Splashtop Remote Support

4.7/5
4.6/5

Kyle S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Remote support company using Splashtop for supporting users

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Overall, we are happy with splashtop. It is relatively inexpensive and it is very easy for our customers to user

Pros

The software is very easy for our customers to use. The download file automatically downloads and opens the file onto their computer. From there they just give us a code and we can access their PC

Cons

It would be nice to have more chatting and voice features built into the software. It also only allows one user to access someone desktop at a time. For example, if we have two remote support users working on the same ticket it would be nice for both to be able to view the customers computer

Matt I.

Robust Remote Support

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Any time I have contacted support with a question they were always fast, friendly, and helpful. I haven't needed to contact them about any major issues because it performs like it is supposed to and has never given me any trouble.

Pros

Splashtop was incredibly easy to setup, and is very user friendly. It has all of the features we need and offers features we didn't think we would use but they turned out to be a great bonus to have.

Cons

When it comes to Pro/Cons, there are no cons with Splasthtop. There are a few minor features that would be nice to have, like seeing the user activity status on the main screen of the business app, and we have submitted feature requests, hopefully they will be added in an upcoming product update.

Michael D.

Very Good Product!

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly.

Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers.

The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

Pros

I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

Cons

I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Sabrina C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Can't get easier than this.

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Pros

I've loved this software as soon as we started using it. It is easy to find servers you want to remotly connect to... You can save the credentials so the program will automatically open that server for you next time. It is fast and it's super easy to use. Organized and tidy.

Cons

When you make the toolbar on top dissappear it's hard to know how to get it back to close the remote control window!.

Marsha J.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

We can as a teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device.

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

You can access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from. To set up this is easy run the software on the computer you wish to be able to access, and set the software to allow accessing that computer from the Internet.

Pros

The ability to access teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device. MSP, IT professionals, service providers, and helpdesks can remotely support their clients, computers and provide them with remote access. I like that about the applications

Cons

Continue to develop and improve on the application. Its is a challenge to access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from.

Nathan R.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

For the price you can't get a better software.

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

The price was what made me look at this software.
For the price it is a really good software.
I can connect to my computers remotely and manage without problems.

Pros

Splashtop impressed me because the price is not high, they are always improving and the speed of connection is awesome.
The first time I tried it I played a video on the remote computer and I was able to watch and hear it fine.
It does what its supposed to do, let you remotely connect to a computer in order to manage it.
The price is great.

Cons

This is a very good software but it lacks a lot of the things others (that are way more expensive mind you) have.
Sometimes the software won't update automatically at the remote computer and sometimes computers just won't be reachable anymore.

James C.

Splashtop is a Great Remote Software for IT and MSP's

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Overall this product is great and is a asset that brings tremendous value.

Pros

Cost is low compared to alternatives and the features are rich enough to support customers remotely and get the job done.

Cons

Wish they would integrate everything into one instead of having to purchase blocks of pc's and having to purchase on-demand separately.

Blake G.

Great product

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Remote access for both personal and technical users.

Pros

I recently pruchased this application to help with remote access during Covid 19. I could not be happier with the outcome.

Cons

The program can be a little sluggish when connecting but so are all the other options out there and when the cost is less than 10% of its competitors. why change.

Monique I.
  • Industry: Accounting

Reliable remote access software

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Pros

The remote printing feature and access to the same computer by more than one person at a time making it easy to teach.

Cons

Took a while to understand the processes.

Good option for small IT business

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

One of the problems I have run into with other remote software programs is that the program will go dormant on my end when the operation on the far end is trying to execute a task that requires admin credentials, but I do not have that issue with Splashtop. I am able to get programs updated, and I can access all of the files that are stored on the local hard drives, as well as access the company NAS drive.

Pros

I manage a small office's computer systems, and Splashtop is perfect for what I need. I am able to remotely connect to any computer within this office's network to run update. make sure backups are being performed, and monitor antivirus programs. Setting up the client software on opposite was also very easy, and the security involved is very manageable.

Cons

Like I said, this software is perfect for my needs, but I could see how this may be lacking in some features for a larger operation.

M thomas H.

Splashtop Abandoned Me

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Cons

Splashtop Remote Mouse on my iPhone talking to Windows 10 no longer work putting me as handicapped 72 yr man with no access to windows 10
My iPhone was my mouse on Windows 10 but tech support has ignored me

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A cost effective remote control software

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

A bang for your buck remote control suite

Pros

Splashtop is very cheap when compared to competitors with similar features , that is extremely easy to deploy and use, even for non technical people.

Cons

Not as fast as the major players like Teamviewer or logmein and there has been a couple of instances where the service was not available at critical times. Support is a bit hit and miss.

Jason J.
  • Industry: Human Resources

More than expected

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

It helps me fix issues remotely on my user's PCs

Pros

It's so easy to use and very user friendly. The cost is much less than the previous company we used, and we get as many, if not more features.

Cons

Nothing that I've found so far. Everything works great.

