Adobe Spark

769 Software options

Heather H.

Adobe Spark vs. Canva

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

I started using Adobe Spark as an alternative to Canva. But I found the whole experience not as user friendly as what I can create with Canva. My team ended up going back to using Canva for simple graphics.

Pros

As a Social Media Director I often need to create quick graphics myself rather than bog down a graphic designer with a simple task. I found Adobe Spark, and it's great for just that, simple graphics. You can choose from a large assortment of stock images because they are attached to Adobe Stock, as well as other free stock images on the web.

Cons

I felt it was too hard to make the graphic the exact way I wanted it too. You could change the font only by using a sliding scale, in order to make changes to the text you had to click on the word box and it opens in a new screen. Additionally, the variety and of "shapes" they offer is not as vast as Canva's selection.

Chris G.

Adobe Spark: Too simple for its own good

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

It is the rare occasion that an Adobe Spark user would need any instructions on how to use their product, which begs the question: Is it powerful and useful enough? My opinion? Almost. I can build single web pages in a flash, that look beautiful, as long as I like the way THEY lay it out. I have zero customization choices on Spark PAGES. Spark Graphics suffer from the OPPOSITE: they have a resizer function for free (which Canva.com forces an upgrade for.) but the resulting resized images are usually distorted. I don't enjoy their graphics builder GUI at all. Their webpage builder GUI rocks.

Pros

The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, and simple enough that no instructions are really needed. The Spark suite is available on mobile as well as desktop, and video creation on the fly on mobile is simple, but once again, at the expense of customization. If you put a text graphic over video, you'd better be comfy with the graphic being on screen as long as THEY want it. You can't specify text durations over video.

Cons

Canva is the main competition, and their free tier does not place a watermark on finished designs. Adobe does, and this one thing makes for a deal breaker. The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, but doesn't allow embedding html elements, severely restricting what the page can become. Pretty, but all pages will begin to look identical. The graphics creation tool is clunky, and unresponsive compared to Canva.

Heidi S.
  • Industry: Design

Adobe Spark Adds Sparkle to Any Marketing Tasks

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Spark allows me to maximize my time, which in turn allows me to add more value to my clients. I love what I do and once again, Adobe makes that process even sweeter.

Pros

I'll admit, as a graphic designer, I avoided Adobe Spark for a while. I mean, that's what I do...create social media graphics, videos and websites. So, I assumed that Adobe Spark was a shortcut for end users who had no experience. An awesome tool, but not for me...right? Actually, I ended up exploring it one day and found that it was an awesome shortcut for when I needed to put together a whole suite of graphics. It's nice to not have to keep my eye on the ever changing specs for each outlet. Super easy to use and there are so many options. Definitely glad I spent that afternoon trolling the Adobe Spark page.

Cons

My only complaint is that Adobe Spark doesn't allow you to delve deeper and change many settings. This very complaint is really what makes it such a wonderful tool for all users whether they are beginners or industry experts. So, while I may do much of my work in Photoshop and Illustrator, I can pop into Spark and take care of the output when I need to handle bulk output and layout for branding my clients. Complaint? No complaints, here.

Tim V.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 1+ year

Quick and easy graphic tool

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

I have used this many times for a range of digital output platforms - event promotional material, invitations, learning resource graphics. It is so easy and fun to produce something professional-looking without having to delve into the higher level design tools like Adobe Indesign or Photoshop. So it really is ideal for anyone wanting to produce digital or print graphics for a range of every-day uses.

Pros

I love the ease of use on this software and the level of functionality. The power of the tool is in the templates and the set-up that makes it quick and easy to use. However, there are also deeper levels of functionality that you discover if you want to go further. It has all the key features you need to produce something extrememly professional-looking with a great number of export profiles for all kinds of digital and print format you could need.

Cons

The freemium account is excellent however it would be better if the full version were at a lower price point or included in the Creative Cloud subscription. It would be even better if it were integrated into Creative Cloud applications if installed on the machine.

Mildred m. T.

