TUIO

John Marc
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Tuio

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

Tuio has worked great for collecting tuition payments for our learning centre. The yearly cost is reasonable and the fee charges are on par with other companies. We pass on credit card fees to our parents so the only fees that we are paying are for ACH transfers. Overall I have enjoyed using Tuio, as an administrator as well as a parent paying tuition.

Pros

Tuio is easy to use and their customer support is great! I really like having the option of ACH payments as well as credit card payments. It cuts down on the fees and allows people to pay directly from their bank account.

Cons

Sometimes finding the right option or setting is a little difficult.

Response from TUIO Payments

We really appreciate the detailed review John Marc.

Corey

Great System, and definitely better than FACTS

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

I’ve loved it thus far. we haven’t started the school year yet, but the implementation phase has been great.

Pros

The system is easy to learn and use and makes the work load for tuition processing lighter. Communication, interaction with consumers, and account management are very simple.

Cons

I can’t create custom reports easily, though the data is easy to access.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks Corey, I'll have someone reach out about the custom reports you are looking for.

Lauren

Good Bones, Needs Fleshing Out

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Pros

Customer service was responsive and courteous.

Cons

It felt like there was six ways to do the same thing and only one way to get the information to present correctly. No ability to do partial payments on your own. Parent's need to approve when I make changes to their account... it was an uphill battle to learn the tips and tricks on how to work the system... should not feel that way.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for taking the time to review Lauren. TUIO is an automated payment system, so partial payments of an invoice is not a native feature. School admin or TUIO support can accommodate partial payments if the parent ever needs by editing the invoice and adding an invoice for the remainder. TUIO automatically approves the invoice changes made after 5 days, so if the parent doesn't approve them it will get taken care of. TUIO is constantly acclaimed for our user friendliness and ease of use, so if you ever need help with the system, we are here to help!

Mai

Excellent Customer Service and Ease of Use

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

We have had a great experience with Tuio. The support that Tuio provides is exceptional. We can rely on [sensitive content hidden]
to answer our questions quickly, and also to provide suggestions to help us get more out of Tuio.

Pros

Tuio allows us to bill families easily and to keep track of transactions. We have also been able to design our own registration process which meets the needs of our school.

Cons

A feature that can be improved, is to allow parents to make payments before the due date. Also the ability to download and print forms from Tuio would be helpful.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the helpful review Mai! Great suggestion for allowing advanced payments, I will take that feedback back to my team. You can download and print forms on TUIO already, anytime you need!

Sharen

TUIO for Westmont

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

Overall it was been very good. The program has never been slow or gotten hung up, [sensitive content hidden]
is amazing and families seem to like it.

Pros

Going from a very manual system to TUIO has been great. It's quick and easy and I love the reporting options. Parents seem to have no trouble logging in and setting up their information and I really like that if they have issues, they contact TUIO not us.

Cons

1) We currently do not use TUIO for our initial application process as it does not do what Transparent Classroom can. TC allow us to organize our wait pool based on specific criteria. This gives us the ability to see at a glance what applications are at the top of the list when spots become available. 2) We found the "program" set up a bit difficult to get our heads around initially. Also for us the word "program" means something entirely different. For instance, our Lower Elementary Program, consists of grade 1-3 students. Might be nice be able to customize/change the word "program" to something more familiar to us like "fees".

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Sharen! Appreciate the transparency on those decisions. I do think we would be the best system for the applications as well, since those can be taken right to enrollments and billing. I've taken notes on your feedback to send to our development team. Adding waitlist criteria seems like a great idea!

Virginie

Super satisfied with my TUIO's experience!

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

I am super happy with TUIO since my schools started working them in 2019. The support team is really reactive and very flexible with my multiple requests, I wouldn't want to change to another program.

Pros

ease of use and does everything I need, the support team is amazing

Cons

to have to create the programs every year

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the amazing review Virginie! We have a relatively new duplicate programs feature that will make life easier when creating the reenrollment programs on TUIO. We will be sending a TUIO insider email soon that details the feature again if you haven't tried it. I'll let support know to reach out as well about it :).