Tony M.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy to Use - Cost blows away all competitors

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

I love it instant access to my customers computers, save $$ from needing to go onsite

Pros

Easy of Use, very low cost when purchased in Bulk

Cons

The rollout of the Bitdefender AV is a bit clunky. Would like bulk purchase to be in groups of 10 vs groups of 50

Michael D.

Does the job after getting used to the quirks of the software.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Pros

Performance is excellent. I can remote to my pc at 1440p resolution and the stream quality on my phone is smooth.

Cons

I can not change the resolution of pc while I'm remoting to it. Sometimes the resolution gets stuck to my phone's despite using the native setting.

Great software for Remote Support

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Pros

What I liked most was being able to separate the devices into groups. We are a school district so this made it nice to have our computers divided up into our different locations. It makes it easier to find which device we're trying to help troubleshoot. We also like the it asks the user for permission before allowing remote access. We were also able to set it up to lock the computer once we're done with the remote session. This is particularly useful for staff that allows access, but then walks away to work on other tasks. It's a nice added security feature.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that there is no silent install for Mac Users. We were able to push out the installation via Group Policy for all our Windows users, but Mac users requires time to actually install the file manually. We've encountered issues where many Mac users have delayed support because we have to install the product first.

Glenn G.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Good but not great

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

It was a good alternative to Team View - but I found another product that was faster in the way it rendered the screen. Was not as easy for remote clients to access as some others. It worked better than the total free ones, was a good alternative until I found a

Pros

Similar to other remote software out there. At the time it was good value and worked OK for the price

Cons

slow. It was very slow to render. File transfer was not easy enough and was unable to change date format which was annoying more than anything else.

Michael S.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Splashtop didn't really make a "spalsh"

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

We were looking for a way to access office PC's easily on android devices that were deployed in the office.

Pros

Availability across many operating systems.

Cons

To many additional "modules" to download. Not as user friendly as TeamViewer. Personal version does not support file transfer.

Jessica G.

I used to Recommend TeamViewer, NOW its all about Splashtop!

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

I came from using Teamviewer, i will never go back. Splashtop is honestly perfect to use.

Pros

I loved the easiness of just having a username and password to access my computer, i used to use TEAMVIEWER, and of course we needed the IP address, so some unique number, if not forget it you are out of luck ... this is so much easier and user friendly. Plus, totally inexpensive.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to maneuver at first, trying to get the screen to fit was the worse, i eventually got it and it works fine,

Adriaan V.

An excellent LogMeIn replacement

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

With Splashtop Remote Support we can effectively manage both our own PCs and servers, as well as that of our clients remotely. The switch from LogMeIn went smoothly, and we've found that the remote support sessions connect far quicker and are more reliable than LogMeIn. Overall we are very satisfied with Splashtop and glad that we've made the switch.

Pros

Easy setup
Quick and stable remote connections
Security features
Easy to learn and administer
Low bandwidth requirements
Anti-malware integration

Cons

Rollout via Active Directory is a bit tricky, but doable
Only the main admin user is able to create delegated admin accounts

GoToMyPC, LogMeIn Central and TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

We've used LogMeIn Free, then LogMeIn Central for many years. However, LogMeIn wrote to us a couple of years ago intending to more than double the price we were paying. So we looked at alternatives, and Splashtop came out on top for functionality and price. After a two week free trial we were satisfied that Splashtop was the way to go.

LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop Remote Support

Ease of use Lots of useful features Pricing
Dave O.

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

Pros

What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

Cons

When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Ryan H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Value and Support!

Reviewed on 01/08/2020

While the Remote Support product is pretty easy to figure out, there were a few questions along the way. The support team was very responsive - I used email and chat options.

Pros

We reviewed several products for our company and Splashtop handled our primary needs for supporting our workstations remotely. One of the biggest pros was the inclusion of the employee remote access to their PC's - especially during these WFH times! We ended up saving a substantial amount of money due to the consolidation of IT Remote Support tool and the Employee Remote Access into one product.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts and reporting available, as well as more information provided for each workstation.

TeamViewer and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

Was looking for an a more robust and cost effective method. This consolidated two products into one.

GoToMyPC

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop Remote Support

One product built into one and the price was perfect - especially for the size of our organization (75 employees)
Albert P.

Great Functionality and better bang for buck against Teamviewer

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

I'm an MSP providing support to small to medium size businesses, I need a cost effective, reliable mobile support tool for all operating systems and Splashtop does it for me. I moved from Teamviewer as it was expensive and cumbersome and wasn't able to support me with a solution unique to my business.

Pros

Easy to use, better screen render than teamviewer, easy to install and great admin controls. Also allowed me to distribute and manage remote administrators.

Cons

does not work on Linux well. Sometimes it does not work and no reason for connection issues. but quick reboot of streamer and the problem is sorted.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Splashtop Remote Support

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Overall great features, great support, great pricing.

Pros

All pros. I moved our company from LogMeIn Central to Splashtop and couldn't be happier. Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.

Cons

No cons to speak of. It has met our needs and has done so well in the 2 years we've been using Splashtop.

Matthew F.

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Pros

At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

Cons

The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times