One of My 2 Go-To Software programs for Graphics

Reviewed on 04/10/2018

It enables us to quickly find a photo, resize it and add special effects as needed and use immediately. Making videos is great for quick support related use as well as content production.

Pros

It gives you a wide range of products to create. You can do a graphics, videos and web pages. Creating videos is really simple with easy to create and add to voice overs. There is an excellent library of photos and is easy to add your own and edit. Gives you excellent sizing for any type of graphic requirement. Provides common size examples along with ability to custom size.

Cons

Use the image and video component. Have not really found a use for the web page module.

Emilio H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

An OK tool for non-designers

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

This software is a good tool for users who need to publish on social media regularly and are not designers. Graphic designers or power users will feel constrained by the limits of this app. I would only reccomend this tool for non-techy users who need a simple app without power tools.

Pros

It was really easy to start using and the content created looks quite good. The UI looks great and is intuitive. Canned templates and styles help you get a design going in no time at all. The spark page option surprised me, since it makes creating a micro website really easy. I also loved that you can have mobile apps installed on your phone and your projects seamlessly sync between them.

Cons

Some integrations are missing. You cannot import photos from flickr for example, of from OneDrive or Google Drive. Video options are limited, and power features are missing for more advanced users. I also had some problems when loosing connection, I couldn't save my files and had to start over.

William m D.

Excellent tool for quick social graphic design

Reviewed on 20/01/2019

I use spark daily when creating social posts for my company. I also utilize the tool for other design projects occasionally.

Pros

The UI is intuitive and the template library is very useful when creating graphics. It's hard to create something that doesn't look nice aesthetically when using Spark. A new update has allowed users to import their own fonts.

Cons

Rarely, I've noticed a bug when saving images. The resulting file is all black and unusable. This only seems to happen when working with large dimensions (over 4000px on either side). It usually can be fixed by saving, exiting, and attempting to download the graphic once more.

Steven S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Spark Connivence

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

I am really in love with the templates because it allows me to be creative in a timely fashion and still have time to spend with my kids and not be over worked or overwhelmed.

Pros

I like that this product is pretty much straightforward. Everything is easy to work with and it saves me time to do other projects.

Cons

I love the templates that Adobe Spark offers. Would love to see more in the future but as of now this program is the number 1 go to for me/

Alea L.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Just What I Needed for a Presentation

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

For a free program, this exceeded my expectations. I preferred to use this instead of Google Slides, because I was using so many pictures and wanted something that I wouldn’t have to spend too much time customizing. Will use again!

Pros

I like that it is free but also high-quality. I used this for a presentation with pictures and text. I was able to put many pictures and upload my own song. There were many ways to customize my presentation, as far as timing, style, and slide layouts.

Cons

There is not a way to loop a song or change the music mid-presentation. The program recommends only having a certain number of slides (15 maybe?), so that could be related - they don’t expect users to have a very long presentation. Also, I wanted to use a certain font shown that coordinated with the theme, but it would not use that font.

Christine G.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy Video Editor-Even If You're A Beginner

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I first tried out Spark when I wanted to make a Valentine's present for my fiance. It was fairly simple to learn, fast and made an awesome, high quality video. I've gotten great results every time I've used it.

Pros

There are a lot of design options. A lot of editing software only offers a handful of design options. Spark has a lot to choose from. It is also very simple to learn. Many sites also have incredibly confusing interfaces without a good source of instructions if you've never used it. Spark was super simple to learn and my first try I was able to make a pretty amazing looking video.

Cons

It was sometimes difficult to clip parts that I wanted to. But that may have been operator error and not the software!!

Roseann K.
  • Industry: Insurance

User Friendly

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

I enjoy using Adobe Spark for creating small videos to highlight upcoming events and incentives within our organization.

Pros

This software comes with templates and pre-loaded themes that make it very easy to create an ad or video in a timely fashion.

Cons

There are not a lot of customization options. If you are happy with sticking to the pre-selected themes, this is great, but the options to make your video more unique do lack a little or are complicated to use.

Amber H.