Julia

Superior and Quick Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

The overall experience on TUIO is superb, in particular, the customer service e-mail or telephone response is instantaneous in (real-time). I was astonishingly impressed with the way in which [sensitive content hidden]
responded to our cirumstances.

Pros

TUIO is extremely user friendly and interactive because it enables the end user to navigate throughout the site and pin point the precise area that needs pivotal attention or what needs to be addressed. Precisely because it is so (transparent) is what makes it a necessary platform to run a business successully!

Cons

The credit card fees are a bit too high for the clients as they have communicated this to us.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the kind review Julia. Parents are welcome to pay with bank account on TUIO, which isn't subject to the credit card fee rates that banks will charge. I'll inform an account rep of the feedback and see what we can do.

Sandip

Still needs a little work to be perfect

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

I think TUIO is a great service and makes collecting payments much easier for businesses. I wish there were a few upgrades for documents provided for the end of month.

Pros

I really appreciated the person I was paired up with for my introduction to TUIO was extremely knowledgeable and is always accessible via email. He has had responses to my emails after onboarding was completed almost immediately.

Cons

Both parents names should appear on invoices. I feel the exported sheets for following up on payments is the only aspect of TUIO that is not user friendly in it's current form. It is quite overwhelming. In the end most people just want to know if they got paid or not. Also, due to the fees it would be nice to have that breakdown on the amount parents were charged and the amount deposited and in which batch.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Sandip. I'll have support reach out to you about the invoice export sheets because everything you described is part of the system already and should be easy to get solved!

Claire

TUIO REVIEW

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

The support team is quick, thorough, and patient in guiding me through the program.

Pros

The payment process has been simplified for parents and administrators, making monthly, quarterly, or annual payments more efficient.

Cons

A few parents have had minor difficulties setting up their accounts, resulting in them reversing back to EFT which is frustrating for the school. Not sure if it's available, but if there was a support team to train/guide the parents, that would be great!!

Response from TUIO Payments

Hi Claire, thanks for the review. Our best in class support extends to your parents as well, so feel free to funnel things from parents to [email protected]. They can also live chat or email us directly from the help beacon in the app, or call us anytime. Anytime the parent needs help, we are available to get them comfortable on TUIO.

TUIO does the job

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

payment collection and processing has been streamlined as payments come automatically and we seldom need to get involved with following up with families for missed payments.

Pros

online, automatic payment processing at a very reasonable price point.customer service has always been great with prompt and knowledgeable staff.

Cons

There are currently some limitations in terms of multiple-line invoices with more than 1 discount item.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review. Our latest update goes live this week and includes the multi-line item discount feature! So stay tuned for those.

Bailey

TUIO Software for K-12 Schools

See above.

See above.

Pros

Managing payments in a K-12 school environment can be a complex task, requiring meticulous attention to detail and efficient record-keeping. TUIO software emerges as an invaluable tool for simplifying payment processing, offering numerous advantages that enhance the overall experience for schools, parents, and students. The program offers seamless online payments, customizable payment options and automated reminders and notifications.

Cons

While TUIO software offers numerous advantages for payment processing in K-12 schools, there are some potential drawbacks. One of the notable disadvantages of TUIO software is the lack of extensive reporting options. While the software provides basic reporting features, such as transaction history and payment status, it may not offer the depth and customization required by some K-12 schools. Advanced reporting capabilities, including detailed financial analysis, reconciliation reports, and customizable report templates, may be lacking in TUIO. This limitation can hinder schools that require in-depth financial reporting to meet their specific accounting and auditing needs.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Bailey, always a pleasure supporting your account. We have several components planned for enhanced financial reporting, and even improvements to the basic reports to make accounting easier. So stay tuned!

