PureVPN

Secured VPN service offering limitless, anonymous web access

4.1/5

Shalitha M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PureVPN - No more boundaries for your Internet

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

I’ve been using PureVPN for over a year now, throughout this time period, my overall experience with PureVPN is very satisfactory. I will recommend PureVPN to anyone without any hesitations.

Pros

PureVPN is one of the best and most affordable VPN available in the market right now. I'll explain best things I love about PureVPN briefly.
1. Ease of use/Fast – PureVPN has one of the easiest to use interfaces and PureVPN offers great speeds so that users will not experience any difficulties in Streaming & Downloads.
2. No of servers - PureVPN has hundreds of server locations scattered around the world accessible for everyone whenever you need. You can find servers in almost every country you like.
3. Various streaming Servers are provided separately- if you go to the streaming section of the PureVPN app you can find various streaming servers you can connect to. This includes US Netflix, HULU and all major streaming services. UK Netflix is also available, but provided only through browser Extensions.
4. Easy to use browser Extensions – PureVPN currently has browser extensions available for Chrome and Firefox, and they have advertised opera extension is also coming soon on their member area for users.
5. Obfuscated Security Bypass – This is one of the best features I love about PureVPN, you can bypass services like FortiGuard without any effort using PureVPN within seconds. Never Seen any other VPN bypass FortiGuard that Quickly.
6. Options available for Advance users – PureVPN provides almost all tunneling protocols available in the world for use in manual configurations with well guided instructions for routers, NAS units etc.

Cons

From my personal experience PureVPN works very well all the time. Sometimes users might experience difficulties in streaming US Netflix by directly connecting to a United State server, in that case users should select US Netflix service from streaming section, and it will work properly.

Ahmed O.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Wide List of Servers but not perfect IPs

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I like it because I can find any country I need easily. The price is reasonable.

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement. I also tried the mobile version and it's very good. The best thing in this subscription is that there is a big list to choose. Almost all countries around the world.

Cons

IPs are mostly blacklisted and not suitable to be used in any secured platform.
IPs are sometimes read as a different location that the one it appears in the application.

Handy VPN tool with multiple country options

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Great VPN for security and web management purposes. Have had no real issues with it.

Pros

I've used this VPN for years. It's a great tool that's useful for not only security purposes but also for times that I need to review websites from other countries for work and geo-restrictions present issues. It also has many countries to choose from.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little buggy when it is being updated. This generally doesn't happen, but can do on occasion.

Mick R.

Best VPN for Business needs and for normal day to day user.

Reviewed on 29/09/2016

I could use the app both on my mobile and several other computers at the same time with a single account. Usually other VPNs have limited server locations but with this I was able to find a server where ever my business took me and also with my teams spread across 4 continents.

Pros

1. Top notch customer support.
2. Internet Kill Switch
3. Number of server locations.
4. Well defined selection modes for your business needs.
5. Remote secure access

Cons

User interface for the apps can be improved.

Dennis N.

Software which is very functional and quick to get into

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Am working on a application that has different behaviours in different countries, in order to test the app from different locations am using PureVPN to connect.

Pros

I like the most the simplistic UI and the small window that is used for the application, all the information you need is organised and easy to find. Works quick with high reliability.

Cons

I didn't like that on MacOS when you try to disconnect from a connection from the status bar the window gets bugged out and keeps moving to the right, nothing is happening and only left option is to open the application and disconnect from there.

Pablo T.

A nice interface and good connection with several ip addresses worldwide

Reviewed on 21/04/2018

An aesthetically pleasing program, with a first-line technical service that allows me to solve the software's operational problems while I enjoy the same

Pros

More than 100 ip addresses available worldwide, is a very useful software that allows me to connect from various places by accessing music videos, profiles of actors, video blogs and blogs and other interests.

Cons

Sometimes the ip are not completely reliable and end up overlapping the IP address of origin, generating problems to be able to enter the pages that I want

David H.

