Animaker

DIY video creation suite for enterprises

3.8/5
3.9/5
4.1/5
4/5

99 Software options

Xorla A.

I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

I only first tried out Animaker to sketch out my script and concept before handing it out to a professional animator to create an explainer video for our new website. 5 hours later, I had an extremely great-looking video to share with our marketing team for review. Thanks to Animaker, I had the freedom to fully explore my thoughts without the limitation of having to explain it to someone else to execute. Oh, and it saved our budget as well.

Pros

As a first-time animator, I really didn't know what to expect. I figured it would take me stitching together a thousand micro actions to create just one motion or scene. To my surprise, the library had countless well thought out pre-made micro scenes that allowed me to develop all my story portions with extreme ease and in the shortest possible time. I love using it.

Cons

Editing pre-made templates can be a little exhaustive. I wish there was a way you only had to replace a character once and have it replicated in all other subsequent scenes.

Marcos G.

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Josiah A.

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Reviewed on 18/11/2017

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets.

Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions.

To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects

Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | [email protected]

Ian S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used for 1+ year

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily
great for corporate videos
web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Uri R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Lack of Diversity

Reviewed on 08/03/2021

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

Omer S.
  • Industry: Printing

Amazing Animations and Easy to Use Online Software

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

I simply love it.

Pros

You need not download any kind of software to use this online app. All your data will be saved in your Animaker account. Prices of advanced packages are not so high as compared to some others and the website is extremely userfriendly followed by many online templates which are free to use and edit. Very easy to follow demo instructions. Its really fin to create your own animated character and use them in the ready-made video templates which does not require much editing. You can easily find sample templates and replace the character with your own character or choose one from the available characters.

Cons

Right now the software is new and does not have so many templates and character animations. But it is being updated very fast and variety of many more templates and animated video categories are being introduced now. The second issue is the video preparing and processing takes too much time and original created video inside the editor colors are a little bit different if compared to the processed video.

• Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple to use & Extremely useful

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

Pros

Lot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful.
Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.

Cons

There are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag.

Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.

Simon L.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for Free Trial

Great customer service

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

I had a positive experience with Animaker and would certainly use it again.

Pros

For the creation process, I really didn't notice this software was only in beta. I had a great time creating my project, and I think the options for the free trial are already extensive. As I'm a student, I currently won't have a lot of use for this software, but when I graduate and I can use your product, I'll certainly recommend this. As the waiting time was quite long, I was also helped by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from customer service. They were really kind, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fixed my problem within an hour of my communication. They deserve a raise! ;)

Cons

The processing time was extensive. This is only normal though, as it's still in beta. I have nothing more to add, my experience with this software was just positive!

Tyler J.

Great for explainer videos, presentations and e-learning

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

I was able to become familiar with the creative environment in less than a day and produced my first explainer vid in probably 3-5 hours. Subsequent ones have taken less time. Their customer support is extremely high quality and they really listen to feedback (good and bad) and respond to feature requests very positively.

Pros

Easy to churn out high quality product. Love the character quality and huge library. Also easy to incorporate my own backgrounds and other images.

Cons

Voice AI quality leaves a bit to be desired. I have ended up using a combination of three services, each of which has its own pros/cons. But they all use one or more of IBM, Google and Amazon's ai engines for voice generation. I think Animaker will continue to improve in this area, and I hope one day I won't need to use other services to get human-like quality character voices.

Vuk V.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great software!

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Pros

It's interface is very user friendly, almost like setting up a ppt presentation. It has a lot of cool features, great animation techniques and once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I would improve is the animation voices, e.g. when I wanna add a voice to read over a text I wrote it still sounds like a computer generated voice. I know there probably isn't much one can do about this at this point, but that's the one thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Sabrina M.
  • Industry: Market Research

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros

Cons

The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.

Maria jose M.

Story teller

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

I have made 3 videos. The third one was longer and it was a real short story.
I am ready for the fourth one.

Pros

There is a vast array of characters with pre-made gestures and features that can be used right away.
Animated backgrounds are a plus. It makes my videos look lively and real.

Cons

Sometimes, the pre-viewing makes the video lag.

David D.