Adobe Spark Continues to Innovate and Bring Down Learning Curve

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Pros

When this tool was first introduced, the learning curve was difficult for some of my non-traditional students. However, in the past year or so, they have made great strides to eliminate learning barriers and it feels very intuitive! Excellent tool for having students create videos to tell stories, present, or reflect. Options like themes and music add to the fun, make each video unique, and can also help set the tone for stories.

Cons

When the efforts to make the tool easier to use, some of the themes were eliminated from the tool. I'd like to see these or new themes added to tool as the options feel limited at present time.

A great product

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

My overall experience with Adobe Spark has been amazing and it has really brought out my creativity as well.

Pros

I really love everything about this product. It is a really useful product for me given that I own a blog as well. It allows me to create cover pictures, videos and choose from a variety of templates. It has so many options and that only increases when you go for the premium version. I use the free version and I still love it.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like about this software. Maybe the ease of use can be improved a bit but other than that, it's amazing!!

Ryan R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Creating Social Media Graphics with Spark

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Adobe Spark is probably the easiest and quickest way to create elegant looking social media graphics.

Pros

Adobe Spark was an incredibly simple and intuitive way to create social media graphic assets. The best part of the software is how fast you can create something.

Cons

The only con to Adobe Spark is that there are some limitations to what you can do with graphics. Given that it's not really designed to do intense graphic editing, this is a very minor limitation.

Pieter H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Fancy but easy to use graphics tool

Reviewed on 09/02/2020

The beginner looking for creativity and additional high level visual design, this is great software for you!

Pros

Adobe spark is the software made for non professionals who wants to have excellent visual design for a website or advertising. It is a beginner level tool that does most of the work for you, allowing you to make highly well designed promotional videos, websites, and adverts. Templates and easy set up for your visual graphic needs are all provided for you.

Cons

The video function is limited to 720p, and held at only 30 seconds in length. This software is meant for the non professional: those looking for higher quality business level promotional and graphic design should look elsewhere.

Teresa B.

Fantastic program on a budget

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

I love using Spark to create beautiful graphics in minutes or even seconds. Very easy to use and many ideas to spark your imagination.

Pros

A lot of bang for the buck with this program. Professional looking marketing pieces at your fingertips with lots of good ideas to get you started. I like that they have a lot of good articles to help me get going on various aspects of marketing.

Cons

The projects are laid out nicely. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out where to do with the project but they do take you through in steps to help you think about what you want to include in a project.

Lucas B.
  • Industry: Fishery

Service helps to find illustrations

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Pros

In Adobe Spark, I can find an illustration for any task. For example, for an article on a site or a post on social networks. Right on the Adobe website, I can edit the illustration: change the color palette, set my size and even include animation elements (for example, create a poster with a parallax effect).

Cons

Adobe Spark reminds me of a photo stock: there are a lot of pictures, the choice is very large. But there are far fewer really good pictures than boring and unattractive ones. It takes time to find something good.

Ramin L.

Very easy branding & marketing software for IOS

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

I'm self-employed and do not have a social media or marketing team. I have to create the content and with Adobe Spark it's fairly straightforward and easy

Pros

For IOS, it is very easy to use and intuitive. Even with a limited technical background you can design within minutes perfect Instagram/LinkedIn, Youtube etc, banners and posts with ease. Lots of great templates to get you started with a lot of free customization options.

Cons

The desktop version is not as intuitive and easy to use as the IOS app version. I would also highly encourage them to let different social media posts be easily transferable, for example if you start a post for an Instagram account, it should easily let you convert it to a Youtube banner or LinkedIn banner without having to save the file and re-arranging certain portions of it to fit the correct dimensions. I know it's a lot to ask for, but that would put this over-the top.

Abigail N.