Alexandra

Review from Alex Scherb

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

The customer service is amazing! [sensitive content hidden] is always the person who helps me and he does a great job. He is very helpful, accessible, and quick to get back to me. Any problems I have with the administrator interface (or just things I find non-intuitive) aren't a big deal because the customer service is so good. I also really like how the program is online and accessible from anywhere. It is visually appealing and doesn't take as long to load as Rediker.Another benefit of the good customer service is that any needs or problems the families have, I am able to solve quickly for them.

Pros

The customer service and the option for families to pay with ACH.

Cons

The interface is a little confusing for parents. Many times this year we have parents accidentally register multiple copies of the same children because many parents start but don't finish enrolling and it isn't obvious to them how to pick up where they left off. Going through the registration step and having to fill out that form multiple times is frustrating to parents. There's a lot of confusion around the "New Student" and "Existing Student" options.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the detailed review Alex. Parents can keep the form open and finish it later, and you can delete the duplicate registrations when it's needed. We will likely have a way for parents to re-enter the form in an upcoming release. The potential confusion around "New Student" and "Existing Student" is solved now, as we made some changes to the form interface already. Like any software there is a bit of a learning curve but I'm sure your parents will get the hang of it, the learning curve is not steep by any means!

Natalia

Par Excellence I Chose TUIO

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

It’s absolutely a privilege.

It’s absolutely a privilege.

Pros

TUIO is a paramount tuition management system which allows me to centralize all enrollment, wait list, billing and payments. It provides in real time a precise picture of what is going on in my business - financially. I am able to communicate well with clients and they love making their payments monthly on TUIO. It’s an integral part of my school now.

Cons

The only criticism about TUIO is the fee that our clients pay when using their credit card. Many who have have switched to an alternative method of payment.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the great review Natalia! If parents prefer to pay by bank account, they have no fees. Credit cards incur fees for processing from the card issuing banks and you are passing them on to the parents, which is an option of course.

Christine

If you're looking to switch, make the switch to TUIO.

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

TUIO is just amazing to us and our families. My experience has been nothing short of great! They are constantly making TUIO better and better each year, always adding more helpful tools.

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about TUIO. We went from using another company and being on paper, to switching to TUIO, and all online platform that has helped up with enrollments, tuition, and forms. This program is also super easy for our parents as well. Since having TUIO we have happier families and happier staff because of the ease of TUIO.

Cons

The ONLY thing i can think of would be not having more options to make a more customizable form for parents.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Christine, TUIO has unlimited custom fields to make the form as customized as you would like. In case I'm missing something, please email [email protected] to help.

Mike

Simple tuition management service

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Pros

Very quick onboarding and simple low pressure barrier to get started. Software itself is simple and cleanly designed and straightforward to use. We really liked the ability for families to manage their own payment methods and choosing a plan that suits them best. When they run into issues, they are able to reach out to TUIO's support directly which saves us a lot of overhead time. We are a learner-driven community and this allow us to live to that promise and not to need too many staffs to support the back office.

Cons

Some UI/UX elements were confusing especially a new family is onboarded through the system. Given it's a startup company, we trust that they'll be able to hammer out and make improvements frequently.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the awesome review Mike. We want to hear more about the improvements you would like to see, please email [email protected] to book a time.

Kayla

TUIO Review from CHMS

Reviewed on 24/09/2021

I think the team at TUIO has done a great job creating a user friendly and easy to use program, and their customer support is fantastic.

Pros

It is very user friendly and allows me the flexibility needed to provide a variety of payment options to our families.

Cons

After the recent update I can no longer add two separate accounts for students whose parents require this option. I have found a way around it, but it just isn't as convenient.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you so much for the review Kayla! After the recent update you're now able to add a second parent to a student profile. Once that is done you can create a student enrolment for both parents if need be. It's for sure a new concept but it shouldn't be any less convenient then on the previous version of TUIO. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to learn more.

Terence
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Game-changing admissions and enrollment software

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Aside from it's how easy and useful TUIO is, I believe the best part of it was their customer service. Every time I had an issue with something, they were responsive via email within 24 hours (usually a couple of hours) and would call and reach out when the issue is complicated. They are also quick to improve their software, as I remember suggesting to them how annoying it is for schools to be charged NSFs, and they took it out for us. Great communication with their community!