I feel secured!

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Pros

The ease of use and very speedy is the what I like most about this software. Customer service is also top notch.

Simple and Fast VPN

Reviewed on 04/11/2018

Easy to use VPN for all devices.

Pros

I like how PureVPN supports several VPN protocols, including: IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP, OpenVPN, and SSTP.

Cons

It can be difficult to get online sometimes.

Purevpn review

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Pros

surf some restricted websites anonymously

Cons

I didnt have access to all websites which isnt supposed to be so

• Industry: Higher Education

An amazing virtual private network client

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Amazing!

Pros

It works on multiple machines, its very fast, its very customizable. When there was an issue with the software the developers notified the users and remedied the issue in a very prompt manner. Its also VERY affordable if you buy the multiple year contract.

Cons

For a few days only the connection was slower than usual.

Lew S.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 26/06/2015

Customer Service is beyond amazing. This is a team that puts the customer experience first and foremost. They really care. In the rare occasion that customer support is needed, (billing, accounts, etc.), there is live online chat, their product-knowledge is excellent and PureVPN goes out of it's way to make you feel appreciated and satisfied in problem-solving. This is probably the best and most secure consumer VPN product in the world right now.

Jeremy B.
  • Used for 1+ year

I wouldn't use this if you're concerned about privacy

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

I don't trust this one for anything where I need privacy or security. Seriously, for the price (which admittedly isnt much) you can get a better product.

Pros

- It's cheap i guess, but you can get much better for the price.

Cons

- DNS and IP leaks are common
- The killswitch is spotty at best
- Connections are painfully slow

Lewis J.

Great for Online Streaming!

Reviewed on 27/05/2015

With Purevpn, I am able to unblock and watch several different entertainment channels which are otherwise blocked from my location. I have been using it for over an year! Even the mobile apps are stable and easy to use! The most highlighted benefited would be multi login as I am using 5 devices under one account. That's awesome!

Teresa L.
  • Used for Free Trial

PureVPN trial

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Extremely bad experience and unfortunately, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Pros

I actually did not find anything I liked about this product

Cons

I had a extremely bad experience. I use Linux and I thought this would be a great VPN for me. I am very tech savvy yet, it was extremely hard to setup with a lot of steps so, I "tried" to cancel the service.

I sent various emails and spoke to many people to cancel the trial and they still deducted $69.00 out of my bank account. It took everything to get my money back

Camillo S.

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

If you need a VPN for any circumstance Pure offers a lot of different connections. The iOS interface and the PC client is easy and simple to use.

Pros

easy and simple

Cons

no one

Dave K.

Amazing, it works 24/7.

Reviewed on 18/06/2015

Amazing software.
Even better support, be sure to give Dmitry Yushenko a raise!
Fast, friendly and clear support.

Best of wishes.

Okikiola B.

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Rafael P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A great VPN service with lots of features

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

My overall experience with PureVPN is great. This software is an incredible and powerful VPN service both for mobile (smartphone) and desktop (PC). I often use it on the go, while I'm accessing public Wi-Fi areas.
The features presented by PureVPN work very well and often come in handy in some situations.
I may also mention the amazing referral program, which let me share free monthly account with my peers.
I have absolutely all my confidence in PureVPN and I can easily recommend it to anyone!

Pros

What I like the most about PureVPN is how easy it is to use the app both on mobile and on the desktop.
I enjoy a lot its design/layout and how it offers so many locations to access with the VPN service.
I also like the PureVPN add-on for the Google Chrome, as it is very fast and reliable to use on the web.
The advanced settings offers great features, such as the connection protocol and split tunneling and the support team is very friendly and responsive. They once solved me an issue in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Despite PureVPN amazing features, what I like the least about this software is how some features are billed separately from the conventional PureVPN subscription.
For the price I pay for the subscription, I would like to unlock all these features at once.
Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

Robert W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Instant International Testing

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Pros

PureVPN allows us to confirm how our geo-specific sites are going to appear for our end users no matter where they are. It makes a difficult problem really straight forward.