A possible alternative to Canva

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Not bad. I still use Spark but not as often as I use Canva

Pros

-You can sign-in with your Adobe ID
-You can search for free images on Pixabay and Unsplash right from the workspace
-The "Variations" design option is a Godsend. I love the ability to see variations of a design which i can consider and modify
-Unlike Canva's free plan you can use Spark to create short videos

Cons

-Unless you upgrade every image you design will have the Adobe spark logo at the bottom of the image.
-While Spark lets you create videos, the image design aspect is not as flexible or have as much image design options (Templates would be a better description) as Canva
-In didn't like how when I selected a grid-like design from the "templates" available, the images that were shown in the design wasn't in my workspace, for a few seconds I forgot what I was supposed to be looking at since all I saw were a blank boxes and a colorful background, it wasn't until I hovered above the black boxes that it said replace image, which made me laugh because there wasn't any image in there in the first place.

Nicolet G.
  • Industry: Photography

Incredible timesaver for making social graphics

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

I created several templates in Photoshop for images for my Pinterest posts but always found it a hassle to make extra graphics. Now, with a mouse click, I resized images or changed the look while keeping on brand. It ​helped me to gain more traction to my blog thus growing my mailing list

Pros

It's a breeze to create a template and resize it to any commonly used size for social media images and headers. The pro version offers a lot of extras like adding your own fonts logo's and also provides templates for flyers, posters, etc. Creating Instagram stories or video's for Facebook is quickly done with Spark Video. I haven't used Spark pages yet, but it looks like a great option to create quick landing pages. However, I must look into that.​

Cons

Even though it offers many different templates, it would be awesome to be able to import templates created in Photoshop.

Eric Z.

Very professional graphic design app

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Adobe Spark has been well worth the investment and time. I have a Adobe Creative Cloud subscription just for Adobe Spark and Spark Video. I recommend the product to clients and colleagues. Also great features to test out for free, though I feel the subscription is well worth the price.

Pros

Adobe Spark is my favorite designing app, for desktop and mobile. One of the best features of the app is the ability to rescale the image to different dimensions, whether it's for Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and more. Great variety of professional templates, which are also able to be customized.

Cons

I feel it would be nice to have multiple brand options, instead of just one brand color scheme and fonts.

Christopher M.

Adobe Spark can be a quick one-stop shop for both business owners and designers!

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

Adobe Spark has come in handy more times than I can count! In a pinch, editing images and short videos with Adobe Spark is more than enough. The templates are very good place to start if that's all you have at the moment.

Pros

The ease of use is incredibly noteworthy! The software comes as an app and is included in the Creative Cloud subscription. The software provides countless templates for both images and short videos. For very quick edits, Adobe Spark is a fantastic place to go!

Cons

Given the nature of the software, the features, as expected, are lacking. For large files or complicated edits, Adobe Spark is not a recommended tool.

Nathan V.
  • Industry: Printing

Great For Social Posts

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I frequently use Adobe Spark when I'm away from my desk and need to make a creative post for social media. Highly recommend.

Pros

Adobe Spark is a great program for creating social media posts on my phone. I can access all my cloud files with it, and they have great templates to choose from.

Cons

My only complaint about Adobe Spark is that it has to be done on a mobile device. I would much prefer to design on a computer, but this is no fault of the software.

Andrew G.
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing, and easy to use.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

I can generate compelling content with ease everyday!

Pros

I am able to produce content quickly, and with a superior level of quality that I believe Adobe offers.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is a way to make the branding tab open for any brand you choose. It is limited to one.

Jason H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Do you struggle to create catchy images that fit your social media needs?

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Love it! Easy, powerful, and able to create things and then scale each item for different social media uses. It made creating events and promotions soooo easy. Keep up the great work for us design novices!

Pros

Spark was so easy to start and use. It was nice to be able to add your own images and then add your own pieces to the media. As someone who is not great at design, having a wheel you can spin to automatically change text fonts, colors, etc to see how it looks is awesome. They do the work and you just look for one that you like. I also love that you can resize things automatically to use within Instagram and Facebook so your images and promotions fit in the sizes given without you guessing. Love it! Once you are done you can download it in so many different file types. The power of Spark is awesome!

Cons

Using it for free there was nothing I did not like about the software. I will continue to use Spark for all my creations!