Flipsnack

Create magazines, catalogs, brochures and other publications

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

182 Software options

Dan C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Text editor bug is a huge problem

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Awful customer service. Clearly outsourced oversees and with little knowledge of the product. No phone number available to call. Waste of time.

Pros

Very little. Basic functions work ok.

Cons

For weeks I have been going in circles with customer service having to prove that the view one sees in their EDITOR mode is different from the published mode. In short, the text box formatting has a bug and you cannot access the html to correct it.

I have sent them several screen shots of the two and the obvious discrepancy and I have been getting back lame answers, mainly blaming me. Today they admitted to the bug. But clearly others would have encountered an error simply caused by coping text boxes! Awful.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dan,

We're really sorry you had an unpleasant experience on our platform, but I can assure you we are doing the best we can in order to fix the issue that you are currently encountering.

We always try to help our customers the best we can, but it seems like we missed some details along the way regarding the issue you have encountered, and we are truly sorry about this.

Our main purpose is to help our customers reach their goals. While our team tried to investigate and even replicate this issue, we were unable to reproduce the same behavior on our end, regardless of how many times we tried.

In regards to this issue, I promise you that we are not going to overlook the inconvenience you have encountered or place the blame on you, but on the contrary, we are going to do the best we can in order to fix it and to make sure you have a great time on our platform.

Damian C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Tried the rest, but Flipsnack was the best for my business

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Allows me to share new products with my customers, as and when I launch them.

Pros

Ease of use and the fact that I can reuse the same code and have updated eBooks for my customers

Cons

I would like to see some of the extra features included in my package, without having to go premium. I am just a small business and enjoy the features of Flipsnack, as well as the practical uses.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Damian,

Thank you for your review! We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Brandi S.

I love FlipSnack!

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

It is so much better to view a newsletter in FLipsNack than just view a pdf and scroll.

Pros

Very easy to use and understand. I switched to this app because AnyFLip sucks.

Cons

I haven't found any dislikes as of yet.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Brandi, We are so happy that you are enjoying our features and that Flipsnack is the right platform for you. Thank you for your review!

Henry W.
  • Industry: Sports

Great for Events

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

It has been superb so far, easy to use and to send out to clients. Looks good and showcases our work perfectly.

Pros

It gives us an opportunity to move away from traditional print for items like programmes, saving us on costs while also providing a sleek, modern platform to showcase our events.

Cons

The security function should be available at all price points, but understandable that is tiered.

FlippingBook Publisher

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

One page view, but we were only on the free trial on the other platform.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Henry, We are so happy that you are enjoying a lot of our features and that Flipsnack is the right platform for you. We appreciate your kind words more than you know. Thank you!

Eduardo L.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Eduardo Lina: My review of Flipsnack

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

It is very good indeed. I have been using the product for the Six-Year Kugel High School for several years. The school management is quite happy with what I have created because it gives us the possibility of documenting lots of school activities in a way that neither Facebook nor the school site does. I have also used Flipsnack to document other learning activities. Flipsnack allows me to share them easily and have the contents organized the way I want to.

Pros

I like the different options for creating Digital books/ Brochures , etc. I find the new Flipsnach very easy and convenient to use when I create Digital Books in BOTH Hebrew and English. The same happened when I created Digital Books in Spanish with the old version a couple of years ago, too.

Cons

The uploading text feature for Hebrew needs improving. Since Hebrew is written right to left, I have to use the function that moves the text to the right so that sentences begin on the right part of a page. The problem, however, is that punctuation marks still appear as if the writing was done in English / Spanish, etc. (Latin Characters). Sentences that en in mid-line appear as if they were written from right to left. Appropriate fonts for Hebrew might be added, too. I guess the same applies for Arabic writing.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Eduardo,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review, and bringing the punctuation issue to light. We were unaware of this problem, but we'll see what we can do to fix it ASAP. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

Lara G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Happy with Flipsnack overall but few improvements suggested!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

I suscribed to Flipsnack as I had to create a project for my thesis in order to graduate from my Masters Degree. I'm really happy with the outcome and I'll really consider to use it back again in the future. I'd like to say that the customer service is excellent and I think they really take the critics seriously, as when I asked them for the improvements mentioned above, I was really shocked and happy they did truly include them!