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and use for administrative and user side with a clean UI. Easy to organize, categorize and search through the database.

Cons

They could allow the administrators to have more access to setting up payment methods, but I understand why they restrict it.

Response from TUIO Payments

We appreciate the awesome review Terence! In the upcoming release you will have the access you have been looking for which will speed up that process for you being able to add the payment method given by your students as Admin.

Samanta

TUIO gave us more time for other things!

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

We are overall very pleased with TUIO and all it has to offer.

We are overall very pleased with TUIO and all it has to offer.

Pros

We like that TUIP allows us to put our focus towards other school things and not so much on tuition and enrollment.

Cons

When there are returned fees we have to pay the $1.50 processing fee.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Samantha. One thing you could do is to edit an invoice to tack on the fee again to avoid being out of pocket the fees if a payment is returned. Once the payment has processed online, the processing fees are taken out by the payment processor.

Christine

Would never go back or choose another company after using TUIO

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Amazing. From the software to the employees to the designers, they are just amazing. If i have a problem or even a parent thats had a problem they email in minutes or jump on the chat if you need them. They are always available. That is not something you find often. Other companies, you wait days to get an answerr or even wait on hold for hours. Not this company.

Pros

It is easy to use. Easy to navigate. There are always positive changes to this software and always making it better for our business and easier for our parents.

Cons

I can not find anything i DON'T like. Im not sure anyone would find anything they didn't like.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the thorough review Christine!

Vanessa

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

Pros

The customer service is by far the best thing about TUIO. They are so kind, helpful and responsive. Our parents love TUIO and so do we!

Cons

Nothing. We're very happy with TUIO. I'm excited for future updates like attendance software.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the awesome review Vanessa!

Laurie

TUIO makes tuition payments so much simpler

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Pros

Ease of set up for the programs and makes our audits easier to prepare for

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could be simpler to read

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review Laurie, glad to hear TUIO helped make things easier. Those reports are now obsolete with the improved invoice export/report feature available in TUIO.

Louisa

Best Solution!

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Truly a great experience. Getting set up and understanding the platform was a bit tricky for some who are not very technical. However, tech support was willing to walk us through the site and its functions on more than one occasion.

Pros

The customer service we receive from TUIO is exceptional. They are quick to respond and they help solve any issues we may be having. They also listen to us as a customer and take feedback on what we would like to see implemented. Completely satisfied with customer service.

Cons

Nothing to complain about at his point.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the stellar review Louisa!

Sheri

Easy Collection of Tuition

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Customer Service is great! Very responsive.

Customer Service is great! Very responsive.

Pros

Our parents like how easy it is to pay tuition using TUIO.

Cons

Although I understand that monthly invoices can't have two payment methods applied to them, it gets a little challenging. However, customer service is always willing to help.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Sheri! Yes we are always willing and able to help you split invoice amounts so that multiple payment methods can be used.

Harpreet Singh

Exceptional Customer Support

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Pros

Software is easy to deploy and use. Best part is the exceptional customer support.

Cons

There is not much to dislike. Good thing is that TUIO is constantly evolving.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review Harpreet!

Raj

Great system for a small to medium sized school

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

Reduce paper processing; collect payment efficiently

Reduce paper processing; collect payment efficiently

Pros

Ease of enrollment and distribution of other forms during the school year

Cons

The payments take 3 days to process.The implementation was not particularly easy for me because I have minimum support internally and the support at TUIO assume that I am well versed already. However it worked out fine and I now know how to navigate the portal.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the awesome review Raj. Only the bank account payments take 3 days to mark as paid, but the funds often settle in your account before that- once the invoice shows 'Payment in Progress' you can usually treat it as a payment made by the family. Credit card payments are instantaneous and go to Paid right away if successful. Payment by bank account online is similar to payment by cheque/check, and the funds take some time to clear. Reach out to [email protected] whenever you need help.