Katana

4.7/5
4.9/5

124 Software options

• Used for Free Trial

I dont understand all the great reviews

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Pros

The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Cons

This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

Response from Katana MRP

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

Paul M.

Very Useful

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Pros

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product.

The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

Cons

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Orderhive

Reasons for Switching to Katana

Katana was much more suited to our needs in terms of the receipt creation features for each product. The interface was also much simpler than the alternative products we considered.
Denis O.
  • Industry: Printing

Best MRP/inventory manager for small business

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Overall, I'm very happy with Katana. Even though I run a small business and the price is relatively high for me, it's still well worth it.

Adding new orders is quick and simple, but more importantly, I can instantly see if I have all the required resources at hand. Even if I have a few dozen pending orders, their coloured chart makes it so easy to quickly see if there are any issues.

Pros

Very easy to use without cluttered interface. This was my biggest selling point when comparing Katana to other similar products. Everything is so well organised and easy to glance over, while still offering nearly everything that I need for myself.

I also like that any changes in the inventory are immediately reflected in open orders. This is true for everything that I've used so far; as soon as I make a change in one area, it instantly reflects in all others as well.

Cons

I'm missing one feature, but it's more due to the specific nature of my business. It would be great if I could organize my inventory not just by total combined weight, but broken down into individual units as well.

For example, if my order requires 500g of plastic in one piece, but I have two separate pieces of 250g each, Katana will show that I have enough resources, even though I can't fill my order since I need one unbroken piece.

I've already got in touch with their support about this and they've said my request was put on their wish list, so I'm fairly confident it will eventually get implemented.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for choosing Katana!

Brandon K.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Perfect for where we're at right now

Reviewed on 09/02/2020

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Pros

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Cons

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Michaela H.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Manufacturing superstar

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

Pros

- easiness of navigation and implementation
- support
- the colour coding

Cons

- not sure how to upload documents
- not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts
- not being able to ship partial sale orders

Fishbowl

Reasons for Choosing Katana

too hard to navigate/ implement/ support etc

JobBOSS²

Reasons for Switching to Katana

overall feel and easiness of allocation
Jeff H.

Most Intuitive MRP Ever

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall it's simple to setup, simple to use, and while not quite polished, does everything we need in a hugely user friendly way.

Pros

I was looking for a solution for seasonal manufacturing workers that we don't have time to get up to speed with some complex MRP - Kanata's UI is the most intuitive interface out of any MRP I was able to find. The ease of re-prioritising jobs, and the automatic stock refactoring is awesome, and the team are really, really responsive to feature ideas and issues. Seamless integrations with WooCommerce makes supplying orders to customers super easy.

Cons

It doesn't quite have everything we need, some of which I though we're quite base (Bin Locations, Supplier Product Codes, Purchase Orders that email directly to suppliers), but all of those have work arounds, and I'm assured are planned for future development.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the review!

Andrew D.
  • Industry: Chemicals

A nessecary tool

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Pros

Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly.

Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed.

Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Cons

My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

David B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Katana for manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are.

if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Pros

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time.

secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Cons

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Alejandro R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The software we've been searching for!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Pros

Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Cons

Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Alexander A.
  • Industry: Printing

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Pros

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

Cons

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

DEAR Systems

Reasons for Switching to Katana

The simplicity of the interface + price point

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Chessa N.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Worth the Price

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Great experience. It has made a huge impact and improvement on our production and scheduling and we are now much more efficient.

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to set up and user friendly. It is the perfect visual tool to immediately show what orders are available for production and which are not with the inventory you have on hand. Easy for shop floor workers to understand and implement. Improved shop to office communication. Makes scheduling easy and quick.

Cons

I wish it had an integrated scheduling calendar that could be personalized and blocked out according to production times per order. I also wish when you backed up it would go to the previous page and not take you back to the main sell or make page causing you to have to find where you were again. Minor improvements would make this software pretty close to perfect for us.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Before Katana we had our inventory and orders etc in different spreadsheets and systems. we where always miscalculating what stock we had and had to double and some times triple entry on all. we discovered Katana and now its all in the one system that is easy to use.

Pros

it is very simple to use and helpful to have all the information in the one spot

Cons

i cannot think of anything that i did not like

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

Romain C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A Must have un product management

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

Pros

Integrated with ou woocommerce, it manage 2 stores having same references simultaneously, we can perfectly create our product based on several other products like packaging, box..etc and it tells you if everything is in stock or propose to order directly to your provider. just magic.