Pros

Flipsnack is super easy to use, all the tools on both sides of the screen are clearly and well organized as well as nicely introduced. I love the fact that you can either upload your pdf and edit it online or create a whole project from 0. My favourite thing is that Flipsnack provides you with looots of different layouts to create your project (from magazines to photo albums to menus) and that is simply wonderful as it makes you look really pro. I also liked the fact that it allows you to insert videos and links and integrate those (but only in the paid version). Also, it's great that it allows for various people to access the account at the same time so that you can work together while making the changes!

Cons

When I first suscribed to Flipsnack, I was shocked that it wasn't possible to write in the text boxes with justified text. There were only 3 options: central, aligned to the right or to the left, but no justified-text, so visually that made a huge impact and I didn't like it at all. I contacted the customer service and asked about it and they were really nice and said they would take that into consideration for their next update, and they really did! Now they've improved a lot since they introduced the option of text-justification. Also, I inquired about GIFs a few weeks later. I wanted to add a GIF to my magazine but realized it wasn't possible. After a little while, they updated that too!! So now it's possible to add GIFs and that's great! A negative thing is that when exporting the whole project into PDF the version is actually a bit poor and things move out of place, but the online version stays great.

Response from Flipsnack

What an awesome review, Lara! Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Beth Y.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Creates clean, professional digital content!

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

All in all, we love Flipsnack. We began using Flipsnack because of COVID-19 because we were looking for an attractive and easy way to add lots of information and engaging content to be able to communicate with our membership while we were navigating our "new normal". After we re-opened we continued to use this program and it has completely replaced our former "newsletter" template that we used in years previous. We have received really great feedback from our Members and feel that it adds a great avenue to compile lots of information in one spot and in appealing formats and templates.

Pros

The ability to create a professional looking communication piece for our organization. Being able to easily embed the finished flipbooks directly onto our website. The ability to easily include videos into the flipbooks!

Cons

I find that sometimes formatting the text can be a little finicky. Copying and pasting text from an external program such as Microsoft Word, does not always transfer very clean (ampersand symbols get pasted with additional charcters behind). Sometimes the view appears differently when you publish the Flipbook depending on the size of the text box you had drew, but it looked appropriately prior to publishing it.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Beth, We're so glad that we're able to offer up our services in a time like this. We appreciate your kind words more than you know. Please contact our support team to help you with your problem. If ever you have any questions or problems feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

• Industry: Sports

Flipsnack is a great online tool to improve your digital footprint

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Overall, it is a great platform and allows us to improve the digital aspect of the business.

Pros

Flipsnack is a fairly simple to deploy software that allows for a more professional means of publication, presentation and online catalogues. The online application is quite decently priced if you purchase a yearly subscription and for those that only need the basic elements there is also a neat free version for the above mentioned uses. We loved the ease of use and the great customer service on the platform as well as how easy and secure the payment portal was.

Cons

If you are a subscribed member of Flipsnack you will know that there are quite a few unlisted features in the comparisons table before purchase. This unfortunately can be a little misleading and make your decision after payment feel a little "cheeky"... *Hint - just go for the enterprise package if you want access to all the features of the platform such as a personalised favicon and subdomain URL. MP4 files cannot be uploaded to any Flipsnack document unless you are a enterprise member however you can run it videos through YouTube instead, so perhaps start a YouTube channel if you want to use video in you presentations / catalogues. The software can be a little buggy at times and does require a little bit of time and resource to iron out the kinks.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, Thank you for your review! We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation. We are continuously improving Flipsnack, so stay tuned for more updates!