I was looking to create an animation video with a simple and reasonable software in terms of...

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

What I like best about Animaker is the ease of use, with a very well done tutorial. I also find the rate offers very affordable.

Cons

Not much! I would say maybe the loading time when inserting characters or accessories. And the variety of mood changes for the characters not rich enough.

Pablo V.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

I could make my own video presentations for sales and for my web, pretty decent resultas considering I am not or a Designer.

I learn it in few hours, just playing around. Price is quite competitive.

Pros

Personalización of characters, text to voice or record your own voice (modulation automatically) samples of background or you can upload your own videos. Syncronization of text, voice, sceenes. With few design skills, it is posible to create decent visual content.

Cons

Sometimes sharing and editing is a little buggy, nothing terrible, but one needs to reload the page.

Shemsi O.
  • Industry: Animation
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Best animated software

Reviewed on 09/10/2021

It was not downloading. Export option was not working . It is a great animated software. I would recommend for other users to use this product

Pros

Yes it is more easy to use .mainly transition is

more easy to use. Character expression are fantastic

Cons

It is user friendly . I can incorporate more videos

Anuj N.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Video animation

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

It was very good, i am not a designer but i can create pretty good video by my self, save cost and easy to use.

Pros

Very easy to use, non designer can also use and create video

Cons

not discovered it yet, working on it, sometimes my network is ok but it keep saying my network is slow.

Shriya C.
  • Industry: Information Services

This software is excellent.

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Easy,user-friendly

Pros

It is user-friendly and easy to use. It is designed well for the beginners too so that they can use it easily

Cons

limited options in the trial version. So it needs to be upgraded for the trial version. They should allow the access in trial version.

Response from Animaker

Hello Shriya Chandra,

This is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware of the fact that Animaker with the largest library of assets, helps over a million users from 180 countries. Animaker, on an ongoing basis will keep building this library to empower users to create extraordinary videos in quick time.

As part of that effort, we have launched over 40 new transitions. To know more, read our blog post on the same: https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects/

We appreciate constant feedback. Please keep it coming.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc. | [email protected]

Kriselle N.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great customer service

Reviewed on 01/07/2020

Great experience

Pros

Animaker has exceptional customer service. They replied right away to my email and even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very approachable. They take customer satisfaction seriously. Thumbs up!

Cons

I don't know if it is my computer's problem

Whitney L.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great product to create interesting content

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Really great so far. We did a month trial and after a week we signed up for a year.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create engaging content

Cons

Sometimes the support is slow and doesn't understand the issue or try to understand the issue

Tânia S.

Excellent for animations

Reviewed on 24/10/2021

Pros

animations, character creation, voice placement.

Cons

Character audio can be longer than 10 seconds and transitions between slides could be faster.

• Industry: Sports

Zero video experience. I created my owned Infographic in 3 days.

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Pros

User-friendliness. I never knew how to create my own video until I found Animaker

Cons

It'd be great to have a Share-able Preview function for video in progress before Exporting.

Ryan O.
  • Industry: Automotive

Fun, inventive and interactive

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

fun

Pros

I'm able to get, information across, in a fun and interactive way

Cons

more drag and drop stuff or if i drew my own stuff and could use that

Melinda E.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Very bad quality of the videos unless you sign up for the more expensive packages.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

Easy to use, I have no experience with making videos but I managed to do a nice video in Animaker. I received a response from customer service two days after submitting my issue.

Cons

Don't waste your time making a video unless you want to sign up for the startup or business plan. The quality of the video for the personal plan is not even enough for a full-screen show on a computer, it is all blurry.

Mohammad S.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Pros

Ease of use. A lot of character options. Good support.

Cons

Not sure yet. Everything working great for now.

Lucky griffin N.
  • Industry: Media Production

Animaker Review

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

My overall experience with animaker has been one with a positive surprise. Aminaker made it possible to internally create content we thought we would have needed to outsorce saving us a signficant amount in operation costs.

Pros

I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use. It is fairly easy to create animation videos in animaker without prior experience in the field. As such, its integration to our organisation was smooth and seamless.

Cons

What I liked the least about animaker is the fact is is only available online. Making it hard or impossible to use when/if their are interuptions to the internet connection.