Cons

A better integration with zapier could be a plus

Jordan B.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

I get space back in my head. I used to always be thinking about inventory and what I'm going to run out of next. My spreadsheets weren't very effective. This solves that problem without costing as much as bloated ERP systems.

Pros

Since it integrates with my Shopify store, I now have a closed loop system that can tell me what I need to make, and how much of each part I need to make it.

Cons

There could be some extra automation features, like when I create a make-order of a product with subassemblies, it should create make-orders for all of the subassemblies. And when I do that, it should also create purchase orders for all of the parts I'm missing. But I can see why a feature like that could lead to other issues.

Robert M.

Katana

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

Workflow was a problem for us as was keeping track of raw materials - Katana solved both of these on day one!

Pros

The ease of setup to a non-ERP user was great and support team always willing to help

Cons

Minor enhancements like customising documents produced and report Paramus/filters neon saved

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Paolo R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Break through

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Initially had bumps when I was setting it up, but overall once you immerse yourself within the software. It's relatively easy to use and I thank all the customer service representative that extended their help to me.

Pros

The software is fairly easier to use as compared to other providers. It's pretty straight forward and the booking system gives us an immediate glimpse of our current production status. Customer service is also excellent!

Cons

The company behind Katana is relatively new, so there are still a lot more features that they can add but I know they have been working on them! Would love to have access control options feature.

Thomas H.
  • Industry: Textiles

A good support

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

We use Katana everyday to track our supply flows through different warehouses and to get the average value in stock. Once the main integration is made it is easy to use.
Katana team members were always available to help us through this process and still are when needed.

Cons

Our use of Katana is limited since we are not handling our production ourselves, so we don't use all the functions available and have to adjust the features to our business. Small changes like adjusting the interface according to the daily customer needs would be a real bonus.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for your feedback!

Charmayne I.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

As Described, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Pros

Product is as described, mostly. Easy to use. Has made a big difference in sorting orders and tracking inventory. Reasonably priced for a small business. There is a lot to the software program, and we are still learning, but customer service is always available to assist in answering any questions, and so far each employee that has used it, agrees that it is easy to navigate through.

Cons

Lacking a few features but they are expanding and often adding new features.

Response from Katana MRP

THank you for the support!

Philippe F.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Katana does the job

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

With Katana, I could implement all our very special "recipes" we use to create our products as well as easily manage our inventory of raw materials as well as finished goods.

The integration is seamless with Shopify, which is what we needed.

Very good product!!

Pros

All the features I need to manage our manufacturing and inventory for our Shopify stores is in this app ! Easy to use.

Cons

It is a bit slow at times and the creation of product recipes is a lengthy process.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Masataka M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Almost everything we need in one app

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Satisfied.

Pros

Batch tracking was something we needed and always faced issues with. It is now solved using this software.

Cons

To raise a PO to purchase certain materials from suppliers, it would be good if a list of all the items supplied by the selected supplier can appear on the screen to select from rather than remembering which supplier each ingredients come from.

Keli S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

From the Kitchen to the Warehouse

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Pros

Katana has been instrumental in scaling our skincare brand from small batches in the kitchen to larger scale operations and inventory tracking in our warehouse.

Cons

A drawback is the inability to track shipping supplies, leaving those to be manually tracked for replenishment.

Noor ahmed P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Loyal Customer unbiased Feedback

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Pros

Operations of Manufacturing Products.
Current Status of Production.
Time of production.

Cons

There should be partial delivery option.
Whenever it gets updated few features are deleted & few are added.
You can add the feature without deleting the old one.

Natalie R.

Great Tool to Help Growth Progress

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Pros

Katana has proved a very useful tool for our mid sized business. We have been able to track inventory more efficiently and link our shopify orders. Since we both manufacture products and buy products, this was a great place that we could track both in. By linking the orders, it automatically depletes stock as well so seamlessly.

Cons

Initially setting it up was a bit hard at times (as expected) since we were trying to quickly connect all of our channels and we accidentally zeroed out inventory or duplicated inventory more than once. However, once we got it going, it proved very useful.

Israel S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing Product, Solid Support Team

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Pros

Katana has been an important integration for streamlining our business processes from purchase orders to manufacturing and inventory. The support team provides prompt responses and work to integrate requests as best as possible.

Cons

Katana is always integrating more requests each day. One of the things we await is the ability to update our accounting software with inventory from raw to finished goods.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for your feedback!

Liis L.

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!