Cheryl M.

Perfect Solution

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

I'm using Flipsnack to create content for lead magnets and online courses

Pros

I wanted something different from a slide show presentation, and I wasn't up to speed on videos. Flipbooks offer a fun, interactive component even more engaging than letting people run their own slide show. Also love the multiple ways to share!

Cons

I understand there's a way to edit directly in the flipbook after creation. Found that to be too daunting to learn quickly (my fault, not yours), so I keep going back to the original presentation and re-uploading. Often, I seem to lose my original choices for options like whether to share publicly (I don't actually remember WHICH options, just trying to make you understand what I mean). If I just re-upload the content in an existing file, I'd like all those options to stick so I don't have to worry about choosing again.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Cheryl! We are so happy that you are enjoying a lot of our features and that Flipsnack is the right app for you. Please contact our Live Chat support and tell us more about your struggle and how we could help you.

Yvonne V.
  • Industry: Photography

Flipsnak Review

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Great experience apart from not being able to work offline.

Pros

Lovely easy to use platform with really nice templates.

Cons

It is NOT able to be edited offline. Absolutely frustrating when operating from a remote location.
Especially so since CV19 , when the internet is even slower.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for your review and suggestion! We really appreciate your feedback.

Esther L.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Free Trial - Student Perspective

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Overall, I'd have a great experience using Flipsnack! Reading my review under the pros will illustrate that point.

Pros

I was looking for a software that could convert a 20+ page document into an interactive format. Searching online, I noticed Flipsnack had a many positive reviews.

Using the software, I love how intuitive the interface was; there wasn't a learning curve at all, I was able to quickly and adeptly use the software for my specific needs.

Cons

Honestly speaking, for the free trial, I really enjoyed all the functionality the software provides. My only wish is the ability to export it as a interactive PDF, but understandably, that comes with the paid version.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Esther!

Thank you for 5 stars! We're glad you're enjoying Flipsnack.

Edwin m. R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great value and support, excellent options!

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Overall this is by far the best tool that I have used to create engaging interactive documents and finally have some analytics to process and use to refine future projects and relay ROI to stakeholders.

Pros

This had the most robust user engagement reporting.

Cons

Updates to previously exported widgets aren't timely, I find it faster to create a new widget and replace the old one instead of waiting for it to refresh.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for your kind words!

Shannon H.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Flipsnack - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

It provides a much more professional look to publications.

Pros

This software is SO easy to use, and the finished product looks much better than a regular PDF. Everything looks like a virtual magazine!

Cons

Often when selecting the 'share the fullscreen link', it takes multiple times for the URL to work properly. It initially contains the word 'undefined' in the link, and until that word disappears, the link won't work.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Shannon!
Thank you for such a kind review. If you continue to have issues with sharing a full screen link, please contact our live chat experts. They will be more than happy to get to the bottom of it for you.

Isis I.

Flipsnack

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Easy to navigate, great choice in fonts and now you can upload your choice of fonts if not already available in the software.

Pros

The ability to use templates that can be changed easily and added to to suit my requirements

Cons

That you had to upgrade to be able to have our unique link so clients were sent away from our website. However for larger publications it would be worth the upgrade.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Isis! Thank you for your kind words!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to Use, Professional Software

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use - upload a document and it does all the work on the backend. When completed, you're left with a professional, interactive, and easily shareable document which is great for internal and external audiences alike.

Cons

I wouldn't say it was a con, but I would love it if I could customize the url and white label it to my company without any mention of Flipsnack - even if it came as part of a premium package. Though to be honest, I don't know that it is not possible now, my review is based only on what I have seen from the system as is. That would be my only suggestion, but currently, the only mention of FlipSnack is very discreet.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the nice review!
Just wanted to let you know that it is possible to customize the URL (move your profile and your flipbooks to a subdomain on your site), with the Elite plan.
Please contact us to get more information and pricing.

