So far, it's great!

Adarsh R.
  • Used for 1+ year

Awesome mind-mapping software

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I've worked with mind-mapping software in the past (lucidcharts, insEYEte, mindmeister, etc.) and Coggle is a really solid platform. Easy to pick up and use, as solid integrations, and seems to perform better with every version! Awesome for quickly mapping out an idea and collaborating with co-workers.

Cons

I'd like to see more features/ways to visualize your nodes. Maybe a way to visualize nodes on a map like insEYEte or as a presentation like in MindMeister. But once again -- those are heavier packages so it might bog down the lightweight feel of coggle.

Vanilene rose M.

A software that can help you from day to day

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Pros

The only software I know when it. comes to mind mapping. The color scheme is also helpful when dealing with may ideas

Cons

The text field is a bit small. If there can only be a space for short notes, then this app is good to go

Functional mindmapping software

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Very great tool for organizing ideas.

Pros

Easy to create mindmaps that are colorful and simple to understand. Adding images, links, etc is simple.

Cons

Sometimes its difficult to place the branches exactly where I want them as the auto-place function takes over.

Excellent mind mapping software

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

I am just starting to use this awesome product. After a short while I fell in love with mind mapping served in this amazing form. Mind maps looks just great in this software, it's gonna be one of my favourite tools

Pros

Beautiful UX
Icons
usage of Markdown which make creating texts, lists, headers a pleasure
Structuring - folders
Simple shortkeys
Collaborative editing

Cons

Missing Advanced image options
Free version - only 3 private maps
Small problems in mobile view, I have to try mobile app

Leonardo D.

Awesome tool for mind mapping!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I am very happy using Coggle and I would totally recommend it to anyone who wants to create mind maps

Pros

It is very easy to use and has very beautiful colours for your mind mapping.

Cons

The free version is little bit restricted

Jennifer P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Presentations

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Pros

As a teacher, I direct students to. use this software to brainstorm and create connections between information.

Cons

As a teacher there is nothing that I see that I do not prefer at this time.

• Industry: Design

Make mindmapping easier

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

We used this application in a group to better understand and write down a design problem.

Pros

This is a very nice platform to make mindmaps. The big advantage is that I can work with others at the same time. It's easy to add loops and branches beetween content.

Cons

The product is unfortunately only available in a subscription per month. I didn't see the Black Friday promotion.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

mind map

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Pros

I started to make mind maps. I always did them on paper, but it works here very nice. I could export it to text. I'll never go back to paper.

Cons

So if you've got free money you could use this premium features. I like free software.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent Mind Mapping Software

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

Super easy to dive into using for basic mind maps - great for translating complex ideas into something that is visual and easy to understand

Cons

Very basic and can easily get visually overwhelming so best for basic tasks or items to translate into simplicity

Mandy O.

Easy to use with a beautiful result!

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Pros

Our Executive Team has been very impressed with the quality of Coggle's mind maps. As the power user, I find it extremely easy to create colorful and professional presentations to share.

Cons

When copying a previously made diagram, I sometimes lose track of where the copy went. This is very, very minor when considering the product overall.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great tool for home or business

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Very cool way to visualize projects, and very functional even with the free version.

Pros

I am a visual thinker, and it is so helpful to be able to lay out project thoughts and concepts in such a clear way. I am still using he free version, because it is so easy to use and functional that I haven't been tempted to purchase the paid version yet.

Cons

I would love to add multiple starting points on the same canvas.

Hope A.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Helpful Tool

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Coggle is a wonderful tool for my students to plan a project and to create diagrams or mind maps. It is super easy to use and free.

Pros

Coggle makes it easy for my students to create diagrams or mind maps. I like that they can share it with me. They can also share their project with others so they can collaborate. I also like that it's easy to use and you can sign in with Google!

Cons

There aren't very many templates available to choose from. This makes it more time consuming for my students to create a diagram if the templates don't go with what they are trying to accomplish.

Bella W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Coggle is a genius way to arrange your information

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Coggle is the best and brightest way to present even the most complex ideas.

Pros

Coggle has so many features and unique tools, the uses for this innovative software are endless. There is no better way to present your information than using Coggle's mind maps, flow charts, and diagrams to really get your point across.

Cons

Coggle is such a powerful tool, it's a shame there aren't more types of charts and diagrams available to use.

Alvaro M.

My collab mindmap for projects

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Pros

Collaborative. This is the best part of using Coggle. Brainstorming via teams is a breeze because each of our team members can use their own laptops and edit the same mindmap all at the same time. It's very easy to share mindmaps to other users, and it readily gets backed up in our Google Drive.

It's beautiful. I love the look of it. It looks and feels very organic and so the team loves using it (the minor animations, the circle action buttons, the color combinations, the UX UI) we just love it. And when team members love the tools, they most probably end us using it (and having fun doing so).

Cons

I find it difficult to use for Presentations (e.g., collapsing all branches, visibility/highlight of branches, etc). Perhaps it just needs a little getting used to, but I've tried other stand-alone mindmap applications which didn't feel too clunky for making presentations.

Matt A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Simple tool for mind-mapping... and maybe other things

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

As I said above, this is a surprisingly useful tool for creating escape rooms. Maybe there is a group of people and business owners there to market it to?

Pros

The tool is simple to use... within seconds you understand the concept of it and are able to get organized. I am currently using this to map out a plan for escape room. Obviously, not it's intended purpose... but surprisingly useful. I also appreciate the ability to bring in a team to work together on a project. Also helpful for creating an escape room with a team.

Cons

Some of the tools are not obvious. It took me a moment to see how to add additional branches to an box... simply right-click!

Mind-mapping tool of choice

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

I use Coggle to map out projects and ideas with multiple parts that I can't keep track of in a linear Google Doc. It's a great first step when I'm working out what exactly a project will entail, and I can add and move components more easily when it's represented in a non-linear mind map. This kind of visualization not only helps me, but my employer too - she is extremely right-brained and holistic in her thinking, so I NEED this kind of tool if I'm going to communicate with her effectively.

Pros

Coggle is simple and visually appealing. I like how it's flexible enough to meet whatever my needs are for a different project - I can keep it simple or make it extremely complex.

Cons

The features are great but can be hard to use. I'm constantly re-opening the Help menu so that I can figure out how to delete a branch, move a branch, add a new branch of the same level, etc. I might remember all the commands the more I use it, but I struggle with it (especially because "undo" is not the typical command-Z that I am used to).