Cons

There's not much I dislike. It solves a real problem and does so cheaply. In one case it would have been helpful if we could have specified where within a country the IP was located but this was pretty specific and I get why (particularly in the case of this country) it was not possible.

TunnelBear

Most secured and featured VPN connectivity service

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Pros

Apart from my other works, I usually spend my time on the internet to find suitable items, softwares, products, informations and other things for my business. And while doing that, I generally visit many sites on the internet which are either unsafe or non-trustable, in this case I never want my internet connectivity information and other private data to be revealed to the sites or otherwise my information could be stolen , so I definitely need a VPN to hide my real information and PureVPN is the all which works best for me. PureVPN is really easy to use and has a great user interface. It's connectivity is really fast than other Vpn apps out there and it never disconnects automatically like some other apps I used in past.
PureVPN provides fast connection Ips and they are so much secured . With PureVPN I can get into sites which are actually non-accessible for me. PureVPN provides many features which are generally not provided by other VPN connectivity apps like Split Tunning.
I can even run one PureVpn account on upto five devices but I generally run it on two devices ie on my Windows Desktop and Android Smartphone.

Cons

PureVPN provides so many features but still some of the features are available only after the premium expansion. And the problem is that if you aren't a regular user, the premium pricing will feel you like its useless for you because its somewhat expensive and you generally don't use it all the time

Harmandeep S.

PureVPN is a decent vpn choice for medium size industry!

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Pros

750+ servers in 141 countries
Five simultaneous connections
Support for OpenVPN, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP), and Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) VPN protocols
WiFi security
Dedicated IP
NAT firewall
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection

Cons

IPv6, DNS and WebRTC leaks detected
Connection issues on select servers
Many complaints
Hard to verify security features and claims

Rachelle G.

Helps keeps your connection secure

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We are not worried about our data privacy when using PureVPN.

Pros

We like that PureVPN is a simple and accessable VPN service which can keep our devices secure on unknown networks.

Cons

Some countries can detect and block the VPN service.

Ryan L.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

I'm on the VPN fence about this VPN

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Overall it's worked for me, but I don't know too much about them as mentioned. I want to know more about their data trafficking, user data retention and general user information sharing. Therefore, I'm still on the fence about PureVPN.

Pros

This VPN is quite simple to setup. They have a very easy to use UI, makes other VPN's seem more difficult to use. It works well, connects quickly, masks your IP and keeps you feeling more secure.

Cons

I don't really know them. I've had mixed reactions from their support team. They're helpful, and at times unresponsive, then at times they're very responsive, so there's definite levels of inconsistency I'm not too happy about.

NordVPN

Reasons for Switching to PureVPN

The pricing was better. We all know VPN's are expensive. But that should not be a valid reason to choose a VPN. That's not good practice.
Brian K.

Honestly it's an average OK experience

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

Good protection and privacy from the internet

Pros

It's a cheap and affordable solution. Install, logon to the appropriate location, and I am well-protected from prying "eyes" of the internet. It has a number of locations which I can logon remotely, and I can configure it to auto-login upon computer startup.

Cons

But...it can be slow in connecting to international servers. Sometimes, it takes a while to locate the nearest and right servers remotely. Worse thing is that I found out that it causes conflicts with my local internet connection. (for my case, not sure if this is a common issue for other users) I had to troubleshoot and ultimately I discovered that PureVPN is the culprit.

It also can cause conflicts with chrome extensions when enabling PureVPN extension in Chrome browsers. Hence, I had to disable it in order to get things working properly again. What a letdown sometimes!

Nazli P.

VPN with basic features

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

Pros

I like the fact its available in both Windows and mobile version. You can by pass some networks and even connect to some specific country IPs. I find its stable and secure VPN.

Cons

Some servers and features are paid and they are good but yes if you ready to pay its great.