Diego A.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used for 1+ year

Flipsnack - Versatile & Dynamic

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Pros

Flipsnack is easy to use and share! Features are easy to find.

Cons

I do not like that the full screen link is buried, it should be easier to share.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your review, Diego. We work hard to constantly improve user experience each and every day. With that said, we really appreciate your feedback, and we will take this into consideration for future updates.

Roren S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Enjoy and want to use more

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Great-- want to use it much more in the future---- just trying to grow the base

Pros

I like that it makes it easy to create digital media for our customers fairly quick

Cons

There has been some minor issues that we have had to work with..

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Roren!

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

If you're having any issues whatsoever, please contact our live chat representatives. They can answer any of your questions in a matter of minutes.

David T.

Good Entry Level Product

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Pros

Easy to use right away. It did not require a lot of time to become proficient.

Cons

I sometimes have trouble with the embed process into Wordpress.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey David,

Thank you for your great review!

If you're having trouble with the embedding process, try contacting our live chat representatives. They can answer any of your questions in a matter of minutes.

Thanks again!

Ana A.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy marketing tools

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Really good and easy to make catalog, easily download or share the online catalog. High quality pictures

Pros

Easy to use for beginners and high quality outfit

Cons

Cannot copy content between different page.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Ana, Thank you for your review! Please contact our support team to help you with your problem. If ever you have any questions or problems feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

Florent V.
  • Industry: Entertainment

The best plateform for online magazine

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Flipsnack allows me to present entertaining content to my clients.

Pros

It allows me to edit and publish original and dynamic online magazines, with widget such à links or videos.

Cons

I would like an option of autoplay video on tablet and smartphone.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Florent,

Thank you for your kind words! I will pass your suggestion to our development team and we'll let you know if the feature will go live. Stay tuned for new updates!

• Industry: Higher Education

Using Flipsnack

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

We have problems with customer support getting back to us in a timely fashion and can't seem to solve our issues.

Pros

The finished product looks nice and is easy for our customers to look through our eBooks.

Cons

We use InDesign to create our eBooks so we create the interactivity in the main document and, after applying it to Flipsnack, need to re-do the interactivity again for it to be applied to the Flipsnack version of the eBook. We also experience some issues when publishing it to our learning management system.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review! It is very important for us to hear about the issues that you've experienced with our tool and with our customer support.
The links that you've added in InDesign should automatically work in Flipsnack, if they are added correctly as hyperlinks. Please contact us again.
We promise we will investigate this problem in a timely manner.

Zena G.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great tool!

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I use Flipsnack to publish a quarterly ezine geared toward woman romance readers. The tools make it easy to upload and present a professional looking ezine, and makes distribution of the same fool proof.

Pros

It's easy to use and very simple. I like the professional results.

Cons

I haven't had any problems so therefore don't have any cons.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your kind words!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Overall Simple and Quick

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Pros

Been using flipsnack for over a year. I'm a developer but sometimes things get overly complicated. This literally takes mins to do what could take me 3-4 times longer or more manually.

Cons

I wish there was a more automated/quicker way to add links in the catalog. Takes a long time for catalogs that need 100+ links

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your kind review!
About 2 months ago we've released an automated solution for link detection. If you have any suggestions for improvements we'd love to hear them!

Scott S.
  • Used for 6-12 months

It's just what I needed

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Pros

It was easy to set up a flipbook from a PDF. And I liked that there were options to add functionality, like jumping to pages or other actions to make viewing the flipbook easier.

Cons

No real complaints so far. Overall its easy to use.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your great review, Scott!

Ashley A.
  • Used for Free Trial

Video Blogger

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

I no longer have to go to a store or to a professional to curate content/media fliers.

Pros

I like that you can make professional looking brochures and media materials to use. They offer a number of free templates as well.

Cons

I honestly do not like the layout of the website. Could be organized a bit differently but that is a small complaint.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your five stars review!